Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COPPER thefts increasing in uk

+10
AnnaEsse
wjk
Panda
Loopdaloop
Angelique
chrissie
margaret
widowan
Chris
kitti
14 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

COPPER thefts increasing in uk - Page 4 Empty Re: COPPER thefts increasing in uk

Post  Badboy Sun 13 Nov - 12:15

Panda wrote:
Badboy wrote:
Panda wrote:A 21 yr old is in hospital with 61% burns because he tried to strip metal from a Substation. In rural Cheshire two metal Wall Plaques were
stolen from a War Memorial. Somewhere else, metal plaques were stolen from Gravestones, but recovered because Police believe even Scrapyards balked at buying them.

What THE HELL is happening to Britain when we are breeding such heartless criminals!!!!!!!! It"s not as though anyone starves today.
I KIND OF HEARD THAT ONE WHILE IN ANOTHER ROOM,SKY NEWS

Hi Badboy, 61% burns, he must be in a terrible state. At 21yrs of age you would think he would know it would bbe dangerous.
EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING,SURELY THEY MUST KNOW THAT SUCH ACTIVITIES COULD LEAD TO PERMANENT REMOVAL AND/OR DELETION FROM THE GENE POOL AND/OR SERIOUS INJURY AT BEST.
MY GAS SAFETLY INSPECTOR THOUGHT THAT SOMEONE HAD TRIED TO CUT MY OUTSIDE GAS PIPES TO STOLE THEM,TOLD HIM SOME CHILDREN HAVE TRIED TO CLIMB THEM BENDING THEM OUT OF SHAPE.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :
COPPER thefts increasing in uk - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100COPPER thefts increasing in uk - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

COPPER thefts increasing in uk - Page 4 Empty Re: COPPER thefts increasing in uk

Post  Panda Sun 13 Nov - 12:20

Badboy wrote:
Panda wrote:
Badboy wrote:
Panda wrote:A 21 yr old is in hospital with 61% burns because he tried to strip metal from a Substation. In rural Cheshire two metal Wall Plaques were
stolen from a War Memorial. Somewhere else, metal plaques were stolen from Gravestones, but recovered because Police believe even Scrapyards balked at buying them.

What THE HELL is happening to Britain when we are breeding such heartless criminals!!!!!!!! It"s not as though anyone starves today.
I KIND OF HEARD THAT ONE WHILE IN ANOTHER ROOM,SKY NEWS

Hi Badboy, 61% burns, he must be in a terrible state. At 21yrs of age you would think he would know it would bbe dangerous.
EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING,SURELY THEY MUST KNOW THAT SUCH ACTIVITIES COULD LEAD TO PERMANENT REMOVAL AND/OR DELETION FROM THE GENE POOL AND/OR SERIOUS INJURY AT BEST.
MY GAS SAFETLY INSPECTOR THOUGHT THAT SOMEONE HAD TRIED TO CUT MY OUTSIDE GAS PIPES TO STOLE THEM,TOLD HIM SOME CHILDREN HAVE TRIED TO CLIMB THEM BENDING THEM OUT OF SHAPE.

I thought SubStations were protected for public safety"s sake. These dealers must know anything they buy from youngsters is suspect.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
COPPER thefts increasing in uk - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100COPPER thefts increasing in uk - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 13 Nov - 12:40

I HAVE SEEN ONE SUBSTATION BY A CARPARK,ONLY HAS A BIT OF BARBED FENCING,A LOT DON'T SEEM TO HAVE SUBSTANTIAL PROTECTION,SIMPLY CLIMB OVER FENCING OR WALL,MY LOCAL SUBSTATION,YOU COULD PROBABLY SIMPLY CUT THE BOLTS AND BE IN THE SUBSTATION,NO PROBLEMS.
PERHAPS SOME EDUCATION ABOUT THE RISKS OF SUCH ACTIVITIES MIGHT BEE AN IDEA.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 13 Nov - 12:51

Badboy wrote:I HAVE SEEN ONE SUBSTATION BY A CARPARK,ONLY HAS A BIT OF BARBED FENCING,A LOT DON'T SEEM TO HAVE SUBSTANTIAL PROTECTION,SIMPLY CLIMB OVER FENCING OR WALL,MY LOCAL SUBSTATION,YOU COULD PROBABLY SIMPLY CUT THE BOLTS AND BE IN THE SUBSTATION,NO PROBLEMS.

I would imagine after this that there will be danger signs , although this young man surely knew the danger.Badboy this metal stealing is becoming endemic, is it considered the "in" thing to do now?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 13 Nov - 13:24

I SEE HE WAS EAST EUROPEAN.
CABLE THEFTS CAUSED THE COASTGUARD COMMUNICATION SYSTEM ON THE SOLENT TO BE CUT OFF
CABLE THIEVES ARE ALSO ATTACKING AIRWAVE COMMUNICATION SYSTEM USED BY EMERENENCY(SP?) SERVICES AS WELL AS STEALING BT VANS TO COVER THEIR TRACKS.
IT MAY BE ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE AN INNOCENT PERSON DIES BECAUSE OF THESE CRIMES.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sun 13 Nov - 16:10

These sub-stations do have warning signs. The only problem is that if they are East europeans or unable to understand English they will not realise the risk. Perhaps we should have signs in several languages now.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 13 Nov - 16:27

Panda wrote:
Badboy wrote:I HAVE SEEN ONE SUBSTATION BY A CARPARK,ONLY HAS A BIT OF BARBED FENCING,A LOT DON'T SEEM TO HAVE SUBSTANTIAL PROTECTION,SIMPLY CLIMB OVER FENCING OR WALL,MY LOCAL SUBSTATION,YOU COULD PROBABLY SIMPLY CUT THE BOLTS AND BE IN THE SUBSTATION,NO PROBLEMS.

I would imagine after this that there will be danger signs , although this young man surely knew the danger.Badboy this metal stealing is becoming endemic, is it considered the "in" thing to do now?
THE SUBSTATION I HAVE SEEN DO HAVE DANGER SIGNS,MY LOCAL ONE HAS ABOUT 3-5 DANGER OF DEATH SIGNS,ALSO A SIGN SAYING 140 VOLTS ELECTRIC BOLT PERSON SAYING ON THE GROUND LIKE SIGN.

NOT SURE ABOUT RAILWAY LINES IF THEY HAVE SIGNS WARNING OF DANGER.

IT DOES SEEM TO THE IN THING TO DO BECAUSE THE PRICE OF A TON OF METAL/CABLE HAS INCREASED

Last edited by Badboy on Sun 13 Nov - 16:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : MORE INFORMATION)
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 13 Nov - 17:13

I bet the young man who tried to strip the metal is an illegal and as you say ,probably unable to read English. I don"t ever remember so much theft of copper and other metals, it"s just not the style of British youngsters, this is something new, robbing headstones of metal and
rememberance wall plaques.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 14 Nov - 15:52

They come at night,like lepars scratching around for the last few crumbs,desperate for a 'meal' of any sort.The hooded ones,Pariahs of society,lurking in the shadows,indescriminate,they care not for the consequences.

No legislation will stop those who are desperate and have no care for the effects of their actions on others,let them fry on the overhead pylons if that is their choice.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 14 Nov - 16:42

Angelique wrote:These sub-stations do have warning signs. The only problem is that if they are East europeans or unable to understand English they will not realise the risk. Perhaps we should have signs in several languages now.

Angelique you are too kind hearted! This person was 21 years old, he knew what he was doing because he knew where to go to get the copper.

If you or l were to go abroad we could spot an electricity sub station l'm sure.

Don't get me wrong it's terrible for him, stupid boy has ruined his life for what? a few pounds.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 14 Nov - 16:57

61% burns is horrendous and who is going to pay for the long term treatment if this young man survives.? This is yet another example of
Britain being out of control, yet that a***hole Cameron can stash £40 billion , put £5 billion of this into the IMF Kitty to help bail out the
EU banks, decrease our Police Force, Border patrol, give all immigrants the same benefits that the indigenous population receives, including
free health care and prescriptions, no wonder Britain is in such a state.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 14 Nov - 18:01

I have no sympathy for these thieves.The consequences of their actions can be catastrophic.Why should the tax paying law abiding people be subjected to the inconvenience and worse of these trouble makers.
Lets put up signs in 100 different languages telling them to fuck off and see if they can be bothered to read that.I'm sure there will be some ambulance chasing inbred lawyers offering a helping hand.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 14 Nov - 18:20

IT HAS JUST COME UP ON NEWS ABOUT CABLE THEFT.
NEWS SHOWING TRANSPORT POLICE COMING ACROSS CUT CABLE(SALFORD?)/SCRAP YARD,SHOWED THAT EXPLOSION EARLIER IN THREAD,SCRAP DEALER SAYS CASHLESS SYSTEM IS BEST.
COSTS 770MILLION A YEAR.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 14 Nov - 18:29

Lioned wrote:I have no sympathy for these thieves.The consequences of their actions can be catastrophic.Why should the tax paying law abiding people be subjected to the inconvenience and worse of these trouble makers.
Lets put up signs in 100 different languages telling them to fuck off and see if they can be bothered to read that.I'm sure there will be some ambulance chasing inbred lawyers offering a helping hand.

Hi Lioned , I live in an area which was once considered middle class but even the schools in this area are being taken over by immigrants.

I know I shouldn"t laugh but yesterday I was standing at my Doctor"s Reception desk waiting for a prescription to be signed and chatting to
the Receptionists when a Muslim dressed in the Burka etc came sweeping up to the desk and all you could see were her glasses. It must have
been a designer outfit she had on because the Headress had two pieces of material sticking out from the ear part and the robe was made of
nylon and billowing as she walked. One of the Receptionists answered her query and , off she swept. I remarked to the girls that she looked like Darth Vadar and after a little giggle they agreed and said it is disgraceful that Britain has to comply with them rather than they comply with Britain. One of the Girls said these patients could be anybody and Doctors could be treating friends of these immigrants without knowing
and this Practice had closed it"s books for new Patients a while ago because thhe Practice was so stretched.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 14 Nov - 18:35

Unscrupulous dealers and middle men will still pay cash.It would be like telling people to stop paying cash to builders to save a bit of tax ! People still do it.
Tinkering with legislation will not stop pikies being pikies,just take a look at the lawless scum at Dale Farm if you want some flavour of the types of 'humans' who care not a jot for the suffering of innocent people if they can make a few bob from it.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 14 Nov - 18:38

And as for the 'burka'.Panda.If you are allowed to come to this country and live here then the least you can do is have the decency (and good manners) to show your face.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 14 Nov - 23:20

A LOT OF THIS METAL THEFT HAS BEEN LINKED TO ROMANIAN CRIME SYNDICATES
METAL THEFT HAS AFFECTED AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL AT STANSTED.
METAL THIEVES HAVE STRUCK ABRAHAM LINCOLN'S GRAVE IN THE US,STOLEING A COPPER SWORD.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 15 Nov - 23:57

THE NEW BILL AGAINST METAL THEFTS APPEARS TO HAVE PASSED ITS FIRST HURDLE.

CABLE THIEVES IN SIDCUP CUT OFF POWER TO BACKUP GENERATORS AT A HOSPITAL.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 22 Nov - 15:50

LETS HOPE NOBODY STEALS RADIOACTIVE SCRAP METAL IN UK LIKE IN UKRAINE IN THE CHERNOBYL AREA.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 22 Nov - 23:38

If they did they would be quite easy to find at night !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 24 Nov - 22:52

lancashire has almost one electricity related metal theft a day,watch this space for first fatalities.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 26 Nov - 0:16

TODAY THERE WAS AN INQUEST IN CORNWALL WHERE SOMEONE GOT KILLED WHEN HE TRIED TO STEAL METAL FROM A MISUSED PART OF A HOSPITAL.
THE HOSPITAL COULDN'T TURN OFF ELECTRICITY TO SAVE HIM BECAUSE SOME PATIENTS WERE ON DIALYSIS.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sat 26 Nov - 2:29

Badboy

Yes, this was on the local news. It happened at St.Lawrences Hospital in the underground tunnels beneath part of the derelict unused hospital which houses all the maintenance cables and pipes. He died trying to put a connector to a live cable because the battery had run out on his metal cutter. They were trying to cut a metal boiler to take it away. His accomplice tried to resuscitate him but failed.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 26 Nov - 9:01

Not just metals these days, apparently. I was in a rather up-market area of town this morning and happened to have a chat with a person I see regularly walking his dog. He told me that in the night a long row of coping stones had gone from someone's garden wall. These, he said, are worth a few quid each to any builder using recycled materials.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 26 Nov - 16:41

Badboy wrote:TODAY THERE WAS AN INQUEST IN CORNWALL WHERE SOMEONE GOT KILLED WHEN HE TRIED TO STEAL METAL FROM A MISUSED PART OF A HOSPITAL.
THE HOSPITAL COULDN'T TURN OFF ELECTRICITY TO SAVE HIM BECAUSE SOME PATIENTS WERE ON DIALYSIS.
Serves him right.... If he hadn't have been out stealing he'd still be safely at home...
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next