Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No more news off the world

+27
Merina
Angelique
isar
Chris
buildersbum
sunflower
Panda
almostgothic
halfamo
Annabel
the slave
cass
RIORITA
chrissie
SteveT
meg
Bobsy
Ollybelle
tabs
Dimsie
SyFy
pennylane
Justiceforallkids
Arguida
malena stool
MaryB
fred
31 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

No more news off the world - Page 6 Empty Re: No more news off the world

Post  Annabel Sat 9 Jul - 15:07

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
No more news off the world - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100No more news off the world - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat 9 Jul - 15:13

Whose list is it? Is it a list in the police's possession or one complied by TM who might have been hacked just to make sure the bandwagon doesn't roll past?
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
No more news off the world - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100No more news off the world - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Sat 9 Jul - 15:21

Thanks Annabel lets hope these investigations police and others are transparent because this is getting murkier everyday.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 9 Jul - 15:32

Chris wrote:Whose list is it? Is it a list in the police's possession or one complied by TM who might have been hacked just to make sure the bandwagon doesn't roll past?

I am surprised the Telegraph gave this list Clarence must know some ace Reporter there and fed him information which he was gullible enough to
believe. First of all it was CM about 3 weeks ago thinking he may have been hacked now we have 67 calls unearthed all to do with him and the
McCanns. I hope they are incriminating if they exist and Scotland Yard adds them to their Review.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 9 Jul - 16:36

REBEKAH BROOKS HAS JUST TOLD A COMMITEE OF MPS SHE HAD NO IDEA ABOUT THE MILLY DOWLER HACKING WHILE EDITOR OF THE NOTW
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

No more news off the world - Page 6 Empty as above

Post  halfamo Sat 9 Jul - 16:42

Badboy wrote:REBEKAH BROOKS HAS JUST TOLD A COMMITEE OF MPS SHE HAD NO IDEA ABOUT THE MILLY DOWLER HACKING WHILE EDITOR OF THE NOTW

No more news off the world - Page 6 23324
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 9 Jul - 16:46

I think Rebekah knows too much , that"s why Murdoch can"r sack her. After tomorrow she will work for one of the other Papers he owns, I can"t see any
other Paper employing her.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat 9 Jul - 16:46

Panda wrote:
Chris wrote:Whose list is it? Is it a list in the police's possession or one complied by TM who might have been hacked just to make sure the bandwagon doesn't roll past?

I am surprised the Telegraph gave this list Clarence must know some ace Reporter there and fed him information which he was gullible enough to
believe. First of all it was CM about 3 weeks ago thinking he may have been hacked now we have 67 calls unearthed all to do with him and the
McCanns. I hope they are incriminating if they exist and Scotland Yard adds them to their Review.

I still think it is unclear whose list it is:

A Scotland Yard spokesman said of the list: “If anyone is concerned about telephone hacking we are duty bound to take it seriously.”

That to me says it is a list given to SY by TM on the basis of "these are who we think might of been hacked" not that there is any evidence that they were hacked.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat 9 Jul - 16:49

Panda wrote:I think Rebekah knows too much , that"s why Murdoch can"r sack her. After tomorrow she will work for one of the other Papers he owns, I can"t see any

She doesn't work for NotW she is Chief Executive of News International which is, I think, the principal holding company of all the UK operations.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 9 Jul - 17:10

Chris wrote:
Panda wrote:I think Rebekah knows too much , that"s why Murdoch can"r sack her. After tomorrow she will work for one of the other Papers he owns, I can"t see any

She doesn't work for NotW she is Chief Executive of News International which is, I think, the principal holding company of all the UK operations.

Chris, she did have an Office, I believe on the 6th Floor with other Board Members so would have been very remiss not to investigate when the Reporter was jailed in 2003, even when the next Reporter was Jailed in 2007 it should have been a wake up ccall to ensure the hacking had stopped. Rebekah
was probably paid mega bucks to turn a blind eye and cannot , if she was doing her job properly, escape responsibility. She is Murdoch"s pet, but I
think he will take action because of the bad publicity she is getting and he wants to prove to Ofcom that he is a worthy owner to buy the rest of bskyb
shares, which I doubt he will get now.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sat 9 Jul - 17:54

carmen

Thank you for this interesting article:

http://sturdyblog.wordpress.com/2011/07/08/an-autopsy-of-the-news-of-the-world-affair/

An Autopsy of The News of The World Affair
JULY 8, 2011

This bit had occurred to me as well - what a strange thing to do and allow all these people to bear a grudge:

"Firstly, he has created an army of as many as 200 disgruntled whistle-blowers. The hope that not a single editor or journalist will have come across a document or email which implicates those responsible is naive. Watch out for leak after leak and revelation after revelation."

It is quite possible Murdoch will pay a price for this.

Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 9 Jul - 18:06

Angelique wrote:carmen

http://sturdyblog.wordpress.com/2011/07/08/an-autopsy-of-the-news-of-the-world-affair/

JULY 8, 2011

This bit had occurred to me as well - what a strange thing to do and allow all these people to bear a grudge:

"Firstly, he has created an army of as many as 200 disgruntled whistle-blowers. The hope that not a single editor or journalist will have come across a document or email which implicates those responsible is naive. Watch out for leak after leak and revelation after revelation."

I"m sure he will Angelique, what amazes me is that this has been going on since 2003, a Reporter goes to Jail in 2007...........yet they STILL
carried on as normal!!!! Heads should roll in the upper echelons for this and I honestly don"t think Murdoch will be able to by the rest of the bskyb shares, maybe even be forced to sell his 61% stake because of this. As I just said to Chris, 2003, then 2007 ....yet it still went on and it"s the
innocent workers who have suffered and lost their jobs, some reported crying this morning when they were allowed to take memorabilia. A Bl**Dy
DISGRACE I call it and the Board cant say they didn"t know, not this time.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat 9 Jul - 18:14

Angelique wrote:carmen

JULY 8, 2011

There are already a few Twitterers claiming to be ex hacks and making noises.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sat 9 Jul - 18:25

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat 9 Jul - 18:32

Blimey I thought they had dug out his Spitting Image puppet for a minute.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 9 Jul - 18:45

Rebekah has written to MPs stressing that she had no idea that hacking was going on when she was Editor in Newscorp. This American , not sure
if he is a Reporter or analyst, has just said, while the U.S. has had reporting coverups re the Iraq War, Watergate, he has never known anything on this scale and while he didn"t want to suggest American Reporters were whiter that white, this case is proving to be nothing like he has known and only one
Newspaper , the Guardian , did not accept what was happening so it appears to be a culture in the British press .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 9 Jul - 19:20

She was their the same time as andy coulsden so I don't believe a bloody word off it....she's lying......if he did...she DID....hope he drops her fat arse in it and i hope their is at lease ONE whistleblower in the sacked lot and if they believe she is going to find jobs for ALL off them elsewhere, forget it....hell will freeze over before she does that.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 9 Jul - 19:36

Panda wrote:
On Channel 4 News earlier it was reported that when Staff went to work this morning there were Guards at the Door to make sure they weren"t taking
anything, their passes were taken away from them so they couldn"t go to Floor 6 where the Board is and they are furious that Rebekah has kept her
job and that Sunday Sun was registered 2 days before they were told the NOTW was to close down. One worker blamed Twitter where the campaign
gained momentum and said he hoped those you signed were satisfied that so many innocent workers have lost their jobs.

It was registered BEFORE the twitter campaign.....so don't blame twitter blame Murdoch.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 9 Jul - 19:39

If BK is on the hacking list.....wonder if he is a tadge worried about it......
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 9 Jul - 19:49

BK has his own problems, has renaged on £200 million Loan Agreement with RBS and £7 million with an Australian Bank. Because RBS is 70% owned by
Britain I don"t know if they will sue him , but the Australian Bank well might He has been noticeably absent and since jt appears he is on that list
this could be very interesting with regard to the Fund.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  isar Sat 9 Jul - 20:10

I just have the one question:

Milly Dowler's phone was intercepted and her mailbox interfered with-whilst the child was missing

By a PI in the employ of the NOTW at the time - incarcerated for the deed - that was/is a crime

and that makes the newsroom in Wapping a crimescene - no ?

So today we see the (presumably entirely innocent present NOWT staff) editing their last edition - chomping on cakes and wearing 'meaningfully- sloganged' T-shirts proclaiming the end of what never was more than a sleaze paper.

The newsroom should have been cleared 49 hrs ago with cops going through every hard drive and every filing cabinet.

Bet you can't get near the shredder now for love nor money.

That Brooks has a pot to p.ss in tonight makes a mockery of all that justice carp.

Cameron is staring right into the abyss Nietzsche went on about.....and Uncle Rupert will touch down in Heathrow tomorrow - delivering the final blow

Just right now-I'm glad I'm not from the Cotswolds

isar
isar
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 78
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  sunflower Sat 9 Jul - 20:20

isar wrote:I just have the one question:

Milly Dowler's phone was intercepted and her mailbox interfered with-whilst the child was missing

By a PI in the employ of the NOTW at the time - incarcerated for the deed - that was/is a crime

So today we see the (presumably entirely innocent present NOWT staff) editing their last edition - chomping on cakes and wearing 'meaningfully- sloganged' T-shirts proclaiming the end of what never was more than a sleaze paper.

The newsroom should have been cleared 49 hrs ago with cops going through every hard drive and every filing cabinet.

That Brooks has a pot to p.ss in tonight makes a mockery of all that justice carp.

Cameron is staring right into the abyss Nietzsche went on about.....and Uncle Rupert will touch down in Heathrow tomorrow - delivering the final blow

Totally right, it is a crimescene......but Cameron is up to his neck in it, no doubt the labour party too. Milliband is using Cameron's reluctance to move on this as a political tool to discredit the Tories.....probably in the knowledge his own party are implicated. But he knows Cameron won't budge.....so he has nothing to loose in pushing for action.
sunflower
sunflower
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 239
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat 9 Jul - 20:31

The PI wasn't jailed for hacking Milly Dowler's phone - that allegation has only just surfaced. I think the proven offence leading to his sentence was related to hacking phones belonging to Prince Harry and staff at Clarence House.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  isar Sat 9 Jul - 20:46

Chris wrote:

The PI wasn't jailed for hacking Milly Dowler's phone - that allegation has only just surfaced. I think the proven offence leading to his sentence was related to hacking phones belonging to Prince Harry and staff at Clarence House.

semantics ...he was jailed for HACKING

he hacked then he hacked now...11000 pages of HACKING which the Met only took a glance at in 2006

surely you aren't playing down his or the Nowt's culpability ?
isar
isar
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 78
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 9 Jul - 21:01

Who was it that got hold off Dianagate lol
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next