Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No more news off the world

+27
Merina
Angelique
isar
Chris
buildersbum
sunflower
Panda
almostgothic
halfamo
Annabel
the slave
cass
RIORITA
chrissie
SteveT
meg
Bobsy
Ollybelle
tabs
Dimsie
SyFy
pennylane
Justiceforallkids
Arguida
malena stool
MaryB
fred
31 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

No more news off the world - Page 3 Empty Re: No more news off the world

Post  Guest Thu 7 Jul - 19:05

@subedited

Sun subeditors have walked out in protest, apparently.
11 minutes ago via web
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 7 Jul - 19:13

That"s a good Report Carmen, and I agree anout the PCC. Did you wat ch the hearing where Gerry Mccann and Max Moseley gave evidence about Press
intrusion? and it was so ineffectual, nob! ody asked leading questions except one Guy who asked Adam from Carter Ruck whether we had taken the MCann case on a no win no fee basis....as if.! He was told initially CR received a retainer than went on a no win fee basis.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
No more news off the world - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100No more news off the world - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 7 Jul - 19:22

Panda wrote:That"s a good Report Carmen, and I agree anout the PCC. Did you wat ch the hearing where Gerry Mccann and Max Moseley gave evidence about Press
intrusion? and it was so ineffectual, nob! ody asked leading questions except one Guy who asked Adam from Carter Ruck whether we had taken the MCann case on a no win no fee basis....as if.! He was told initially CR received a retainer than went on a no win fee basis.

Yes, the whole thing was pathetic - purely for show. I don't think they're going to get away with this that easily. Let's just hope that the Met has cleaned it's act up with regard to both this and the McCann review. Fingers (and everything else that will cross) crossed No more news off the world - Page 3 192282
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Thu 7 Jul - 19:27

Ah well, at least that's one of them gone, though of course the Sun on Sunday or something similar will replace it. I feel sorry for the ordinary workers though, the ones who'll lose their jobs.

Anywat, RIP News of the World. One down, any more to go? No more news off the world - Page 3 25346
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :
No more news off the world - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100No more news off the world - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Thu 7 Jul - 19:39

Chris wrote:
kitti wrote:Theirs only ONE reason for this.....well a few really......FORD.....ASDA.......NAT WEST......MORRISONS.....etc etc....don't think Murdoch is doing this out off the goodness off his heart, do you...no....with 60,000 per advert.....Lot off money he will be loosing.....

I suspect the real reason is the BSkyB bid going south - to be saved at any cost. Newspapers are a dying media and the NotW can be sacrificed in favour of a brand new (cough) Sunday tabloid. There will be a massive TV promotion next week for the new Sunday Sun to try and switch the readership seamlessly. Different name, same sh*t.

The public are not that stupid, it will still flop
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Thu 7 Jul - 19:42

halfamo wrote:This closure of NOTW is a deliberate distraction by Murdoch jr he,s hoping the public will take their eye off their other activities the big prize BSKYB.

They wish!!!
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Thu 7 Jul - 19:45

kitti wrote:Instead off sacking HER Murdoch chose to save face and sack everyone else....

Hmm wonder why????????????????????????????????????
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 7 Jul - 19:56

just a few minutes ago on ch4 news,it mentioned the 1.5 million reward concerning madeleine mccann,i wonder what will happened about that reward now.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 7 Jul - 20:03

YOU GO AWAY TO A PLACE LIKE LONGLEAT HOUSE,HEARING OF NO WAY WHILE THERE AND YOU COME BACK TO HEAR THE NEWS AND YOU HEAR NO MORE NOTW!
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 7 Jul - 20:14

@allisonpearson

News International has blocked the internet and Twitter to prevent fired staff attacking Rebekah Brooks. A free press is so important...
26 minutes ago via web
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SyFy Thu 7 Jul - 20:19

Bang goes any chance of claiming the NOTW's £1.5m reward then No more news off the world - Page 3 294124

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw/news/article2386.ece

Corruption doesn't pay No more news off the world - Page 3 302722 No more news off the world - Page 3 391499
SyFy
SyFy

Number of posts : 40
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Thu 7 Jul - 20:27

Badboy wrote:just a few minutes ago on ch4 news,it mentioned the 1.5 million reward concerning madeleine mccann,i wonder what will happened about that reward now.
Maybe the Sun will offer it instead? Not that the reward seems to matter, TBH, at least as far as the McCanns are concerned, since Kate doesn't want any 'greedy criminals' getting their hands on it. As she says 'If they want it, I’m sure they’ll find a way of getting in touch.' That woman is so wonderfully enthusiastic about anything that might help in the search for her daughter, isn't she? No more news off the world - Page 3 25346
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  tabs Thu 7 Jul - 20:34

hmmmm now any ex employees can get to twitter ( from home) and tell us all what they really have on the McCanns

and no i'm not being insensitive i'm being proactive No more news off the world - Page 3 294124
tabs
tabs
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 7 Jul - 20:36

Dimsie wrote:
Badboy wrote:just a few minutes ago on ch4 news,it mentioned the 1.5 million reward concerning madeleine mccann,i wonder what will happened about that reward now.
Maybe the Sun will offer it instead? Not that the reward seems to matter, TBH, at least as far as the McCanns are concerned, since Kate doesn't want any 'greedy criminals' getting their hands on it. As she says 'If they want it, I’m sure they’ll find a way of getting in touch.' That woman is so wonderfully enthusiastic about anything that might help in the search for her daughter, isn't she? No more news off the world - Page 3 25346
PRESUMBLY THE TELEPHONE NUMBER TO CLAIM THE REWARD IS NO LONGER OPERATIONABLE
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Thu 7 Jul - 21:04

Badboy wrote:
Dimsie wrote:
PRESUMBLY THE TELEPHONE NUMBER TO CLAIM THE REWARD IS NO LONGER OPERATIONABLE

It's been redirected to that laughing man on Blackpool Pleasure Beach.... No more news off the world - Page 3 294124 No more news off the world - Page 3 23324
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 7 Jul - 21:40

Since the reward was coming from people pledging like virgin boss and mrs Harry potter, who has actually got rid off her agent right at the time she has made her LAST sequel on Harry potter....

And I did email them three times asking about the reward and never got a reply.....pie in the sky...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 7 Jul - 21:42

I think if she were ever to be found they will honour their pledge....even tho it will never happen.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Thu 7 Jul - 21:45

tabs wrote:hmmmm now any ex employees can get to twitter ( from home) and tell us all what they really have on the McCanns

and no i'm not being insensitive i'm being proactive No more news off the world - Page 3 294124

It could be the tip of the iceberg in more ways then one No more news off the world - Page 3 944533
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Ollybelle Thu 7 Jul - 21:49

Sorry if this has been posted before but better twice than none Trying to post a picture and it hasnt worked
Ollybelle
Ollybelle
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 177
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Thu 7 Jul - 21:57

buildersbum wrote:
tabs wrote:hmmmm now any ex employees can get to twitter ( from home) and tell us all what they really have on the McCanns

It could be the tip of the iceberg in more ways then one No more news off the world - Page 3 944533

IMO for what it's worth we are entering a period when people will sell their grandmother to save their own skins. So lets just watch the www. I bet the McCanns are No more news off the world - Page 3 497573 and so they should as there/their will be slips.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 7 Jul - 22:04

If that were me and I was one off the 200 thrown on the scrapheap and their were things that we we told NOT to do regarding the mccanns under the authorisation off Murdoch ......I wouldn't hold back, that's for sure because if Murdoch can do that to people and not give a toss about their families then ...do unto others what they have done unto you..
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Thu 7 Jul - 23:21

carmen wrote:

carmen

Thank you for this video, thank you, thank you, thank you. I hate to say it but I have seen this power for some time and I am glad I have been right, but wish I hadn't been right IUSWIM.

Well done Nick Davies for coming out and saying it like it is! POWER and the people holding that power think they are above the law.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 7 Jul - 23:30

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Fri 8 Jul - 7:35

carmen wrote:

Well done Nick Davies for saying it as it is. No more news off the world - Page 3 307691 No more news off the world - Page 3 307691 No more news off the world - Page 3 307691

All good honest points.

I hope DC realises who he is rubbing shoulders with and chooses his friends better in the future.

I think many of us realised that the PCC was useless and ineffective...into Room 101 it has to go. No more news off the world - Page 3 25346
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 8 Jul - 9:49

whatsupdoc wrote:

Well done Nick Davies for saying it as it is. No more news off the world - Page 3 307691 No more news off the world - Page 3 307691 No more news off the world - Page 3 307691

All good honest points.

I hope DC realises who he is rubbing shoulders with and chooses his friends better in the future.

I think many of us realised that the PCC was useless and ineffective...into Room 101 it has to go. No more news off the world - Page 3 25346

Up until a couple of years ago it wasn't Cameron & Co Brooks and Murdoch were busy "entertaining".
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next