Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT do you think of benefit fraud?

+10
Panda
AnnaEsse
kitti
chrissie
cherry1
tigger
malena stool
wjk
mara thon
gillyspot
14 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

WHAT do you think of benefit fraud? - Page 5 Empty Re: WHAT do you think of benefit fraud?

Post  chrissie Wed 3 Oct - 10:35

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4568498/5m-lotto-winners-in-36k-benefits-swindle.html

A LOTTERY winner and his sister fraudulently claimed more than £36,000 benefits despite a £5.5million jackpot.

Lawrence Candlish, 38, moved to Spain after his win and opened a bar and restaurant in Alicante.

But he failed to tell benefits bosses he had left Britain and went on to pocket £13,365 to which he was not entitled.

Sister Melanie Batey, 39, went to live with him and also continued falsely claiming benefits totalling £23,131.

Candlish, of Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, was a 23-year-old machinist when he hit the jackpot in 1997 — using numbers “picked” by his DOG.

But after moving to Spain in 2005 he continued claiming disability allowance for brittle bone disease. Newcastle Crown Court heard the claims continued till December 2010.

Paraplegic Batey moved to Spain in 2007 and continued claiming income support, despite getting £800,000 of her brother’s lottery winnings.

Candlish, who faced court on crutches after a hip op, and Batey admitted converting criminal property. They received nine-month jail terms suspended for 18 months, with 12-month supervision orders.

Vince Ward, mitigating, said Candlish hit hard times after his win, with his restaurant going bankrupt. But Recorder Tim Roberts QC said: “These are serious offences. You knew what you were doing was fraudulent.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4568498/5m-lotto-winners-in-36k-benefits-swindle.html#ixzz28E8hsJD9
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :
WHAT do you think of benefit fraud? - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100WHAT do you think of benefit fraud? - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

WHAT do you think of benefit fraud? - Page 5 Empty Re: WHAT do you think of benefit fraud?

Post  kitti Wed 3 Oct - 11:31

Watch bbc1 at 9 tonight......foreign tourists coming over here to get free NHS treatment costing US 3m plus a year.

I already knew about this anyway....kings college are full off them in the dental department....they come over for the day, get the free treatment and drugs then bugger off back home.

Yet WE can't get nothing.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
WHAT do you think of benefit fraud? - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100WHAT do you think of benefit fraud? - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 3 Oct - 16:07

kitti wrote:Watch bbc1 at 9 tonight......foreign tourists coming over here to get free NHS treatment costing US 3m plus a year.

I already knew about this anyway....kings college are full off them in the dental department....they come over for the day, get the free treatment and drugs then bugger off back home.

Yet WE can't get nothing.

We'd get mugged !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 29 Oct - 20:30

AN UGANDAN IMMIGRANT CLAIMED £680,00 POSSIBLY MORE WITH ALL HIS DIFFERENT IDENTIFIES,CLAIMED TO HAVE 100 CHILDREN PLUS HIV.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8854
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 16 Dec - 22:01

£13MILLION HAS BEEN PAID EVERY YEAR TO PRISONERS WHO SHOULDN'T HAVE RECEIVED BENEFITS.
THE WHOLE SYSTEM IS IN CHAOS.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 17 Dec - 22:56

THERE ARE SEVERAL RECENT CASES OF OVER £100,000 BENEFIT SCAMS INCLUDING A WOMAN WHO USED THE MONEY TO BREED HORSES,WIDGETS AND CATS.
IN GILLINGHAM A JOB CENTRE ADVISOR(OF ALL PEOPLE!) DEFRAUDED THE DWP OF £150,000?
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 22 Mar - 20:19

I SAW ON A NEWSPAPER FRONT PAGE THAT A MAGISTRATE COMMITTED A £22,00 BENEFIT FRAUD, A MAGISTRATE!
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 22 Mar - 21:43

He was actually following the example of some of our glorious MPs - it was an expenses fiddle.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9833937/Magistrate-fiddled-22000-in-expenses.html

While I was working for a local council, I did come across a few people who worked there who were either claiming benefit or refusing to pay their own rates / Council Tax. They'd got to know all the tricks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 22 Mar - 23:54

Not Born Yesterday wrote:He was actually following the example of some of our glorious MPs - it was an expenses fiddle.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9833937/Magistrate-fiddled-22000-in-expenses.html

While I was working for a local council, I did come across a few people who worked there who were either claiming benefit or refusing to pay their own rates / Council Tax. They'd got to know all the tricks.
ACTUALLY I WAS THINKING ,WHO NEXT WILL BE FOUND GUILTY OF BENEFIT;MPS,POSSIBLY EVEN A CABINET MEMBER NEXT AT THE RATE THINGS ARE GOING
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 23 Mar - 9:27

I think it would be well nigh impossible for well-known politicians to commit benefit fraud unless of course they set up a fake identity.

Here's what happened to the magistrate.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2281125/Magistrate-spared-jail-22-000-expenses-claim-years.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 24 Aug - 19:19

I ACTUALLY SAW A STORY ABOUT THE OTHER DAY,IT THE FRAUDSTERS ETC WHO MAKE ME HATE BEING ON MY DISABILITY BENEFITS/ANY BENEFITS AT ALL.
MAYBE THERE SHOULD BE DEMONSTRATIONS AGAINST BENEFITS FRAUDSTER.
THERE ONCE WAS ONE BENEFIT FRAUDSTER WHO GAVE HER EXCUSE AS EVERYONE IS COMMITTING BENEFIT FRAUD.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 24 Aug - 19:50

In a town I once lived in (nameless here!) there was a councilor who went to lots of conferences with the head of the department she represented. She traveled in his car, but claimed first class rail fare. By the time the County Treasurer got wind of this and took the matter to the full council and then to the police, the fraud amounted to thousands. The CPS decided not to prosecute for some reason and the County Treasurer resigned. The whole business was swept under the carpet.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

WHAT do you think of benefit fraud? - Page 5 Empty benefits

Post  joyce1938 Sun 25 Aug - 12:18

Hi badboy, you should not be ashamrd of benefits ,if you know your an honest claimant and need it ,its the bl---dy rogues that get it that annoys most people ,too many of them around . please stay straight down the line in your honesty ,its best for you or you would have changed it before now . joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 345
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 25 Aug - 18:31

I HAVE TOLD THE BENEFIT PEOPLE THAT I THINK MY CONDITION HAS IMPROVED BUT THEY STILL PAY ME THE SAME AMOUNT OF BENEFIT.
I AM ALWAYS HONEST WITH THEM.
IT IS THOSE WHO HATE BEING ON BENEFITS WHO PROBABLY NEED THEM MOST.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 25 Aug - 18:36

You're probably right there BB about those with the most need feeling that they're the most undeserving. It's many years ago now of course but my mother (who would now be 103!) always said that, if ever she was able to, she would repay every penny that she was given in benefits as a widow with two children unable to work more than a few hours a week because of her health.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

WHAT do you think of benefit fraud? - Page 5 Empty benefits

Post  joyce1938 Mon 26 Aug - 10:12

Hi badboy,you have done what you felt was right,and that is good thing . you may have improves some ,but maybe not enough for them to mess about with the amount,as you may find your not as improved as you think and just wanting to get off benefits and then that will be detrimental to your health to need to worry about it again. so I think most people would be glad to know benefits are there if one needs it ,its just that few who go over the top and take without thought and dishonest that will do anything to get what they want ,not need .joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 345
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 26 Aug - 11:47

joyce1938 wrote:Hi badboy,you have done what you felt was right,and that is good thing .  you may have improves some ,but maybe not enough for them to mess about with the amount,as you may find your not as improved as you think and just wanting to get off benefits  and then that will be detrimental to your health to need to worry about it again. so I think most people would be glad to know benefits are there if one needs it ,its just that few who go over the top and take without thought and dishonest that will do anything to get what they want ,not need .joyce1938
I'm glad that I live in a country where women are not afraid to leave violent men because they couldn't afford to look after their children. I'm glad that disabled people do not have to be dependent on family or beg on the streets. For me, a society can be judged by how well it cares for those who are vulnerable.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 5 Sep - 15:13

IT IS SAID THAT BENEFIT FRAUD WILL BE UNDETECTABLE WHEN THE UNIVERSAL CREDIT SYSTEM IS INTRODUCED BECAUSE ONLY MANUEL CHECKS CAN BE DONE.
EXPECTED BENEFIT FRAUD TO INCREASE IN THE FUTURE.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 9 Sep - 0:40

SOME DAYS AGO DWP PUBLISHED LIST OF BIZARRE EXCUSES FOR BENEFIT FRAUD.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 9 Sep - 14:52

no 8 is the mother of all excuses,perhaps
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 17 Sep - 0:41

TEN YEARS FOR BENEFIT CHEATS,I BELIEVE WHEN I SEE IT
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 27 Oct - 15:12

IN USA,A PERSON WHO SAID THEY HAD SUCH PAIN THEY NEEDED INVALIDY BENEFFIT FROM US GOVERNMENT,MANAGED TO TOPPLE A ROCK FROM A ROCK TOWER,BY GOING FOR HELL FOR LEATHER PUTTING HIS SUPPOSEDLY PAINFULL BACK AGAINST ROCK,TOOK SOME EFFORT TO DO IT IN GOBLET STATE PARK IN SOUTHERN UTAH.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 18 Nov - 20:20

Benefit fraud is on the increase so there will be another Government initiative soon...

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next