Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCann case reopened?

+47
Lillyofthevalley
SteveT
comperedna
almostgothic
cass
Panda
MaryB
tanszi
Karen
mollydog
margaret
Hunger4Unger
marxman
tabs
T4two
kathybelle
mossman
tigger
welshy
Annabel
ShabbyTiger
Bobsy
bill516
Claudia79
Loopdaloop
Autumn
blossom45
jeanmonroe
NoStone
contrary
dazedandconfused
want the truth
Chris
gillyspot
chrissie1
flower
frencheuropean
jejune
matthew
interested
Wintabells
quickfingers
chrissie
wjk
Thistledown
maebee
dutchclogs
51 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

McCann case reopened? - Page 6 Empty Re: McCann case reopened?

Post  contrary Sat 10 Mar - 9:50

Do you think that something uncovered by Pat's recent visit to PDL prompted this development? Could she have unearthed the new evidence needed to reopen the case?
contrary
contrary
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 195
Warning :
McCann case reopened? - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCann case reopened? - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 10 Mar - 9:53

Iris wrote:Now Kate sometimes has a mouth like a fish. Especially when she does that "she moved on" thing. It's exactly like a trout with a hook in it.

Or even when she's miserable and reluctantly promoting a book.

McCann case reopened? - Page 6 Mccannsamsterdamde240611_thumb%25255B1%25255D

Gerry looks like he's been slapped in the face and on top of his head by a pair of these!

McCann case reopened? - Page 6 Antique_victorian_butter_pats_2967
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
McCann case reopened? - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCann case reopened? - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 10 Mar - 9:56

contrary wrote:Do you think that something uncovered by Pat's recent visit to PDL prompted this development? Could she have unearthed the new evidence needed to reopen the case?

It's certainly possible, but I think maybe a bit too quick? Not that it really matters what prompted it, the important thing is that it's happening.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 10 Mar - 10:02

He is facing a £1million libel suit from the McCanns after claiming in his book that he believed Madeleine, then three, died accidentally and her parents covered up her death.

Whats happened to "the beer swilling sardine muncher" disgraced cop,,, saying the mccanns murdered their child and hid her body, and this is coursing Gerry, Kate and the twins sleepless nights, terrible anxiety, its stopping anyone finding Maddy......I have a feeling things are on the turn, and the McCanns and their friends had better put their belts on tight as its going to be a rocky ride, the papers are smelling blood imo.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 10 Mar - 10:40

IMO the fact that a team of PJ detectives has been appointed to work together with Scotland Yard to 'review' the investigation is a de facto reopening of the case. Whether the case is officially reopened in the true sense of the word under Portuguese judicial practice or not is perhaps beside the point. It is no surprise that the parents' spokesman is spinning this as a 'review' which his clients hope will lead to a reopening of the case, but the reality is that this has only ever been about them and protecting their image. If Scotland Yard have now got the bit between their teeth, no amount of PR and spinning will divert them from their objective of solving the crime. Let's not forget that it was Paulo Rebelo who raised the issue of doing the reconstruction way back at the time of the rogatory interviews. He may well have been put in charge of the investigation with the purpose of having it shelved, but calling for a reconstruction was a master stroke and the refusal of the main protagonists to comply at that time has only delayed the inevitable. The rogatory interviews, faithfully recorded by Leicestershire Constabulary are also part of the timebomb.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Sat 10 Mar - 10:48

I think the sh*t will hit the fan BEFORE the Libel trial on the 8th and 9th April. Its all in the plan! just like Kate and Gerry asked, for that "one piece of the missing puzzle" so here it is!

Yes I believe they have uncovered some new evidence, whch will demand a recon - Lord and Lady Kate and their little servants are all "caught in the net" now! and I am having a field day, - in fact I cant sit still McCann case reopened? - Page 6 294124
Tick tock - tick tock!
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  ShabbyTiger Sat 10 Mar - 11:10

Karen wrote:I think the sh*t will hit the fan BEFORE the Libel trial on the 8th and 9th April. Its all in the plan! just like Kate and Gerry asked, for that "one piece of the missing puzzle" so here it is!

Yes I believe they have uncovered some new evidence, whch will demand a recon - Lord and Lady Kate and their little servants are all "caught in the net" now! and I am having a field day, - in fact I cant sit still McCann case reopened? - Page 6 294124
Tick tock - tick tock!

Great post, Karen! I'm trying not to get too optimistic, but this is great news. The difference this time is that the UK authorities are committed to this review and there will be no interference like last time (I hope!). SY will be able to get their hands on all the records that the PJ were denied in 2007. There's no Gordon Brown any more, no "call me Stu" any more.

Let's see how the reconstruction pans out. if there is to be one - and I think there will. Once that it done, and it's seen that their story is nonsense then hopefully things will really get moving. That is, unless someone spills the beans before then...
ShabbyTiger
ShabbyTiger
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

McCann case reopened? - Page 6 Empty 'Unshelving'or 're-opening'

Post  comperedna Sat 10 Mar - 11:16

T4two wrote:IMO the fact that a team of PJ detectives has been appointed to work together with Scotland Yard to 'review' the investigation is a de facto reopening of the case. Whether the case is officially reopened in the true sense of the word under Portuguese judicial practice or not is perhaps beside the point. It is no surprise that the parents' spokesman is spinning this as a 'review' which his clients hope will lead to a reopening of the case, but the reality is that this has only ever been about them and protecting their image. If Scotland Yard have now got the bit between their teeth, no amount of PR and spinning will divert them from their objective of solving the crime. Let's not forget that it was Paulo Rebelo who raised the issue of doing the reconstruction way back at the time of the rogatory interviews. He may well have been put in charge of the investigation with the purpose of having it shelved, but calling for a reconstruction was a master stroke and the refusal of the main protagonists to comply at that time has only delayed the inevitable. The rogatory interviews, faithfully recorded by Leicestershire Constabulary are also part of the timebomb.

From comperedna... I agree with the above t42 (not sure how to do this quote function.)
As in the UK would have been the case, so in Portugal, I don't think the case was ever 'closed' anyway... just put on hold, or 'shelved', for lack of enough evidence that would stand up in court, and because with what they had got they couldn't take it any further. Can't remember the exact words he used but it was John Yates who said that for the police 'evidence' means just that... evidence that will stand up in court. No way in the UK would a case of a missing child, possibly dead in accidental or suspicious circumstance ever be 'closed'. It would merely become a 'cold' case maybe to be reviewed later. New evidence could crop up at any time.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Sat 10 Mar - 11:16

' fresh, SPECIFIC information'

Maybe one of the T10 (T9 + JW) has done 'an ADRIAN PROUT' (FOUR years after killing his wife he ADMITS to killing her)

GUILT will do that............. eventually

Also, they had 40 days in which to argue that the case should NOT be shelved but DID NOT demand it was NOT.
Believe me, THEY do NOT want the case RE-OPENED as they would all be 'suspects' again and legitimately be able to be recalled for questioning.

Last edited by jeanmonroe on Sat 10 Mar - 11:25; edited 1 time in total
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 10 Mar - 11:23

jeanmonroe wrote:' fresh, SPECIFIC information'

Maybe one of the T10 (T9 + JW) has done 'an ADRIAN PROUT' (FOUR years after killing his wife he ADMITS to killing her)

I think the McCanns' lawyer is just making what he thinks is an educated guess about why the case could be reopened.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sat 10 Mar - 11:24

contrary wrote:Do you think that something uncovered by Pat's recent visit to PDL prompted this development? Could she have unearthed the new evidence needed to reopen the case?

Quite possibly Contrary. I wonder if Amaral pointed PAt in the direction of evidence he knew about but did not have chance to brrring frward before he was pulled from th case.

I also wonder if SY have analysed the evidence thy took from Mondeo 3 and concluded that most of the sightings cme from a very narrow band of people!? That would be a very big red flaag to suggest there was organised distraction - distraction of police resources and from the truth. That would be new evidence. Did not the PJ complain that Gerry was feeding them with too much info on sightings and distracting them from the investigtion as they saw it? Just a thought!!
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  ShabbyTiger Sat 10 Mar - 11:26

Yes perhaps you're right, Jean. Perhaps they all thought that this was "just going to go away" and they could get on with their lives. That knock on the door could come tomorrow, or it could come in 5 years, or 10 years or 20 years. I certainly wouldn't want to live with that sword of Damocles hanging over me, and maybe now someone will do the right thing and come forward.
ShabbyTiger
ShabbyTiger
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 10 Mar - 11:36

ShabbyTiger wrote:

Yes perhaps you're right, Jean. Perhaps they all thought that this was "just going to go away" and they could get on with their lives. That knock on the door could come tomorrow, or it could come in 5 years, or 10 years or 20 years. I certainly wouldn't want to live with that sword of Damocles hanging over me, and maybe now someone will do the right thing and come forward.

I tend to think that Jane Tanner's intention was to help a friend out of a sticky situation. The shutters were probably supposed to have been 'jemmied,' but that didn't happen because Wilkins came along.

Kate goes to do her check and all hell breaks loose, but the plan has been interrupted. What now? In jumps Jane and tells them she saw a man carrying a bundle, but the timing is wrong, so it is added to the timeline at an appropriate moment and Jane goes along with it. The whole thing just barrels along and she is dragged with it. "OK, Jane, the bundle you saw was a child and it was at this time. None of us checked on our children properly, so we've all got to help." Jane Tanner is the one to come forward and the best time would be before a recon shows that she could not possibly have flip-flopped past Gerry and Wilkins with neither seeing her and she could not have seen pink pyjamas, in the street lights, at that distance and because of the style of the pyjamas.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Sat 10 Mar - 11:36

Anyway all this 'we hope the case is re-opened' is BS!
THEY could have requested, at ANY time over the last YEARS, the case be re-opened by writing to the Portuguese authorities.
As Amaral said ' it would only cost them the price of a stamp'
Perhaps, the now MILLIONAIRES, couldn't/can't afford a stamp!

ETA:
They shouldn't be HOPING it might lead to the case being re-opened THEY should be DEMANDING that the case IS re-opened unless, of course............they DON'T want it re-opened for some strange reason.
Can't possibly think what/why they wouldn't demand it re-opened but, there again, she's not my child.
Also possibly the financially supported by the 'fund' 'wider family members' could be questioned.

Last edited by jeanmonroe on Sat 10 Mar - 11:50; edited 2 times in total
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  blossom45 Sat 10 Mar - 11:41

McCann case reopened? - Page 6 306321 good morning all,
having read comments in the daily mail re. the amount of money being spent,
that nothing like this amount is spent on all missing children...
the thought occured to me that there is a very good reason.
most missing children investigations come to a dead end...no evidence whatsoeaver.
with the mccann case there is evidence but it is going to take a lot of hard graft to bring them to court,
the money is being allocated because the establishment cannot bear to see the mccanns go scot free.
newspaper editors have been issued with notices not to compromise the forthcoming trial by publishing negative articles.
i think i've put it into words,the way i'm thinking it.
blossom45
blossom45
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 922
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 10 Mar - 11:59

blossom45 wrote: McCann case reopened? - Page 6 306321 good morning all,
most missing children investigations come to a dead end...no evidence whatsoeaver.
with the mccann case there is evidence but it is going to take a lot of hard graft to bring them to court,
the money is being allocated because the establishment cannot bear to see the mccanns go scot free.
newspaper editors have been issued with notices not to compromise the forthcoming trial by publishing negative articles.

I think you raise an important point here. It possibly goes even further than that. There is also a principle involved here and that is, that the use of millions of pounds to conduct a PR campaign of disseminating false information for the purpose of sabotaging a police investigation and to hire expensive lawyers to silence legitimate public concerns, should not become a precedent for others to follow.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sat 10 Mar - 12:12

jeanmonroe wrote:Anyway all this 'we hope the case is re-opened' is BS!
THEY could have requested, at ANY time over the last YEARS, the case be re-opened by writing to the Portuguese authorities.

ETA:
They shouldn't be HOPING it might lead to the case being re-opened THEY should be DEMANDING that the case IS re-opened unless, of course............they DON'T want it re-opened for some strange reason.
Can't possibly think what/why they wouldn't demand it re-opened but, there again, she's not my child.
Also possibly the financially supported by the 'fund' 'wider family members' could be questioned.

Hello Jeanmonroe, the McCanns have never wanted the case reopening, because they were the ones who requested the case was closed. Open the link below and scroll down the right side of the page, where you will see an article written by Goncalo Amaral, that says the McCanns archived the case. One has to wonder why the McCanns wanted the case archived.

http://www.gerrymcann-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.com/

I'm also wondering if Pat Brown's recent visit to the Algarve has had any impact on these recent developments. Whatever caused these recent developments, in my opinion, can only be good news for Goncalo Amaral. He has been to hell and back, because of the McCanns.

Also if the recent developments, lead to the ones who were involved in Madeleine's disappearance, being brought to justice, then if Madeleine has passed on, she will be able to rest in peace. I would love to think Madeleine is living with people who are loving and caring towards her, but unfortunately, I believe she died in the McCanns holiday apartment. Hopefully I am wrong.

Last edited by kathybelle on Sat 10 Mar - 12:19; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Amending the link, because it wouldn't open)
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Sat 10 Mar - 13:14

T4two wrote:
blossom45 wrote: McCann case reopened? - Page 6 306321 good morning all,

I think you raise an important point here. It possibly goes even further than that. There is also a principle involved here and that is, that the use of millions of pounds to conduct a PR campaign of disseminating false information for the purpose of sabotaging a police investigation and to hire expensive lawyers to silence legitimate public concerns, should not become a precedent for others to follow.

I agree wholeheartedly with you both, we've already had one in Karen Matthews, the charade has to stop.

Not to mention the kudos for David Cameron when he will be seen as the catalyst behind getting the biggest scam artists this century banged to rights, and the egg on the face for Tony Blair and Gordon Brown.

I shudder to think if a Tory Government hadn't come in we'd still have Labour spinning and doing their best to cover up the faux pas of the previous leaders.......
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 10 Mar - 13:15

Well I hope Cameron intervened on the merits of the issue alone ...................... but somehow I doubt it!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Sat 10 Mar - 13:35

kathybelle wrote:

ETA:

Hello Jeanmonroe, the McCanns have never wanted the case reopening, because they were the ones who requested the case was closed. Open the link below and scroll down the right side of the page, where you will see an article written by Goncalo Amaral, that says the McCanns archived the case. One has to wonder why the McCanns wanted the case archived.

I'm also wondering if Pat Brown's recent visit to the Algarve has had any impact on these recent developments. Whatever caused these recent developments, in my opinion, can only be good news for Goncalo Amaral. He has been to hell and back, because of the McCanns.

Also if the recent developments, lead to the ones who were involved in Madeleine's disappearance, being brought to justice, then if Madeleine has passed on, she will be able to rest in peace. I would love to think Madeleine is living with people who are loving and caring towards her, but unfortunately, I believe she died in the McCanns holiday apartment. Hopefully I am wrong.

Kathybelle, I read somewhere on here that Clarence reported that they wanted the case archived so they could set up their own Private Investigators as 'no police force was actively searching'. Is there a link to him saying this?
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sat 10 Mar - 14:03

Autumn wrote:
kathybelle wrote:

ETA:

Kathybelle, I read somewhere on here that Clarence reported that they wanted the case archived so they could set up their own Private Investigators as 'no police force was actively searching'. Is there a link to him saying this?

Hello Autumn, I'll search the 'net to see if I can find Clarence's quote. However I also read on the 'net, that when the McCanns requested the files, they were told that the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance would cease. The McCanns accepted that fact and said they would use their own private detectives.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, Dave Edgar was complaining to the media, that he was passing leads on to the PJ and they weren't following up these leads. Edgar must have known that the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance had ceased, so why was he passing the leads on to the PJ. He was being paid out of the fund to investigate Madeleine's disappearance, so he and his team, should have been the one to follow up those leads.

The McCanns were also complaining, that no force was actively looking for Madeleine, knowing full well that they had instigated the closure of the investigation. I know nothing about Portuguese law, but I'm wondering why the McCanns were given those files, because although they had been released from their arguido status, they were only released because there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute them. At least that is what I have been lead to believe. Also because the PJ are holding on to some of the files, why did the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance have to cease? The files the PJ were holding on to and copies, which eventually found their way into the Leicestershire Police Force's hands, are the files the McCanns desparately needed.

The McCanns tried to get the court to force L.P. to hand over those files and the court refused.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Sat 10 Mar - 14:12

http://mariacpois.blogspot.com/

checking data telephone.
PJ inspectors have been several times in recent months in the Algarve to work in secret, in the Maddie case. A review of all elements of the case has passed the data verification telephone.

10:13 - 10.03.2012

http://www.abola.pt/mundos/ver.aspx?id=320177

http://www.tvi.iol.pt/noticia/sociedade/cm-quiosque/1331899-4071.html
Disciplinary proceedings

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sat 10 Mar - 14:18

Iris wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:This is the image the Daily Star chose for their article!

McCann case reopened? - Page 6 239794_1

ABOVE: Kate and Gerry McCann are pleased the inquiry has been reopened into the disappearance of Maddie

Look, there's even a set of prison bars right behind them

PLease will someone post the original picture!!!!!!!!! The Daily Star obviously posted the previous one as a dig! but now its change to maddie!
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 10 Mar - 14:56

The review has been going on for a year.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 10 Mar - 15:12

Claudia79 wrote:

The review has been going on for a year.

Justice works in silence! McCann case reopened? - Page 6 307691
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next