Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCann case reopened?

+47
Lillyofthevalley
SteveT
comperedna
almostgothic
cass
Panda
MaryB
tanszi
Karen
mollydog
margaret
Hunger4Unger
marxman
tabs
T4two
kathybelle
mossman
tigger
welshy
Annabel
ShabbyTiger
Bobsy
bill516
Claudia79
Loopdaloop
Autumn
blossom45
jeanmonroe
NoStone
contrary
dazedandconfused
want the truth
Chris
gillyspot
chrissie1
flower
frencheuropean
jejune
matthew
interested
Wintabells
quickfingers
chrissie
wjk
Thistledown
maebee
dutchclogs
51 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

McCann case reopened? - Page 8 Empty Re: McCann case reopened?

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 10 Mar - 20:26

Annabel wrote:Twitter:

Piers Morgan ‏ @PearsMorganCNN

Rumor has it that #mccann 's to be interviewed under caution.

http://twitter.com/#!/PearsMorganCNN

Is this the genuine Piers Morgan? named Pears Morgan doesn't sound like it does it.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
McCann case reopened? - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCann case reopened? - Page 8 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sat 10 Mar - 20:32

Bobsy wrote:I am most heartened to read of this latest development. May I ask though that we spare a thought for the children of this group. It is the weekend, no school, with maybe some sort of enjoyable stuff being anticipated, and now it is very likely that there are sets of parents who are living on a knives edge and the atmosphere in the homes of the children, even as far as grandparents must very difficult for such young children.

bobsy, your post is thoughtful and i agree with the sentiment. however, if i were one of those parents what would be foremost in my mind is the fact that my children are getting older, and will soon happily access the internet on their own, as will their friends. who knows where they will wander and what they will read.

perhaps it is better to get this into the open, deal with the consequences and move forward, however that may be. i would hate to think my children could log onto the internet and read these questions about me, questions and more questions, people laughing at my explanation at what happened that night. my children looking at me wondering.

surely one of these tapas people have a friend who will urge them to go forward and tell the truth.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
McCann case reopened? - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCann case reopened? - Page 8 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Sat 10 Mar - 20:50

mossman wrote:
Bobsy wrote:I am most heartened to read of this latest development. May I ask though that we spare a thought for the children of this group. It is the weekend, no school, with maybe some sort of enjoyable stuff being anticipated, and now it is very likely that there are sets of parents who are living on a knives edge and the atmosphere in the homes of the children, even as far as grandparents must very difficult for such young children.

bobsy, your post is thoughtful and i agree with the sentiment. however, if i were one of those parents what would be foremost in my mind is the fact that my children are getting older, and will soon happily access the internet on their own, as will their friends. who knows where they will wander and what they will read.

perhaps it is better to get this into the open, deal with the consequences and move forward, however that may be. i would hate to think my children could log onto the internet and read these questions about me, questions and more questions, people laughing at my explanation at what happened that night. my children looking at me wondering.

surely one of these tapas people have a friend who will urge them to go forward and tell the truth.

I agree with you both, you can get lenience in a sentence for coming clean - but lMO once SY get them all in they'll all be rushing to rat on Kate and Gerry - it's either that or go down with them.

Bobsy you're right to worry about the kids though, all the kids of the tapas lot have no doubt had to suffer atmospheres at home, or other kids saying things to them at school and it's heartbreaking they will have had to - and will - suffer from the crimes of their parents. I hope SY are monitoring the Mcs because it could have been a stressful situation that got them into this. McCann case reopened? - Page 8 389741
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sun 11 Mar - 9:14

In part of a previous post, I said it's thanks to the thousands of people on forums, that this case has remained active. What I also should have said was, a huge thank you to the people who set up the Missing Madeleine forum, along with Jill Havern's forum, Joana Morais's forum, and other forums and message boards on the internet. Without these people, we wouldn't have been able to express our views. McCann case reopened? - Page 8 83453 & ((((hugs))))
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sun 11 Mar - 10:40

ok here goes . 15 out of 19 markers the dna test , it wasnt enough for a conviction in portugal but can they use this in the uk , if sy and pj are working together and the pj feel that they arnt gonna get shafted by the uk again . wouldnt you want this to end once and for all , could the uk try and bring a conviction . ? because 15 out of 19 markers is enough in other countries ?
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sun 11 Mar - 11:11

cass wrote:ok here goes . 15 out of 19 markers the dna test , it wasnt enough for a conviction in portugal but can they use this in the uk , if sy and pj are working together and the pj feel that they arnt gonna get shafted by the uk again . wouldnt you want this to end once and for all , could the uk try and bring a conviction . ? because 15 out of 19 markers is enough in other countries ?

There is no reason whatsoever why both authorities should not confer and agree the best course of action based on the evidence they have and the likelihood of obtaining a conviction, but a conviction for what? This is the question that can be answered when the case has been solved and the whole story is known. But if the suspects remain silent and the police have sufficient evidence to prove that there was no abduction and that the child is dead then as far as the UK is concerned past cases indicate that they assume the worst and bring a prosecution for murder. Finding a body is not a prerequisite
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Sun 11 Mar - 11:20

cass wrote:ok here goes . 15 out of 19 markers the dna test , it wasnt enough for a conviction in portugal but can they use this in the uk , if sy and pj are working together and the pj feel that they arnt gonna get shafted by the uk again . wouldnt you want this to end once and for all , could the uk try and bring a conviction . ? because 15 out of 19 markers is enough in other countries ?

If Maddie can be proven to be dead from text messages, emails or another method then the fund based in this country is fraudulent and charges could be bought here for that alone. That would give them a long enough sentence but it seems the Portuguese and UK are working well together so l bet they have it all sorted already somehow....
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tabs Sun 11 Mar - 13:07

i'm trying to remain cautious

lord knows how many times we have had our hopes raised in the last 5 years only to have them dashed

but I don't know this feels different

fingers crossed and will wait and see but very encouraging so far
tabs
tabs
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sun 11 Mar - 13:39

i am tabs McCann case reopened? - Page 8 25346 if and i say if the dna or whatever was taken from the hired car after mdeline went missing has markers enough for a conviction . same with all the others from the appartment , but is a case of who dunnit suppose
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Sun 11 Mar - 13:48

margaret wrote:

If Maddie can be proven to be dead from text messages, emails or another method then the fund based in this country is fraudulent and charges could be bought here for that alone. That would give them a long enough sentence but it seems the Portuguese and UK are working well together so l bet they have it all sorted already somehow....

I'm feeling quite upbeat regarding the latest news
of the ongoing joint investigation. Just like the anology
used by team mccann when they described the 'butterfly'
landing on Kate's shoulder whilst on her Pope tour.
I believe that just like catching butterflies if you stand
still and don't move, the little creator will land.
Therefore, maybe, after 5 years, a damning but simple
piece of evidence has landed and has provided enough
proof to unravel this whole scam and open a runway
to prosecute all the culprits and resolve this case once
and for all. The costs and finances thrown at this, also
indicate that justice is landing and truth will prevail.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sun 11 Mar - 14:28

marksman i must say i do feel more possative too atm McCann case reopened? - Page 8 25346
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunger4Unger Mon 12 Mar - 10:00

Yep i'm finding these recent developments very exciting.
The news that they are going to speak to the Smith family again is incredible in my eyes.
The PJ investigating weeks before it's made public.
Phone messages being looked at.

Happy days indeed.
Hunger4Unger

Male
Number of posts : 16
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Mon 12 Mar - 10:26

Hi guys

I have abosultely no idea how the Yard work, but - can or would the Yard have a list of the deleted calls and can the sms be traced and read, can this be done without their knowledge?? (McCanns and T9) I know the call records were not allowed BUT can it be done without anyone knowing!
Help!! McCann case reopened? - Page 8 25346

I am a gardener so have no idea in this regard,
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 12 Mar - 10:59

Hunger4Unger wrote:Yep i'm finding these recent developments very exciting.
The news that they are going to speak to the Smith family again is incredible in my eyes.
The PJ investigating weeks before it's made public.
Phone messages being looked at.

Happy days indeed.

Haven't seen that bit of news, was it one of the Sunday papers yesterday?
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunger4Unger Mon 12 Mar - 12:12

Yep was in one of them
Hunger4Unger

Male
Number of posts : 16
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 12 Mar - 12:50

that probably means they have already been spoken to then. i doubt the review team will give a path to the door of people they want to speak to. jimo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 12 Mar - 12:57

Karen wrote:Hi guys

I have abosultely no idea how the Yard work, but - can or would the Yard have a list of the deleted calls and can the sms be traced and read, can this be done without their knowledge?? (McCanns and T9) I know the call records were not allowed BUT can it be done without anyone knowing!
Help!! McCann case reopened? - Page 8 25346

I am a gardener so have no idea in this regard,

Your mobile phone provider could account for everything your phone has ever done, it wouldn't have a recording of the calls made (unless there was a 'tap' on the phone) but it would know what other numbers were called and all records of all text messages.

Phone companies can approach things from the opposite ends too - looking at things from a single mobile mast, what phone numbers have logged onto (pinged) that mast either as the phone itself travelled in that vicinity or made a text/call routed via that mast.

I've always worried that some money may have found its way to whoosh clunk any phone records at HQ.... but then again back-ups would have been made regularly of data so the police will find it.

Did the PJ long ago say they had phone info from Portugal but a judge ruled it inadmissable? The evidence is probably already there.

margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Mon 12 Mar - 13:03

Im starting to wonder if the reason we had the McCanns last year demanding the case be reviewed, sending the "Cameron Letter"....

Was it because they new that the PJ were on with further evidence and a possible re-opening of the case, were the PJ going to ask SY for help, so were they advised to "ask" Cameron/May to do something, we never got to find out what was in Mays replied letter it was never printed in the UK papers only Cameron's reply .....People said last year, why would they ask for the case to be reviewed if they where guilty of anything.................. simple it does what it says on the tin.

Makes them look innocent, because "normal" guilty people wouldn't ask for the case to be opened would they.

Did the PJ long ago say they had phone info from Portugal but a judge ruled it inadmissable? The evidence is probably already there.

Yes they did margaret, but that was back in 2007/8, times are different now I bet if SY/PJ wanted that info now and needed to use it they would be able too.

Last edited by Lillyofthevalley on Mon 12 Mar - 13:06; edited 1 time in total
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 12 Mar - 13:06

Yes their phones were tapped even though some calls between Gerry and Kate had been deleted. The Portugese Prosecutor went to a Judge to ask
if they could be used in a Trial but the Judge said they were "too intrusive" and refused. That evidence must be in the shelved files and I would think
it would be quite revealing for the Prosecutor to want to go to Trial.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 12 Mar - 13:07

Lillyofthevalley wrote:Im starting to wonder if the reason we had the McCanns last year demanding the case be reviewed, sending the "Cameron Letter"....

Was it because they knew that the PJ were on with further evidence and a possible re-opening of the case, were the PJ going to ask SY for help, so were they advised to "ask" Cameron/May to do something, we never got to find out what was in Mays replied letter it was never printed in the UK papers only Cameron's reply .....People said last year, why would they ask for the case to be reviewed if they where guilty of anything.................. simple it does what it says on the tin.

Makes them look innocent, because "normal" guilty people wouldn't ask for the case to be opened would they.

I think so. I think this started with Halligen and they knew the clock was ticking, but they'll spin to the end.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Mon 12 Mar - 13:09

lilly before kates beeewk was in the shops they knew sy and the pj that kate would slate them . then the sun having kates book on front page every day , then to link dc and the loss of his son omg home goal mcanns , no imo the work was well underway before the book and the shit throwing by the mcanns - they wanted them shut up fund stopped , well in stopped i mean if sy say we will pay for a review how many grannys are gonna send their pensions , and school kids send their pocket money ? its put up and shut up time now
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 12 Mar - 13:43

cass wrote:lilly before kates beeewk was in the shops they knew sy and the pj that kate would slate them . then the sun having kates book on front page every day , then to link dc and the loss of his son omg home goal mcanns , no imo the work was well underway before the book and the shit throwing by the mcanns - they wanted them shut up fund stopped , well in stopped i mean if sy say we will pay for a review how many grannys are gonna send their pensions , and school kids send their pocket money ? its put up and shut up time now

Hi cass,

I remember Clarence saying the Fund was running low before Kate published her Book and asking for donations.With SY having their honour severely dented now, I think the crew sent to PDL will work twice as hard to leave 'No Stone Unturned' in their review , determined to get a result , the PJ will
be most co-operative knowing when this review is completed they can close the case with a sigh of relief and hope they never see the McCanns again.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

McCann case reopened? - Page 8 Empty mcCann case re opened

Post  mollydog Mon 12 Mar - 14:16

Realy interesting Thread.I wonder also-didnt GA say he had other evidence "up his sleeve".. just a thought,long time ago..but ever hopefull.
mollydog
mollydog
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 64
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Mon 12 Mar - 14:25

Panda wrote:
cass wrote:lilly before kates beeewk was in the shops they knew sy and the pj that kate would slate them . then the sun having kates book on front page every day , then to link dc and the loss of his son omg home goal mcanns , no imo the work was well underway before the book and the shit throwing by the mcanns - they wanted them shut up fund stopped , well in stopped i mean if sy say we will pay for a review how many grannys are gonna send their pensions , and school kids send their pocket money ? its put up and shut up time now

Hi cass,

I remember Clarence saying the Fund was running low before Kate published her Book and asking for donations.With SY having their honour severely dented now, I think the crew sent to PDL will work twice as hard to leave 'No Stone Unturned' in their review , determined to get a result , the PJ will
be most co-operative knowing when this review is completed they can close the case with a sigh of relief and hope they never see the McCanns again.
McCann case reopened? - Page 8 306321 panda i think that the pj and sy will want this case solved if they can . uk police have been slated pj have and there are so many victims in this case . the mcanns needed stopping and this imo is a good way to start . i have always said their greed will catch up with them . oh and the fact they think they are the untouchables . tefal crew
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 12 Mar - 15:41

Hi Cass, glad you enjoyed the video....Iv'e watched it about half a dozen times. can you imagine how long it took to get that routine perfect. Have you seen the Chinese State Circus one , Swan Lake?....Brilliant.

Anyway, back to business, I.m sure the shelved files will have been opened and pored over by SY and the new Specialist Oporto team.If a Report at
the end just says there was no evidence of Portugese Police handling of the case and they followed up every lead I shall be very disappointed . Even
if they find no evidence of the McCanns involvment in Madeleine's disappearance, they should include their lack of appreciation for the help they were receiving and their opinion that the recon was not worth attending.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next