Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

+30
NoStone
MaryB
Keela
wjk
tanszi
dazedandconfused
kathybelle
Angelique
dutchclogs
Badboy
AnnaEsse
Oldartform
Loopdaloop
malena stool
cherry1
Bobsy
interested
Autumn
comperedna
cass
almostgothic
Fern
matthew
jd16
pennylane
Annabel
jay2001
gillyspot
Wintabells
flower
34 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 Empty Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  Wintabells Sun 8 Apr - 3:46

they are looking forward to the completion of the review.

Why? What's there to look forward to if it doesn't bring their daughter back alive?

Surely they'd be terrified that even after all that money and manpower has been focussed on the case, they're still not one inch closer to having their child back.

'Looking forward to the completion of the review' indeed ... it's not like they're awaiting completion of a loft conversion.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :
Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 Empty Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  dutchclogs Sun 8 Apr - 4:56

almostgothic wrote:"She thanks the police ..."
(through gritted teeth)

"... and talks about her hope for the future."
(the hope that all those suitcases will fit into that canoe she's just bought)
Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 23324 Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 23324
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :
Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sun 8 Apr - 8:32

Thimplies that they know what the leads are now!!

“The Met have put a lot of resources into the review and they want a result. It is a decision for the Portuguese authorities to reopen the case but when they see the report from the Met there will more than enough reasons to launch a new investigation.

If they know what the leads are now why not get on and investigate them now - with or without the PJ? Or is it because the leads are not finished yet? They need some more work doing to them to make them remotely credible? The paint not yet dry!???

What a load of bunkum we are being fed yet again - if here was a good lead you would be onto it like a flash - afterall - if Madeleine's was still alive, her life might be put in danger if the 'abducors' (ha ha!) thought the cops were onto them.

Bunkum bunkum bunkum!!!!
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Sun 8 Apr - 13:46

Panda wrote:
Oldartform wrote:
Panda wrote:I am really getting angry now that the greedy money grabbing pair are the lowest of the low. Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 816281 Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 816281

How can they possibly claim the money from the Sale of this "Epilogue" will be used to fund the search for Madeleine when we all know no one is searching.

Have the Detectives been selling info to them that they feel so strongly the case will be re-opened?

So the first book sold 280,000 copies, at £10 a copy how much do you think they will have received?

I thought an epilogue was an endgame, does that mean they will not write another book or that they will close the fund when they have made
enough money to sail off into the sunset to some foreign clime.? I hope they don't sell any and they certainly havn't enough news to fill another 384
pages.

Agree it can`t possibly be an Epilogue - the case hasn`t even been solved. Maybe she intends to do an annual review of their lives, or even a monthly magazine Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 294124

Oh please Oldartform, don't even joke about such a thought that we will be subjected to any more of this b****hit from Kate, does she really think we
were all born yesterday? I hope they leave Britain with their ill gotten gains and go to live in some Country where they have never heard of Madeleine ,
poor child, she didn't deserve these two for Parents, any other couple and she would be alive. How much do you think they made on the first Book.
£2,800,000 is a lot of money...I presume out of the £10, the advance would have to be paid plus distribution costs, would that he right.

Hi Panda - sorry about that but sometimes my anger turns to sarcasm and cynicism. Their pomposity opens them up to ridicule and its far healthier for me than getting angry.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 8 Apr - 14:04

O.K. Oldartform.....I forgive you. Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 294124

This reminds me of the King's New Clothes........are we the only ones who see the McCanns naked lies???? Just what is it going to take to blow their
house down ??? Not finding Madeleine alive and well, not learning that they have been honest from day 1 and everyone else has been lying., not
waiting for one of them to crack and plead guilty of concealing Madeleine's body....I give up.!!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 Empty You can fool some of the people but thankfully not all of them

Post  Guest Sun 8 Apr - 15:03

I too think that the McCann case is a modern version of the Emperor's New Clothes. With acknowledgement to the Jill Havern site, here is Tony Bennett's version.

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t1759-the-emperor-s-new-clothes-the-old-hans-christian-anderson-tale-reworked?highlight=emperor
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sun 8 Apr - 15:36

I can hope and I think - there is no abductor (no evidence of one at least) so WHAT can SY find to back up the couple McCanns' story? Nothing. - The best that K & G can hope for is SY doing a PJ & shelving the case. If so then the "bumbling" Met Police did no more than "bumbling" PJ. - How will UK media spin this?
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Sun 8 Apr - 18:16

They've been on this review for the best part of 12 months now and as far as we know not yet interviewed the main players. What the hell are they doing? Are they whitewashing it so it's watertight or will we eventually really have some proper investigative, thorough police work.

I'm sick of the way this country is going down hill with corrupt, greedy MP's, racist coppers and lying PR guru's. I'm old enought to remember a much better time. Rose tinted maybe! And Oldartform took me back to my pre-school days when my gran looked after me and she loved Mrs Dale's Diary and Workers Playtime. Happy days!
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 8 Apr - 18:27

jay2001 wrote:They've been on this review for the best part of 12 months now and as far as we know not yet interviewed the main players. What the hell are they doing? Are they whitewashing it so it's watertight or will we eventually really have some proper investigative, thorough police work.

I'm sick of the way this country is going down hill with corrupt, greedy MP's, racist coppers and lying PR guru's. I'm old enought to remember a much better time. Rose tinted maybe! And Oldartform took me back to my pre-school days when my gran looked after me and she loved Mrs Dale's Diary and Workers Playtime. Happy days!

I remember when I stayed at my grandmother's house. She used to listen to the "Home Service," on her old wireless. There was Mrs Dale's Diary, Sing Something Simple, Desert Island Discs as well as plays.

I also recall, though, when a young girl disappeared just round the corner from my grandmother's house. There was a man who was living opposite the police station, who had a record of child abuse, but he was never taken in for questioning. Years later, an acquaintance of that man wrote a letter naming top local officials and police officers as being part of a paedophile ring. That letter has not been made public, in spite of numerous FOI requests. So, it wasn't all rosy back then, with friendly bobbies on the beat.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 8 Apr - 19:30

I'm off in a reverie now ...... Music While You Work, early Archers episodes (there's still a place in my heart for Walter Gabriel), Listen With Mother ("Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin." - nowadays they'd probably call it Listen With Your Designated Care Giver), a Golden Age of comedy, superb drama.

I can actually remember the first ever radio broadcast (in 1954) of Dylan Thomas's Under Milk Wood with Richard Burton.
Wireless listeners in those days, I reckon, were especially blessed.

But yes, I can still recall reading 'orrible murder headlines in my Dad's daily rag and adults whispering behind their hands about children being 'interfered with'.
Every decade has had its dark side ......
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Sun 8 Apr - 19:49

almostgothic wrote:I'm off in a reverie now ...... Music While You Work, early Archers episodes (there's still a place in my heart for Walter Gabriel), Listen With Mother ("Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin." - nowadays they'd probably call it Listen With Your Designated Care Giver), a Golden Age of comedy, superb drama.

I can actually remember the first ever radio broadcast (in 1954) of Dylan Thomas's Under Milk Wood with Richard Burton.
Wireless listeners in those days, I reckon, were especially blessed.

But yes, I can still recall reading 'orrible murder headlines in my Dad's daily rag and adults whispering behind their hands about children being 'interfered with'.
Every decade has had its dark side ......
And your grandmother and aunts going through the whispered, with much raising of eyebrows, at a lady's condition ie pregnancy. And coming home from school on monday and the smell of steam and soap as it was washday, regardless of the weather, with a rice pudding in the oven for tea.
And the only mention of GAP was the space between the flags that I avoided for good look, and MONSOON was what we learned about in geography.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Sun 8 Apr - 19:58

oooo ....errrr - all showing our age then Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 294124

Yes, the kiddie fiddlers and murderers were definitely about - a couple of different times blokes tried to get me in their cars as I walked home from school and we had a real weirdo down the road but I won`t descibe on here what he used to do in front of the children ! My Dad`s stint at jury service was harrowing for him as it was a convicted murderer of children that escaped and murdered two more.

Getting back on subject - if SY are really keeping the McCanns informed of progress, surely this is a blatant perversion of justice? I just don`t believe SY would be that imbecilic, to pass on details of an investigation to the prime suspects - unless they are feeding TM twaddle in order not to raise suspicion?

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Sun 8 Apr - 20:25

Definitely some of us showing our age! Perhaps we do have a rose coloured tint on those days when we were innocent, naive children. There has always been kiddie fiddlers, murderers and I suppose we were sheltered by not having 24/7 rolling news like today. I just hoping SY have enough coppers with integrity that will not allow this case to be whitewashed and not kowtow to the likes of slick PR machines that rule our press nowadays.

The trip down memory lane has revoked memories of Educating Archie, Dick Barton, Family Favourites, Billy Cotton's Bandshow and loads more. I also remember my Dad stopping the Empire News on Sunday when it was merged with the News of the World because he didn't want me to read smut! Hells bells, don't know what he'd think about today's press.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 8 Apr - 20:27

We didn't used to treat police suspects like celebrities, though. Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 157799
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 8 Apr - 20:32

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I too think that the McCann case is a modern version of the Emperor's New Clothes. With acknowledgement to the Jill Havern site, here is Tony Bennett's version.

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t1759-the-emperor-s-new-clothes-the-old-hans-christian-anderson-tale-reworked?highlight=emperor

Hi NBY .....that's a coincidence, I am not a member of JH nor ever visit there, yet you unearth an Article from 20010, I think you ought to have a new
user name. Lesley Welch. Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 307691
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 8 Apr - 20:33

Iris wrote:We didn't used to treat police suspects like celebrities, though. Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 157799

Who would ever have thought that a couple of people who had left their 3 small children alone would be raised up as spokesmen for missing children?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 8 Apr - 20:35

Iris wrote:We didn't used to treat police suspects like celebrities, though. Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 157799

or reward them with millions of pounds for their crimes!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Sun 8 Apr - 20:53

POLITICIANS LINKED TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/POLITICIANS.htm
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 8 Apr - 20:55

AnnaEsse wrote:

Who would ever have thought that a couple of people who had left their 3 small children alone would be raised up as spokesmen for missing children?
I don't think the police, criminals and politicians were all members of the same club or peed in the same pot in the old days Anna.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 8 Apr - 21:11

malena stool wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

I don't think the police, criminals and politicians were all members of the same club or peed in the same pot in the old days Anna.

Hi malena,

The one I would single out for censure is Stuart Prior , he became much too friendly with the McCanns, Gerry called him Stu, Rachel Mapilly e-mailed
him asking what he thought of a recon and his reply was "I don't think it would serve a useful purpose". That is outrageous when he is supposed to be helping the PJ.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 8 Apr - 21:15

Annabel wrote:POLITICIANS LINKED TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE

I've come over decidedly queasy after scrolling through that marathon list.

Words fail me! Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 29204
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 8 Apr - 21:27

Panda wrote:
malena stool wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Hi malena,

The one I would single out for censure is Stuart Prior , he became much too friendly with the McCanns, Gerry called him Stu, Rachel Mapilly e-mailed
him asking what he thought of a recon and his reply was "I don't think it would serve a useful purpose". That is outrageous when he is supposed to be helping the PJ.
Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 306321 Panda, reading reports of his involvement and remarks made, suggests he was sent out there by LP as a blocker rather than give assistance and liaise with the PJ.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 8 Apr - 21:32

pennylane wrote:
Annabel wrote:POLITICIANS LINKED TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE

I've come over decidedly queasy after scrolling through that marathon list.

Words fail me! Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 29204
They all seem to be New Labour politicians or have Socialist tendencies..
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 8 Apr - 21:48

malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:
malena stool wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Hi malena,

Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 306321 Panda, reading reports of his involvement and remarks made, suggests he was sent out there by LP as a blocker rather than give assistance and liaise with the PJ.

Wasn't it LP who said Paiva could not attend a meeting or give evidence in PDL (something like that) because he was going to be on Holiday?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 8 Apr - 22:31

Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened. - Page 2 306321 Panda, I have no idea. I can't find any ref's to this in anything I have on the pc. I've Googled it and come up with nothing, perhaps someone else has info for you.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next