Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search for Madeleine costs tax payer £6,000 PER DAY

+21
fred
kitti
Lioned
fedrules
Chris
Panda
Lillyofthevalley
malena stool
Keela
mossman
LJC
dazedandconfused
T4two
AnnaEsse
interested
marxman
cass
the slave
wjk
tanszi
mara thon
25 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Search for Madeleine costs tax payer £6,000 PER DAY - Page 4 Empty Re: Search for Madeleine costs tax payer £6,000 PER DAY

Post  fedrules Tue 5 Jun - 11:20

A lot of money for a wild goose chase..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :
Search for Madeleine costs tax payer £6,000 PER DAY - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Search for Madeleine costs tax payer £6,000 PER DAY - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Search for Madeleine costs tax payer £6,000 PER DAY - Page 4 Empty Re: Search for Madeleine costs tax payer £6,000 PER DAY

Post  Guest Tue 5 Jun - 11:33

fedrules wrote:A lot of money for a wild goose chase..

It would be, but I see no reason to describe it as such right now: Lack of public knowledge does not mean worthwhile progress is not being made.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 5 Jun - 12:00

The End Is Nigh wrote:

It would be, but I see no reason to describe it as such right now: Lack of public knowledge does not mean worthwhile progress is not being made.

Andy Redwood has already hinted that Madeleine has been abducted, if that is the case and the review concludes the same, then the McCanns can't fail to be prosecuted, if the Portuguese law is upheld. After all they are the ones who admitted to the PJ and told the media, that they left their children, unsupervised for 4 nights before Madeleine disappeared and on the night she did disappear.

What the McCanns admitted to, was against the Portuguese law and because the McCanns say Madeleine disappeared, while she and her siblings were left unsupervised, their offence carries a jail sentence.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
Search for Madeleine costs tax payer £6,000 PER DAY - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Search for Madeleine costs tax payer £6,000 PER DAY - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 5 Jun - 12:41

I dont actually believe they are chasing anything otherwise i agree with your sentiments.They are certainly not looking to accuse the mccanns of anything there is absolutely nothing to be gained by that as far as the 'authorities' are concerned,indeed there would be a great deal lost in that event,the credibility of a considerable number of influential people for starters.
This was always going to be a political exersize,nothing more.SY have no jurisdiction anyway,does anyone really think the end result is going to be a recommendation by SY to prosecute the mccanns ? the Portuguese have already said they can't be bothered.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 5 Jun - 12:50

Lioned wrote:>>>> does anyone really think the end result is going to be a recommendation by SY to prosecute the mccanns ? the Portuguese have already said they can't be bothered.

Yes, I do: Not directly, but in liaison with the Portuguese (What People/Nations/Authorities say changes with events/circumstance so I set no store by the Portuguese position - that was then).

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 5 Jun - 13:26

Lioned wrote:

I dont actually believe they are chasing anything otherwise i agree with your sentiments.They are certainly not looking to accuse the mccanns of anything there is absolutely nothing to be gained by that as far as the 'authorities' are concerned,indeed there would be a great deal lost in that event,the credibility of a considerable number of influential people for starters.
This was always going to be a political exersize,nothing more.SY have no jurisdiction anyway,does anyone really think the end result is going to be a recommendation by SY to prosecute the mccanns ? the Portuguese have already said they can't be bothered.

It isn't a case of a recommendation by SY to prosecute the McCanns it is a case of the Portuguese law being upheld, because no matter what conclusion the review reaches, the Portuguese law has been broken by the McCanns.

When you state that the Portuguese cannot be bothered, do you mean the PJ? If you do and it is true what you state, the review should be halted immediately. The PJ are the leaders of this review, Scotland Yard are only assisting them and if the PJ cannot be bothered prosecuting any guilty party including the McCanns, when the review reaches it's conclusion, then the British Government has wasted taxpayers money on this useless excercise. Money that would have been put to better use helping the citizens of the UK.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who can see that whatever happened to Madeleine is down to the McCanns behaviour and the fact they broke the Portuguese law.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 5 Jun - 13:59

Yes it's just sad that the portuguese police didn't prosecute the mccanns for neglect BUT they knew the mccanns were involved in MORE than neglect or even knew neglect wasn't the issue and were heading to where the pj signed off on....she died in apt 5a and the parents didn't want to give up the cadaver.....it's a shame that the British police can't or won't proceed where the pj left off.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 5 Jun - 14:03

You can do as many reviews as you like in the UK, it doesn't make any difference and whether SY or the MET come to the abduction theory....you can't rewrite the outcome off what the pj came to not unless the NEW review team comes to the same conclusion as SY, which they won't.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Tue 5 Jun - 14:14

I can't see how this government can justify £6k per day if it's to be a whitewash. That's unforgiveable, but Cam's proved what a lousy judge of character he is. The parents of the year have been invited to number 10 mixing with people who openly make money out of missing children in the name of charity. IMO justice is a long way off. Sickening.

Still off to the Costa del Sol tomorrow so will keep eyes peeled. After all there's been sightings from Nerja down.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 5 Jun - 14:35

jay2001 wrote:I can't see how this government can justify £6k per day if it's to be a whitewash. That's unforgiveable, but Cam's proved what a lousy judge of character he is. The parents of the year have been invited to number 10 mixing with people who openly make money out of missing children in the name of charity. IMO justice is a long way off. Sickening.

Still off to the Costa del Sol tomorrow so will keep eyes peeled. After all there's been sightings from Nerja down.

Have a lovely time in the Costa del Sol, I have been to Spain on two occasions and both times I went to the Cost del Sol. I had a great time and went on some great trips.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 5 Jun - 15:03

jay2001 wrote:I can't see how this government can justify £6k per day if it's to be a whitewash. That's unforgiveable, but Cam's proved what a lousy judge of character he is. The parents of the year have been invited to number 10 mixing with people who openly make money out of missing children in the name of charity. IMO justice is a long way off. Sickening.

Hope you have bought your holiday pack Jay, photos, luggage labels, good quality wrist band etc Search for Madeleine costs tax payer £6,000 PER DAY - Page 4 306321
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Tue 5 Jun - 15:11

and Kate's book to read on the journey! Search for Madeleine costs tax payer £6,000 PER DAY - Page 4 424625
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Tue 5 Jun - 16:53

Kathybelle, Fred and Cherry1 - thanks for the tips! Am I too late for the labels? Perhaps if I just send money in a brown envelope it'll help! Don't know whether to pay SY or the fund.

Oh how cynical this case has made me - will try and find an internet cafe to update. A week without the net will be like cold turkey!
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 5 Jun - 16:55

cherry1 wrote:and Kate's book to read on the journey! Search for Madeleine costs tax payer £6,000 PER DAY - Page 4 424625

Along with some good quality Search for Madeleine costs tax payer £6,000 PER DAY - Page 4 477442 bags.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  squeaker Tue 5 Jun - 21:18

If it costs £6000 per day for a few years and they then miss what is blindingly obvious to the general public, well that'll be the end of SY, IMO.
squeaker
squeaker
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4