Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process

+25
MaryB
devonmum
almostgothic
cass
Me
kitti
dutchclogs
bill516
fred
tanszi
mossman
AnnaEsse
Chris
mahlersghost
tabs
Lillyofthevalley
wantthetruth
whatsupdoc
malena stool
Krisy22
weissnicht
interested
matthew
margaret
SteveT
29 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 2 Empty Re: Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process

Post  almostgothic Tue 29 Jan - 23:04

I guess we could all afford TWO QCs if we had been blagging other people's money for nearly six years.

If that doesn't make fund donors' jaws drop, I don't know what would ......
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 2 Empty Re: Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process

Post  kitti Tue 29 Jan - 23:09

Four top payed lawyers.....all for Tony lol.....they gotta be proud off themselves and all that money to jail a pensioner ....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 29 Jan - 23:15

Wonder how much 'retainer' the Mccanns paid carter ruck....it must be a lot if they have employed FOUR lawyers ...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 29 Jan - 23:19

kitti wrote:Wonder how much 'retainer' the Mccanns paid carter ruck....it must be a lot if they have employed FOUR lawyers ...

I guess the amount doesn't mean much to a couple who have gone through millions of other people's money.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Tue 29 Jan - 23:23

They are TERRIFIED........Justice Tugendhat has suggested that the 'stay' be 'lifted' so that Tonys application to revoke three of his undertakings can be heard. The effect would be to 'reactivate' the original libel claim made by the McCanns.The McCanns oppose it vigorously........The mccanns (or the ones behind them) know that Tony will absolutely nail them and cause them more damage then they could ever imagine, hence the bully tactics they are adopting now. This is all they have now, bully tactics
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 30 Jan - 9:28

Let's say the worst happens, and Tony gets sent down. (It could happen because technically speaking, he's guilty. That's not a judgement of mine on him personally. It is a fact.)

It will be in all the papers, accompanied by happy smiley pictures of the crowing McCanns.

And it's going to backfire on them, big time. They have next to zero public sympathy as it is. Tony will come out of this as the martyr. One small man against a QC and three other senior lawyers, with publicly donated money paying for it all.

It's going to end very, very badly for the McCanns no matter what Judge Tugendhat says.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 30 Jan - 9:36

Well said, Iris.

But I very much doubt he will be incarcerated, even though that is allowed under the Scale of Punishment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 30 Jan - 9:41

I wonder if any of this nonsense would be going on if Tony was built like the side of a barn, used language which would make Trooper K McCann blush and had simply told Barter-Muck to go forth and multiply when they first raised their ugly corporate head.

I rather suspect that they would have run for the hills.

I'm hoping for a David and Goliath battle here.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 30 Jan - 9:45

Carter-Duck (with whom nothing rhymes) have already incurred the wrath of the Court as the result of the sheer volume of paperwork served on Tony.

I rather think than any Judge worth his salt will be highly unsympathetic to the manner of Goliath's undertaking - this late serving of yet more papers and the battalion of uber-Lawyers isn't going to go down very well, methinks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  devonmum Wed 30 Jan - 10:25

They are going into massive overkill, brought in the big gun on what they say is a foregone conclusion?

They certainly are desperate
devonmum
devonmum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 185
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Wed 30 Jan - 10:37

people are having to tighten their belts -- there are a lot of people in the uk that have questioned the amount of money spent on this review -- the begging bowls have run dry or so we are told in the papers -- now tony is up against the most expensive lawyers money can buy -- would someone other than the lady and lord of rothley be afforded such expensive lawyers -- i think not -- there actions their greed their wanting to send a oap --sorry tony -- to jail and ruin ga as well has just shown the world what they are -- they can try and shut ga up and tony all they want -- but this circus was started by them -- the internet is a wonderful tool -- can the shut everone up ? they would like to -- can they stop the stares the grins in the street --no-- they can run all they want they can bleat all they want they can cry -- we have not hurt madeleine -- yes you have -- you left her alone scared and when the poor baby told you so you went out and did the same again -- respect nah -- with all your money thats something they will never buy
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 30 Jan - 10:54

cass, that's a heartfelt and wholly accurate synopsis! Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 2 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Wed 30 Jan - 11:35

you left her alone scared and when the poor baby told you so you went out and did the same again

Yep....and then lost her for nearly 6 years!
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 30 Jan - 11:48

Technically Tony said he 'wouldn't repeat the fact that the Mccanns had something to do with madeleines disappearance' and 'would destroy all the pamphlets and not sell any more'...he disobeyed BUT if this was the case off the man who was led into a 'honeytrap' by police re...Rachel nickel ...the case would not be allowed to come to court because he would off been 'co-erced' or 'tricked'...which he was...but it has come to court costing a vast amount off money and carter ruck have alot off clout and money is no object as far as the Mccanns are concerned...waste off time and waste off money...don't forget EVERYBODY working in that court for those few days including the judge and any other people which could amount to 20-30...will have to be payed........by the taxpayer , it's only the lawyers who get payed by the Mccanns and it will be tony who will have to pay costs if he loses and that won't cover the thousands that will have to be payed for 'others'.

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 30 Jan - 11:57

well Tony may have to pay costs but then the costs awarded against him might be 1p. there was a case years ago where someone sued for damage totheir reputation and won and was awarded something like 1d. i dont think there is anyuthing writ in law to say costs awarded must be the full costs. jimo.

Last edited by tanszi on Wed 30 Jan - 11:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : capital T)
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 30 Jan - 12:06

Your right I think about costs....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 30 Jan - 12:08

The sight of the McCanns' faces - particularly Kate's - if they were awarded a penny in damages will be a treat.

It's a penny more than they deserve but never mind; justice will be seen to have been done.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 30 Jan - 12:25

The McCanns would do well to remember that if the worst happens to TB and he is imprisoned, it is in no way, shape or form a vindication of them. It would simply mean the court considers TB was incorrect in his actions. It does not imply the McCanns are innocent, so no change there then. Indeed, the simple fact of all of their court actions is that no matter how "successful" they may be, none of those decisions will prove them innocent of any wrong doing, only that others were wrong to state or write what they did. A very big difference, IMO, but I suppose an increasing bank balance will ensure many sleep filled nights in Rothley.

Good luck to TB I hope the Court take a level headed approach to this sorry saga and see it for what it is.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 30 Jan - 12:28

I agree with that mossman. perhaps they would see it as vindication of everything if things go in their favour, but yhou ar quite correct, it only means that Tony should not have given in to entrapment, but i daresay the press will skip over that important little matter should the McCs win.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  bill516 Wed 30 Jan - 14:24

OK I know I dont post much but I lurk alot, the people on here have a much better grasp of english than I have so I let them talk. Just been reading on JH forum that some of the big guns used to work with Judge Tugendhat (I think thats how its spelt), could this be a ruse by CR to get the Judge to stand down as he has some prior knowledge of these people and it could be classed as bias if he hears the evidence. I know its a long shot but I woudlnt put anything past that bunch, anything to delay the trail. In all honesty I cant see how a decision can be made on this subject with it being proven that what Tony repeated was incorrect and a lie. Do you think there might be a last minute stay for the parties to negotiate?
bill516
bill516
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 80
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Wed 30 Jan - 14:27

bill516 wrote:OK I know I dont post much but I lurk alot, the people on here have a much better grasp of english than I have so I let them talk. Just been reading on JH forum that some of the big guns used to work with Judge Tugendhat (I think thats how its spelt), could this be a ruse by CR to get the Judge to stand down as he has some prior knowledge of these people and it could be classed as bias if he hears the evidence. I know its a long shot but I woudlnt put anything past that bunch, anything to delay the trail. In all honesty I cant see how a decision can be made on this subject with it being proven that what Tony repeated was incorrect and a lie. Do you think there might be a last minute stay for the parties to negotiate?

Yes they worked at the same Chambers. (judge and barristers)
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 30 Jan - 18:02

I hate to be a killjoy in all this euphoria, but the case will not go to Court . Amaral has had to contend with an injunction on his book taken out, the expense of appeal , the delay in returning the Book , insults from the British Press etc. He was in the driving seat yet is willing to delay the Trial for six months which can only be to the McCanns benefit because Kate wants to get her next book published. My guess is he will accept a substantial payment from the McCanns and both parties will not incur Court expenses. ITV 1 will also benefit.

The reason Kate suggested in her Book that Carter Ruck was virtually working for nothing was because of the public disquiet about Legal Fees taken from the Fund . Tony knew this was not true because I watched the PCC hearing and Tony was there sitting right behind Gerry and Adam. One of the Committee Members asked how Carter Ruck were being paid and Adam said on a "no win, no fee basis ", believe that, you'll believe anything.!!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Wed 30 Jan - 20:21

Do you mean the Amaral court case or Tonys case?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  bill516 Wed 30 Jan - 21:15

If that was for me Fred yes in Tonys case. It just seems that bit too much for something that has more to do with the court system than it has to do with the Mcs.
bill516
bill516
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 80
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 30 Jan - 22:02

fred wrote:Do you mean the Amaral court case or Tonys case?

Hi Fred, the Amaral case. Do you really think they needed six months to reach agreement.? What agreement,? to go to Trial or settle out of Court. I think the McCanns will offer Amaral a substantial amount and because he is broke he will accept.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next