Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process

+25
MaryB
devonmum
almostgothic
cass
Me
kitti
dutchclogs
bill516
fred
tanszi
mossman
AnnaEsse
Chris
mahlersghost
tabs
Lillyofthevalley
wantthetruth
whatsupdoc
malena stool
Krisy22
weissnicht
interested
matthew
margaret
SteveT
29 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 3 Empty Re: Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process

Post  cass Wed 30 Jan - 22:20

at the min i am keeping a open mind into who has asked for the case to be postponed and the reason being is this review and because sy are working with portugal -- i think that both ga and the mcanns will have been told this is the case because the case needs sorting once and for all -- lets see what happens to tony too -- imo i think this will go the same way
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 3 Empty Re: Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process

Post  Panda Wed 30 Jan - 22:26

cass wrote:at the min i am keeping a open mind into who has asked for the case to be postponed and the reason being is this review and because sy are working with portugal -- i think that both ga and the mcanns will have been told this is the case because the case needs sorting once and for all -- lets see what happens to tony too -- imo i think this will go the same way

It's just my opinion Cass, but I'll have a little bet the Trial does not take place Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 3 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Thu 31 Jan - 6:02

well done Tony Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 3 306474 Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 3 991446 Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 3 873702 Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 3 307691 Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 3 307691
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 31 Jan - 7:59

cass wrote:at the min i am keeping a open mind into who has asked for the case to be postponed and the reason being is this review and because sy are working with portugal -- i think that both ga and the mcanns will have been told this is the case because the case needs sorting once and for all -- lets see what happens to tony too -- imo i think this will go the same way

A bit late now for Tony's Trial not to take place.

Taking much into account, not least Amaral's own comments about seeing it through, I think his Case will be heard - unless certain people have lost their liberty before the time comes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  devonmum Thu 31 Jan - 8:50

I agree TIEN , Ga has lost so much fighting for his freedom of speech. Why stop now?

I can't see McCanns offering any settlement which does not include a gagging order, as that is what they have been trying to do all along.

I don't believe GA would accept that under any circumstances, and if none of the defendants agree settlement it will go back to the judge to set a date for the libel case. This can be at anytime, they do not have to wait the full 6 months, that is the time allowed by the judge.

I actually think the McCanns would have liked to pull out of the case, but were unable to do so without consequences.
devonmum
devonmum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 185
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 31 Jan - 8:53

the reason i ask all this is because i know that tony is only repeating what has been said in the police files -- now where does this leave the review ?
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 31 Jan - 8:59

devonmum wrote:
I actually think the McCanns would have liked to pull out of the case, but were unable to do so without consequences.

Absolutely.

qv My remarks about Vexatious Litigation in various Threads since the Action was launched.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 31 Jan - 9:02

cass wrote:the reason i ask all this is because i know that tony is only repeating what has been said in the police files -- now where does this leave the review ?

It leaves the Review to concur largely with the original findings, possibly with a few caveats about Procedure, and to consider in liaison with the Portuguese whether there are grounds for formally reopening the Case. I believe that that will happen once a few financial, Political and Diplomatic hurdles have been cleared.

How much better it would be if the culprits were to Confess.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 31 Jan - 9:08

Panda wrote:

It's just my opinion Cass, but I'll have a little bet the Trial does not take place Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 3 294124

Sorry cass, I meant the Amaral trial would not take place IMO, not Tony.s Trial. have you ever known a Couple like the McCanns ? Paranoid about any detrimental comments about them , just how many Libel cases have they instigated......

The Daily Express, other Dailies paid £1 million, Amaral, Tony Bennett, 1TV station in Portugal, demanding that Amazon remove Pat Brown's book because it was libellous........have I missed any???Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 3 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 31 Jan - 9:14

morning panda -- the list will go on and on -- anyone that dare question the mcanns events of may 3rd and after are going to be bullied and sued -- damage limitation -- even their own family and the tapas family must be asking questions if they have read the police files
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 31 Jan - 9:15

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2900-a-compendium-of-mccann-related-libel-actions

For information.

I think we can safely say that, the more claims for libel and bully boy tactics used to shut people up, the less chance there is of anyone being innocent!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 31 Jan - 9:16

The End Is Nigh wrote:
cass wrote:the reason i ask all this is because i know that tony is only repeating what has been said in the police files -- now where does this leave the review ?

It leaves the Review to concur largely with the original findings, possibly with a few caveats about Procedure, and to consider in liaison with the Portuguese whether there are grounds for formally reopening the Case. I believe that that will happen once a few financial, Political and Diplomatic hurdles have been cleared.

How much better it would be if the culprits were to Confess.

That's a big IF TEIN, everyone connected to this case is probably sick to death of the wasted time and money trying to establish the truth, no Government will want to spend any more money when the World is in such a state economically and Portugal in particular is in dire straits. As the Portugese Judge said to the Portugese Prosecutor when asked if there was sufficient information to go to Trial "show me the body".
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 31 Jan - 9:20

Have faith, Panda ................ Cup half full etc Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 3 192282

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 31 Jan - 9:27

i agree with what you are saying panda re this review both countrys are skint the review has cost millions -- from day 1 when dc said he would do the review i thought it was to tell the mcanns to shut up -- let the police do the work -- stop this bleeding begging and slating the police in portugal -- WE WILL WORK TOGETHER -- the working together is the thing the mcanns didnt need -- case will open and close and unless theres something to take to trial -- the mcanns will be told thats it end off
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 31 Jan - 9:43

Not Born Yesterday wrote:http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2900-a-compendium-of-mccann-related-libel-actions

For information.

I think we can safely say that, the more claims for libel and bully boy tactics used to shut people up, the less chance there is of anyone being innocent!

Thanks NBY, "Methinks thou dost protest too much" certainly applies to the McCanns.Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 3 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 31 Jan - 9:54

cass wrote:i agree with what you are saying panda re this review both countrys are skint the review has cost millions -- from day 1 when dc said he would do the review i thought it was to tell the mcanns to shut up -- let the police do the work -- stop this bleeding begging and slating the police in portugal -- WE WILL WORK TOGETHER -- the working together is the thing the mcanns didnt need -- case will open and close and unless theres something to take to trial -- the mcanns will be told thats it end off

If SY and Oporto find nothing to warrant re-opening the case why on earth would the Portugese spend any more time and money ?

The McCanns and David Cameron will come out of this with egg on their faces if nothing of interest is found in the Review. Now would be an ideal time for the SY Report to be published so that Kate's new book would not sell when people realise all the McCanns complaints were not justified.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 31 Jan - 10:16

Edward Smethurst (McCanns' Co-ordinating lawyer) v Tony Bennett

21. Who took action? Edward Smethurst

Against whom? Tony Bennett

Why? Claims that three threads on 'Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' libelled him, especially references to comments made by some of his 'Facebook friends'.

When? Libel writ in the High Court issued 9 Augsut 2011

Result: Smethurst obtained a secrecy order on 9 August 2011 from Master Eyre, forbidding disclosure of Court documents to third parties. Detailed Particulars of Claim have not yet been filed by Smethurst. The claim is for damages 'not exceeding £100,000'. Preliminary hearing on 7 December 2011

Lawyer used: Isabel Hudson at Carter-Ruck.

How can smethurst take someone to court when he has payed for the prevention off evidence to be shown in court and used against him?

That's ridiculous.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 31 Jan - 10:45

I don't know how others would react but, if I was told that two of my FaceBook friends were having very unsavoury fantasies about children, I'd cut them out of my life even quicker than unfavourable comments about the McCanns on a tabloid website are whooshed.

The thought of suing the person who'd discovered this about my chums wouldn't occur to me in my wildest dreams but then I'm not a solicitor who also happens to be a director of No Stone Unturned.

It's a funny old world, isn't it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  devonmum Thu 31 Jan - 10:58

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I don't know how others would react but, if I was told that two of my FaceBook friends were having very unsavoury fantasies about children, I'd cut them out of my life even quicker than unfavourable comments about the McCanns on a tabloid website are whooshed.

The thought of suing the person who'd discovered this about my chums wouldn't occur to me in my wildest dreams but then I'm not a solicitor who also happens to be a director of No Stone Unturned.

It really is cult like, why can others not see the extremely bizarre behaviour of the whole bunch of them?
devonmum
devonmum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Thu 31 Jan - 11:22

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I don't know how others would react but, if I was told that two of my FaceBook friends were having very unsavoury fantasies about children, I'd cut them out of my life even quicker than unfavourable comments about the McCanns on a tabloid website are whooshed.

Anybody who does this is saying just one thing....GUILTY!
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 31 Jan - 11:27

What did Esther McVey find out, that made her run for the hills, with no explanation?

What did Justine McGuinness find out, that made her leave a whole bunch of "incriminating papers" under a chair in an apartment, immediately prior to her exit as McCann's media spokesperson? What was in those papers?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 31 Jan - 12:19

McVey - don't know, but my question is this - the McCanns were made arguidos in Sept 2007. We were told of her resignation in Jan 2008. Why didn't she go in Sept 2007? That would have been the big red alert for me. Was the proposed film deal the last straw perhaps?

McGuinness - the incriminating papers story seems to have originated with Duarte Levy - and considered an embroidering of the truth in sceptical quarters. However it was said at the time that the McGuinness/McCann parting was acrimonious - anger over expenses, bar bills etc. If she did leave under a cloud, would she leave stuff under the furniture which could incriminate someone?

As with all things McCann, it's a question of who one believes and who one doesn't believe.
And there are always more questions than answers ...
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 31 Jan - 12:21

Indeed Devonmum, it really seems that, no matter what the McCanns or their friends say or do, some people still think they are the most wonderful human beings who ever walked the earth.

I had the misfortune to read some comments on a cesspit site at the time when the news of ES's legal action was announced. Absolutely foul tirades about Tony Bennett; the one that stands out for me being from a woman (judging by the user name) who said that the FaceBook comments were just harmless fantasies........

I wonder how she would feel if her husband or son had made such remarks about what he would like to do to a young child.

To think that we are called vile rather than the hate-filled troll element of McCann supporters!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  devonmum Thu 31 Jan - 12:29

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Indeed Devonmum, it really seems that, no matter what the McCanns or their friends say or do, some people still think they are the most wonderful human beings who ever walked the earth.

I had the misfortune to read some comments on a cesspit site at the time when the news of ES's legal action was announced. Absolutely foul tirades about Tony Bennett; the one that stands out for me being from a woman (judging by the user name) who said that the FaceBook comments were just harmless fantasies........

I wonder how she would feel if her husband or son had made such remarks about what he would like to do to a young child.

To think that we are called vile rather than the hate-filled troll element of McCann supporters!

Harmless fantasies? What the hell is wrong with these people? As the years have gone on i thought i could not be shocked anymore by the actions of these people, but i was wrong.

I did have a peep at JATYK a few weeks ago and felt like bleaching my laptop
devonmum
devonmum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 31 Jan - 12:36

not since the sol threads have i posted alongside the pros -- i havent even looked at any sites they are on --wouldnt know where to look for such vile creatures anyone that can hero worship child neglecting scum bags are as bad as them
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next