Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process

+25
MaryB
devonmum
almostgothic
cass
Me
kitti
dutchclogs
bill516
fred
tanszi
mossman
AnnaEsse
Chris
mahlersghost
tabs
Lillyofthevalley
wantthetruth
whatsupdoc
malena stool
Krisy22
weissnicht
interested
matthew
margaret
SteveT
29 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 4 Empty Re: Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process

Post  Guest Thu 31 Jan - 12:38

I can't recall now if it was actually JATYK2 but that's certainly a place I don't recommend to the squeamish!

I was a latecomer to this case (2009) and I came across sceptic sites first and was intrigued by what I found; until then all I knew was what the media felt we ought to know.

I then thought that, to be fair, I needed to look at the pro sites to get the other side of the story. Oh dear, what an eye opener that was, nothing but hate-filled hags screaming abuse!

If there is a pro site out there which debates the issues sensibly and without abuse, I haven't found it yet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 4 Empty Re: Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process

Post  almostgothic Thu 31 Jan - 12:59

Visiting the dark side should always be preceded by a risk assessment.

For a chronic old hypertensive like me, it's really not worth the red mist.

And all those Karen Silkwood-style contamination scrub-downs I had to suffer on the way out were playing havoc with my sensitive skin ......
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Me Thu 31 Jan - 13:28

I made my feelings clear about Libel in the Uk on Jill’s site which did cause consternation with Tony. I don’t want to add too much at this stage given Tony’s impending case (but I hope to provide further information when the case is over) other than it's a sad state of affairs when the US Congress has to pass legislation to protect its citizens from the UK’s libel laws.

In relation to the very large big guns aimed at him right now, it’s my belief that they are terrified of a full libel trial which will allow all the information that Tony has amassed over the years to come out in (presumably) an open court.

I would assume they are throwing all this at him to try and ensure that the undertakings are kept in place and to avoid a full libel trial at all costs.

So I don’t think it’s so much about attacking Tony per se its more about protecting the status quo and ensuring the absence of information in the wider public arena continues.
Me
Me
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 79
Warning :
Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 31 Jan - 13:40

I think Esther McVey left because even though she publicly announced that the Fund would not pay for Legal Expenses Gerry took advice from some Legal Eagle and was told it was O.K.. Probably it was Carter Ruck who advised Gerry .Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 4 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Thu 31 Jan - 17:24

Today Carter-Ruck have informed me of their total costs in the case of McCanns v Bennett, which they expect to claim from me if they win on Wednesday, i.e. prove me guilty of contempt of court. They are as follows:

1. Solicitors' fees of Carter-Ruck to date:

£181,245

2. Disbursements: Court fees, process servers & couriers:

£1,484

3. Fees of Jacob Dean, barrister, for all hearings to date and advice:

£25,475

4. Fees of Adrienne Page Q.C., for advice and a 2-day hearing:

£32,250

5. VAT on all the above

£48,049

GRAND TOTAL:

£288,503

So much for this sentence on pages 289-290 of 'madeleine', by Dr Kate McCann:

"Adam Tudor and his colleague Isabel Hudson continue to do a vast amount of work for us, without payment, most of it quietly, behind the scenes"
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 31 Jan - 17:28

A Flying Pig Emoticon would come in handy!

In the meantime ....................

Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 4 9k=
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 31 Jan - 17:52

I don't know whether to laugh hysterically or throw up in a bucket ...
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 31 Jan - 17:56

expensive tastes the mcanns have got now havent they ? couldnt afford child care for their children -- or wouldnt pay -- the public must see this -- and who says crime doesnt pay -- and money talks Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 4 477442
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 31 Jan - 18:01

From Twitter:

MuratFan ‏@muratfan
@zampos #mccann Say goodbye to your house Bennett...I love it when a plan comes together

2m AFoxInABox ‏@The21lvaFox
@muratfan 'A PLAN'? So he was set up then Ian? #Gunnill #mccann @zampos
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 31 Jan - 18:12

Carter Ruck charge £600 per hour , from day 1 the McCanns employed CR because they were afraid they were going to be extradited . When that fear proved unfounded they could have engaged a Lawyer for half the cost , even used Smethurst , a Corporate Lawyer to list the charges against Tony. Basically, Tony is being accused of flouting an undertaking not to engage in any Libellous activities or sell any more copies of his book.. I am just wondering whether a Judge would query the cost incurred by the Plaintiff and if Tony is found guilty , reduce the fine.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 31 Jan - 18:14

jd16 wrote:
Today Carter-Ruck have informed me of their total costs in the case of McCanns v Bennett, which they expect to claim from me if they win on Wednesday, i.e. prove me guilty of contempt of court. They are as follows:

1. Solicitors' fees of Carter-Ruck to date:

£181,245

2. Disbursements: Court fees, process servers & couriers:

£1,484

3. Fees of Jacob Dean, barrister, for all hearings to date and advice:

£25,475

4. Fees of Adrienne Page Q.C., for advice and a 2-day hearing:

£32,250

5. VAT on all the above

£48,049

GRAND TOTAL:

£288,503

So much for this sentence on pages 289-290 of 'madeleine', by Dr Kate McCann:

"Adam Tudor and his colleague Isabel Hudson continue to do a vast amount of work for us, without payment, most of it quietly, behind the scenes"

Where's that "81 Lies And Counting" thread?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 31 Jan - 18:21

Go to the OFM Facebook Page for the latest post from HQ - and marvel at the sheer bloody stinking hypocrisy of it ...
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  devonmum Thu 31 Jan - 18:27

almostgothic wrote:Go to the OFM Facebook Page for the latest post from HQ - and marvel at the sheer bloody stinking hypocrisy of it ...

I was trying to work out where to post this!

It is absolutely hypocritical, if i didn't know better i would think it was irony
devonmum
devonmum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 185
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 31 Jan - 18:30

Panda wrote:I am just wondering whether a Judge would query the cost incurred by the Plaintiff and if Tony is found guilty , reduce the fine.

I agree:

I suspect the outcomes will be

a. Low end of Scale punishment (Possibly Absolute Discharge)

b. Ordered to pay nominal costs of 1p

c. Admonition of the Plaintiff for the cost and effort put into their undertaking
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 31 Jan - 18:37

c. Admonition of the Plaintiff for the cost and effort put into their undertaking"

Could you imagine it TEIN.Tony B's letter to CR - abuse of process - Page 4 294124

I think the Trial is scheduled for 5th and 6th of Feb, it's not being held at the Old Bailey is it??
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Thu 31 Jan - 18:42

So if Tony lost the case could he appeal and take the case right up to the European Court of Human Rights?
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 31 Jan - 18:48

MaryB wrote:So if Tony lost the case could he appeal and take the case right up to the European Court of Human Rights?

I doubt it MaryB because he renaged on a deal not to sell his book, which he did, and probably on JH's site made libelous comments.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Thu 31 Jan - 19:06

Panda wrote:
MaryB wrote:So if Tony lost the case could he appeal and take the case right up to the European Court of Human Rights?

I doubt it MaryB because he renaged on a deal not to sell his book, which he did, and probably on JH's site made libelous comments.

He removed all the comments the mccanns and smethurst objected to years ago
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 31 Jan - 19:11

Other members' comments relating to ES were also removed. I was chuffed to have been one of them!

I don't think that anyone other than Team McCann and their hate-filled harpy followers would find anything that Tony has ever said to be libellous.

Truth hurts, as my mother would have said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Thu 31 Jan - 19:45

If the Mccanns are saying TB said anything libellious then the PJ must have said something libellious as well and everyone else who said the same as the PJ so the fact they are not suing the PJ means they are having a personal vendetta of harrassment against TB.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Thu 31 Jan - 20:21

Panda wrote:

I don't see wht he couldn't appeal if he wanted to do so after he exhausted all his possibilities in the UK. I don't know how it works in the UK but anyone can appeal a court case here in Portugal up until it gets to the Supreme Court and if they are still not satisfied they can go to the ECHR.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 31 Jan - 20:58

jd16 wrote:
Panda wrote:

He removed all the comments the mccanns and smethurst objected to years ago

I think it was selling that book and asking the buyer to make the cheque payable to his wife wot dun it. He maybe made comments on JH's show as well. I'm sure he has written on there the exact charges he faces.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4