Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

twitter -- and news from court

+23
almostgothic
malena stool
Angelina
Lillyofthevalley
wjk
kitti
susible
Chris
jeanmonroe
AnnaEsse
interested
pennylane
margaret
dutchclogs
chrissie
welshy
T4two
devonmum
mossman
maebee
jd16
MaryB
Karen
27 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

twitter -- and news from court  - Page 5 Empty Re: twitter -- and news from court

Post  Guest Wed 6 Feb - 18:26

And I rather imagine His Honour had no intention of Imprisoning or otherwise Punishing TB despite this apparently magnanimous intervention (Reminds me of the much vaunted pleading letter from Healy & McCann to get a Review, despite the fact that it was already on the cards! Another own goal, as it played into Govt/SY hands nicely).

I've said all along I think an Absolute or Conditional Discharge (or Civil Court equivalent - ie rap on the knuckles) would be the right approach.

So that just leaves Costs - and that could be seriously embarrassing for the Plaintiffs: Why did they spend £260k if all they wanted nothing more than a reaffirmation that TB would desist?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

twitter -- and news from court  - Page 5 Empty Re: twitter -- and news from court

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 6 Feb - 18:26

Just seen this!

Katycakes ‏@Katycakes1
James Murray of The Express interviewed T Bennett today, very interested in Tonys ref in court to #McCann s £4 Million spent on lawyers
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
twitter -- and news from court  - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100twitter -- and news from court  - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 6 Feb - 18:31

AnnaEsse wrote:Just seen this!

Katycakes ‏@Katycakes1
James Murray of The Express interviewed T Bennett today, very interested in Tonys ref in court to #McCann s £4 Million spent on lawyers

Made right tossers of themselves haven't they?
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
twitter -- and news from court  - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100twitter -- and news from court  - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 6 Feb - 18:38

Jayelles turned up today but at least she behaved herself! Someone has said elsewhere that Pam Gurney has really gone over to the dark side on Twitter by supporting muratfan.

So he's not quite on his own.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 6 Feb - 18:40

Katycakes ‏@Katycakes1

At this point I think the money that was donated by the public to find Madeleine having been spent on lawyers to defend the parents, is what is going to resonate with the general public who up until now are not accustomed to reading just how evil the McCanns are.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 6 Feb - 18:41

pennylane wrote:

Katycakes ‏@Katycakes1

And I hope that interview shows up in the paper. Talking about the money spent on lawyers doesn't breach any undertaking and will show the McCanns up for the tossers they are.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 6 Feb - 18:47

It is expected that a decision will be made in a weeks time, the Press I think will hang fire until the result is known. If the Judge rules that Tony reneged on an undertaking but since he had not enough money to engage a Lawyer it is obvious that he will be unable to pay a hefty fine . Therefore, he rules that Tony pay £5,000 to cover the Plaintiff's cost for the 2 days in Court and Tony do Community Service . If he violates an undertaing not to publicly air his views on any media he will serve a prison sentence.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 6 Feb - 18:49

AnnaEsse wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Katycakes ‏@Katycakes1

And I hope that interview shows up in the paper. Talking about the money spent on lawyers doesn't breach any undertaking and will show the McCanns up for the tossers they are.
Can Tony actually confirm £4 million was spent on Legal Fees though????
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Wed 6 Feb - 18:50

.............said on oath that 'Madeleine was abducted'. She conceded that she had been told that but didn't know whether or not that was true. Her information came from her clients.
HER INFORMATION CAME FROM HER CLIENTS.....................The McCanns.

so........................

Ed Miliband said "Madeleine was abducted". He conceded that he had been TOLD that but didn't know whether or not that was TRUE. His information came from the McCanns.

Harriet Harman and Yvette Cooper said "Madeleine was abducted". They conceded that they had been TOLD that but didn't know whether or not that was TRUE. Their information came from the McCanns.

David Cameron said "Madeleine was abducted". He conceded that he had been TOLD that but didn't know whether or not that was TRUE. His information came from the McCanns.

Theresa May said "Madeleine was abducted". She conceded that she had been TOLD that but didn't know whether or not that was TRUE. Her information came from the McCanns.

Bernard Hogan Howe said "Madeleine was abducted". He conceded that he had been TOLD that but didn't know whether or not that was TRUE. His information came from the McCanns.

The ENTIRE Leicestershire police force and entire Met police force said "Madeleine was abducted". They conceded that they had been TOLD that but didn't know whether or not that was TRUE. Their information came from the McCanns.

Oh sod it!

????????????? said "Madeleine was abducted". He/She/They conceded that he had been TOLD that but didn't know whether or not that was TRUE. His/Her/Their information came from the McCanns.

Put whoever you want in place of question marks!
Blair
Branson
Brown
lorraine Kelly
Fiona Fishface
etc., etc.,

It really is ONLY the McCanns that are saying 'Madeleine was abducted'

Not even their own counsel will back them up in a court room!

How unhelpful was she????

Hope her phone is on 'silent' tonight! LOL.

I did notice that Lorraine ' Madeleine WAS abducted ' Kelly, on Loose Women, wasn't wearing her special, precious FindMadeleine wristband and hasn't been for a very long time now..

How very unhelpful and hurtful!
Come on Lorraine! I'm sure your minnions are reading this and your FindMadeleine wristband will be back on your arm tomorrow, never to be taken off again. (you naughty little tinker you!)

Or has poor Madeleine been 'forgotten' in the Kelly household.?
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed 6 Feb - 19:13

Panda wrote:It is expected that a decision will be made in a weeks time, the Press I think will hang fire until the result is known. If the Judge rules that Tony reneged on an undertaking but since he had not enough money to engage a Lawyer it is obvious that he will be unable to pay a hefty fine . Therefore, he rules that Tony pay £5,000 to cover the Plaintiff's cost for the 2 days in Court and Tony do Community Service . If he violates an undertaing not to publicly air his views on any media he will serve a prison sentence.

I don't think mix and match sentences are yet a feature of our legal system.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Wed 6 Feb - 19:24

Yes, you're right Chris, community service is an alternative to prison, a fine is a separate punishment and the only way you'll go to prison after being fined is if you don't pay it.

I actually think that if the judge rules that Tony did indeed breach his undertaking, but that Adrienne whatsherface has said that the McCanns don't want him sent to jail blah blah, the judge may way fine Tony a small amount and tell the Mc's to cover their own costs..as lets face it, their line up of lawyers was totally OTT and as such the judge may take the view that it was a sledgehammer to crack a nut approach and (also a waste of court time) and rule accordingly to prevent further misuse of the system
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Wed 6 Feb - 20:22

susible wrote:Yes, you're right Chris, community service is an alternative to prison, a fine is a separate punishment and the only way you'll go to prison after being fined is if you don't pay it.

I actually think that if the judge rules that Tony did indeed breach his undertaking, but that Adrienne whatsherface has said that the McCanns don't want him sent to jail blah blah, the judge may way fine Tony a small amount and tell the Mc's to cover their own costs..as lets face it, their line up of lawyers was totally OTT and as such the judge may take the view that it was a sledgehammer to crack a nut approach and (also a waste of court time) and rule accordingly to prevent further misuse of the system

I hope so susible Tony needs (deserves) all the help he can get.......and as you say to stop any further misuse of the system (BY THE MCCANNS) by any one thinking of it.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 6 Feb - 20:41

What is the point off the Mccanns paying 400k to take Tony to court to fine him £500 ....it doesn't make sense.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 6 Feb - 20:45

kitti wrote:What is the point off the Mccanns paying 400k to take Tony to court to fine him £500 ....it doesn't make sense.

Situation normal for that lot!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 6 Feb - 21:14

if all the McCs wanted was for Tony to shut up why this huge court case, why the huge costs involved and an additional QC. i think Gs Levenson speech is ringing in his ears right now, theyve also heard that the Judge is interested in other points tony raised but which could not currently be considered, but might at a future date. I think the McCs are terrified of that possible future date and interest in the fund and all the reporting. jimo
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 6 Feb - 21:23

I'd agree that the means considerably outweighed the apparent ends - but we are dealing here with people with delusions of importance exercising their muscle. They just can't help themselves.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 6 Feb - 21:24

tanszi wrote:if all the McCs wanted was for Tony to shut up why this huge court case, why the huge costs involved and an additional QC. i think Gs Levenson speech is ringing in his ears right now, theyve also heard that the Judge is interested in other points tony raised but which could not currently be considered, but might at a future date. I think the McCs are terrified of that possible future date and interest in the fund and all the reporting. jimo
Yep, I think you're right, tanzi.
How they must dread a full libel court case!!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 6 Feb - 21:36

Inclined to agree with you, TEiN.

It's part security shield overkill, part intimidation and part 'fur-coat-no-knickers'.

Plaintiff leans smugly over garden wall and says to neighbour:

"Of course, we're a two QC family now ......"

Last edited by almostgothic on Wed 6 Feb - 21:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 6 Feb - 21:39

I don't think Tony will be heavily fined because he couldn't afford a Lawyer to represent him in Court , but the judge would have to recognise that he reneged , not once , on the undertaking not to Libel the McCanns. We don't have a transcript of the proceedings so can't really say what the outcome will be , except I think he will be warned against being libellous to the McCanns or the Fund in future.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 6 Feb - 21:40

Potentially libellous .............. the distinction is crucial.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Wed 6 Feb - 21:56

kitti wrote:What is the point off the Mccanns paying 400k to take Tony to court to fine him £500 ....it doesn't make sense.

I think this is more about power, drumming fear in to people, not to mess with us........remember as Katey says CR work tirelessly behind the scenes for free..........dream on Katey.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Wed 6 Feb - 22:06

Panda wrote:I don't think Tony will be heavily fined because he couldn't afford a Lawyer to represent him in Court , but the judge would have to recognise that he reneged , not once , on the undertaking not to Libel the McCanns. We don't have a transcript of the proceedings so can't really say what the outcome will be , except I think he will be warned against being libellous to the McCanns or the Fund in future.

He could be given a suspended sentence. No prison but puts one foot wrong later and he goes straight there (without passing Go and collecting £200!)
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 6 Feb - 22:10

http://t.co/eg2WNXqg

The BBC report is quite reasonable but it is very sad to see Tony looking so defeated.

I doubt that a certain pair feel any remorse over what they have done but they damn well should.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 6 Feb - 22:18

His conscience is clear and he'll sleep well once this is over, more than can ever be said for the McCanns.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 6 Feb - 22:19

Not Born Yesterday wrote:http://t.co/eg2WNXqg

The BBC report is quite reasonable but it is very sad to see Tony looking so defeated.

I doubt that a certain pair feel any remorse over what they have done but they damn well should.

True - but to them TB is mere collateral damage.

The crux of the matter is the lack of remorse over the fate of Madeleine (Their Daughter).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next