Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

twitter -- and news from court

+23
almostgothic
malena stool
Angelina
Lillyofthevalley
wjk
kitti
susible
Chris
jeanmonroe
AnnaEsse
interested
pennylane
margaret
dutchclogs
chrissie
welshy
T4two
devonmum
mossman
maebee
jd16
MaryB
Karen
27 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

twitter -- and news from court  - Page 3 Empty Re: twitter -- and news from court

Post  MaryB Tue 5 Feb - 20:40

Thanks Mossman. Will there be a decision tomorrow do you think?
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
twitter -- and news from court  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100twitter -- and news from court  - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

twitter -- and news from court  - Page 3 Empty Re: twitter -- and news from court

Post  mossman Tue 5 Feb - 20:43

MaryB wrote:Thanks Mossman. Will there be a decision tomorrow do you think?

I have no idea, I have just about figured out what is going on !
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
twitter -- and news from court  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100twitter -- and news from court  - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 5 Feb - 20:56

mary from what i read on jh site it was over 2 days -- think tony will have his say tomorrow --think thats right -- dont know enough about the law -- but its entrapment -- i think the judge has to pass some kind of sentance tbh --i would love for nohing to happen at all to tony -- maybe a telling off -- but as much as our uk press have given the mcanns good press -- they have bitten the hand that feeds them and sending a man to jail wont go down well because of his beliefs
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 5 Feb - 21:01

Here is how you know that it is not all going the McCann's way.

There is not one mention of this trial in the press, anywhere. Not one.

Now if it looked like Tony Bennett was going to be jailed and hit for costs tomorrow, do you honestly believe that Pinky wouldn't have a press release at the ready?

I'm hoping that "no news" is "good news"! twitter -- and news from court  - Page 3 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 5 Feb - 21:05

Just read that there were 30 people at the courtroom to support Tony. He seemed in good spirits and spoke eloquently.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 5 Feb - 21:12

tony has posted on jh site
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 5 Feb - 21:13

The judge severely limited my questions to Carter-Ruck's Solicitor and Partner, Isabel Martorell.

I think I am right in saying (we shall see tomorrrow) that none of the facts relating to Madeleine's reported disappearance are of any relevance whatosever to this hearing.

Nor is the widespread availability of Dr Amaral's book; that was also ruled as irrelevant.

One issue that emerged during the hearing more than once was the McCanns' powerlessness to control the level of dissent about Madeleine. I was able to demonstrate that I was the only person on the entire planet who was actively being inhibited from expressing his opinions on the disappearance of Madeleine. That was also ruled entirely irrelevant to the issue of whether I had breached any of my undertakings.

The circumstances under which I agreed to give the undertakings - on 2 October 2009 following legal advice from Kirwans - were also deemed irrelevant. The fact that the only alternative I was faced with was to face a full-blown libel trial, up against the legal firepower of Carter-Ruck and with no Legal Aid for defamation cases, was also ruled irrelevant.

Michael Gunnill's evidence was that he obtained the '60 Reasons' book from me purely to make himself some money. He said he had asked the Editor of the Sunday Express if he would be interested in running a story on Tony Benentt breaking his undertakings. He said that the Editor said 'Yes', and so he tried to get a book from me by subterfuge. Having done so, the Editor never ran the story so he never got paid. On this forum, Mr Gunnill claimed to have received the book on 4 February 2010, but in his Affidavit he said it was on 1 February. He could not explain the discrepancy.

In her Affidavit, Ms Martorell had said on oath that 'Madeleine was abducted'. She conceded that she had been told that but didn't know whether or not that was true. Her information came from her clients.

The one ray of hope was that Mr Justice Tugendhat said that many of the issues I sought to raise would become relevant at a subsequent hearing at which I shall be applying to lift the stay on the libel proceedings - and (hopefully) then be able to argue the case to lift the undertakings. This hearing will not release me from my undertakings and it has been spelled out to me that unless and until the undertakings are lifted, I must not give my opinion on what may have happened to Madeleine.

The support at the Court was briliant - thanks so much to all who came.

Especial thanks to Enid O'Dowd, the accountant who wrote up an excellent analysis of the Fund. She flew over from the Irish Republic to help me. She was not allowed to be a witness for me at today's hearing, because Mr Justice Tugendhat deemed it irrelevant to the issues he had to decide. He did however say that her evidence might well be relevant at a future hearing.

There were 5 journalists present during various parts of the proceedings.

It all seems very very unjust
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 5 Feb - 21:17

He sounds a bit down, but maybe he is just tired. I don't think there's anything unexpected there. The judge is just being very precise and strictly adhering to the letter of the law. But he clearly thinks there is a lot more to come out at a full libel trial. That can only be a good thing as I think it's the very last thing on the face of this planet that the McCanns would want.

This was a very interesting own goal.

In her Affidavit, Ms Martorell had said on oath that 'Madeleine was abducted'. She conceded that she had been told that but didn't know whether or not that was true. Her information came from her clients.

So even the McCanns' own lawyer doesn't 100% believe her clients.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 5 Feb - 21:39

thanks iris -- just been reading -- mods can you delete the thread i made - thanks - the judge sems to want to be able to move things on -- hope so anyway --if he is allowed to do that twitter -- and news from court  - Page 3 25346
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Tue 5 Feb - 22:00

Iris wrote:He sounds a bit down, but maybe he is just tired. I don't think there's anything unexpected there. The judge is just being very precise and strictly adhering to the letter of the law. But he clearly thinks there is a lot more to come out at a full libel trial. That can only be a good thing as I think it's the very last thing on the face of this planet that the McCanns would want.

This was a very interesting own goal.

So even the McCanns' own lawyer doesn't 100% believe her clients.

Exactly my thoughts too

And also
Mr Gunnill claimed to have received the book on 4 February 2010, but in his Affidavit he said it was on 1 February. He could not explain the discrepancy.
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 5 Feb - 22:03

Cracks.

"I love cracks, me"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

twitter -- and news from court  - Page 3 Empty It's not as bad as it looks!

Post  Guest Tue 5 Feb - 23:04

The amount of discord re the McCanns' story is now out in the open. More people are asking awkward questions.
The unbanning of Dr Amarals book, although irrelevant to this case, is now a matter of public court record.
Mike Gunnill has been proven to be a liar and a fraud.
Even the McCanns' own lawyer cannot say with 100% certainty that Maddie was abducted.
Tony has proved that he doesn't even have the same rights to discuss the case as anyone else does. (It may be irrelevant to this trial but it is also now a matter of public record).
The accounts have been analysed by a certified and qualified Accountant and found wanting. Again, not admissable now, but a matter of public record.
The judge keeps saying that things may be relevant if/when it goes to a full libel trial, he's not ruling things out completely, just saying they are not relevant to this trial (which, strictly speaking, they are not - but sounds like he wants to actually widen the scope of any upcoming trial!)
There were 5 journos present (I'm assuming that doesn't include Gunnill) and not one word in any of the media. That should tell you something!
The McCanns, like the cowards that they are, couldn't even turn up themselves.

It's been a good day. I am looking forward to tomorrow. twitter -- and news from court  - Page 3 307691
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 5 Feb - 23:17

devonmum wrote:
cass wrote:
devonmum wrote:Muratfan is running an abusive spoof Tony account on Twitter today, complete scumbag,
just goes to show that they are scared today stooping so low twitter -- and news from court  - Page 3 371436

Its pretty foul, but only has 2 followers so far, and one of them is Pamela Gurney lol

He's one sick puppy.

I hadn't until now put Pam Gurney in quite the same category of pond life as Muratfan!

I was at court - a tiring but interesting day.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Wed 6 Feb - 0:20

Very interesting.

Nobody can state that Madeleine was abducted. Didn't their self-appointed spokesman Clarence state that "abduction is a mere hypothesis"
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 6 Feb - 0:32

The End Is Nigh wrote:Spite, vindictiveness and an arrogant belief that it will help perpetuate the fables of the last nearly six years.

Exactly!!!!
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Wed 6 Feb - 8:16

Just to post here that CmoMM is being spammed to death by meatgrinderpete, a new member who registered this morning.

Best not to log on for a bit whilst this is being dealt with as the portal illegible with dingbats and such. Spamming about ten topics a minute by the looks of it.

Who could do such a thing? twitter -- and news from court  - Page 3 847843 Mmmmm, Mmmmuuu....
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  devonmum Wed 6 Feb - 8:27

Not Born Yesterday wrote:
devonmum wrote:
cass wrote:
devonmum wrote:Muratfan is running an abusive spoof Tony account on Twitter today, complete scumbag,
just goes to show that they are scared today stooping so low twitter -- and news from court  - Page 3 371436

Its pretty foul, but only has 2 followers so far, and one of them is Pamela Gurney lol

He's one sick puppy.

I hadn't until now put Pam Gurney in quite the same category of pond life as Muratfan!

I was at court - a tiring but interesting day.

All the pros seem to be repeating his lies so they are well sucked in!

Well done for going to court, glad Tony had support twitter -- and news from court  - Page 3 25346
devonmum
devonmum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 185
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 6 Feb - 8:28

What on earth have these trolls got to be afraid of, I wonder, that they feel the need to obliterate a website?

Getting ready to go to court again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Wed 6 Feb - 8:31

hope all goes well for tony today -- and thanks for any updates x
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 6 Feb - 8:39

Iris wrote:The amount of discord re the McCanns' story is now out in the open. More people are asking awkward questions.
The unbanning of Dr Amarals book, although irrelevant to this case, is now a matter of public court record.
Mike Gunnill has been proven to be a liar and a fraud.
Even the McCanns' own lawyer cannot say with 100% certainty that Maddie was abducted.
Tony has proved that he doesn't even have the same rights to discuss the case as anyone else does. (It may be irrelevant to this trial but it is also now a matter of public record).
The accounts have been analysed by a certified and qualified Accountant and found wanting. Again, not admissable now, but a matter of public record.
The judge keeps saying that things may be relevant if/when it goes to a full libel trial, he's not ruling things out completely, just saying they are not relevant to this trial (which, strictly speaking, they are not - but sounds like he wants to actually widen the scope of any upcoming trial!)
There were 5 journos present (I'm assuming that doesn't include Gunnill) and not one word in any of the media. That should tell you something!
The McCanns, like the cowards that they are, couldn't even turn up themselves.

It's been a good day. I am looking forward to tomorrow. twitter -- and news from court  - Page 3 307691

Well said. Whilst he has ruled those things are not relevant at this point in time, he cannot forget hearing about them, so at least those issues are in the mind of the judge.

Everything crossed for today, hopefully Tony can dig deep and find lots of strength to get through today.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  devonmum Wed 6 Feb - 8:40

Not Born Yesterday wrote:What on earth have these trolls got to be afraid of, I wonder, that they feel the need to obliterate a website?

I think they know the forums were full to bursting yesterday and will be today, they don't like it twitter -- and news from court  - Page 3 23324

Good luck today and give Tony my best
devonmum
devonmum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 185
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Wed 6 Feb - 8:42

Not Born Yesterday wrote:What on earth have these trolls got to be afraid of, I wonder, that they feel the need to obliterate a website?

They can keep things out of the media using the big stick of the super injunction to bully everyone into submission, but the internet is a completely different matter. Attempting to obliterate the website is a last resort. No prizes for guessing who 'they' are. JIMO.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 6 Feb - 8:55

Not just your opinion!

Commiserations to the village that thought it had got rid of its idiot, but he's been removed from the JH site so I hope it will soon be back to normal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 6 Feb - 8:58

tigger wrote:Just to post here that CmoMM is being spammed to death by meatgrinderpete, a new member who registered this morning.

Best not to log on for a bit whilst this is being dealt with as the portal illegible with dingbats and such. Spamming about ten topics a minute by the looks of it.

Who could do such a thing? twitter -- and news from court  - Page 3 847843 Mmmmm, Mmmmuuu....

And guess who is the first to mention it on Twitter:

MuratFan ‏@muratfan
Haverns site gas been compromised. Looks like spambots have put viruses in posts. Not good for users there so run checks #mccann

Just couldn't wait to announce his own handiwork. Gives himself away every time, the thick w@nker.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 6 Feb - 9:08

Patently he knows as little about Computers and the Internet as he does about anything else.

What a strange, sad and pathetic performance.

Has he ever dared to go so far as to mention Madeleine at all, or is his raison d'etre merely to be gratuitously unpleasant?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next