Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry

+33
margaret
malena stool
rainbow-fairy
Lillyofthevalley
jeanmonroe
chrissie
mossman
kitti
AnnaEsse
interested
tanszi
Angelina
dutchclogs
fred
fuzeta
MaryB
Wintabells
Bobsy
Loopdaloop
mara thon
Annabel
weissnicht
Lioned
JOHNFRANCIS
squeaker
bill516
Badboy
Chris
Claudia79
comperedna
almostgothic
matthew
keepingmum
37 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 5 Empty Re: Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry

Post  interested Sun 16 Jun - 21:17

In the very early days, I read a post from someone who said a U.K. policeman said that he had arrested people with less evidence than in Madeleine's case.  The 'charge' wasn't mentioned but, as I recall, the conversation with the policeman went much further than 'neglect'.

In Canada and the U.S. juries have been able to convict based on connecting the dots in many circumstantial cases.  I just can't get my head around why no one has been charged when the police files indicate so much direct evidence that Madeleine is dead, coupled with evidence indicating her parents were involved in, at least, the coverup and subsequent abduction fraud.

So I am hopeful that the U.K. policeman who spoke about an arrest based on "even less evidence" than in this case, is able to make his voice heard in this latest investigation.  I have to believe there are other law enforcement officials who share his view.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 5 Empty Re: Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry

Post  fuzeta Sun 16 Jun - 22:39

Wintabells wrote:In case it helps:

If you're using the 'quote' function, you need to go to the top right hand side on the list of icons and left click 'switch editor' before you start your message-typing. Something seems to have changed with the formatting of the forum, hence some of the posts aren't quoting correctly.

Hope that made sense - you do this AFTER you've clicked 'quote'.

Oh yes it works, thank you winterbells
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :
Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sun 16 Jun - 22:44

MaryB wrote:I'm not surprised at the negative comments on here.  We've been given such a load of nonsense over the years.  False sightings, new witnesses coming forward after years.  New swarthy strangers being remembered and so on and so on.  I'm pessimistic too quite a lot of the time and think nothing will ever be solved.  But surely every single aspect of this whole case will be gone over with a new eye and a fine toothcomb and every single possibility explored.  I heard once a detective say when you've ruled out the possible and the unlikely then you must investigate the impossible.  Let's hope that is borne in mind.

To be honest MaryB I think it is the obvious that they are missing and not the impossible.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sun 16 Jun - 23:00

Wintabells wrote:In case it helps:

If you're using the 'quote' function, you need to go to the top right hand side on the list of icons and left click 'switch editor' before you start your message-typing. Something seems to have changed with the formatting of the forum, hence some of the posts aren't quoting correctly.

Hope that made sense - you do this AFTER you've clicked 'quote'.

Hi Wintabells and thanks Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 5 944533 , you've explained the solution to the formatting problem beautifully.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Mon 17 Jun - 9:18

malena stool wrote:
Lillyofthevalley wrote:Yes agree Anna, get certain people in for questioning, the one's that had the most to say, back in May 2007!, say no more!

I'm shocked at the amount of negative posts on here.......the met imo could quite easly say....nah we've found nothing more then the PJ, end of case.
But No they are taking it further, WHY?  lets be honest if it was a cover up, they wouldn't be spending more money on this case.....

Think abut it logically folks. We have never believed what the papers print why would you now?
I'm pretty shocked at the negative responses that I feel and I've given Lily, but we've had 6 years of laughable reporting of laughable, lame, lies, our judicial system has shamed itself and our child protection agencies have damaged their credibility to the point of which they are taking the side of self confessed abusers. Our Police have given a standing ovation to the McCanns and Kate is worshipped as a Sainted Icon for missing children.... A mother who wouldn't answer basic questions which could have assisted in the search for her missing daughter nominated and revered..... I think not...
I'm sorry if this response is a little sharp Lily, it's not directed at you, I'm fed up with the way two government administrations and their media spin merchants are playing with the law and its process to paint the McCanns as being innocent of any involvement in Madeleine's disappearance... Despite the fact they have publicly admitted to abandoning their children on a regular basis.   Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 5 Icon_flower

No your reply is very fair and honest, please don't worry malena, we are all allowed our opinions :)

When SY said they were doing the Review, it was said that they were not going to report they're findings to the public......now that SY have taken over the case, they will have to now report they're findings......hopefully with 9 arrests and given a very hard time until, the truth is driven out of them.
If this case was going to be covered up, it would have been done, especially after the review, not better time imo, interesting time ahead, just wait and see!
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 17 Jun - 9:40

I always thought the Metropolitan Police WAS Scotland Yard Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 5 303636.   What makes me think this is a good sign is that they are prepared to spend more money and time on the "Review".  Surely Teresa May would not sanction any more expense without a good reason???
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 17 Jun - 9:53

Panda wrote:I always thought the Metropolitan Police WAS Scotland Yard Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 5 303636.   What makes me think this is a good sign is that they are prepared to spend more money and time on the "Review".  Surely Teresa May would not sanction any more expense without a good reason???

Good morning Panda

You are correct, they are the same body.

http://www.met.police.uk/history/new_scotland_yard.htm

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 17 Jun - 10:05

kathybelle wrote:
Panda wrote:I always thought the Metropolitan Police WAS Scotland Yard Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 5 303636.   What makes me think this is a good sign is that they are prepared to spend more money and time on the "Review".  Surely Teresa May would not sanction any more expense without a good reason???

Good morning Panda

You are correct, they are the same body.

http://www.met.police.uk/history/new_scotland_yard.htm

Morning kathybelle....thanks. I remember not too long ago they were disposing of the rotating square that symbolized NSY.

Now this happened 2007/8 , I was at a Wedding receptiion sitting next to a couple I knew,  with their Son who was late twenties and was a Policeman at the Met. of course I asked him what he thought of the Madeleine McCann case. He said one of his colleagues had been seconded to Leicester to help and was convinced the Parents were culpable. When I asked why, he said he couldn't tell me any more.!!!

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 17 Jun - 14:44

I know Panda!!  I was chatting to some cops from Cambridgeshire Police and they were the same.  Parents are guilty, but, wouldn't (or couldn't!) say why.  This case stinks to high Heaven!!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Mon 17 Jun - 16:23

Then I can't help wondering why they haven't gone quietly away and thanked their lucky stars they got away with it.    Why push for reviews when the case is shelved in PT and realistically is likely never to be re-opened?
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  maive Mon 17 Jun - 16:30

Angelina wrote: Why push for reviews when the case is shelved in PT and realistically is likely never to be re-opened?

That's the million dollar question..

Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 5 Icon_flower
maive
maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 17 Jun - 16:30

fred wrote:I know Panda!!  I was chatting to some cops from Cambridgeshire Police and they were the same.  Parents are guilty, but, wouldn't (or couldn't!) say why.  This case stinks to high Heaven!!

Hi Fred, another time I was on a Flight to Tenerife, sat next to a couple and it turned out the Husband had retired recently from the Police Force through ill health. He was a Detective  so naturally I asked what he thought of the McCann case and he said all the Policemen at the Station thought the McCanns were guilty but nothing could be proved without a body. Why didn't some intrepid Reporters dig deep. it took only 2 Reporters to bring down a President of the US, yet our lot paid the fines...especially the Express which  paid £1 million with the Court costs.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Mon 17 Jun - 16:32

maive wrote:
Angelina wrote: Why push for reviews when the case is shelved in PT and realistically is likely never to be re-opened?

And if I had a million dollars to spare I'd be happy to part with it if only someone could answer it, Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 5 294124
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 17 Jun - 16:35

I think its because they know they were never cleared of any involvement in Maddie's disappearance, and I really don't think they thought it would get this far.  leaving it as being a bungled investigation by the PJ was their best hope. imo
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Mon 17 Jun - 16:35

interested wrote:
Bobsy wrote:I wonder if there are reporters in and around Rothley, waiting............?

I hope photographers are in the area.  I want to see the photo of the handcuffed McCanns being led out of their house kicking and screaming (after of course the twins have been safely removed).

Yes  I can't wait for that to happen, Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 5 25346 Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 5 302722Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 5 302722
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  maive Mon 17 Jun - 16:38

Angelina wrote:
maive wrote:

And if I had a million dollars to spare I'd be happy to part with it if only someone could answer it, Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 5 294124

Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 5 294124

BUT.. What if they didn't push for that review..? Are we sure of that?
maive
maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Mon 17 Jun - 16:39

tanszi wrote:I think its because they know they were never cleared of any involvement in Maddie's disappearance, and I really don't think they thought it would get this far.  leaving it as being a bungled investigation by the PJ was their best hope. imo

-----------------

A bungled investigation that basically has been closed....calling it shelved is a bit misleading imo.     I don't blame PT for not wanting to re-open the case and I don't see that it ever would have been.   They need new evidence but if they aren't looking for any then they aren't going to find any.

Basically, as I see it, whoever was responsible was home and dry so I really don't get the reasons behind asking for a review...unless it wasn't actually them, of course.   
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 17 Jun - 16:39

maive wrote:

Could it be that the McCanns had protection from the Government for some unknown reason? Certainly Tony Blair was informed within hours and in turn asked the ambassador to Portugal, John Buck to go to PDL. The McCanns had Barristers, Family Lawyers flying out to PDL within days,  how could they all not lnow that Madeleine would not be found in the interim?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Mon 17 Jun - 16:42

maive wrote:
Angelina wrote:
maive wrote:

---------------------

-------------

Judging by the contents of Cameron's letter to them, I'd say yes they did

(what is up with this stupid system on this forum!)
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  maive Mon 17 Jun - 16:53

Angelina wrote:
maive wrote:
Angelina wrote:
maive wrote:

---------------------

-------------

Switch to «Editor Mode» (last square on the right!!)

IMO, these letters (between the PM and the Team) could have been a media exercice.. We don't know for sure. These letters were published for a good reason, if you see what I mean..

I wish for the best, I am cautiously optimistic..!!
maive
maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Mon 17 Jun - 16:54

maive wrote:
Angelina wrote:
maive wrote:
Angelina wrote:
maive wrote:

---------------------

-------------

Switch to «Editor Mode» (last square on the right!!)

IMO, these letters (between the PM and the Team) could have been a media exercice..  We don't know for sure. These letters were published for a good reason, if you see what I mean..

I wish for the best, I am cautiously optimistic..!!

I see what you mean but not really convinced.

Thanks for the info Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 5 Icon_flower
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 17 Jun - 17:04

I can see what Maive is saying.  How close did Rebekah and K and G get.  Close enough for Rebekah to want to push the media to get behind the review, thus forcing Cameron into action.imo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 17 Jun - 22:44

I wonder if the Scotland Yard team, who will now be investigating Madeleine's disappearance, will be the same team (minus Hamish Campbell), who have been conducting the review for the past couple of years. If they are the same team, I don't hold much hope of Madeleine getting the justice she deserves.

By the way, I don't call my comments negative, my comments are based on facts. The facts are, the review team, who consisted of homicide officers as well as other officers, have had in their possession the files, which contained enough proof that the McCanns played a major part in Madeleine's disappearance. The review team have dismissed all of the evidence and focused their attention on a couple of dead paedophiles, who had been eliminated from the enquiry whilst still alive and cleaners.

Last edited by kathybelle on Mon 17 Jun - 22:51; edited 1 time in total
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 17 Jun - 22:51

I just can't see a whitewash happening now IMO, moving the case over here is to catch certain people and no others. No need for the extradition lawyers now!

Imagine you were a tapas member, you thought you were safe and would never have to go back to Portugal but now the case which is never going to go away is in the UK. How would you feel.....?
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 18 Jun - 0:00

kathybelle wrote:I wonder if the Scotland Yard team, who will now be investigating Madeleine's disappearance, will be the same team (minus Hamish Campbell), who have been conducting the review for the past couple of years. If they are the same team, I don't hold much hope of Madeleine getting the justice she deserves.

By the way, I don't call my comments negative, my comments are based on facts. The facts are, the review team, who consisted of homicide officers as well as other officers, have had in their possession the files, which contained enough proof that the McCanns played a major part in Madeleine's disappearance. The review team have dismissed all of the evidence and focused their attention on a couple of dead paedophiles, who had been eliminated from the enquiry whilst still alive and cleaners.

Hi kathybelle , I said I thought this was a breakthrough and I hope I am right. The 20 "suspects" is a smokescreen . SY would certainly not be spending any nore money , neither would Theresa May be giving permission....she was the one who only wanted a scope. The Detectives in Portugal had access to all the PJ Files, Metodo 3 files who claimed in an interview with ABC ES, the Spanish subsidiary of the Guardian that they never received the money quoted in the British Press.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next