Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry

+33
margaret
malena stool
rainbow-fairy
Lillyofthevalley
jeanmonroe
chrissie
mossman
kitti
AnnaEsse
interested
tanszi
Angelina
dutchclogs
fred
fuzeta
MaryB
Wintabells
Bobsy
Loopdaloop
mara thon
Annabel
weissnicht
Lioned
JOHNFRANCIS
squeaker
bill516
Badboy
Chris
Claudia79
comperedna
almostgothic
matthew
keepingmum
37 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 3 Empty Re: Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry

Post  Badboy Sat 15 Jun - 19:34

saw this today on sky news,is ANYTHING NEW?
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :
Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 3 Empty Re: Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry

Post  tanszi Sat 15 Jun - 19:35

something is new but im not sure if it is evidence. jimo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sat 15 Jun - 19:46

mara thon wrote:Worth reading simply for the very many comments, it appears everyone is fed up and very suspicious of the Mccanns.  Oh how things change !

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/madeleine-mccann-home-office-funds-inquiry-125301709.html#nlgsIto

It was very interesting reading through all those messages.... almost unanimously questioning the Mccann's perspective. But what I did notice was.... There were no Trolls! Where have they all gone?

Have the PR companies and the lower level minions realised that their reputation could be at stake when the truth outs?

Has anyone seen a troll for a while ?
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sat 15 Jun - 19:59

Lots of interest (arrows) in the Mail comments but, of the only 19 which have been published, the 'latest' is dated 22:40 last night.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sat 15 Jun - 20:08

Something has been in the air for a while now.  As always, difficult to know what is true and what is pink spin.

One thing I cannot forget though is that photo of the parents looking utterly distraught at the recent anniversary  service.  That photo was not spin, Gerrys face was that of somebody who had lost everything.  Either he has only now realised he has lost his daughter or he had knowledge that the wind was changing.  At a guess I would say the latter and not the former.

From all I have seen and read over the past few weeks, that sticks in my mind as being very real.  Kate's publicised private visit to PDL was off too.  We were told about it before it happened, they covered themselves in case the press got wind of her being there and decided to further investigate. Brunty did not happen to fall out of the sky exactly outside 5a by chance either.  He was there for a reason we have not yet heard about.

All is not lost yet, I think.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  bill516 Sat 15 Jun - 20:26

I have always had a thought that this review was to look through the evidence to see if there was anything to link a certain person/s to this area at this time and this was the 'hold the Mccs had.  Now if there is no evidence or its only circumstantial then that sort of puts a hole in the bottom of the Mccs boat and the bargening chip they held has just been devalued.  Even if they do start bleating about 'well we knew so and so were involved' who is going to believe them after all the guff that they have had printed via the pink one. 

I live in hope that its all comming to their end.
bill516
bill516
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 80
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sat 15 Jun - 20:34

Yes, let's hope that boat is sinking.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sat 15 Jun - 21:37

If the Scotland Yard review concludes that the McCanns played no part in Madeleine's disappearance, the review team are calling the PJ liars, because of what they've stated in the files. The review team are also calling Eddie, Keela and their handler incompetent as well as the Forensic team, who concluded that the evidence found in the McCanns apartment, on Kate and Madeleine's clothing and in the McCanns hire car.

For the review team, to conclude that the McCanns are innocent, would mean that the review team are taking the word of the McCanns who are not only proven liars, they are lawbreakers, purely because of what they admitted to the media and the PJ, instead of the words of the experts.

I cannot see how the review team can conclude that the McCanns played no part in Madeleine's disappearance, but if they do, then the review team should be investigated. Questions should be asked, as to why this team has wasted millions of taxpayers money on this review only to conclude that the McCanns are not involved with Madeleine's disappearance, but a couple of dead paedophiles could be.

However these questions won't be asked, unless every parent of a missing child, who has not had the help the McCanns have had, kicks up a stink. The only person with a missing child, who has complained about the help the McCanns have had, while she has had very little help, is Ben Needham's mum.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  squeaker Sat 15 Jun - 22:56

I like the words "inquiry" and "investigation" much more than "review".Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 3 25346
squeaker
squeaker
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 15 Jun - 23:08

Squeaker said:

I like the words "inquiry" and "investigation" much more than "review".Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 3 25346

Yes I do. SY have finished their review and they are effectively re-opening the case. I still haven't seen any quotes anywhere from the McCanns about how happy they are about this news. 

No need for anyone to return to Portugal to be interviewed: SY can do it here. If SY request medical records for Kate and Madeleine, perhaps the records will be produced. The Portuguese can wash their hands of the McCanns et al. After all, the McCanns scarpered as soon as they were made arguidos. The UK has them; the UK can deal with them!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 15 Jun - 23:25

I sure hope they can obtain all the information concerning medical records, financial records, telephone records, mobile and landline, and other records which will help them in the investigation of this case. jimo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  JOHNFRANCIS Sat 15 Jun - 23:31

AnnaEsse wrote:Squeaker said:

Yes I do. SY have finished their review and they are effectively re-opening the case. I still haven't seen any quotes anywhere from the McCanns about how happy they are about this news. 

No need for anyone to return to Portugal to be interviewed: SY can do it here. If SY request medical records for Kate and Madeleine, perhaps the records will be produced. The Portuguese can wash their hands of the McCanns et al. After all, the McCanns scarpered as soon as they were made arguidos. The UK has them; the UK can deal with them!
Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 3 307691Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 3 307691
JOHNFRANCIS
JOHNFRANCIS
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 152
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Sat 15 Jun - 23:31

Couldn't believe it when l saw it this morning, they really are toast.

If SY came to the conclusion there was anyone else in the frame they'd Hand it back to Portugal, but they want jurisdiction here because they know they'd never get certain people back to Portugal.

And it can only mean a certain 9 people.

So the fancy extradition lawyers are worthless because SY can arrest and charge HERE in the UK.

The upshot is the investigation is going to be REOPENED in the UK. Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 3 991446
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 16 Jun - 0:19

As i have said elsewhere the police/Scotland Yard do not prosecute anybody.

So the 'Review' is now being called  an 'investigation' so thats how Theresa May can justify throwing a few more million at it !

As best as i know the McCanns will have to stand trial in Portugal if they had anything to do with it !

Anyone with legal knowledge on how crimes are tried in foreign country's involving UK Nationals can correct me if they know better.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Sun 16 Jun - 0:45

Does this help?

Sections 9 and 10: Jurisdiction

Murder or manslaughter abroad. Section 9 gives the courts in England, Wales and Ireland extra-territorial jurisdiction over homicides committed by British subjects overseas. (Note however the restricted definition of "subject" under section 3 of the British Nationality Act 1948.) Section 10 gives these courts jurisdiction over fatal acts committed by British subjects overseas where the death occurs in England, Wales or Ireland, and jurisdiction over fatal acts committed in England, Wales or Ireland by anyone, including aliens, where the death occurs abroad. (The word "criminally" in that section has been held to exclude fatal acts done by aliens overseas although the death occurs in England, Wales or Ireland, since such acts are not punishable under the criminal law.)
[quote]9. Where any murder or manslaughter shall be committed on land out of the United Kingdom, whether within the Queen's dominions or without, and whether the person killed were a subject of Her Majesty or not, every offence committed by any subject of Her Majesty in respect of any such case, whether the same shall amount to the offence of murder or of manslaughter, ... may be dealt with, inquired of, tried, determined, and punished ... in England or Ireland; Provided, that nothing herein contained shall prevent any person from being tried in any place out of England or Ireland for any murder or manslaughter committed out of England or Ireland in the same manner as such person might have been tried before the passing of this Act. 10. Where any person being [criminally] stricken, poisoned, or otherwise hurt upon the sea, or at any place out of England or Ireland, shall die of such stroke, poisoning, or hurt in England or Ireland, or, being [criminally] stricken, poisoned, or otherwise hurt in any place in England or Ireland, shall die of such stroke, poisoning, or hurt upon the sea, or at any place out of England or Ireland, every offence committed in respect of any such case, whether the same shall amount to the offence of murder or of manslaughter, may be tried ... in England.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offences_against_the_Person_Act_1861#Sections_9_and_10:_Jurisdiction
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Sun 16 Jun - 0:52

When it was announced that SY were conducting an investigative review the way it was worded included something along the lines of 'as if the crime took place in the UK'. It was a puzzling piece of language, but it struck me at the time that it must have some important meaning. Can anyone else remember this phrase? Anyway... I'm now wondering if this expression was in some way conncected with this latest news, that the crime is now going to be investigated by UK law enforcement.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sun 16 Jun - 1:30

yes Wintabells I also recall that.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sun 16 Jun - 4:32

First of all I want to say I'm only stating my views and I hope I'm wrong.

In my opinion, it seems very strange that all of a sudden, that this case can be investigated in the UK, when for the past 6yrs, the Government have always said they couldn't interfere. In my opinion this could be good news for the McCanns, because it appears that the review has ignored all of the evidence that was found in the McCanns apartment, which showed that Madeleine (according to the PJ) died there. They also appear to have ignored the lies the McCanns told and the way they hindered the case at every opportunity.

According to the media, Scotland Yard are saying that they are keeping the McCanns informed, in my opinion, this doesn't look like any charges will be brought against them, However if I'm wrong and charges are brought against the McCanns, given the fact that the evidence in the files has been ignored,  the most the McCanns can ever be charged with, is what they admitted to the PJ and the media, neglect. However, S.Y. may think that because the McCanns stated they checked regularly, they did enough to ensure their children were safe, therefore the charges will be dropped.

However if the charges are not dropped, you can bet your life nothing will happen to them. Not because they are the McCanns, but because there are many case over here, of children who have been neglected, when their parents have gone to parties or on holiday, leaving them in appalling conditions. These parents have got little more than a slap on the wrist, with their children being taken into care, only to be released back into their parents care, once Social Services have decided the parents have 'learned' their lesson.

Sean and Amelie, will not be taken into care if their parents are deemed irresponsible for leaving they, as well as Madeleine alone, when they went out. Their father will be allowed to carry on with his profession and it won't be long before their mother, resumes her position as a GP. The McCanns will still be able to beg for money, so they can continue with the search for Madeleine, that they never actually started.

Seems like happy days are here again for the McCanns, not that they ever went away, especially for Gerry McCann. He looked positively miserable when he stated on that airport bus, that he was not going on f***ing holiday to enjoy himself. The only time he didn't smile, smirk or laugh, after Madeleine disappeared, was when he was asked questions, that showed how badly he and his wife behaved towards their 3 children.

By the way, the PJ will always be deemed as incompetent, because they have never defended themselves, when they have had mud slung at them. Not just by the media, but by Scotland Yard, always assuming they did say that the PJ refused to reopen the case, even though it wasn't up to the PJ to reopen the case. If S.Y. didn't say the PJ refused to reopen the case, why is the case now being investigated in the UK?

Goncalo Amaral, who stated that the McCanns requested the case was closed, when they were still arguidos, has never said ''hang on a minute, the McCanns requested the case was closed!'' He like the PJ has remained silent.

I feel really sorry for the people of Praia da Luz, including the Portuguese police, who worked their socks off, trying to find Madeleine, while the McCanns carried on with their leisure activities. It can't be easy for them, reading and listening to the unfair criticism that is being hurled towards the PJ, by certain people in the UK, who have a vested interest in making sure the McCanns never face justice, for their part in Madeleine's disappearance.

These good Portuguese people, must also wonder why the PJ are not fighting back.

Last edited by kathybelle on Sun 16 Jun - 5:49; edited 1 time in total
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sun 16 Jun - 4:46

AnnaEsse wrote:Squeaker said:

Hi Squeaker,

I'm sorry, but for some reason, the post I am about to make, is being tagged underneath your post.

The McCanns may have scarpered, the day after the were made arguidos, but they scarpered with the blessing of the Portuguese Judicial system, thanks to the British Government's intervention. The McCanns passports were returned to them and they were given a police escort to the Algarve airport, so they could fly home.

In my opinion, the McCanns arguido status, was nothing more than a paper exercise. If I'm wrong, why did the McCanns not have to stick to the terms of the arguido status? Robert Murat had to stick to the terms of the status and he had been cleared of any involvement into Madeleine's disappearance.

For reasons best known to the McCanns and the British Government, the McCanns needed to be on British soil ASAP. 

I always wondered why the British Government, were so keen to help the McCanns, but were quite happy to see Robert Murat hung out to dry. The British Government could say it was because the McCanns were British subjects, well so was Robert Murat.  Maybe Mr Murat wasn't in on the secret the McCanns and the British Government seem to share, a secret that has allowed the McCanns to escape justice, for their part in Madeleine's disappearance.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Sun 16 Jun - 6:25

http://thesteepletimes.com/the-fog/ms-the-word/

‘M’s’ the word
Theresa May agrees to fund full-scale Met inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Last year, Theresa May hosted a reception with a woman named Lady Meyer in Downing Street. Kate McCann, the mother of Madeleine McCann, who disappeared in 2007, was amongst the guests. Now, it has been claimed that May has agreed to fund a full-scale Metropolitan Police inquiry into the McCann case.
[color][font]

[/font][/color]
Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 3 Kate-McCann-and-cuddle-cat-550
Kate McCann pictured with one of her daughter’s toys

The Metropolitan Police have spent an astonishing £5 million reviewing the disappearance of the three year old in Praia da Luz, Portugal in the last year two years. According to the Mail Online, who state that Portuguese police cannot reopen the case unless there is new evidence due to the country’s laws, Scotland Yard is “tidying up” initial aspects of their inquiries and looking to find “new evidence and perhaps the case being solved”.
[color][font]

[/font][/color]
Mmm… Who said connections aren’t useful?
[color][font]
 [/font][/color]
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 3 Empty ANORAK

Post  Annabel Sun 16 Jun - 6:56

Madeleine McCann: The Met takes over
by Anorak | 15th, June 2013

• Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 3 Facebook-share-button

Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 3 Mccann
MADELEINE McCANN: Anorak’s at-a-glance look at the missing child ion the news:
Sunday Express (front page): “Police hint at New Maddie Breakthrough”
Number of breakthroughs to date: zero. What’s this new one? The paper says detectives have “signalled they are on the brink” of a breakthrough. in the “six year mystery”.
Really? What was said and done?
Daily Mirror: “Madeleine McCann search taken over by Scotland Yard”
Is that important?
It is the most significant development for her parents since their little girl went missing in Praia da Luz, Portugal
The facts:
Scotland Yard is launching a new investigation into the case of missing Madeleine ­McCann…
It is the first time UK police will actively investigate the case. A source close to the family said: “Clearly this is a major development and Kate and Gerry welcome it. It’s a big step forward in finding Madeleine and bringing those responsible to justice. The Met have gone from reviewing the case to fully investigating it which makes it much more likely that this will be solved.”…
Frustrated UK detectives asked Home Secretary Theresa May to fund their own investigation and she agreed.
It is expected to at least double the £5million that has already been spent on the review.
Why would British detectives be any better than the Portuguese ones? Could they be any worse?
Daily Mail:
Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie’s disappearance from Portuguese police after they fail to make a breakthrough in six years
Good news.
It follows a two-year, £5million Met review of her disappearance.
This has identified more than 20 potential suspects and dozens of new leads – but despite the progress made by the review team, the Portuguese authorities have refused to reopen their inquiry. Officials in Portugal say that under the country’s laws they can only reopen the case if there is new evidence, and the new leads do not provide sufficient grounds.
But Met detectives insist their leads could, if properly investigated, result in new evidence and perhaps the case being solved.
Could. If, Perhaps. Is that what the Express means by a “hint”?
Time for a theory:
Last month, the Mail revealed how as part of the review, Yard detectives had flown to Switzerland to probe the movements of one of the country’s most notorious child snatchers, Urs Hans von Aesch.

The 67-year-old was one of many potential suspects dismissed prematurely by Portuguese police.

Von Aesch kidnapped and murdered a five-year-old girl in his native Switzerland less than three months after Madeleine was abducted. He took his own life after killing his victim, who looked remarkably like Maddie.
The Home Office said in a statement:
“The Home Office remains committed to supporting the search for Madeleine McCann and we have always said we would provide the Metropolitan Police with the resources they need to investigate her disappearance.”
Such are the facts…
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 3 Empty Chelsea Hoffman

Post  Annabel Sun 16 Jun - 7:00

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Sun 16 Jun - 7:06

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/407915/Scotland-Yard-s-Madeleine-McCann-squad-get-funding-boost-ready-for-breakthrough?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-uk-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+UK+Feed%29

Scotland Yard's Madeleine McCann squad get funding boost ready for breakthrough

HOME SECRETARY Theresa May has agreed extra funding for police to pursue a full-scale investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, effectively taking over the case from the Portuguese authorities.

By: James Murray
Published: Sun, June 16, 2013

0Comments

Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 3 Gerry-mccann-407915Parents Kate and Gerry McCann are working tirelessly to keep missing Madeleine in the public eye

The astonishing development signals that the Operation Grange squad believes it could at last solve the six-year mystery with the right financialScotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 3 Icon1 backing and effective co-operation with the Portuguese.

It is claimed Metropolitan Police detectives want to focus on 20 potential suspects in the coming months.

Yesterday Scotland Yard issued its strongest statement so far on the two-year, £5million review of evidence, saying: “Our investigative review is ongoing and we are encouraged by the progress we are making.

“We are reviewing a significant number of documents and continue to identify potential lines of inquiry.

“We are in regular contact with Kate and Gerry McCann and they are kept fully updated on the progress of our work.

“We also continue to work closely with the Portuguese police and are actively considering our next steps.”

Operation Grange officers have not denied claims that if they get enough evidence to prosecute a foreign national living overseas they would ask the Portuguese authorities to put the suspect on trial.

It is understood the Yard would ask Portuguese officers to conduct inquiries there while working with the Operation Grange squad on the understanding that all information would be assessed by the London-based team inputting vast amounts of data into their Holmes computer system.

More than 30 officers and support staff are based at Belgravia police ­station under the guidance of Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood.

Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 3 44648Madeleine was three years old when she vanished

Our investigative review is ongoing and we are encouraged by the progress we are making
Scotland Yard

As we revealed earlier this year, statements were not taken from some key witnesses in the original Portuguese investigation.

Yard officers have spoken at length to those witnesses who have given new information, helping them piece together some of the missing pieces of the jigsaw.

Now the squad wants the authority to take full control of the investigation so that all its leads can be thoroughly examined. Last month witness Mario Fernando, 47, urged Yard officers to speak to him about a man he saw lurking near Kate and Gerry’s holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on the Algarve.

Laundryman Mr Fernando said he saw the suspicious, nervous-looking man with big sunglasses on May 2, 2007, the night before their three-year-old daughter Madeleine vanished.

He said last month: “I was at my last collection point near the girl’s flat. It was 7.30pm to 8pm.

“When cleaners cleared sheets they dropped them down the hole in the stairs to be collected by me at the bottom. When I walked down and turned into the hole to get the laundry, I saw the weird guy and we nearly bumped into each other.

“He had a really fat face and had two-tone sunglasses on. They got lighter at the bottom and were big.

“He did not walk away but watched what I did. He stayed there watching me. My theory is that the guy must have been involved.”

Retiring Detective Chief Superintendent Hamish Campbell, head of Scotland Yard’s Homicide and Serious Crime Command, revealed the team’s inquiries had unearthed “a lot of ­people who could be explored further if only to be eliminated”.

Related articles

Last edited by Annabel on Sun 16 Jun - 7:08; edited 1 time in total
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sun 16 Jun - 7:08

I still think that the Mccanns will get away Scott free.  It will be pinned onto a dead paedo, maybe Hewlett!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next