Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry

+33
margaret
malena stool
rainbow-fairy
Lillyofthevalley
jeanmonroe
chrissie
mossman
kitti
AnnaEsse
interested
tanszi
Angelina
dutchclogs
fred
fuzeta
MaryB
Wintabells
Bobsy
Loopdaloop
mara thon
Annabel
weissnicht
Lioned
JOHNFRANCIS
squeaker
bill516
Badboy
Chris
Claudia79
comperedna
almostgothic
matthew
keepingmum
37 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 6 Empty Re: Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry

Post  interested Tue 18 Jun - 0:24

margaret wrote:I just can't see a whitewash happening now IMO, moving the case over here is to catch certain people and no others.  No need for the extradition lawyers now!

Imagine you were a tapas member, you thought you were safe and would never have to go back to Portugal but now the case which is never going to go away is in the UK.  How would you feel.....?

I just hope this bunch have not applied to emigrate ahead of being questioned.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 6 Empty Re: Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry

Post  kathybelle Tue 18 Jun - 0:47

Panda wrote:
kathybelle wrote:I wonder if the Scotland Yard team, who will now be investigating Madeleine's disappearance, will be the same team (minus Hamish Campbell), who have been conducting the review for the past couple of years. If they are the same team, I don't hold much hope of Madeleine getting the justice she deserves.

By the way, I don't call my comments negative, my comments are based on facts. The facts are, the review team, who consisted of homicide officers as well as other officers, have had in their possession the files, which contained enough proof that the McCanns played a major part in Madeleine's disappearance. The review team have dismissed all of the evidence and focused their attention on a couple of dead paedophiles, who had been eliminated from the enquiry whilst still alive and cleaners.

Hi kathybelle , I said I thought this was a breakthrough and I hope I am right. The 20 "suspects" is a smokescreen . SY would certainly not be spending any nore money , neither would Theresa May be giving permission....she was the one who only wanted a scope. The Detectives in Portugal had access to all the PJ Files, Metodo 3 files who claimed in an interview with ABC ES, the Spanish subsidiary of the Guardian that they never received the money quoted in the British Press.

Hi Panda

I really do hope you're right and the 20 "suspects" are a smokescreen. I also hope that this time, the McCanns and the Tapas 7, including the mother-in-law of one of the group are taken in for questioning. If Scotland Yard want to do a thorough job, then they have to question all of this group, starting with the McCanns. After all Scotland Yard only have the McCanns word that Madeleine was abducted, not forgetting the fact that the McCanns never searched for Madeleine, as well as the lies they told.

Also some of us have spoken to police officers who have stated that the McCanns are involved with Madeleine's disappearance, but they can't say anything more. I wonder how many of the police officers who have conducted the review and are now investigating the case, privately think the same as the police officers, we have spoken to.

My daughter's neighbour was telling me that her friend who is a lawyer, has followed the case and she says the McCanns are guilty guilty guilty. There must be thousands and thousands of people, up and down the UK, who think the same, unfortunately, like us there is nothing they can do about it. The only thing they can do, is what we do, voice their opinions on a message board.

In the past, certain members of the McCanns family have been very vocal in their support of Kate and Gerry, but if they have one ounce of intelligence, they must know that Kate and Gerry are not innocent. I've not seen hide nor hair of these family members for a long time, one would be thinking they would be jumping for joy and very vocal again to the media, now the investigation is being conducted in the UK, by Scotland Yard. Maybe the reason they're not, is because they are thinking that Kate and Gerry's days of freedom, are coming to an end.

By the way, what's happened to Clarence? I haven't seen hide nor hair of him for ages. I would have thought he would have been speaking to the media, on the McCanns behalf.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 18 Jun - 1:06

kathybelle wrote:
Panda wrote:
kathybelle wrote:I wonder if the Scotland Yard team, who will now be investigating Madeleine's disappearance, will be the same team (minus Hamish Campbell), who have been conducting the review for the past couple of years. If they are the same team, I don't hold much hope of Madeleine getting the justice she deserves.

By the way, I don't call my comments negative, my comments are based on facts. The facts are, the review team, who consisted of homicide officers as well as other officers, have had in their possession the files, which contained enough proof that the McCanns played a major part in Madeleine's disappearance. The review team have dismissed all of the evidence and focused their attention on a couple of dead paedophiles, who had been eliminated from the enquiry whilst still alive and cleaners.

Hi kathybelle , I said I thought this was a breakthrough and I hope I am right. The 20 "suspects" is a smokescreen . SY would certainly not be spending any nore money , neither would Theresa May be giving permission....she was the one who only wanted a scope. The Detectives in Portugal had access to all the PJ Files, Metodo 3 files who claimed in an interview with ABC ES, the Spanish subsidiary of the Guardian that they never received the money quoted in the British Press.

Hi Panda

I really do hope you're right and the 20 "suspects" are a smokescreen. I also hope that this time, the McCanns and the Tapas 7, including the mother-in-law of one of the group are taken in for questioning. If Scotland Yard want to do a thorough job, then they have to question all of this group, starting with the McCanns. After all Scotland Yard only have the McCanns word that Madeleine was abducted, not forgetting the fact that the McCanns never searched for Madeleine, as well as the lies they told.

Also some of us have spoken to police officers who have stated that the McCanns are involved with Madeleine's disappearance, but they can't say anything more. I wonder how many of the police officers who have conducted the review and are now investigating the case, privately think the same as the police officers, we have spoken to.

My daughter's neighbour was telling me that her friend who is a lawyer, has followed the case and she says the McCanns are guilty guilty guilty. There must be thousands and thousands of people, up and down the UK, who think the same, unfortunately, like us there is nothing they can do about it. The only thing they can do, is what we do, voice their opinions on a message board.

In the past, certain members of the McCanns family have been very vocal in their support of Kate and Gerry, but if they have one ounce of intelligence, they must know that Kate and Gerry are not innocent.  I've not seen hide nor hair of these family members for a long time, one would be thinking they would be jumping for joy and very vocal again to the media, now the investigation is being conducted in the UK, by Scotland Yard.  Maybe the reason they're not, is because they are thinking that Kate and Gerry's days of freedom, are coming to an end.

By the way, what's happened to Clarence? I haven't seen hide nor hair of him for ages. I would have thought he would have been speaking to the media, on the McCanns behalf.

I think Clarence is now keeping his distance. Don't forget the SY team in Portugal would have had access to the phone calls which were considered an invasion of privacy by the Portugese Court when the Prosecutor asked if they could be used in evidence. Seems several Members , myself included have been talking to the Police who think the McCanns are guilty ....we shall see.!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 18 Jun - 1:19

interested wrote:
margaret wrote:I just can't see a whitewash happening now IMO, moving the case over here is to catch certain people and no others.  No need for the extradition lawyers now!

Imagine you were a tapas member, you thought you were safe and would never have to go back to Portugal but now the case which is never going to go away is in the UK.  How would you feel.....?

I just hope this bunch have not applied to emigrate ahead of being questioned.

Hi Interested

Nothing would surprise me, where this group are concerned, I just hope their phones are being tapped.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 18 Jun - 1:23

Panda wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
Panda wrote:

Hi Panda

In the past, certain members of the McCanns family have been very vocal in their support of Kate and Gerry, but if they have one ounce of intelligence, they must know that Kate and Gerry are not innocent.  I've not seen hide nor hair of these family members for a long time, one would be thinking they would be jumping for joy and very vocal again to the media, now the investigation is being conducted in the UK, by Scotland Yard.  Maybe the reason they're not, is because they are thinking that Kate and Gerry's days of freedom, are coming to an end.

I think Clarence is now keeping his distance. Don't forget the SY team in Portugal would have had access to the phone calls which were considered an invasion of privacy by the Portugese Court when the Prosecutor asked if they could be used in evidence. Seems several Members , myself included have been talking to the Police who think the McCanns are guilty ....we shall see.!!!

Panda, If you've forgotten what Clarence looks like, here's a photo of him.

http://news.images.itv.com/image/file/27397/article_7a0724a777f47a96_1336475222_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

Here's an even better one of him.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rCZi8GaX7fE/TjiQxZexhWI/AAAAAAAAAIw/3nCZyC7pl9Y/s1600/Clarence+Mitchell+2010+spin.png

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 18 Jun - 1:33

Very flattering kathybelle, in the first one he looks p***ed off and the second one he looks p***ed. LOL

I will bid you goodnight,,,or morning and see if tomorrow brings some interesting news...note the Book hasn't been published yet,!!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 18 Jun - 7:24

His syrup looks like an old thatched roof that hasn't been re thatched for 10 years in the second pic.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 18 Jun - 9:26

kitti wrote:His syrup looks like an old thatched roof that hasn't  been re thatched for 10 years in the second pic.

Morning kitti.....uum, what's a syrup???LOL
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 18 Jun - 10:01

Scotland Yard actively investigating Madeleine McCann case

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2013/06/17/scotland-yard-actively-investigating-madeleine-mccann-case/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl14%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D187644

By Kelly Rose Bradford , Jun 17, 2013
Filed under: 

Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 6 MccannsPA

Scotland Yard are launching a new investigation into the case of missing Madeleine McCann, six years after her disappearance in Portugal.

The Mirror reports that Home Office officials confirmed they will be funding a multi-million-pound investigation into what happened to the little girl, who vanished on a family holiday just before her fourth birthday in 2007.

The announcement came yesterday, and is said to be not only a significant development, but the first time police in the UK have 'actively' investigated the case.

A source close to the McCann family told reporters that it was a 'major development' for Kate and Gerry.

"It's a big step forward in finding Madeleine and bringing those responsible to justice," he said. "The Met have gone from reviewing the case to fully investigating it which makes it much more likely that this will be solved."

The Portuguese authorities have refused to reopen their investigations into Madeleine's alleged abduction on the basis there is insufficient evidence, yet after conducting a two year review, Scotland Yard say they have identified more than 20 potential suspects, including Britons and at least two known sex offenders.

Detectives are said to now be looking to investigate and question those identified during the review, and if the alleged abductor is found to be British, a UK prosecution could follow.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said they are 'encouraged' by the progress they are now making, and that they are continuing to 'identify potential lines of inquiry'.

The McCanns' spokesman Clarence Mitchell said they would not be commenting on 'operational police matters'.
Unquote

It seems like Mitchell is reverting back to 2007 speak, with his, 'Operational Police Matters' comment....
If it is the pink one who is speaking, not just Dr Gerry doing his interpretation of a spokesperson after his attempt at passing himself off as a canine forensics expert.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 18 Jun - 10:13

Thanks malena......"multi million pound"? Havn't they spent enough of Taxpayers money already???

Noticably the McCanns have not commented, and Clarence didn't have much to say.

Let's see what happens next, none of the other papers have commented so far.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 18 Jun - 10:51

Panda wrote:Thanks malena......"multi million pound"? Havn't they spent enough of Taxpayers money already???

Just a couple of months ago, the McCanns were quoted as being happy with the work the MET were doing, but now Clarrie isn't commenting on "operational police matters." Clarrie wouldn't be commenting on the progress of the investigation by simply saying the McCanns were happy with developments, would he?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 18 Jun - 11:21

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:Thanks malena......"multi million pound"? Havn't they spent enough of Taxpayers money already???

Just a couple of months ago, the McCanns were quoted as being happy with the work the MET were doing, but now Clarrie isn't commenting on "operational police matters." Clarrie wouldn't be commenting on the progress of the investigation by simply saying the McCanns were happy with developments, would he?  

No he wouldn't Anna which is why it is an odd thing to say. I am cautiously optimistic about this development.

@Panda A 'syrup' is a wig. Syrup of figs = wig Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 6 294124
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 18 Jun - 11:28

Panda wrote:
kitti wrote:His syrup looks like an old thatched roof that hasn't  been re thatched for 10 years in the second pic.

Morning kitti.....uum, what's a syrup???LOL

Syrup fig........wig!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 18 Jun - 15:45

chrissie wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

No he wouldn't Anna which is why it is an odd thing to say.  I am cautiously optimistic about this development.

@Panda A 'syrup' is a wig.  Syrup of figs = wig  Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 6 294124 Are you a cockney chrissieLOL???
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 18 Jun - 15:49

One area that could and should be investigated if indeed the controls are back in the UK is the Fund. I am interested to see if any investigations go in that direction. It is surely no longer untouchable, if the Met are in charge.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 18 Jun - 15:54

Panda wrote:
chrissie wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

No he wouldn't Anna which is why it is an odd thing to say.  I am cautiously optimistic about this development.

@Panda A 'syrup' is a wig.  Syrup of figs = wig  Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 6 294124 Are you a cockney chrissieLOL???

No Panda lol! But I do know a bit of rhyming slang Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 6 294124
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 18 Jun - 15:58

mossman wrote:One area that could and should be investigated if indeed the controls are back in the UK is the Fund.  I am interested to see if any investigations go in that direction.  It is surely no longer untouchable, if the Met are in charge.

I really do hope that the fund is investigated. Unbelievable that they have continued to beg for money when millons have been spent by SY over the last couple of years on the review and now more will be spent on the investigation.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Tue 18 Jun - 23:58

McCanns and 'friends' to 'be arrested' on or about this date?

9 September 2013: trial date set for Andy Coulson and Rebekah Brooks

What better way to 'distract', with a 'HUGE World EXCLUSIVE', from Camerons REAL bestest friends Rebekah and Charlie and Camerons 'mate' Andy?
If KM thinks RB is her bestest friend then she had better think again.
The McS have served their purpose. (high volume sales)
NI will 'expose' them.
Brooks or McS?
I think not Brooks!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/phone-hacking/8668650/Phone-hacking-Sara-Payne-targeted-on-phone-given-as-gift-by-Rebekah-Brooks.html

Sara Payne naively thought that until RB gave her a very 'special' phone, which was possibly hacked by RB's 'cronies' within minutes of Sara receiving it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/9-september-trial-date-set-for-andy-coulson-and-rebekah-brooks-8650222.html

The trail of News International's former chief executive Rebekah Brooks, her husband Charles, the former News of the World editor and Downing Street communications chief, Andy Coulson, and others linked to an alleged illegal phone hacking conspiracy, and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice, will begin on 9 September.Mrs Brooks, a former editor of the Sun who was promoted to run Rupert Murdoch's UK print business till shortly after the closure of the NOTW, will appear with eight others in the first of a series of related trials.
The initial trial will be held at the Old Bailey and is expected to last at least three months, with the other trails potentially reaching into April next year.
The trial date was given at South Crown Court and ordered by the judge who will hear all the hacking-related trials, Mr Justice Saunders.

Yep, i reckon about that date will be the BIG news, and it won't be about RB and AC.
McCanns don't have 'stuff' on BHH, T May and Cameron, unlike, imo, NI do have!
Who'd you think is going to be the 'headliners' when NI (Sky News, The Sun, and the many other titles they control, around the world) start reporting on 9th Sept 2013 on a 'conspiracy to pervert the course of justice' trial?

My money is on the McS and friends rather than RB and AC and their friends.

ETA; This is just a theory of mine, Gerry, before you go running off to CR to sue me.

Last edited by jeanmonroe on Wed 19 Jun - 10:34; edited 2 times in total
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 19 Jun - 6:11

jeanmonroe........that is the second time I have read that Rebekah Brooks et al are too big to go to prison , but there was a Politician who served a Jail sentence, can't remember his name now .

I think if justice is not seen to be done, there will be a massive outcry from the Public and Press.  The Parliamentary Commission has just announced that Directors of Banks should be jailed for knowingly being part of the Libor Crisis and their Banks' practices , especially RBS which had to be bailed out by the Government.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 19 Jun - 9:30

I agree with what you say Panda, but there is a world of difference between the sort of 'Jail Time' the likes of Brooks and Co could do and that which you or I would do. Hulme for instance spent just a few weeks in a 'prison' with more facilities and comforts available to him than perhaps the average person has in their own home.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Wed 19 Jun - 10:16

exactly Margret what would be the point of spending more money on this case when SY could have quite easily have come back from the Review and say no new evidence case closed.

the McCanns have never been so quiet, and the tapas friends must be very worried, more then they have ever been imo.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Wed 19 Jun - 10:18

Morning panda, good post.....imo if Brooks et el were not going to be punished or not going to prison then they would have never been arrested in the first place, or certainly never charged.....

Justice will be served......topped with cream ;)
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  rainbow-fairy Thu 20 Jun - 0:23

Have I done a Rip van Winkle and spent the last six years asleep? Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 6 680495
McCann's 'rightly eliminated' from inquiry? What???
I'm 100% certain that isn't what the Archiving Report says (or Leicestershire Police for that matter)
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Female
Number of posts : 15
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 20 Jun - 9:00

rainbow-fairy wrote:Have I done a Rip van Winkle and spent the last six years asleep? Scotland Yard takes over the enquiry - Page 6 680495
McCann's 'rightly eliminated' from inquiry? What???
I'm 100% certain that isn't what the Archiving Report says (or Leicestershire Police for that matter)

Have you the link for that rainbow-fairy?
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 20 Jun - 14:15

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2342030/Madeline-McCann-Scotland-Yard-takes-inquiry-Maddies-disappearance-Portuguese-police.html

This dreadful article uses the words "rightly eliminated" - quoting an unnamed "authoritative source".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next