Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone remember...

+15
AnnaEsse
Lillyofthevalley
Wintabells
susible
kathybelle
DavidA
tanszi
Lioned
Keela
Karen
margaret
joyce1938
chrissie1
ProfessorPlum
wjk
19 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Does anyone remember... - Page 4 Empty Re: Does anyone remember...

Post  susible Sat 10 Aug - 18:36

OMG lol! I hadn't actually read the article, and it matches my theory about the handprints being transferred onto a heart plate, masquerading as Madeleine's last gift to her doting granny...specifically designed to tug at the heartstrings (pun intended) of the audience..who will then hopefully hit the donate button on the Mc's website again

Ahh the marketing ploys of the McCanns, it would be brilliant if it wasn't so tragic, and that a little girl disappeared without a trace..
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :
Does anyone remember... - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Does anyone remember... - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 10 Aug - 18:38

Iris wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2386780/Why-heart-shaped-plate-leave-pocket-Customers-tip-restaurants-served-love-symbol.html

Does anyone remember... - Page 4 Article-2386780-1B3384EE000005DC-137_634x537
Does anyone remember... - Page 4 MadeprintsDM1910_468x367
Does anyone remember... - Page 4 9480959660_95e8c3673a
Same shade of pink and everything.  I don't think it's the exact same plate because the one Ma Healy is holding up has a wee pattern round the rim.  A pre-printed pattern, not made by a child, it is far too even and exact.  And therefore even more unlikely to have been knocked up at a nursery or in a ceramics café IMHO.
It's those very exact and spaced out metacarpals that look most odd to me, especially the middle finger on both hands. There is such a gap between the palm and the first metacarpal that the fingers look detached. I've never seen palm prints ending up looking like that, so well spaced and exact.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Does anyone remember... - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Does anyone remember... - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Sat 10 Aug - 21:12

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 10 Aug - 21:24

susible wrote:I think I might have sussed the plate thing or rather the unlikelihood of a ceramic plate being used.  On closer examination, the white heart shape with the handprints, actually looks like a piece of paper that's been cut into the shape of the heart plate as it is not 100% equal on all sides and the dips of the hearts don't match up.  It'sthen been stuck onto the plate, which means that the handprints were probably just done on plain paper.  I think the inscription was probably added after the event

Of course the back story still makes no sense, but assuming it's not the most truthful of versions (as if lol) and the nursery handprints were brought from Rothley to Granny after Madeleine's disappearance, Ma Healy has cut it out, stuck it on the heart plate, neatly inscribed with Madeleine's message to her...voila heart wrenching photo of bereft grandmother with her grandchild's last gift to her, presented in true team mccann style as this fairytale type scenario, that on the surface most people would not question..they all just go "Awwwww..poor things"  mission accomplished..

Does Ma Healy know, yes, I think she probably does.
Well done that man/woman there is just something that doesn't sit right with that plate! And for what's its worth I think Ma Healy is well in on it IMO.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 10 Aug - 21:34

Wintabells wrote:http://www.cheekylittleprintsandgifts.co.uk/ceramics1/heart-plate-ceramic-keepsake-kit-2/

I reckon it's a kit. From somewhere like here ^
I've just read the details and it looks likely!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 11 Aug - 13:20

I've been reminded of the heart-shaped photo of a pop singer which, at great expense many years ago as a child - okay, all it cost was the postage and several packet tops from cornflakes - I sent away for and could hardly wait for it to be delivered.

Cheap, nasty and tacky.

Sorry, I really can't think what has made me associate that with everything about the McCanns.........
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 11 Aug - 13:28

So not much change from 30 quid by the time you put the postage on. And we are expected to believe that they just give them out at nursery? I don't think so!
And when Kate is buying her own tops from Asda and clothing from Gap for Maddie is an "extravagance", we are expected to believe that they are going to squander thirty quid on a plate for Granny? I don't think so!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 11 Aug - 13:45

It could off been done on a paper plate then THEY had it copied onto the ceramic plate.

But the posing really gets me.....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sun 11 Aug - 14:26

[quote="kitti"]It could off been done on a paper plate then THEY had it copied onto the ceramic plate.

But the posing really gets me.....[/quote]

I know...me too! It seems like it about 'her' and Madeleine is an after thought.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Sun 11 Aug - 16:29

AnnaEsse wrote:
Iris wrote:Is this the one kitti?

Does anyone remember... - Page 4 MadeprintsDM1910_468x367

ETA You're absolutely right!  It's a dark photograph, but I blew it up to 250% and lightened it and Maddie's hair IS dark in the pendant picture!

Does anyone remember... - Page 4 9458920648_8a3aa43c78
There is a very active debate about this on the "Controversy" Facebook page. Good questions being asked, imo, and a few simply suggesting that questions are inappropriate about a grieving grandma.

I decided to have a look at this and observe and ask questions about it here.

The writing seems to have been done first because the handprints look as though they are fitted around it.

The phalanges of the fingers are curiously separate and distinct. That surely wouldn't happen if the child pressed her hand onto paint. Was paint applied with a brush, leaving spaces at the joints?

The fingers of the left hand are poker straight, while those of the right curve and they curve neatly parallel to each other. This curve helps the print to fit onto the plate around the writing. The palm is straight. I can't get my fingers to curve while my palm is flat on a surface. I've experimented. If I curve my fingers like that, they won't lie straight against a surface and my palm won't lie flat either. Perhaps it's different with a small child's hand. I'll ask my two grandsons tomorrow to try it out.

Both little fingers look compressed. I don't know how that happens and the print still shows fingers flat against a surface. The third joint of the little finger of the left hand is just neatly not there. Again will ask my two test subjects.
De javu... only Maddie is worth to hang on the locker...just like Oldfield 'checked on Madeleine' ..I smell a rat..sorry PR
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Sun 11 Aug - 18:36

Just occasionally I get to thinking again about a hoax... and this kind of thread mkes me do so.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4