Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Maddie ' found in Greece

+26
Lioned
almostgothic
wjk
pennylane
AnnaEsse
jinvta
widowan
mossman
frencheuropean
oversoon
LJC
interested
comperedna
mara thon
chrissie
pipstar1
kitti
malena stool
Keela
Badboy
chrissie1
fred
Bebootje
margaret
keepingmum
cass
30 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

'Maddie ' found in Greece - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  Guest Sat 19 Oct - 13:28

'Maddie ' found in Greece - Page 2 371436 

http://news.sky.com/story/1156588/mystery-blonde-girl-greece-charity-in-appeal

Not a mention of a possible similarity to that of the Ben Needham case, only that of Madeleine.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sat 19 Oct - 13:44

[quote="kitti"]
Iris wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:I know we can't be expected to know of every child that goes missing in Europe but does anyone know of a publicised case that might have something to do with this little girl?
Lisa Irwin is the only one I can think of, but that's the USA.  She'd be about the right age and there does seem to be some slight facial resemblance, around the jaws and chin -

'Maddie ' found in Greece - Page 2 99379272-lisa

She dead Iris.....cadaver dogs hit on a scent In the parents bedroom near the bed....[/quote]

Don't be silly Kitti, the dogs are notoriously wrong dontcha know? 'Maddie ' found in Greece - Page 2 306321 

I agree there should be more connection with Ben, it almost confirms what Kerry was saying from the start of bens abduction. Saw on Twitter that Kerrys daughter, Leanne i think she is called, was on Sky news, but didn't actually see it
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
'Maddie ' found in Greece - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100'Maddie ' found in Greece - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 19 Oct - 14:17

Lioned wrote:How is it known this girl is 4 and how long does it take to do a dna test (not long i guess) but presumably if the 'adoptive' parents agreed or maybe didnt to the tests that may mean this story has been brewing for a while.
Anyway who/what is the source of this story ?

I wonder if Lord Justice Leveson considers this to be ethical press behaviour.

So many questions and so few answers but what is for sure is the manipulation of a missing childs name has reached a critically uncomfortable phase which surely needs some intervention from the Government.

Good questions, Lioned. I think those DNA tests can take some time. I'd also ask what alerted he police because so far all I've seen is "Police found..." How did they find her there? What alerted them?

I've just heard on Radio 4 that the Greek police have had thousands of phone calls about this child.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
'Maddie ' found in Greece - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100'Maddie ' found in Greece - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 19 Oct - 14:19

According to the Sky link I posted just now, the girl was found during a drugs raid on the camp.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 19 Oct - 14:22

Not Born Yesterday wrote:According to the Sky link I posted just now, the girl was found during a drugs raid on the camp.
Thanks Haven't checked Sky News yet!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 19 Oct - 14:51

kitti wrote:
Iris wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:I know we can't be expected to know of every child that goes missing in Europe but does anyone know of a publicised case that might have something to do with this little girl?
Lisa Irwin is the only one I can think of, but that's the USA.  She'd be about the right age and there does seem to be some slight facial resemblance, around the jaws and chin -

'Maddie ' found in Greece - Page 2 99379272-lisa

She dead Iris.....cadaver dogs hit on a scent In the parents bedroom near the bed....
Yes Kitti, they did, but the police there have kept the case open and believe that she's still alive. A debit card was also stolen and has since been used on a web site that supplies fake birth certificates.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 19 Oct - 14:53

Not Born Yesterday wrote:'Maddie ' found in Greece - Page 2 371436 

Not a mention of a possible similarity to that of the Ben Needham case, only that of Madeleine.  
Yes, they missed a MASSIVE opportunity to showcase Ben Needham, it even happened in the same country! Why didn't they???
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 19 Oct - 15:02

Iris wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:'Maddie ' found in Greece - Page 2 371436 

Yes, they missed a MASSIVE opportunity to showcase Ben Needham, it even happened in the same country!  Why didn't they???
There is on the web site and I think Ben's case is a lot more relevant than Maddie's On the right of this page is an interview with Ben's sister.

http://news.sky.com/

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie1 Sat 19 Oct - 15:52

So this girl has been found and nobody was actually looking for her, so why hasn't Maddie been found when all the world and their dog has been looking for her
chrissie1
chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 19 Oct - 16:48

Irwin didn't report the card missing or cancel it ....

It was used a month after she went missing.

Red herring me thinks .

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 19 Oct - 20:36

There's a video with Ben Needham's mum on Sky News now. She's shaking and very fragile after all these years. The video is about half way down the page, with a little photo of Ben. Text reads, "Girl Find Offers Needham Mum Hope"

http://news.sky.com/
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 19 Oct - 21:02

I'm pleased to see that the BBC is focussing on Ben Needham's family and hope and not the McCanns. "Girl's discovery gives Ben Needham family 'great hope'"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-24597250
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sat 19 Oct - 21:14

I've been thinking a lot about this poor little girl who was "found" in Greece. I suppose if she has been with these "parents" for some time, now that she has been "rescued", she probably feels that she has been "abducted". Poor little girl must be feeling wounded/traumatized.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Sat 19 Oct - 21:18

chrissie1 wrote:So this girl has been found and nobody was actually looking for her, so why hasn't Maddie been found when all the world and their dog has been looking for her

You know it seems that missing people are almost always found by chance, especially when they have been missing a long time. It is almost never some concentrated effort that is responsible for finding the missing person, such as Jaycee Dugard, Elizabeth Smart, and the 3 woman in Ohio.

If someone were to snatch a child to order, why not go for a single mum who wished she never had the kid in the first place? (I am definitely not implying all single mums are like this!). Just saying that why not take a kid, whom the parent probably couldn't be bothered to try and find anyway - e.g. Casey Anthony. Some partier who would rather be partying with friends than looking after her own kid.

I really hope that they find this little girl's family, or if the family never even bothered to find her, then maybe a new family that will lover her as their own. She is just adorable, but looks like she could use some love. I bet that thousands of people have offered to take her in.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 19 Oct - 21:25

chrissie1 wrote:So this girl has been found and nobody was actually looking for her, so why hasn't Maddie been found when all the world and their dog has been looking for her
The secret here chrissie, is the canine evidence of Eddie and Keela points to the fact she will never be found. But these are hard factual pieces of forensic evidence and so they will be ignored in favour of inconsistent, biased, unproven and blatantly inappropriate friends witness evidence.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 20 Oct - 0:41

A lawyer for the Roma couple, Marietta Palavra, claimed on Saturday night that Maria's mother had given the youngster up at birth.

She said: "We're talking about a woman who could not raise this child and who gave it to the couple in 2009 through a third party shortly after her birth."

Her colleague Konstantinos Katsavos, who also represents the couple, added: "There has been no kidnapping, no robbery, no trafficking. They did not buy the child."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 20 Oct - 7:04

"The girl is more at peace" than when police took her away from the camp, he said. "For the first time she is with people who care for her."

I think we're seeing a lot of prejudice against Roma. A relative of the man who has been arrested says Maria was well looked after and well-loved. This may or may not be true, but I think any small child of around 4 would be rather distressed by a police raid and being taken from those she knows. I think we're seeing judgments in the press based on what this child looks like. To me, she looks no worse than children I've seen with travelers here in England and the press should leave off making assessments based on what their nice little middle-class offspring would look like: all clean and tidy and dressed in Gap clothes.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 20 Oct - 7:18

Who found this girl?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 20 Oct - 7:27

kitti wrote:Who found this girl?
I believe the police found her in the course of a drugs raid. She was apparently hiding under bed clothes. This may have been because the "parents" were hiding her because she was "stolen," or it may have been because she was terrified by the chaos that drugs police might have been causing in her house.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 20 Oct - 7:30

Do they have benefits in Greece?

She does look like she needs a good bath though I must say but i don't believe she was stolen....

And her hair does look lighter than she was when she was 2.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 20 Oct - 13:05

They don't even pay the wages of their civil servants at the moment in Greece! My hairdresser is Greek (and blonde, btw) and she sends half her pay home to help keep her parents and little brothers. Her father works for a public ministry in Greece and he hasn't received his full pay for nine months now. So I can't see anybody stealing or "adopting" kids for money, because there isn't any money!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 20 Oct - 17:30

THE POLICE WERE SUSPICIOUS BECAUSE PARENTS WERE DARK HAIRED BUT SHE WAS BLONDE.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Sun 20 Oct - 23:14

There are blonde Greek people, but amongst Roma gypsies it is more rare I believe. And the DNA does not match and ITV are saying they spruced up her bedroom before the cameras got there, and formerly it was a bare room with no light bulb but when cameras got there, there were toys and a working light. Not sure how that was known but am guessing the police perhaps saw the room before the photographs of it were taken, or someone who knows the family has seen the room before the cameras. If the police found her hiding under bed sheets could be it was her room, so they witnessed the state of it.

The parents are claiming she was given to them by a penniless Bulgarian woman I think, when she was only 5 days old. The police are examining the paperwork they have for all their other children.

Why would gypsies, not very well off themselves, want so many children?

My own view is that she was not abducted and may have been given away by a desperate woman, but still the gypsies need to explain why they have so many children.

Could they have wanted to sell her on? Get a child for next to nothing and then make a big profit?
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 20 Oct - 23:54

THEY HAD 14 BIRTH CERTIFICATES FOR 4 CHILDREN
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next