Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times

+37
widowan
MaryB
malena stool
mossman
fuzeta
tanszi
Chris
kitti
Lioned
jinvta
flower
AnnaEsse
winjoy
wjk
chrissie1
quickfingers
Roasted Arizona
jejune
frencheuropean
dazedandconfused
margaret
princess_leia
Panda
wantthetruth
cass
pennylane
Annabel
SteveT
Claudia79
keepingmum
Krisy22
Justiceforallkids
marxman
Christine
James
jeanmonroe
Badboy
41 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times

Post  widowan Sun 27 Oct - 3:24

Panda wrote:Morning all ...I just copied the Times ready to post the bit they would allow and you are already up and running Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 294124 

First of all, I think the very first outfit to search for Madeleine was Control Risk and maybe the Government paid . If they were the Firm that drew the e-fit I would think it was given to the McCanns, who in turn gave it to Oakley who did nothing about it. Murdoch has picked his moment , the day before Rebekah Brooks appears in Court. The first time I have read about the McCanns in The Times. Murdoch has been sitting on this info for quite a while I suspect, choosing the right moment,  This way he gets his own back on the McCanns for paying them £200,000 for serialisation rights to Kate's book before he realised what a load of old codswallop it was and didn't result in extra sales. Then he resents the way the McCanns used the Sun to get to Cameron to review the case , then Gerry tops it all by joining that group demanding Press regulation.Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 944533 
The whole article is already here, it says that the guy who used to run MI5, was a subcontractor to Oakley at Halligen. Exton? He recognized his efits on Crimewatch and spilled the beans that this wasn't a new discovery by SY, it was HIS WORK - and McCanns' lawyers had reminded him of his confidentiality agreement when he turned the report in - he gave it to Halligen and they got it, but they got all pissed off because it was critical of them and their anomalies. Ha.

I can imagine Murdoch resents Gerry demanding press regulation and taking £200k off him. I just hope Exton doesn't get sued because of this. It's time someone told the truth.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times

Post  widowan Sun 27 Oct - 3:32

jinvta wrote:OMG! I can hardly believe that I am reading this! The press are going to have a field day! McCanns suppress information that is hightly critical of them just to keep money rolling into the fund! Now we finally know why the McCanns did not sue Halligen. Oakley International seem to have come to the same conclusions as the PJ. The McCanns were not even cooperating with their own private investigators.

One mistake I believe in the article is that Smith now believes that the man he saw was not Gerry. I think it is just that he is not 100% sure that it is Gerry, so does not want to point fingers. His latest official statement was "I would be 60-80% sure that it was Gerard McCann that I met that night carrying a child." I find it very hard to believe that the 60-80% most likely Gerry would suddenly turn into 100% sure not Gerry.
I wondered about that too. Why did they not sue Halligen when they'd given him so much money and they supposedly got ripped off - although they never said that, we just heard that he was in jail for something else, being extradited - when they were clearly so litigious towards everyone else why'd they let him skip - and I also had wondered what ever happened to this top group of spies that Clarence had waxed lyrical about, that had top MI5 and CIA people in it. That was Oakley and their subcontractors. They just seemed to go nowhere. At the time I didn't believe they existed, that Halligen was just another putz in an office that they were making it up about MI 5 to make it look like they were using the fund for the real purpose. But those guys were real and they were on to something and McCanns shut them down!

Do you think they did not sue Halligen in case this report would come out and he would say "Hey, I delivered what I was paid for and here it is" - because he did not pay Exton and those guys, that's fraud I guess you could say, but that is between him and Exton. I think McCanns had to settle with Exton outside of what they paid Oakley for the report, to keep them shut up. Although it doesn't seem to have worked because he spilled the beans to the Times.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 27 Oct - 3:33

It was Kennedy who hired the private detectives...Kennedy assumed that the mccanns had nothing to do with madeleines disappearance and I bet when THIS information was found and the mccanns never followed it up.....he got thinking and that's when he withdrew his support.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Sun 27 Oct - 3:35

Panda wrote:Morning all ...I just copied the Times ready to post the bit they would allow and you are already up and running Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 294124 

First of all, I think the very first outfit to search for Madeleine was Control Risk and maybe the Government paid . If they were the Firm that drew the e-fit I would think it was given to the McCanns, who in turn gave it to Oakley who did nothing about it. Murdoch has picked his moment , the day before Rebekah Brooks appears in Court. The first time I have read about the McCanns in The Times. Murdoch has been sitting on this info for quite a while I suspect, choosing the right moment,  This way he gets his own back on the McCanns for paying them £200,000 for serialisation rights to Kate's book before he realised what a load of old codswallop it was and didn't result in extra sales. Then he resents the way the McCanns used the Sun to get to Cameron to review the case , then Gerry tops it all by joining that group demanding Press regulation.Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 944533 
EARLY bird gets the worm!
Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 929468 Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 929468 Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 929468 
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Sun 27 Oct - 3:39

widowan,

I just remember at the time that everyone was wondering why the McCanns were not suing Halligen. I guess that everyone just assumed that Halligen was not performing his duties, as was with the other cased that he was indicted for. Of course the McCanns couldn't sue Halligen, as he had dirt on them, dirt that could not be aired to the public. I also think it is a possibility that Halligen either got paid to keep quiet, or only performed a portion of their services (e.g. 3 of 6 months), but were given full pay to keep their mouths shut. Interesting times ahead!
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sun 27 Oct - 3:43

kitti wrote:It was Kennedy who hired the private detectives...Kennedy assumed that the mccanns had nothing to do with madeleines disappearance and I bet when THIS information was found and the mccanns never followed it up.....he got thinking and that's when he withdrew his support.
OMG

I didn't realize Kennedy hired those guys. Let me look in kate's book for if she mentions who hired Halligen. She said they paid him out of the Fund I believe ... if Kennedy paid for the investigators - and then did not like what they found, that's crazy.

eta

Halligen was the CEO of a private investigation firm called Oakley International which was hired by madeleine's Fund for six months from the end of March 2008. Oakley's proposal and overall strategy were streets ahead of the others we'd considered and the company came highly recommended. As the sums of money involved were pretty hefty we agreed our contract with them would be split into three phases... phase one and two ran fairly smoothly ... during the third phase however we began to have concerns. Feedback appeared to be less forthcoming and contact with certain members dropped off...rumours about Halligen prompted us to make enquiries before we decided whether we should or not extend our contract with Oakley. To cut a long story short we chose not to do so. the termination in SEpt 2008 was quite acrimonious and unfortunately that was not the end of it. Several months later one of the investigators subcontracted by Oakley contacted us to demand payment for his services. We already settled Oakley's bill for this work months before but apparently the company ahd not paid him... page 283 284 madeleine by Kate McCann

In 2008, this is when Exton, the subcontractor referenced here I believe, turned in the report which was critical of McCanns, and THAT is why the relationship became acrimonious. I think when he called to settle the bill they screwed him because Kate says "we were upset that although a lot of hard work had been done on Madeleine's behalf, it seemed money provided by her fund might not ever have reached the people who had earned it."

Nothing about paying this guy for his work, and their lawyers contacted him to make sure his report stayed suppressed at least that's what it says in the Times.

They then put their own team in place in September - they only had Halligen March-Sept 2008 and that is when these efits and everything else were done, this is the critical suspect info SY is pretending they came up with themselves or uncovered /created but the former head of MI5 states that this was his work, he CLEARLY wasn't paid for it, it was turned over to them and their lawyer called to make sure that he did not publicize it elsewhere (they probably figured he could sell it to the papers for more than what he would have been paid).

Last edited by widowan on Sun 27 Oct - 3:54; edited 1 time in total
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 27 Oct - 3:47

jeanmonroe wrote:

EARLY bird gets the worm!
Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 929468 Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 929468 Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 929468 
Morning jeanmonroe I'm a night owl and tend to catnap, there's a few of us about it seems .Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 294124 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 27 Oct - 3:53

US-based firm Oakley International was taken on by the Find Madeleine Fund earlier this year on a £500,000 six-month contract.
The company was chosen by double-glazing tycoon Brian Kennedy, who has promised to back the McCanns financially to help solve the mystery of the disappearance of their daughter.
Oakley was hired to monitor a telephone hotline, carry out detective work and review CCTV footage from around the world of possible sightings of the missing girl.
But Mr Kennedy became concerned by the level of Oakley's £43,500 ($74,155) expenses claim in the first month of the contract.
The company's contract was terminated at the end of August after Mr Kennedy had become concerned at its lack of results.
Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for the Find Madeleine Fund, said that Oakley International was no longer working on the case.
He said: "The contract with Oakley was just one among many that have been entered into during the search for Madeleine.
"While Oakley did some valuable work, particularly in the early stages, its contract, like many others, has now come to a close.
"The search for Madeleine is continuing, however, using other resources and the performance of other contractors is constantly reviewed and monitored.
"Kate and Gerry and the backers will leave no stone unturned in the search for Madeleine."
Madeleine has not been seen since May last year, when she disappeared from the family's apartment in the Portuguese holiday resort of Praia da Luz shortly before her fourth birthday.
Former police officers are now being interviewed by Mr Kennedy to take over responsibility for the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance.
Mr Kennedy, 47, estimated to be worth about £250million, made his money in double-glazing and home-improvement ventures with companies including Everest windows.
He became involved with the McCanns after being moved by their plight during the period they were made formal suspects – arguidos – in Madeleine's disappearance.
Portuguese prosecutors dropped the couple's arguido status in July.
A spokesman for Oakley International said: "We carried out our instructions from the Fund professionally and responsibly in accordance with our agreement."
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 27 Oct - 3:54

But we know now why they were really sacked, don't we.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sun 27 Oct - 3:58

kitti wrote:US-based firm Oakley International was taken on by the Find Madeleine Fund earlier this year on a £500,000 six-month contract.
The company was chosen by double-glazing tycoon Brian Kennedy, who has promised to back the McCanns financially to help solve the mystery of the disappearance of their daughter.
Oakley was hired to monitor a telephone hotline, carry out detective work and review CCTV footage from around the world of possible sightings of the missing girl.
But Mr Kennedy became concerned by the level of Oakley's £43,500 ($74,155) expenses claim in the first month of the contract.
The company's contract was terminated at the end of August after Mr Kennedy had become concerned at its lack of results.
Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for the Find Madeleine Fund, said that Oakley International was no longer working on the case.
He said: "The contract with Oakley was just one among many that have been entered into during the search for Madeleine.
"While Oakley did some valuable work, particularly in the early stages, its contract, like many others, has now come to a close.
"The search for Madeleine is continuing, however, using other resources and the performance of other contractors is constantly reviewed and monitored.
"Kate and Gerry and the backers will leave no stone unturned in the search for Madeleine."
Madeleine has not been seen since May last year, when she disappeared from the family's apartment in the Portuguese holiday resort of Praia da Luz shortly before her fourth birthday.
Former police officers are now being interviewed by Mr Kennedy to take over responsibility for the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance.
Mr Kennedy, 47, estimated to be worth about £250million, made his money in double-glazing and home-improvement ventures with companies including Everest windows.
He became involved with the McCanns after being moved by their plight during the period they were made formal suspects – arguidos – in Madeleine's disappearance.
Portuguese prosecutors dropped the couple's arguido status in July.
A spokesman for Oakley International said: "We carried out our instructions from the Fund professionally and responsibly in accordance with our agreement."
===================================

Well, Kate says Madeleine's Fund paid for it - I guess that could be true that he paid into the Fund and the Fund paid halligen - or she's just lying as per usual. Gee, the lawyers were also paid by Kennedy or so they stated when declaring that all the money in MF went to the search because their "benefactor" paid for the lawyers.

They must have been into him for millions. Throwing cash at Oakley then suppressing their report and then probably scared to sue him in case this comes out - I gave them what they PAID for, they just didn't care for it

widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 27 Oct - 4:00

Brian Kennedy No Longer Paying for the Maddie Campaign
10 MARCH 2009 | POSTED BY JOANA MORAIS LEAVE A COMMENT
The McCanns spokesman assumes that crises has arrived to the Fund

The man who paid  Clarence Mitchell, Método 3 and who kept running a real media machine  has closed his wallet. Brian Kennedy stopped feeding the McCann machine.

Clarence Mitchell, the spokesman for the McCanns, confirmed that Brian Kennedy, the British millionaire who financed the McCann couple, has stopped paying salaries “months ago”.

The statement was made by Clarence Mitchell himself after his speech, last Friday in an association of the Oxford University - the Oxford Union – where the former director of the control unit for the British Media - Media Monitoring Unit - spoke about his career as a journalist, the media industry and his role in the Maddie case. The millionaire Brian Kennedy who has once stated that he would be prepared to use the whole of his personal fortune – estimated at more than 500 million Euros in order to finance the alleged private investigations into the disappearance of Maddie, appears now to have abandoned his financial support for the couple.

A former window cleaner from the city of Edinburgh, Brian Kennedy was at the side of Kate and Gerry McCann when they hired the Spanish detectives from Método 3, with whom he visited the PJ in Portimão after Gonçalo Amaral's removal.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sun 27 Oct - 4:01

kitti wrote:But we know now why they were really sacked, don't we.
yep.Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 944533

Oakley were streets ahead of metodo etc and they actually uncovered things that mccanns didn't want uncovered. they preferred to hire their own cheap dave edgar types after that, that could be easily controlled and chase ridiculous sightings rather than follow the one lead Scotland yard now says is critical.

who knows if it is though. especially now. 5 years they let that lead rot, to focus on Bundleman.

Last edited by widowan on Sun 27 Oct - 4:04; edited 1 time in total
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 27 Oct - 4:03

As we all know.....the fund was never set up to find Madeleine, it was set up to protect the mccanns.

If KNOWONE had donated then the situation would be different now....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 27 Oct - 4:10

For all we know that man could off had Madeleine in his arms, we don't know.

We don't know if the sighting was buried because the mccanns knew she was dead and didn't want it surfacing otherwise the money would off dried up and they would off had no Protection or....

The mccanns KNEW that man and didn't want it surfacing because the LEAD would off come back to them..

Which ever way, they were f...ed.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sun 27 Oct - 4:18

I can't think of a legitimate reason to not follow that lead, if you only have money to follow one though, they picked Bundleman and they made the wrong choice.

That report forms part of the stuff Sy is looking at so they must have gotten it from McCanns. I wonder if they got the WHOLE report or just the efits. and not the part that caused the acrimony ... the anomalies in their statements etc. Maybe they got a big 200 page report with 199 pages redacted and just the efits

Speaking of those efits - they are not in Kate's book. She really did not want that guy's photo getting out. Now why on earth??

I guess we will have to wait to hear how Clarence spins all this once he sees what's in the Times tomorrow.

Kate and Gerry in no way suppressed evidence and in every way turned over all they have to the investigation, etc

widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 27 Oct - 4:37

kitti wrote:As we all know.....the fund was never set up to find Madeleine, it was set up to protect the mccanns.

If KNOWONE had donated then the situation would be different now....
Hi Kitti, Oakley Intl recommended by Brian Kennedy says it all. They are another firm, like the Spanis Agency.

when I was a member of 3as a Member with an avatar of a black dog said Kennedy had several Holding Companies for moving laundered money around and that is what was done with the £300,000 . Metodo 3 in an interview with ABCes said in an interview that they did not receive all the money the McCanns were saying. I will lay odds the McCanns have got a nest egg stashed away.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 27 Oct - 4:42

SY got the Information from files they collected when they went to Spain...remember them pictured carrying boxes off files..SY said themselves they collated information from the P.I.'s etc.

Now whether the mccanns got in first and told SY, we don't know but the betting is now that this info has got out...Mitchell will be spinning his head off telling us that they told SY About the e fit before all this got out ....they had no choice did they, SY were going to find out about it anyway .
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 27 Oct - 5:15

kitti wrote:SY got the Information from files they collected when they went to Spain...remember them pictured carrying boxes  off files..SY said themselves they collated information from the  P.I.'s etc.

Now whether the mccanns got in first and told SY, we don't know but the betting is now that this info has got out...Mitchell will be spinning his head off telling us that they told SY About the e fit before all this got out ....they had no choice did they, SY were going to find out about it anyway .
Ah but kitti, SY is as much to blame , the boxes wouldn't have taken long to file in some order and the EFit would have been seen. Redwood would surely have asked Metodo what the EFit was about, yet they don't show it for 2 and ahalf years.???? I told you that Redwood was thick didn't I:haha: 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 27 Oct - 5:19

You would off thought one off the 30 men employed by British taxpayers would off spotted the efit before now, wouldnt you!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 27 Oct - 5:28

kitti wrote:You would off thought one off the 30 men employed by British taxpayers would off spotted the efit before now, wouldnt you!
What a terrible waste of taxpayers money and SY has lost a lot of respect over this ....just what exactly have they been doing for the last two and a half years? They should be answerable to someone.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Sun 27 Oct - 7:13

Well well well. How encouraging to wake up to some honest reporting on this case for once.

Let's hope the other 'investgative' journos out there pick up on this and run with it.
Because, ths story really does have legs! Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 25346 
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Sun 27 Oct - 7:21

The libel case should surely be thrown out of Court now.
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 27 Oct - 7:30

Happy Sunday everybody! Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 307691 Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 307691 Madeleine clues hidden for 5 years - The Sunday Times - Page 2 307691
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 27 Oct - 7:33

Look you lot, I've been up all night reading this....and you lot have only manage to surface tut tut....

All the time you were seething about the mccanns working with prosecutors...THIS news broke lol
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 27 Oct - 7:35

wantthetruth wrote:The libel case should surely be thrown out of Court now.

Now that the mccanns hindered the search...yes
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next