Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sky News Report

+29
tanszi
LJC
jeanmonroe
wjk
almostgothic
pennylane
MaryB
Karen
jassi
cass
kitti
T4two
weissnicht
mossman
Lioned
malena stool
chrissie
fred
Roasted Arizona
jinvta
kathybelle
Ireland
wantthetruth
Angelina
Oldartform
welshy
AnnaEsse
comperedna
interested
33 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Sky News Report - Page 9 Empty Re: Sky News Report

Post  pennylane Fri 9 May - 13:03

LJC wrote:
pennylane wrote:"......the Portuguese investigators now believe that the intruder, in the cases that were reported to the authorities, could be British......".........   “A sex abuser is someone who acts compulsively. If he only acted in the summer and has never attacked again it's because he does not live here”

Yeh so bugger off Op Grange!  Sky News Report - Page 9 294124

Oh, I don't know, I'm not so sure that SY would disagree with this belief.  I don't think SY have ruled the McCanns out somehow.  

SY never ruled them in, and no expense is being spared to insure things stay that way! (imho)
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
Sky News Report - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sky News Report - Page 9 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Fri 9 May - 13:06

So that's all the suspects ruled out then...apart from the NOT SUSPECTS  Sky News Report - Page 9 25346 
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :
Sky News Report - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sky News Report - Page 9 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Fri 9 May - 13:23

matthew wrote:So that's all the suspects ruled out then...apart from the NOT SUSPECTS  Sky News Report - Page 9 25346 

No, no, no, matthew!  They had many more 'significant leads' following their recent Crime Watch appeals, and that mean old Portuguese judge won't allow them to question every tom, dick and burglar over there.   It's outrageous that the foreign authorities aren't dancing to the Met's tune... even though the UK gave them short shrift when the shoe was on the other foot!  Sky News Report - Page 9 25346
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 9 May - 13:29

matthew wrote:So that's all the suspects ruled out then...apart from the NOT SUSPECTS  Sky News Report - Page 9 25346 

The Philpott case had some NOT SUSPECTS too, IIRC ...
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 9 May - 13:56

I'm sure I remember reading (may have been Brunty?) saying SY were due to fly home to day anyway.
I think they will be going back soon (fingers crossed)
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 9 May - 14:05

wjk wrote:I'm sure I remember reading (may have been Brunty?) saying SY were due to fly home to day anyway.

Yes, he said that yesterday (Thursday).
And according to today's Standard, they are expected to fly back to Faro next week to talk about plans for the land searches.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 9 May - 14:07

almostgothic wrote:
wjk wrote:I'm sure I remember reading (may have been Brunty?) saying SY were due to fly home to day anyway.

Yes, he said that yesterday (Thursday).
And according to today's Standard, they are expected to fly back to Faro next week to talk about plans for the land searches.
Thanks ag, I'm trying to follow the Oscar Pistorius trial and this at the same time.  Sky News Report - Page 9 847843 
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Fri 9 May - 14:19

I didn't think the PJ liked to keep the press so well informed!
-------------------------------------------

They DON'T!

Just last week we had this from the PJ, in a 'dig' (see what i did there? lol) at the MET.

"WE PREFER TO TALK LESS AND DO MORE"

Take note, Met Cops, Rowley, Hogan-Howe, Redwood!

TALK "LESS", "DO" MORE!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Fri 9 May - 14:21

jeanmonroe wrote:I didn't think the PJ liked to keep the press so well informed!

They DON'T!

Just last week we had this from the PJ, in a 'dig' (see what i did there? lol) at the MET.

TALK "LESS", "DO" MORE!

So, who from the PJ blabbed this latest information then about it only being a Brit under suspicion?
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Fri 9 May - 14:39

LJC wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:I didn't think the PJ liked to keep the press so well informed!

They DON'T!

TALK "LESS", "DO" MORE!

So, who from the PJ blabbed this latest information then about it only being a Brit under suspicion?  

Not sure: But i do believe that ONLY the English Police have 'pointed the finger' at ALL the vast array of 'suspects' that have 'appeared' in the press.

eta: The PJ certainly view DP as 'suspicious' imo.
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Fri 9 May - 14:49

Jornal de Notícias wrote:After naming as probable suspect the late Euclides Monteiro, a former Ocean Club employee, the Portuguese investigators now believe that the intruder, in the cases that were reported to the authorities, could be British and that he does not reside in Portugal, since there were no new reports and those that were disclosed [see Metropolitan Police site] only target children of that nationality. “A sex abuser is someone who acts compulsively. If he only acted in the summer and has never attacked again it's because he does not live here”, explained a source close to the process.

in Jornal de Notícias, paper edition (page 13), May 9, 2014

According to this then the Portuguese had a dead suspect in mind and even named him.

Seems SY have changed the minds of the PJ because it is SY who have identified British children who were targeted only in the summer.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 9 May - 15:22

matthew wrote:Remarkable how quick the Portuguese Air Force was summoned into the skies...does anyone really believe that Redwood marches into down & within hours the Portuguese military are ordered into action? I think we will learn in good time that the relationship between both police forces were not as strained as they are reported to be & this military operation was arranged many weeks/months ago

If the Portuguese military were summoned, it has nothing to do with the PJ or SY. It was a judge who allowed the diligence.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Fri 9 May - 19:34

thank you once again Claudia79 for putting us straight on that.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Fri 9 May - 20:24

Thanks Claudia, often forget the importance of a judge in a Portuguese investigation, do you have an idea how long this diligence would take to arrange? maybe it could be done in 24hrs?
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 10 May - 1:32

tanszi wrote:thank you once again Claudia79 for putting us straight on that.

Sky News Report - Page 9 83453 
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 10 May - 1:33

matthew wrote:Thanks Claudia, often forget the importance of a judge in a Portuguese investigation, do you have an idea how long this diligence would take to arrange? maybe it could be done in 24hrs?

No idea, Matthew. Too many variables at stake. Asking the air force to intervene doesn't take long though. There have been many cases of rescuing in the middle of the ocean and the decision is made straight away, for obvious reasons.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Sat 10 May - 1:47

Just got home from work and have been reading this thread.
Just a few words.
Madeleine McCann, god bless you.
Once a Blue always a Blue ( you have to support Everton to understand that )
Justice this year, for two people I have never met but have tremendous admiration for.
Madeleine McCann and Goncarlo Amaral.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 10 May - 7:39

Claudia79 wrote:
matthew wrote:Thanks Claudia, often forget the importance of a judge in a Portuguese investigation, do you have an idea how long this diligence would take to arrange? maybe it could be done in 24hrs?

No idea, Matthew. Too many variables at stake. Asking the air force to intervene doesn't take long though. There have been many cases of rescuing in the middle of the ocean and the decision is made straight away, for obvious reasons.

Is it because Portugal doesn't have a Navy?  Sky News Report - Page 9 613255 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 10 May - 8:55

Iris wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

Ah But Iris , they could always use Owners, boats or Pedelos. A Woman I met a long long time ago lives in PDL (her neighbour was a Friend of Mrs Fenn)
said the Portugese think Madeleine's body was thrown from nearby cliffs so might not be too far out for scuba divers to be used.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 10 May - 13:14

Iris wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

Sky News Report - Page 9 23324 
It takes very long to get there paddling!
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Sky News Report - Page 9 Empty Sky Report.....Madeleine Investigation enters major phase

Post  Panda Mon 26 May - 4:45

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9