Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digging to start NEXT WEEK!

+40
fred
DavidA
jassi
Wintabells
LJC
cass
almostgothic
Karen
frencheuropean
jeanmonroe
fuzeta
Roasted Arizona
kathybelle
mossman
quickfingers
Panda
wjk
chrissie
Angelina
Chris
MaryB
Keela
duncanmac
tanszi
weissnicht
mara thon
wantthetruth
princess_leia
Ireland
pennylane
AnnaEsse
Claudia79
chrissie1
dazedandconfused
Freja53
dutchclogs
Christine
Lioned
T4two
Carolina
44 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 Empty Re: Digging to start NEXT WEEK!

Post  Lioned Thu 29 May - 16:51

LJC wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:This is interesting in that the Public Prosecutor would not give warrants for house searches without a solid foundation for the searches. Permission has been given for this dig. So, does that mean there is a solid foundation for the dig in that area? Have the British police provided significant reasons for believing that something could be found?

I doubt the Portuguese would accept anything less than significant reasons.  

I agree and if reports are to be believed they have turned down plenty of other requests so unless they have just been attrited by SY increasingly ridiculous demands to dig up tractorman and the like then we must assume they have good reason to agree this time.

Dig up tractorman    Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 303636
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 29 May - 17:16

Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 14112333278_7575d033cb_o
NOT "the search for evidence" or "the search for Madeleine's blanket" or "the search for clues".
BUT "The search for Madeleine McCann."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 29 May - 17:23

Since there was no DNA in the apt unaccounted for, how they going to blame a burglar or tractor man/spottyman/eggman/swarthyman/gypsyman or wantsachildofftheirownman.

There going to have to blame smithman as his DNA was in the apt.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 29 May - 18:08

LJC wrote:
fuzeta wrote:I don't know Jassi. Last time they wanted to interview three burglars and have details of their bank accounts.  I just think this dig is to say, 'well we have had a look and turned over a few stones'  Then they will wind it up.

I don't think the Portuguese Court would have issued search warrants, which is an official administrative procedure the final decision of which is outside the jurisdiction of SY; I doubt the Portuguese would grant such warrants just to satisfy SY's urge to say, 'Well we have had a look and turned over a few stones'.  

Just because search warrants were not granted for homes of suspects does not mean it was wrong of SY to ask in the first place; SY have a job to do and all the Portuguese Courts appear to be saying on the suspect home searches is this: 'Present us with more evidence if you want a warrant'.  

However, the Courts do seem satisfied with the application for the digs and we do not know what SY presented to the Court to gain this authorisation; we cannot comment on SY's leads thus far, for the truth is we don't know apart from certain speculation in the press on certain aspects, which may be reliable or otherwise.

There's a huge difference between the two. Accepting a request for digging doesn't break anyone's rights or make anyone a suspect. It's a lot easier to get permission to dig and it requires a lot less evidence.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Thu 29 May - 18:16

Claudia79 wrote:
LJC wrote:
fuzeta wrote:I don't know Jassi. Last time they wanted to interview three burglars and have details of their bank accounts.  I just think this dig is to say, 'well we have had a look and turned over a few stones'  Then they will wind it up.

I don't think the Portuguese Court would have issued search warrants, which is an official administrative procedure the final decision of which is outside the jurisdiction of SY; I doubt the Portuguese would grant such warrants just to satisfy SY's urge to say, 'Well we have had a look and turned over a few stones'.  

Just because search warrants were not granted for homes of suspects does not mean it was wrong of SY to ask in the first place; SY have a job to do and all the Portuguese Courts appear to be saying on the suspect home searches is this: 'Present us with more evidence if you want a warrant'.  

However, the Courts do seem satisfied with the application for the digs and we do not know what SY presented to the Court to gain this authorisation; we cannot comment on SY's leads thus far, for the truth is we don't know apart from certain speculation in the press on certain aspects, which may be reliable or otherwise.

There's a huge difference between the two. Accepting a request for digging doesn't break anyone's rights or make anyone a suspect. It's a lot easier to get permission to dig and it requires a lot less evidence.

If that is the case, why has only 1 site been approved? Were the others submitted later?
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Thu 29 May - 18:18

Thank you Claudia for pointing out the difference and of course you are right. Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 Icon_flower 
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 29 May - 18:24

jassi wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
LJC wrote:

If that is the case, why has only 1 site been approved? Were the  others submitted later?

As far as I know, other requests haven't reached the AG's office yet. And of course, something which also has to be taken into account is who owns the land. It's one thing to allow a public/abandoned piece of land to be dug and another to allow privately owned land to be dug...
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 29 May - 18:24

fuzeta wrote:Thank you Claudia for pointing out the difference and of course you are right. Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 Icon_flower 

Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 83453   Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 83453   Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 83453 
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 29 May - 18:28

Do you think they will be ready to dig next week as i may be over that way with my camera ?

I need some sunshine !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 29 May - 18:43

Lioned wrote:Do you think they will be ready to dig next week as i may be over that way with my camera ?

I need some sunshine !

Don't know. But I hope the weather improves because it has been a bit chilly and cloudy or they won't be able to enjoy the sand between diggings...
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 29 May - 18:59

Claudia79 wrote:
LJC wrote:

Thanks Claudia.  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 Icon_flower 
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 29 May - 19:02

Claudia79 wrote:
Lioned wrote:Do you think they will be ready to dig next week as i may be over that way with my camera ?

I need some sunshine !

Don't know. But I hope the weather improves because it has been a bit chilly and cloudy or they won't be able to enjoy the sand between diggings...

OK let me know when the weather improves..      Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 25346
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 29 May - 19:03

AnnaEsse wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
LJC wrote:

Thanks Claudia.  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 Icon_flower 

Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 83453   Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 83453   Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 83453 
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 29 May - 19:04

Lioned wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

I need some sunshine !

OK let me know when the weather improves..      Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 25346

I'm around 500 Kms away but I can check the weather bulletins.  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 294124 
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 29 May - 19:09

Probably explains why the flights look so cheap at the moment,tourism must be suffering or is it still just a bit early,looking at the flights they are three quarters empty.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 29 May - 19:12

two of my family went to Portugal about 3 weeks ago, they thought it was fantastic!!!! Fab hotel, food, wine, people, sunshine.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 29 May - 19:15

Lioned wrote:Probably explains why the flights look so cheap at the moment,tourism must be suffering or is it still just a bit early,looking at the flights they are three quarters empty.

I think it's a bit early. We had 2 warm weeks some time ago but after that the weather hasn't been too springy/summery. Today, where I live, the temperature was about 16ºC.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Thu 29 May - 19:52

I have been checking often on the Eastern Algarve, wishing I was there. The temperatures looked very good and I have a friend in Tavira at the moment and she has told me that the first few days of her fortnight were dodgy but now it is wonderful. Lucky thing. I adore Portugal and cannot wait to get back. As far as the Algarve is concerned the Eastern area is the best imo. Far less touristy and very real. Tavira is the most beautiful town and the light there is incredible.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 29 May - 19:55

fuzeta wrote:I have been checking often on the Eastern Algarve, wishing I was there. The temperatures looked very good and I have a friend in Tavira at the moment and she has told me that the first few days of her fortnight were dodgy but now it is wonderful.  Lucky thing.   I adore Portugal and cannot wait to get back.  As far as the Algarve is concerned the Eastern area is the best imo.  Far less touristy and very real.  Tavira is the most beautiful town and the light there is incredible.

I have made a note of your previous advice about that,sounded lovely, i can't be doing with this English weather at the moment.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Thu 29 May - 20:10

Here is a link for you to look at Lioned.  We usually stay in a small village with cobble stones called Santa Luzia. It is about 2klms from Tavira  so we have the best of both worlds.   If you are going to stay in Tavira, stay properly in the Tavira and not across the main road called the 125. Or a place called Cabanas which is near to it and vile.  The beaches across the Ria Formosa are out of this world.  My son and Grandaughter love it.  An apartment or house is best. Hardly any hotels anyway!

Last edited by fuzeta on Thu 29 May - 20:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 29 May - 21:00

Claudia79 wrote:
Lioned wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

I need some sunshine !

I'm around 500 Kms away but I can check the weather bulletins.   Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 294124 

You mean you're not going to nip down there and see? Claudia!  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 294124 
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 29 May - 21:11

AnnaEsse wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Lioned wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

I need some sunshine !

I'm around 500 Kms away but I can check the weather bulletins.   Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 294124 

You mean you're not going to nip down there and see? Claudia!  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 294124 

Off course.I will hire one of those Renault Scenic's to get me down there.  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 25346 

Soon as the weather improves.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 29 May - 22:08

oh brilliant Claudia79 I really did lol.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 29 May - 23:10

AnnaEsse wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Lioned wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

I need some sunshine !

Well, I could use some exercise and digging a few hours in the sun must burn a lot of calories so I might give a thought, you know...  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 192282 
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 29 May - 23:15

Claudia79 wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Lioned wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

I need some sunshine !

Well, I could use some exercise and digging a few hours in the sun must burn a lot of calories so I might give a thought, you know...  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 192282 

We need someone there Claudia, to observe and report back!  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 3 294124 
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next