Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digging to start NEXT WEEK!

+40
fred
DavidA
jassi
Wintabells
LJC
cass
almostgothic
Karen
frencheuropean
jeanmonroe
fuzeta
Roasted Arizona
kathybelle
mossman
quickfingers
Panda
wjk
chrissie
Angelina
Chris
MaryB
Keela
duncanmac
tanszi
weissnicht
mara thon
wantthetruth
princess_leia
Ireland
pennylane
AnnaEsse
Claudia79
chrissie1
dazedandconfused
Freja53
dutchclogs
Christine
Lioned
T4two
Carolina
44 posters

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 4 Empty Re: Digging to start NEXT WEEK!

Post  Lioned Thu 29 May - 23:21

The ground looks really hard out on that waste land bit.Smelly bin man must have had a pneumatic drill.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 29 May - 23:24

AnnaEsse wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Lioned wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Lioned wrote:Do you think they will be ready to dig next week as i may be over that way with my camera ?

I need some sunshine !

Don't know. But I hope the weather improves because it has been a bit chilly and cloudy or they won't be able to enjoy the sand between diggings...

OK let me know when the weather improves..      Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 4 25346

I'm around 500 Kms away but I can check the weather bulletins.   Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 4 294124 

You mean you're not going to nip down there and see? Claudia!  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 4 294124 

Well, I could use some exercise and digging a few hours in the sun must burn a lot of calories so I might give a thought, you know...  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 4 192282 

We need someone there Claudia, to observe and report back!  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 4 294124 

Well, the place will be packed with journalists but yes, someone to report would be nice.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :
Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 30 May - 9:01

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/381358/Portuguese-police-start-digging-for-Madeleine-McCann-s-body

Portuguese police start digging for Madeleine McCann’s body
THE police hunt for Madeleine McCann’s final resting place has begun.

By Jerry Lawton/Published 30th May 2014

Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 4 Madeleine_McCann-381358

Madeleine McCann, Portugal, police, officers, child, kidnapping, Kate McCann, Praia da LuzWASTELAND: This is where the focus of the search will take place [PH]
Portuguese officers searched a stretch of waste ground where the operation to find the missing youngster’s body will start next week.

It is close to where a man was seen carrying a sleeping girl in pink pyjamas the night the then three year- old vanished, seven years ago.

An Irish family saw him walking off with the child around the time Madeleine’s mum Kate, 46, discovered her missing from her bed in the family’s apartment at the nearby Ocean Club resort in Praia da Luz.

“The large area of scrubland overlooking the Med is the only site British police have permission to search.”
Despite a Europe-wide TV appeal to trace the man, and the issuing of an efit, he has not been identified and remains the British police’s prime suspect.

Several officers examined the area on foot and by car on Wednesday after driving to the Algarve resort from their Faro base an hour away.

Faro police chief Luis Mota Carmo led the site survey.

It had been thought police would start their search at fenced-off land next to the Ocean Club.

RELATED ARTICLES
UK Police prepare to start dig for Madeleine McCann's body
EXCLUSIVE: Madeleine McCann bogus super-spy 'will crack case'
Madeleine McCann Portugal hunt goes into overdrive as major digs are prepared
But the Portuguese police were spotted going over wasteland next to Rua 25 de Abril (25th of April Street) near the centre of the resort.

The large area of scrubland overlooking the Med is the only site British police have permission to search, Portuguese media reported.

Met Police are expected to provide sniffer dogs and ground-penetrating radar for next week’s search, expected to last four to six days.

Kate and her husband Gerry, 45, continue to believe their daughter, who would now be 11, is still alive.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 30 May - 9:17

So now Jerry Lawton has finally come out and said it. Will the McCanns now sue the Star for "harming the search"?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 30 May - 9:19

Thanks wjk.

Quote:

“The large area of scrubland overlooking the Med is the only site British police have permission to search.”

Curiously, Gerard Couzens also made the same 'Med' comment in yesterday's Standard.

They must've been channelling one Gerald McCann, who comes from the same geographical school of thought

OR

Their world globes are a bit bent after falling off the back of the same dodgy lorry.
Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 4 Thumb_106750
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 30 May - 9:33

almostgothic wrote:Thanks wjk.

Quote:

Curiously, Gerard Couzens also made the same 'Med' comment in yesterday's Standard.

They must've been channelling one Gerald McCann, who comes from the same geographical school of thought

OR

Their world globes are a bit bent after falling off the back of the same dodgy lorry.
Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 4 Thumb_106750

Either that or it is one hell of a large area of scrubland.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 30 May - 9:44

Iris wrote:

So now Jerry Lawton has finally come out and said it.  Will the McCanns now sue the Star for "harming the search"?

I'm sure that Gezza's finger is being forcibly prised away from the CR speed dial button as we speak.
Next week there will be much talk of JCBs, dogs and georadar, and it will be apparent, even to those who don't take much of an interest in the case, that the police are not looking for an alive, 'findable' child.
They might threaten and bluster, but I think their suing days are over.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Fri 30 May - 10:00

After the "without gloves" title ( unthinkable last year) et the description of the digging to come, the last sentence is stricking by its coldness,the lack of the usual empathy ( the "poor devastated parents"):

"Kate and her husband Gerry, 45, continue to believe their daughter, who would now be 11, is still alive"

As if, they were the only ones to believe it.
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 30 May - 10:31

All this talk of waste ground and scrubland made me think of T S Eliot's Modernist poem The Waste Land.

The first line: "April is the cruellest month" set me wondering if June is going to be the McCanns' 'cruellest month'.

And this one, so appropriate for the current unfolding news that it hits one's mind with the force of a brick:

"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Fri 30 May - 10:40

almostgothic wrote:
Iris wrote:

So now Jerry Lawton has finally come out and said it.  Will the McCanns now sue the Star for "harming the search"?

I'm sure that Gezza's finger is being forcibly prised away from the CR speed dial button as we speak.
Next week there will be much talk of JCBs, dogs and georadar, and it will be apparent, even to those who don't take much of an interest in the case, that the police are not looking for an alive, 'findable' child.
They might threaten and bluster, but I think their suing days are over.

Does a "final resting place" mean that there were previous resting places?
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 30 May - 10:45

He does seem to be hinting as such, doesn't he?
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Fri 30 May - 11:19

Well if they find a body, which I doubt.  it would  be obvious that there was no abductor.  What abductor would take  a child out of an apartment and bury it so close whilst all of PDL was running all over the place looking.  If anything is there it was put there well before the alert , how would it all be  possible for an abductor to do this with such a fine timeline?
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Fri 30 May - 12:42

"all credible lines of inquiries will be investigated" says Mr Rowley on the Met Police.

Is THIS a 'credible' line of inquiry?

A young child, overly sedated, passes away in a holiday apartment.

A film maker and tennis buddy 'friend' is called/contacted.

A film maker 'friend' removes the passed away child from the tennis buddys apartment and secretes the childs 'body' somewhere, nearby.

Later, the film maker enters a holiday facility where the parents of the passed away child are dining.

They see him there.

Minutes later the father of the passed away child leaves to check his apartment and 'bumps into' the film maker, who has by now left the holiday facility, right outside the fathers apartment.

The film maker tells the father where he secreted the passed away childs 'body' nearby and returns to his apartment.

20 minutes later a friend of the father says he'll check the father's apartment but in reality he sets a scene for the next person to check to find.

The mother of the passed away child checks her apartment and finds one of her children is 'missing'

She screams 'abduction' because of the scene she finds in her holiday apartment.

The father of the passed away child goes out alone with another friend at 4:00am the next morning and removes the passed away childs 'body' from where the film maker had told him earlier he had secreted the 'body', to another place.

The father and friend return to the holiday apartment and go to bed.

Is the above a 'credible' line of inquiry for investigation, by Mr Rowley to consider?

Rhetorical.
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Fri 30 May - 14:18

I don't think the Portuguese media would describe the area as "overlooking the Med".
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Fri 30 May - 14:51

Has the image on the Star article changed as it has a pic of M on now? Its a different pic from normal too. Not sure how to copy it on here.

quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Fri 30 May - 14:54

jeanmonroe wrote:"all credible lines of inquiries will be investigated" says Mr Rowley on the Met Police.

Is THIS a 'credible' line of inquiry?

A young child, overly sedated, passes away in a holiday apartment.

A film maker and tennis buddy 'friend' is called/contacted.

A film maker 'friend' removes the passed away child from the tennis buddys apartment and secretes the childs 'body' somewhere, nearby.

Later, the film maker enters a holiday facility where the parents of the passed away child are dining.

They see him there.

Minutes later the father of the passed away child leaves to check his apartment and 'bumps into' the film maker, who has by now left the holiday facility, right outside the fathers apartment.

The film maker tells the father where he secreted the passed away childs 'body' nearby and returns to his apartment.

20 minutes later a friend of the father says he'll check the father's apartment but in reality he sets a scene for the next person to check to find.

The mother of the passed away child checks her apartment and finds one of her children is 'missing'

She screams 'abduction' because of the scene she finds in her holiday apartment.

The father of the passed away child goes out alone with another friend at 4:00am the next morning and removes the passed away childs 'body' from where the film maker had told him earlier he had secreted the 'body', to another place.

The father and friend return to the holiday apartment and go to bed.

Is the above a 'credible' line of inquiry for investigation, by Mr Rowley to consider?

Rhetorical.

I hope this is not a credible line of enquiry. For one thing it would mean that both parents were wining and dining knowing full well their child is dead. For a second thing it would mean Jez Wilkins (I presume that is who you are referring to) was involved. Such alot of planning involving too many people perhaps and the complete lack of emotion during the meal and remainder of the evening, I would find hard to swallow.

I agree with Mr Amaral that this was either an accidental death discovered during the meal and concealed or, and something I have considered before, that Madeleine somehow injured herself earlier in the week (knock to the head not visible under her long hair perhaps) which was noticed but untreated and regarded as not serious enough to warrant any medical intervention.

Either of those scenarios would mean the parents blaming themselves, as they had left her. Question is though, would they blame themselves enough for one or both of them to completely panic over it and conceal the body? Panic does do strange things to people and I do believe that panic would have set in.

I mean to say, I myself would go into a complete panic at such a discovery; however those around me would know the right steps to take for I myself I could imagine, would be in such a state I would be unable to make even a phone call. But that would be me panicking when I had not left my children; just going from downstairs to upstairs to make such a discovery.

So, what must the panic be like if you had left them unattended for a long period? I think it would be multiplying the normal panic by x 10 I would say.

Mr Amaral believes along these lines.

Or was it one of the tapas friends that discovered it and they took such actions to save the parents the anguish of knowing their daughter had died?

I often wish there is an abductor because none of the above is palatable.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 30 May - 14:56

quickfingers wrote:Has the image on the Star article changed as it has a pic of M on now?   Its a different pic from normal too.  Not sure how to copy it on here.

Yes it has and not the usual photo they use

Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 4 Madeleine_McCann-381358

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/381358/Portuguese-police-start-digging-for-Madeleine-McCann-s-body
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Sun 1 Jun - 22:03

http://media.skynews.com/media/images/generated/2014/6/1/313120/default/v2/star-1-329x437.jpg

Looks like Jenny Murat has invited the Yard to dig up her garden.

Struggling to host image Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 4 29204 
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Sun 1 Jun - 22:20

Karen wrote:http://media.skynews.com/media/images/generated/2014/6/1/313120/default/v2/star-1-329x437.jpg

Looks like Jenny Murat has invited the Yard to dig up her garden.

Struggling to host image Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 4 29204 

Perhaps she wants some free landscaping.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Mon 2 Jun - 7:30

Breaking on SKY News

Police have cornered off wasteland in PDL

http://news.sky.com/

Sky News

By Tom Parmenter, Sky News Correspondent
Police searching for Madeleine McCann have sealed off an area in Praia da Luz, where they are expected to begin digging.

It marks a significant new phase of the investigation into her disappearance while she was on holiday with her family in the Portuguese resort in May 2007.

Several parts of the town have been identified as potential search sites including an area of scrubland close to the apartment where the McCanns had been staying.

The land which had been earmarked for development is now fenced off but was an open area on the night of Madeleine's disappearance.

Her parents Kate and Gerry McCann have not travelled to Portugal but will be kept up to date with any developments.

British expat residents in Praia da Luz confirmed to Sky News that they had recently seen a military aircraft flying for long periods possibly conducting aerial reconnaissance.

Former Metropolitan Police search adviser Keith Farquharson told Sky News: "They wouldn't just be identifying that part by plucking it out of thin air they have obviously got hard information and the evidence trail is leading to that particular area."

Mr Farquharson explained what is likely to happen next: "The area will be properly mapped with GPS coordinates for each one of those sites.

"Those areas will then be broken into smaller areas which will be easier to search, then you would send in the ground penetrating radar which will look for anomalies below the surface.

"Once those anomalies are identified then in my experience you would deploy victim recovery dogs to those particular areas."

As they are working alongside the Portuguese authorities the Metropolitan Police are giving out very few details about the new phase of the investigation or how long it will last.

More follows...

http://news.sky.com/story/1273546/madeleine-mccann-search-area-sealed-off
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 2 Jun - 7:40

Former Metropolitan Police search adviser Keith Farquharson told Sky News: "They wouldn't just be identifying that part by plucking it out of thin air they have obviously got hard information and the evidence trail is leading to that particular area

So, SY have not interviewed any burglars etc, so WHO has given this information to the Portuguese ?

Also, the mccanns won't be attending Portugal and there has to be reasons why because if i thought they could find my child's body I would want to be there for HER.

Either they KNOW she isn't there or.....they are scared .
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 2 Jun - 8:03

fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 2 Jun - 8:08

Gerry McCann can go back to give a last statement at the libel trial but can't go back to see if they find his daughter

Says it all really.

Money is more important to them and always has and will be.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Mon 2 Jun - 8:27

They daren't go back for obvious reasons. The fact they are in Rothley speaks volumes.
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 2 Jun - 8:33

Bit diferente to Kerry Needham when they were digging for Ben last year, she could hardly stabd up with grief at the thought they might find him!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next