Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal

+25
pennylane
flower
Keela
jassi
malena stool
whatsupdoc
Lioned
chrissie
Angelina
MaryB
SteveT
cherry1
Woody
comperedna
weissnicht
mossman
saloongirl
cass
AnnaEsse
Roasted Arizona
frencheuropean
fuzeta
wjk
Claudia79
tanszi
29 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal Empty Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 19 Apr - 12:41

Looks like a reliable source.

PJGA ‏@PJ_GA · 18m18 minutes ago

Appeal in favor of Gonçalo Amaral #McCann more to follow.

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal Empty caution something on twitter re Amaral

Post  tanszi Tue 19 Apr - 12:42

just saw a tweet allegedly saying the PJGA that Appeal in Amaral favour - more to follow. have to wait for confirmation.
#
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal Empty Re: Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal

Post  Keela Tue 19 Apr - 12:43

It's true. I have heard from an extremely reliable source that GA has won his appeal. Good things come to those who wait. Hope the McCanns are buying up huge supplies of imodium!!!
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal Empty Re: Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal

Post  tanszi Tue 19 Apr - 12:45

yes I did a thread with caution now see it confirmed what great joy for Amaral. and probably the reason for the latest round of PR from the DCI
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 19 Apr - 12:46

Keela wrote:It's true. I have heard from an extremely reliable source that GA has won his appeal. Good things come to those who wait. Hope the McCanns are buying up huge supplies of imodium!!!

Thanks Keela! Woopee doopee! And today is Joana Morais' birthday.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 19 Apr - 12:49

Omg tears to my eyes of sheer happiness .with the UK rags .giving it Madeline alive I wondered what the latest might be about .now we know get first shot in but big fail .how many rags will report on GA nees mmmmmmm let's see cos might things change now?????
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 19 Apr - 12:51

cass wrote:Omg tears to my eyes of sheer happiness .with the UK rags .giving it Madeline alive I wondered what the latest might be about .now we know get first shot in but big fail .how many rags will report on GA nees mmmmmmm let's see cos might things change now?????

My eyes are filling up too. What a wonderful day.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 19 Apr - 12:54

And as posters say Jonas birthday .what a nice birthday.on my birthday 2007 the mcanns hot footed it back to the UK .
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 19 Apr - 13:48

fishy ‏@ohwhatatale · 23m23 minutes ago

Snr Amaral' wife has confirmed his appeal win:) #McCann

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 19 Apr - 13:59

Thanks Anna .wonder how long it will take to bit UK press.? If it had gone the other way it would be main headline news in fact breaking news on BBC here
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 19 Apr - 14:20

cass wrote:Thanks Anna .wonder how long it will take to bit UK press.? If it had gone the other way it would be main headline news in fact breaking news on BBC here

I'm quite sure that the McCanns would have been all over the British media being interviewed. Seems to be nothing in the media as yet.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 19 Apr - 14:27

PJGA @PJ_GA 18m18 minutes ago
We will post a summary of the decision as soon as we can. ‪#‎McCann‬ It will take some time ‪#‎translation
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Tue 19 Apr - 14:46

I tweeted on twitter

EVERY DECENT HONEST COPPER WILL BE PLEASED TO HEAR THAT AMARAL WON HIS APPEAL AGAINST MCCANN

Its been retweeted by London Taxis, Uber minicabs, London Black Taxis, London Black Cabs, London Taxi Trade

All I can say is - hope the McCanns don't need a Taxi or a Mini Cab today!! Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal 25346
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 19 Apr - 15:04

cherry1 wrote:I tweeted on twitter

EVERY DECENT HONEST COPPER WILL BE PLEASED TO HEAR THAT AMARAL WON HIS APPEAL AGAINST MCCANN

Its been retweeted by London Taxis, Uber minicabs, London Black Taxis, London Black Cabs, London Taxi Trade

All I can say is - hope the McCanns don't need a Taxi or a Mini Cab today!! Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal 25346  

Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal 23324
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Tue 19 Apr - 15:12

Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal 294124
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 19 Apr - 15:33

I've just read the whole verdict. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the duo right now...
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 19 Apr - 15:36

Claudia79 wrote:I've just read the whole verdict. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the duo right now...

Claudia, thank you. Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal Icon_flower
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 19 Apr - 15:40

AnnaEsse wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:I've just read the whole verdict. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the duo right now...

You're very welcome.
I have to get back to work but when I leave there will, most likely, alreaby be a summary available and you'll know what I mean.  Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal 25346

Last edited by Claudia79 on Tue 19 Apr - 15:40; edited 1 time in total
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 19 Apr - 15:40

Just waking up here and what WONDERFUL news to be reading!!!! I am so pleased for Mr. Amaral, a good man and Madeleine's best friend.

I thought all the re-cycled old news in the U.K. press the last couple of days was to be expected as we approach the end of the month and the ninth anniversary, but hopefully the news from Portugal today should wipe all that off the front pages. I say "hopefully" because surely the British press has to recognize this major decision by the Portuguese court and give it banner headlines.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 19 Apr - 15:48

Claudia79 wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

You're very welcome.
I have to get back to work but when I leave there will, most likely, alreaby be a summary available and you'll know what I mean.  Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal 25346

It has finally hit the UK media.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3547951/Portuguese-detective-WINS-appeal-against-libel-defeat-Madeleine-McCann-s-parents-NOT-pay-500-000-damages.html#ixzz46Heu0kdC

Portuguese detective Goncalo Amaral has won his appeal against his court libel defeat to Madeleine McCann's parents.

The former police chief was ordered to pay Kate and Gerry McCann €500,000 in damages in April last year after accusing them of faking their daughter's abduction.

But today he posted posted a copy of the 16-page judgement overturning the original decision on an Internet blog.

The last page of the document, signed by three appeal judges and dated April 19, confirmed the original ruling was being revoked.

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 19 Apr - 15:52

OK I'm not up on this .but is this the end ?or can the mcanns apeal against a apeal ?? Cos it's been going on years now ? Does this mean that poor GA can re build his life and finances ?
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 19 Apr - 15:56

OMG! So, so pleased to hear this!! Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal 873702
Can not wait to read the summary Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal 944533 Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal Icon_flower
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  saloongirl Tue 19 Apr - 16:01

Brilliant news....never thought it would happen. So now lets await the "fresh heartache for the Mccanns" headlines.
saloongirl
saloongirl
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Tue 19 Apr - 16:08

weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next