Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal

+25
pennylane
flower
Keela
jassi
malena stool
whatsupdoc
Lioned
chrissie
Angelina
MaryB
SteveT
cherry1
Woody
comperedna
weissnicht
mossman
saloongirl
cass
AnnaEsse
Roasted Arizona
frencheuropean
fuzeta
wjk
Claudia79
tanszi
29 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal - Page 3 Empty Re: Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 19 Apr - 21:11

cass wrote:I feel sorry for the twins if it goes on and on the courts . etc innocent on all this and a time when it will be hard enough for them

They are 11 years old now and quite capable of finding things on the internet. I wonder if they will get a few comments at school tomorrow.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal - Page 3 Empty Re: Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal

Post  chrissie Tue 19 Apr - 21:35

AnnaEsse wrote:
cass wrote:I feel sorry for the twins if it goes on and on the courts . etc innocent on all this and a time when it will be hard enough for them

They are 11 years old now and quite capable of finding things on the internet. I wonder if they will get a few comments at school tomorrow.

The twins are the ones I feel so sorry for now Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal - Page 3 389741
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :
Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 19 Apr - 21:37

chrissie wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

The twins are the ones I feel so sorry for now Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal - Page 3 389741

Me too. They will find out that they have been lied to.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 19 Apr - 21:44

I wonder how many z list celebs are willing to put their hands in their pockets .to help the mcanns now cos the papers are giving it poor me no Penny's left to look for Madeleine .who's fumdef the court cases upto now
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  saloongirl Tue 19 Apr - 21:49

I wish Bar Arguido was still open so we could all have a party Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal - Page 3 849426
saloongirl
saloongirl
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Tue 19 Apr - 22:49

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Tue 19 Apr - 22:50

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Tue 19 Apr - 22:51

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Tue 19 Apr - 22:51

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Tue 19 Apr - 22:54

KATIE HOPKINS TWEETED A COPY OF THE TELEGRAPH ARTICLE WITH

TOWARDS JUSTICE FOR MADDIE, FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND THE TRUTH BEHIND THE LIE
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 19 Apr - 23:53

Just wondering - since the decision announced today was an unanimous one, does that mean that the Supreme Court can (and may) reject the McCanns' appeal. I can understand if, for example, one of the three judges today was not in favour but since all three agreed it seems to me the higher court should be able to say 'forget it' and tell the McCanns to get lost.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 20 Apr - 0:28

I've just seen the front page of the Daily Star: "MADDIE: COP WINS RIGHT TO ACCUSE PARENTS"

That's right - 'ACCUSE'
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Wed 20 Apr - 0:55

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Wed 20 Apr - 0:55

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed 20 Apr - 7:17

interested wrote:Jerry Lawton has just tweeted:  "Fears if ruling stands the legal cost finding against mccann for 3 year hearing could drain Find Madeleine Fund and hamper search"

I just knew it - BOO HOO - the McCanns' pitch to the public will be 'we can't do both - we need more cash'.  That will be the mantra as we approach the ninth anniversary of Madeleine's demise.

Perhaps they should have thought about the costs of losing when engaging in a legal battle to protect their names rather than the purpose claimed behind the fund.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Wed 20 Apr - 7:23

Chris wrote:
interested wrote:Jerry Lawton has just tweeted:  "Fears if ruling stands the legal cost finding against mccann for 3 year hearing could drain Find Madeleine Fund and hamper search"

I just knew it - BOO HOO - the McCanns' pitch to the public will be 'we can't do both - we need more cash'.  That will be the mantra as we approach the ninth anniversary of Madeleine's demise.

Perhaps they should have thought about the costs of losing when engaging in a legal battle to protect their names rather than the purpose claimed behind the fund.

Basicly Lawton is saying..search can't happen if mcs don't have money. If I would be Metropolitan Police, I would sue him. He is accusing 'no search' ...what happened to the £12m. (and crowing)
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 20 Apr - 7:54

I believe the biggest fear the McCanns have is not what Snr Amaral has written to date but what he knows.

As has once again been proven in a court of law his book is a synopsis of the official investigation file, up to a given point in time.

What he has never been allowed to do, because of their continued court case barrage, is, to borrow Gerrys phrase, purport a theory

That is what the couple want to silence, the information that remains un-documented from the official file because of Snr Amaral's re-deployment and the subsequent shelving of the case.

He knows what happened, he was never given the chance to gather all the evidence and prove it in court.

Interesting times ahead I think.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Wed 20 Apr - 8:25

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2016/04/portuguese-media-goncalo-amaral-to.html

Portuguese media: Gonçalo Amaral to countersue McCann couple

Mossman...I think you are so right.
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal - Page 3 Empty Seven o'clockish... and there I sat on the edge of the bed watching SKY NEWS Sunrise with odious Eammon

Post  comperedna Wed 20 Apr - 10:10

as I was getting dressed... Comedian Christopher Biggins was reviewing the papers. 'After nine years they are still at it...' but he then said that this news report was different, as the policeman who had searched for Madeleine had won his case at appeal, and so his book about the affair could after all be published... the one which said Madeleine's abduction was FAKED by her parents. Eammon started to say how dreadful for the McCanns to be challenged in this way, but immediately the young and sharp-seeming businesswoman reviewing the papers with Biggins cut him off, saying that her parents may indeed have faked her abduction, and that nobody knows what happened to her. Biggins then came back with the view that the policeman certainly should be allowed to publish his book on the case. That was how they left it!

Hooray! It's been such a long wait! Hooray for the money everyone raised to facilitate it! Hooray for Amaral's win, mostly (and IMNSHO for Bennett's '60 Reasons' vindication BTW, which I looked at again yesterday, and very good it still is. I would lke to see Mr Justice Tugendhat EAT his hat, but I know it won't happened because the case against Tony was cleverly hung on contempt of court.)

'Sunrise' is a very popular 'Daily Mail' style early morning programme, so hordes of people will see and hear that really rather positive and forceful report!
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed 20 Apr - 10:20

comperedna wrote:as I was getting dressed... Comedian Christopher Biggins was reviewing the papers. 'After nine years they are still at it...' but he then said that this news report was different, as the policeman who had searched for Madeleine had won his case at appeal, and so his book about the affair could after all be published... the one which said Madeleine's abduction was FAKED by her parents. Eammon started to say how dreadful for the McCanns to be challenged in this way, but immediately the young and sharp-seeming businesswoman reviewing the papers with Biggins cut him off, saying that her parents may indeed have faked her abduction, and that nobody knows what happened to her. Biggins then came back with the view that the policeman certainly should be allowed to publish his book on the case. That was how they left it!

Hooray! It's been such a long wait! Hooray for the money everyone raised to facilitate it! Hooray for Amaral's win, mostly (and IMNSHO for Bennett's '60 Reasons' vindication BTW, which I looked at again yesterday, and very good it still is. I would lke to see Mr Justice Tugendhat EAT his hat, but I know it won't happened because the case against Tony was cleverly hung on contempt of court.)

'Sunrise' is a very popular 'Daily Mail' style early morning programme, so hordes of people will see and hear that really rather positive and forceful report!

Maybe just as well as the Daily Mail print version has managed to bury it as a quarter paragraph at the bottom of page 30.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Wed 20 Apr - 10:31

I've not been on for totally ages. Couldn't believe when I saw the news. Everything was so disheartening with the McCann bulldozer going from strength to strength. Now it's been stopped in its tracks at least for a while. And just seen Goncalo is going to sue them. Not before time after their condemnation and criticism of somebody who was doing their job.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Wed 20 Apr - 13:21

Does anyone know for sure whether the McCanns require leave to appeal to the supreme court, given the unanimous verdict I mean, and the previous history? If so, are they likely to get it?
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Wed 20 Apr - 13:35

My dad avidly followed this case and was certain that the McCanns were in it up to their scrawny necks. He wanted to see justice for GA and the truth of what happened that night to come out and the Mccanns suffering as they made GA suffer. I lost my dad in October last year so I hope that he is watching from heaven and raising a glass to justice.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 20 Apr - 15:29

Keela wrote:My dad avidly followed this case and was certain that the McCanns were in it up to their scrawny necks. He wanted to see justice for GA and the truth of what happened that night to come out and the Mccanns suffering as they made GA suffer. I lost my dad in October last year so I hope that he is watching from heaven and raising a glass to justice.

"Keela" I'm sure your father in heaven IS raising a glass to justice together with Brenda Leyland and others who were like minded and have left us over the past nine years.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 20 Apr - 15:39

comperedna wrote:Does anyone know for sure whether the McCanns require leave to appeal to the supreme court, given the unanimous verdict I mean, and the previous history? If so, are they likely to get it?

I asked the same question yesterday. I'm hoping, since the decision by three judges was unanimous, the higher court may just dismiss the appeal application based on the unanimous verdict. (I don't pretend to be a legal expert, but I do know that here in Canada the Supreme Court does refuse to hear some cases which have previously been ruled on.)
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next