Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal

+25
pennylane
flower
Keela
jassi
malena stool
whatsupdoc
Lioned
chrissie
Angelina
MaryB
SteveT
cherry1
Woody
comperedna
weissnicht
mossman
saloongirl
cass
AnnaEsse
Roasted Arizona
frencheuropean
fuzeta
wjk
Claudia79
tanszi
29 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal - Page 2 Empty Re: Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal

Post  cass Tue 19 Apr - 16:10

Just read the mail headlines.this is how it's gonna play out poor mcanns won't have any money left to look for Madeleine isn't that why DC let millions to be spent on the case .nothing has changed .UK are still spending if Scotland hard cannot find Madeleine how can the mcanns UK public know what's been spent so I cannot see much of the feeling sorry for the mcanns because they hoped to spend money the never had
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal - Page 2 Empty Re: Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal

Post  interested Tue 19 Apr - 16:11

Finally justice for Mr. Amaral and a step towards justice for Madeleine.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Woody Tue 19 Apr - 16:41

Also an article just appeared on the Mirror site. Sorry can't do the link.
Woody
Woody

Number of posts : 35
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 19 Apr - 16:44

Woody wrote:Also an article just appeared on the Mirror site. Sorry can't do the link.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-chief-wins-appeal-over-7788744
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 19 Apr - 16:59

AnnaEsse wrote:
Woody wrote:Also an article just appeared on the Mirror site. Sorry can't do the link.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-chief-wins-appeal-over-7788744

McCanns' lawyer Isabel Duarte disappointed but not surprised. She knows there was no abduction. Is it any wonder Isabel lost friends by representing the guilty parents.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 19 Apr - 17:19

I am so delighted for Snr Amaral, what fantastic news.

Am I right in thinking costs were awarded against the McCanns too ? A double whammy - no blood money and out of pocket for the costs. Hope Snr Amaral had a very very expensive lawyer Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal - Page 2 294124

mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Tue 19 Apr - 17:47

"In the case at hand, apart from the reporting of the facts that are part of the inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, an analysis of the book and of the rest of the published material finds that the now 1st appellant [Gonçalo Amaral] therein sustains the thesis that an abduction did not take place, but rather the accidental death of the child, followed by a cover-up – through the concealment of her cadaver and the simulation of that crime – by plaintiffs Gerald and Kate McCann, now the subjects of the appeal.

It results from the aforementioned publication that the means of evidence and the indicia that it reports to are, essentially, those referred to and documented in the respective criminal enquiry.

Nevertheless, the exposed thesis, that the child died accidentally and that fact was concealed by the parents, who have broadcast, in order to deceive, the hypothesis of an abduction, is not new – the same is equally contained in the report which is mentioned under number 9 of the proven facts, determining the arguido constitution of said subjects of appeal [Kate and Gerry McCann], and was, after a copy of the inquiry was made public, published in the media (numbers 65 and 66 of proven facts)."

http://pjga.blogspot.fi/2016/04/translation-of-conclusions-of-appellate.html
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 19 Apr - 17:50

The New York Times coverage comes via The Associated Press. In it Isabel Duarte, the McCanns' lawyer, is quoted as saying the McCanns took the reversal in their stride, "They're used to it".
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 19 Apr - 18:24

Such brilliant news and reported in the UK too! Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal - Page 2 307691
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 19 Apr - 18:39

saloongirl wrote:Brilliant news....never thought it would happen. So now lets await the "fresh heartache for the Mccanns" headlines.

Now that we know the McCanns will appeal to the Supreme Court, I imagine their "fresh heartache" will be that, having wholeheartedly committed the remaining money in the fund to the "search", they will resort to additional public fund raising to cover the appeal costs.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Tue 19 Apr - 19:04

Some good news at last! Let's hope it is the first of lots more.
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Tue 19 Apr - 19:04

Double post.

Last edited by SteveT on Tue 19 Apr - 19:10; edited 1 time in total
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 19 Apr - 19:06

While trying to keep up-to-date on today's good news and all the comments, I am sharing a thought for the McCann twins who will undoubtedly hear about the news either from TV, newspapers or their schoolmates which will conflict with what their parents would have them believe. Poor kids.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 19 Apr - 19:34

Oh yes interested I agreed how many victims from day one poor children all these court battles I hope it ends now all of it .GA will !look a bigger man of the says enough now he is a brave man and while I'm happy with today's news I hope he can move on with his life
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Tue 19 Apr - 20:06

Absolutely fantastic news Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal - Page 2 873702  Get ready for the bleeding hearts plastered all over the UK papers.  They can bleat as much as they like, justice has been done. GA Just picked up from Twitter: Gonçalo's appeal - Page 2 306474
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 19 Apr - 20:13

Jerry Lawton has just tweeted: "Fears if ruling stands the legal cost finding against mccann for 3 year hearing could drain Find Madeleine Fund and hamper search"

I just knew it - BOO HOO - the McCanns' pitch to the public will be 'we can't do both - we need more cash'. That will be the mantra as we approach the ninth anniversary of Madeleine's demise.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 19 Apr - 20:17

interested wrote:Jerry Lawton has just tweeted:  "Fears if ruling stands the legal cost finding against mccann for 3 year hearing could drain Find Madeleine Fund and hamper search"

I just knew it - BOO HOO - the McCanns' pitch to the public will be 'we can't do both - we need more cash'.  That will be the mantra as we approach the ninth anniversary of Madeleine's demise.

I'm clearly stupid. I thought the British tax payer were funding Scotland Yard and their "search". What do they need money in the fund for ?
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 19 Apr - 20:20

interested wrote:Jerry Lawton has just tweeted:  "Fears if ruling stands the legal cost finding against mccann for 3 year hearing could drain Find Madeleine Fund and hamper search"

I just knew it - BOO HOO - the McCanns' pitch to the public will be 'we can't do both - we need more cash'.  That will be the mantra as we approach the ninth anniversary of Madeleine's demise.

Oh diddums! Amaral's book was hindering the search, they said, so they spent all that time suing him rather than searching. Now, if they have to pay the search will be harmed. And I still ask, what search?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 19 Apr - 20:22

mossman wrote:

I'm clearly stupid.  I thought the British tax payer were funding Scotland Yard and their "search".  What do they need money in the fund for ?

Exactly! They threw money at dodgy detectives and now that Scotland Yard has been given extra cash, what do the McCanns need more money for? When did they last put any money into searching for their daughter?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 19 Apr - 20:27

mossman wrote:

I'm clearly stupid.  I thought the British tax payer were funding Scotland Yard and their "search".  What do they need money in the fund for ?

I never could figure out from day one why the parents of a missing child would need money for the "search". The police and the good people of Portugal were searching for Madeleine while the McCanns were busy setting up the fund to cover legal costs (among other things). My question from the beginning has been 'Why would the parents of a missing child expect to have legal costs, unless of course they knew more than what they were sharing with investigators?'
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 19 Apr - 20:35

The fund should never have been set up .although the UK has spent money I think dc played a blinder at the time .I posted so .fu nd it stop the other fund because didn't they compare dc son at the time so it might be a case of be careful what you wish for
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Tue 19 Apr - 20:42

Formidable!

Only one newspaper in French with this news but, tomorrow, probably a lot!:

http://www.lematin.ch/monde/Accuse-de-diffamation-un-policier-acquitte-en-appel/story/18282700
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 19 Apr - 20:45

One day I hope that the truth to what happened to Madeleine will be known .there have been too many victims in this Madeleine the main one GA his family and others bit I hope that nobody makes any more money from here on in .including GA I hope he gets on with his life and holds his head high s true gent but putting the book back on the shelf would be wrong now I think
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Tue 19 Apr - 20:54

I'm just amazed that G and K are still together. These things normally break up marriages.....maybe they realise they have to stay together....
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 19 Apr - 21:03

I feel sorry for the twins if it goes on and on the courts . etc innocent on all this and a time when it will be hard enough for them
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next