Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round

+41
duncanmac
Lilemor
kitti
fred
hobnob
frencheuropean
welshy
Roasted Arizona
nostra
Kazlux
Dimsie
malena stool
AnnaEsse
4timesanan
jypsybear
dazedandconfused
T4two
Judge Dread
curious george
ali1966
MaryB
Keela
RIORITA
fuzeta
Catalina
Carolina
krissie
Christine
quickfingers
steve1295
saloongirl
ann_chovey
fedrules
MissGivings
Claudia79
MJH1901
Colonel Fabien
jay2001
sans_souci
Alfiefinn
Alpine Aster
45 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 4 Empty Re: Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round

Post  fred Fri 11 Dec - 19:12

From Sky.
t is the first time Mrs McCann has returned to the resort on the Algarve coast.

Sky News Crime correspondent Martin Brunt said: "I understand they are planning to visit the Ocean Club complex from where Madeleine disappeared.

"It will be an important and emotional visit, especially for Kate McCann."

Earlier on Friday, in Lisbon, the McCann's court battle with an ex-police chief who believes Madeleine is dead was postponed for a month
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 4 Empty Re: Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round

Post  curious george Fri 11 Dec - 20:31

Let's not forget, Kate spent four and a half months in the resort after Maddie disappeared and I don't remember seeing her break down very often apart from in the first few days. I remember her jogging a lot though.

She hasn't been back for over two years. TWO YEARS!! Who is she trying to kid? There is so much PR fluff with these two, even their most ardent supporters must feel uneasy at times like these. I still cannot get over Cuddle-cat in her backpack on the way to the police station back in 2007, cynically placed for the cameras. Again, I have to ask, if so innocent, why the need for so many stunts.
curious george
curious george
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :
Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 11 Dec - 20:32

It looks as though Simmonds from ITV is in Lisbon and Brunt has gone to PdL.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 11 Dec - 22:40

They might be going to see Murat, remember when Gerry was asked if he knew him he replied "no comment",
now why would he say that?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Judge Dread Fri 11 Dec - 23:43

fred wrote:From Sky.
t is the first time Mrs McCann has returned to the resort on the Algarve coast.

Sky News Crime correspondent Martin Brunt said: "I understand they are planning to visit the Ocean Club complex from where Madeleine disappeared.

"It will be an important and emotional visit, especially for Kate McCann."

Earlier on Friday, in Lisbon, the McCann's court battle with an ex-police chief who believes Madeleine is dead was postponed for a month

You can bet your bottom dollar they don't want to be there! It's just a publicity stunt aimed at winning the hearts and minds of the Portuguese people... Fat chance of that happening!
Judge Dread
Judge Dread
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 11 Dec - 23:58

Laffin Assasin wrote:http://twitter.com/KeirSimmonsITV

Exclusive - Kate and Gerry #McCann are in Praia Da Luz tonight, the first time Kate has been back there since #Madeleine disappeared.
8 minutes ago from HootSuite

Simmons has said, on Twitter, that the McCanns' lawyer has told him that Kate is a "broken woman," and she's been crying this evening in Praia da Luz. Probably because of the reception they got in Lisbon.

Last edited by AnnaEsse on Fri 11 Dec - 23:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo!)
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 12 Dec - 1:12

AnnaEsse wrote:

Exclusive - Kate and Gerry #McCann are in Praia Da Luz tonight, the first time Kate has been back there since #Madeleine disappeared.

Simmons has said, on Twitter, that the McCanns' lawyer has told him that Kate is a "broken woman," and she's been crying this evening in Praia da Luz. Probably because of the reception they got in Lisbon.

Who does she weep for ?

Herself or Madeleine ? or an-other ?

Her and her fans have taken me to the "edge" at times.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 12 Dec - 1:24

MaryB wrote:In some ways a ban could make the book more widely read. People will say well what exactly is in the book that has caused so much upset. And then want to read it. I'd like to read both books. We should know the whole story. And I've said before most police officers wouldn't expect a child of three who has been missing for over two years to turn up safe and well. And in lots of missing people cases the police say growing concerns for their safety. Does that mean people will stop looking and reporting and the police will be sued.

Well, McCann was threatening to sue the PJ at one time, something that was designed to make a lot of new friends. I think their spokes person actually said that suing the PJ was one option that they were considering. Looking back on that from today's perspective one cannot help wondering whether these people really are hellbent on their own destruction or just too blind to see where it's all leading.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 12 Dec - 9:12

Laffin Assasin wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Who does she weep for ?

Herself or Madeleine ? or an-other ?

Her and her fans have taken me to the "edge" at times.

I imagine that she weeps for herself, for a life she once had, living in an expensive house in a small village with three children and a husband with a successful career. Now, she's had three years of keeping up a pretence, much of it in the glare of publicity. She got used to be being a celeb, feasted and feted all over the world. Now, she has come to a place where the house of cards could fall, she has seen how unpopular she is in Portugal, compared to the man who may be her nemesis and like the self-obsessed woman she is, she is probably weeping for herself.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 12 Dec - 9:24

AnnaEsse

I agree with everything you say. No good crying now Kate, were these real tears or like those squeezed out of
your eyes on the Spanish T.V. interview.?

Get a life Kate, and a job. Stop trying to kid us that trawling through the Files is important, that"s what
the Detectives were supposed to have done.

You and Gerry could have done so much to help the investigation but you chose the get rich quick path and
only have yourselves to blame.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  4timesanan Sat 12 Dec - 9:30

while in PDL they could ask to get the case reopened...mccanns lawyer has said she asked them to come over..for 'psychological support' ...meaning to make mischief for amarel
4timesanan
4timesanan
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 548
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Sat 12 Dec - 9:41

Whatever happened to Madeleine (I believe the McCanns are definitely involved and even that it could have been planned) - perhaps it is hurting her.
Perhaps she misses her sometimes or has sentimental moments.
Sometimes we can not oversee which damages things could cause psychological in the future.
Perhaps she regrets what has happened 5/2007.

But that does not mean that the McCanns are innocent, no!
Really not.

Just wait how private the couples trip to Luz really is and if we will see crying Kate on our TVs soon...
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 12 Dec - 9:51

It would be very interesting to know if they are being watched or followed in some way during their stay, to see where they go. Perhaps by that spy satellite that floats mysteriously above is, cant be seen but is so accurate that it sees us blink!!!

If they go to mass wonder if it will be conducted by the "deceived" priest?

Cant get Gerry's anger at the airport out of my head!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Sat 12 Dec - 9:53

Unless they're both totally inhuman (and the jury's out on that one) they must feel some shred of sorrow at the thoughts of their little girl.

The pic on the front of the Daily Mail this morning makes Kate look totally hag ridden. So many wrinkles and etched in grief.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 12 Dec - 9:58

dazedandconfused wrote:Unless they're both totally inhuman (and the jury's out on that one) they must feel some shred of sorrow at the thoughts of their little girl.

The pic on the front of the Daily Mail this morning makes Kate look totally hag ridden. So many wrinkles and etched in grief.

Well, it's hard to have much sympathy, D&C. She should do herself a bloody favour and just tell the truth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 12 Dec - 10:10

4timesanan wrote:while in PDL they could ask to get the case reopened...mccanns lawyer has said she asked them to come over..for 'psychological support' ...meaning to make mischief for amarel

I read that Isobel Duarte asked the McCanns to come over for the Hearing to support HER, because she was
aware of the antiMcCann feeling in Portugal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  keepingmum Sat 12 Dec - 10:16

I think Miss Duarte (who is supposed to be pretty sharp) may be realising that she has bitten off more than she can chew.
keepingmum
keepingmum
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 12 Dec - 10:38

keepingmum wrote:I think Miss Duarte (who is supposed to be pretty sharp) may be realising that she has bitten off more than she can chew.

So do I, if and when the Trial takes place can you imagine the pressure she will be under with half of Portugal
surrounding the Courthouse? Wouldn"t surprise me if the Judiciary didn"t publish the dates and held the proceedings in camera.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jypsybear Sat 12 Dec - 10:47

I do not understand this point, Kate could not do the reconstruction when asked a few months ago , as it was too painfull.This weekend she can now even visit the Ocean Club!!!!!
jypsybear
jypsybear
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 140
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 12 Dec - 11:00

jypsybear wrote:I do not understand this point, Kate could not do the reconstruction when asked a few m
months ago , as it was too painfull.This weekend she can now even visit the Ocean Club!!!!!

I know, but the thought of 1.2million Euros can be sufficient inducement. Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 4 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  4timesanan Sat 12 Dec - 11:18

i wondered if the comments made by miss duarte 'could be used to mean 'harm to the investigation'
4timesanan
4timesanan
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 548
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 12 Dec - 12:03

dazedandconfused wrote:Unless they're both totally inhuman (and the jury's out on that one) they must feel some shred of sorrow at the thoughts of their little girl.

And whos fault is that,,,not yours, not mine..but THERES.

There so etched in grief they can still see £ signs at every given opportunity.

Saying the money will go into the fund, if so, why bring the law suit under Sean, Amalie and Madeleine's name?

I'll tell you why,because they can say enoughs enough, we are putting the money into a trust fund for the twins etc etc...

But i can assure you this, maddies share wont go into searching for her, no, that TOO will go into a 'trust fund' till she 'comes home'.

THE MCCANNS TRUST FUND.

The grief you will see today is the WHAT IFS grief.....what if we hadnt gone out...what if we hadnt gone on holiday, what if...what if...what if....it wont be the grief for a missing child, in a sense off 'missing abducted' it will be the grief off GUILT...GUILT...GUILT.

DO I FEEL SORRY FOR THEM....NO.

I can forgive them for leaving her to her fate, eventually, but i cant forgive them for HIDING HER BODY...SIMPLE AS THAT.....THATS HOW MUCH THEY LOVED HER...LEAVING HER OUT THERE ALL ALONE NOT ONLY IN LIFE BUT NOW IN DEATH.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Sat 12 Dec - 12:09

It must be a very private trip, without any press, yes... Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 4 23324 Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 4 23324 Brunty - McCanns v Amaral...The Next Round - Page 4 23324

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2769293/Kate-and-Gerry-McCann-return-to-Praia-da-Luz.html

Maddie parents return to Praia

From ANTONELLA LAZZERI
in Praia da Luz

Published: Today
KATE McCann was last night back in Praia da Luz - the place the devastated mum feels closest to her missing daughter Madeleine.

She and husband Gerry decided to make the heartbreaking trip on the spur of the moment after a court case in Portugal's capital Lisbon was unexpectedly postponed.

The couple drove the 150 miles in a hire car and were last night believed to be staying with the Rev Haynes Hubbard and his wife Susan.

The couple run the Anglican church in Praia da Luz and befriended Kate and Gerry when Maddie went missing in May 2007.

Visit ... Praia apartment

They have visited the McCanns in England several times. Kate and Gerry are expected to stay the weekend and visit the Ocean Club resort where Maddie disappeared shortly before her fourth birthday.

Sources believe they will also say a special prayer and light a candle in the church.

Hunt ... Maddie

Gerry, 41, has been back since the nightmare events. He was there for the filming of a TV documentary earlier this year.

Kate did not go with him - at the time she felt it would be too traumatic. But yesterday she decided she was finally ready.

Kate, also 41, has said before that Praia is special. And a source confirmed: "It is the place she believes she feels closest to her daughter.

"It was the last place Kate saw and held Madeleine."

The source added: "They didn't tell anyone they were going this weekend. They decided totally on the spur of the moment."

Kate and Gerry had been in Lisbon to take on former cop Goncalo Amaral, 50.

He was going to court to try to overturn a ban on the sale of a book he has written about the McCanns.

Amaral, who headed the Maddie investigation before retiring, claims the couple lied about Maddie's disappearance.

In the book, The Truth Of The Lie, he says Maddie is dead, the McCanns disposed of her body and made up the story of her abduction.

Amaral claims the book ban - introduced after an appeal by Kate and Gerry earlier this year - denies him freedom of speech.

But, speaking outside the Portuguese court, the couple hit back.

Gerry said: "There is an innocent child missing here and this is what this is about. It's not about freedom of speech but the search for our daughter."

Standing by his side at the entrance to Lisbon's Palace of Justice an emotional Kate said: "Freedom of speech should not outweigh the rights of human beings.

"They should not outweigh the rights of our family, the children, for respect.

"The rights to a proper, reasonable and fair search."

Earlier the McCanns, of Rothley, Leics, came face-to-face with Amaral as they sat inside the Palace of Justice.

It is the first time they have seen him since they were made official suspects in Maddie's disappearance in August 2007.

They were later cleared of all suspicion.

The hearing was postponed after Amaral's lawyer went sick with swine flu.

It will now be held in January.
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 12 Dec - 12:14

Beattie wrote:
4timesanan wrote:while in PDL they could ask to get the case reopened...mccanns lawyer has said she asked them to come over..for 'psychological support' ...meaning to make mischief for amarel

I read that Isobel Duarte asked the McCanns to come over for the Hearing to support HER, because she was
aware of the antiMcCann feeling in Portugal.

She said 90% people in portugal are against her!

No doubt she said, look, you want me to cover your arses and get 1m, you get over here PRONTO!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 12 Dec - 12:18

So IF the mccanns lible case is won and they get 1m then they have NO alternative but to re-open the case as this proves she is still alive as the mccanns have just proved it by winning, doesnt it.

As amaral loosing will proove that maddie is NOT dead by awarding the money so the judges have just agreed with the mccanns.

So there is a bright outlook the case MUST be opened.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next