Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murder of Joana Cipriano

5 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Murder of Joana Cipriano - Page 6 Empty Re: Murder of Joana Cipriano

Post  Guest Wed 5 Nov - 13:14

I find it hard to believe Mr Paulo Cristóvao would incriminate himself in this way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 5 Nov - 13:57

Isnt Cristovao one of those accused? Is he the one who also wrote the book about Madeleine?
And now this lawyer is saying in an email , he is apparently in possesion of, he states there were orders to beat a confession out of Cipriano? This was several days before the confession, according to the photos of the bruises and drs reports the beatings took place several days AFTER the confessions?
And this is his trump card? give me strength
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Murder of Joana Cipriano - Page 6 Empty Gonçalo Amaral’s head - Hernâni Carvalho for TvMais

Post  pm Wed 5 Nov - 21:01

Leonor Cipriano’s lawyer proposed to help the PJ inspectors who stand accused of torture if he was given the head of Gonçalo Amaral. The news was confirmed by himself to tvmais

by Hernâni Carvalho

Gonçalo Amaral’s head against the absolution of the other inspectors – such was the proposal that was made by Leonor’s lawyer to one of the lawyers of the PJ inspectors. The information hit the newsroom at tvmais like a bombshell. “I confirm it”, tvmais was told by Carlos Anjos, the president of ASFIC, the union for the PJ’s Criminal Investigation workers. “Our colleagues’ lawyer (Pragal Colaço) has informed us about said proposal that was made by Leonor Cipriano’s lawyer (Marcos Aragão). Gonçalo Amaral’s head. Concerning the others, one would find a way to clear them.”

If we in the newsroom found this strange, any doubts were dismissed when we contacted Marcos Aragão himself. “Yes, indeed I spoke with Dr Pragal Colaço and I confirm that I proposed to help him in the defense of the other inspectors if they stated that they acted under Gonçalo Amaral’s indication. A reduction of the sentence would be achieved for them”, the lawyer told our magazine. Leonor Cipriano’s lawyer confirmed to us that he is ready to defend the inspectors who stand accused of torturing his client if in exchange an unequivocal condemnation against the PJ’s coordinating inspector, Gonçalo Amaral, was obtained.

Marcos Aragão told tvmais that he is in possession of an email that was written by Paulo Cristóvão to another PJ inspector where he states that he was given carte blanche by Gonçalo Amaral to beat up Leonor Cipriano. We contacted Paulo Cristóvão. The former PJ inspector told us, laconically, that the affirmation “doesn’t even deserve a comment. We shall see what happens in the appropriate location, which is a court hearing”.

Concerning the deal, António Cabrita, Gonçalo Amaral’s lawyer, told us: “I don’t know those affirmations. Dr Gonçalo Amaral trusts the Portuguese justice that he served for 27 years. Those deals have no validity whatsoever in the Portuguese penal system. Here, the court only appreciates facts, not deals”.

“An inspector sits on the bench, accused of forgery, but it was the chief of the prison guards who went to court to state that the director of the prison of Odemira (Ana Maria Calado) ordered him to change a document, which he refused.” Carlos Anjos from ASFIC/PJ finds this strange. “I have yet to understand what stands behind all this. Dr Marcos Aragão is more committed to ruining the credibility of Gonçalo Amaral and the PJ in the McCanns case than concerned about Leonor Cipriano’s pain”, he said.

The truth is that contradictions and certificates is what has been mostly seen at the Court in Faro. During the sessions of the trial of the five PJ inspectors who stand accused of torturing Leonor Cipriano, requests follow upon requests for certificates to file new complaints. Both from the accusation and from the defense. Among accusations and counter-accusations, the collective of judges which is led by Henrique Pavão (three judges, four jurors) has already complained about the fact that bureaucratic issues are delaying the process.

What is known for certain is that on the 13th of October [2004], Leonor confessed to murdering her daughter Joana. And it is known that she did so in the presence of her lawyer, Célia Costa, who confirms that she didn’t see anyone assaulting Leonor. The process that was opened by the Public Ministry (PM) over alleged aggressions against Leonor Cipriano refers the 15th of October. But the PM failed to determine who committed the aggressions. The PJ inspectors stand accused of having created conditions for the actions to be carried out. In those days, Leonor Cipriano was preventively detained in Odemira prison and the PJ was searching for her daughter Joana or what was left of her. Two days after she confessed to killing her daughter Leonor, in the presence of her lawyer, Leonor Cipriano returned to the prison in Odemira with hematomas to her face. At that time, she stated that she had fallen and the guards wrote a report. Now, she says that she was assaulted with fists and kicks and with a cardboard tube.

Why did Leonor dismiss Grade?

“I don’t know.” Leonor Cipriano’s former lawyer told us that he heard about his dismissal “from a journalist who asked me if I had been set apart. As I knew nothing about it, I denied it. It was only later that I read an email from my colleague Marcos Aragão. That was how I found out that I had been dismissed from the defense of Mrs Leonor because she signed a document that revoked my power of attorney and hired another lawyer. I know through my colleague that she stated she was not happy with me because I didn’t attack Dr Gonçalo Amaral frontally and that she felt better supported while being defended by my colleague”.

Leonor’s contradictions

Leonor sometimes remembers and sometimes forgets. First, she said that she had seen who assaulted her, but later she denied it. First, she said that there was a blue plastic bag over her head but soon she declared it was “green or blue”. During the inquiry, she said that she had been “aggressed more than once”, but now, during the trial, she stated it happened only once. She said she knew the time (around 8 p.m.) because she had looked at the clock in the room where she had been beaten. During the trial, she described the room without said clock. There were several contradictions from Leonor, but one of her sentences stuck to everyone’s memory. “I don’t remember having confessed”, she told the court.

source: Tvmais, 05.11.2008, paper edition

+/-

+/-

by astro
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :
Murder of Joana Cipriano - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Murder of Joana Cipriano - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Wed 5 Nov - 21:08

Oh for heavens sake...more twists and turns....did he or didnt he send the email???

We contacted Paulo Cristóvão. The former PJ inspector told us, laconically, that the affirmation “doesn’t even deserve a comment. We shall see what happens in the appropriate location, which is a court hearing”.
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
Murder of Joana Cipriano - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Murder of Joana Cipriano - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Wed 5 Nov - 21:16

Ambersuz wrote:Oh for heavens sake...more twists and turns....did he or didnt he send the email???

We contacted Paulo Cristóvão. The former PJ inspector told us, laconically, that the affirmation “doesn’t even deserve a comment. We shall see what happens in the appropriate location, which is a court hearing”.

that sentence means in Portugal a No
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Thu 6 Nov - 9:53

On November 06, Anonymous said...
Clear, this is not anymore a case of Leonor Cipriano been tortured or Joana alive or dead, this is a case of "leting down" Goncalo Amaral with support of "Ordem dos Advogados" and " Ministerio Publico". This is a case of saving the Mccann's and helping them definnetly, runaway from justice. They know that Goncalo Amaral know's exactly what happen to Maddie and he dont want to close his mouth. He his the only one which olds some power and wants justice for Madeleine. I hope all the parents all over the world, which love their childs, and specially the Portuguese and the British will make so many noise in foruns and blogs to highlight the corruption surrounding this case and help Amaral finding justice for Maddie. This is not a normal case of disapearence of a child. There is many other crimes behind and no any civilizade and democratic country can accept to be forgived without a exemplar punnishement. A Uge team including all Tapas 9, C. Mitchel. M3, Aragao and Marinho Pinto should be in court in 3 countrys (Portugal, UK, Spain ) or peraphs in a international european court. They play with justice, with people which honestly give monney to Madeleine Found( for her search and not to persecute the police encharged of the investigation). They play with all responsable parents which work very hard and forgot their holidays on behalf of their childs. Justice for Madeleine!!!
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 6 Nov - 12:27

pm wrote:On November 06, Anonymous said...
Clear, this is not anymore a case of Leonor Cipriano been tortured or Joana alive or dead, this is a case of "leting down" Goncalo Amaral with support of "Ordem dos Advogados" and " Ministerio Publico". This is a case of saving the Mccann's and helping them definnetly, runaway from justice. They know that Goncalo Amaral know's exactly what happen to Maddie and he dont want to close his mouth. He his the only one which olds some power and wants justice for Madeleine. I hope all the parents all over the world, which love their childs, and specially the Portuguese and the British will make so many noise in foruns and blogs to highlight the corruption surrounding this case and help Amaral finding justice for Maddie. This is not a normal case of disapearence of a child. There is many other crimes behind and no any civilizade and democratic country can accept to be forgived without a exemplar punnishement. A Uge team including all Tapas 9, C. Mitchel. M3, Aragao and Marinho Pinto should be in court in 3 countrys (Portugal, UK, Spain ) or peraphs in a international european court. They play with justice, with people which honestly give monney to Madeleine Found( for her search and not to persecute the police encharged of the investigation). They play with all responsable parents which work very hard and forgot their holidays on behalf of their childs. Justice for Madeleine!!!

Hi, Paula ...hope you are well - lets hope Mr Amaral will not allow anyone to put this case away ....he has been fighting for justice for Madeleine for a long time now - he has had to put up with so much abuse from quarters that support the Mccann's and still he fights on ....good for him - I truly hope he succeeds in his quest to get the truth about this case broken wide open for the whole world to see .
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Thu 6 Nov - 12:31

M.T.P. wrote:
pm wrote:On November 06, Anonymous said...

Hi, Paula ...hope you are well - lets hope Mr Amaral will not allow anyone to put this case away ....he has been fighting for justice for Madeleine for a long time now - he has had to put up with so much abuse from quarters that support the Mccann's and still he fights on ....good for him - I truly hope he succeeds in his quest to get the truth about this case broken wide open for the whole world to see .

Hello Susie, ia m well thank you. Hope you are well too

Amaral has many people supporting him and all wish the same as you
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Murder of Joana Cipriano - Page 6 Empty Cipriano Case: Process Against Leonor's Prison Director

Post  pm Fri 14 Nov - 9:59

Directorship of Prisonal Services acts after the denouncement made by the Chief guard over the pressures done to change the Report

After the chief guard of Odemira Penitentiary, António Maia, told in court that the director of the penitentiary suggested to him to change the report about Leonor Cipriano bruises, from a likely fall off the stairs to aggressions, the General Directorship of the Prisonal Services acted.

Ana Calado is already facing a disciplinary process, after the prisonal services requested the Court in Faro for a copy of the statements done by António Maia in the Court session of 28 of October, during the trial of the five Judiciary Inspectors who answer for [allegedly] torture to Joana's mother [and convicted killer].

The Chief of the guards said he suffered pressures from the director to frame the policemen, and the Defense of the same, has already announced the intention to litigate Ana Calado.
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Fri 14 Nov - 20:36

For heavens sake if Cipriano gets out of prison she will still be a child murderer! I know this is revenge on Amaral but has Joanas fate been forgotten??

...and is helping the neglectful McCanns more important than what was done to Joana and Maddie???
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 15 Nov - 6:45

Ambersuz wrote:For heavens sake if Cipriano gets out of prison she will still be a child murderer! I know this is revenge on Amaral but has Joanas fate been forgotten??

...and is helping the neglectful McCanns more important than what was done to Joana and Maddie???

They must be helping people further up along the ladder. Kate and Leonor are nobodies. The protection goes further back.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Murder of Joana Cipriano - Page 6 Empty The monster Leonor Cipriano v. the 'incorruptible' Amaral

Post  Guest Sat 15 Nov - 23:27

pm wrote:[NOTE: Changed to read better in English and I hope accurately - T.B.] The Director of Portuguese Prison Services has acted after the accusation made by the Chief Prison Officer guard over being pressurised by the Prison Governor to change his report.

After the Chief Prison Officer of Odemira Prison, António Maia, told the court that the Prison Governor had suggested to him to change the report about Leonor Cipriano's bruises, from being due to a likely fall down the stairs to a beating [by detectives], the General Director of the Portguese Prison Service has decided to intervene.

Ana Calado, the Prison Governor, is already facing disciplinary proceedings, after the Prison Service asked the Court in Faro for a copy of the statements of António Maia in the Court session of 28th October, during the trial of the five Policia Juduciara inspectors who are defending ahainst allegations of torturing Joana Cipriano's mother [and convicted killer].

The Chief Prison Officer said he had been pressurised by the Prison Governor to frame the police detectives. The lawyers defending [the five detective inspectors] have already announced their intention to take legal proceedings against Ana Calado.

REPLY: pm, thank you very much for posting this.

The whole Madeleine McCann affair becomes more sinister as more and more of the smokescreen clears and we begin to see the very ugly things behind the screen. Getting (a) killers of their own children to make up allegations of torture, (b) Prison Governors lying to frame honest and hardworking detectives like Goncalo Amaral, and (c) the Lawyers Order pitching in against Amaral as well - these things must be fully publicised and the evil cancer of corruption in the Portuguese security and judicial services cut out. Heads must roll. I see according to Duarte Levy that in his TV interview he has been talking to one of the PJ's former detectives who concedes that Amaral is 'incorruptible'.

When a monster like Ciopriano is wheeled out of prison to testify against the likes of Goncalo Amaral, we should begin to be very anxious about where Portugal is heading...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 16 Nov - 7:03

Tony Bennett wrote:
pm wrote:[NOTE: Changed to read better in English and I hope accurately - T.B.] The Director of Portuguese Prison Services has acted after the accusation made by the Chief Prison Officer guard over being pressurised by the Prison Governor to change his report.

After the Chief Prison Officer of Odemira Prison, António Maia, told the court that the Prison Governor had suggested to him to change the report about Leonor Cipriano's bruises, from being due to a likely fall down the stairs to a beating [by detectives], the General Director of the Portguese Prison Service has decided to intervene.

Ana Calado, the Prison Governor, is already facing disciplinary proceedings, after the Prison Service asked the Court in Faro for a copy of the statements of António Maia in the Court session of 28th October, during the trial of the five Policia Juduciara inspectors who are defending ahainst allegations of torturing Joana Cipriano's mother [and convicted killer].

The Chief Prison Officer said he had been pressurised by the Prison Governor to frame the police detectives. The lawyers defending [the five detective inspectors] have already announced their intention to take legal proceedings against Ana Calado.

REPLY: pm, thank you very much for posting this.

The whole Madeleine McCann affair becomes more sinister as more and more of the smokescreen clears and we begin to see the very ugly things behind the screen. Getting (a) killers of their own children to make up allegations of torture, (b) Prison Governors lying to frame honest and hardworking detectives like Goncalo Amaral, and (c) the Lawyers Order pitching in against Amaral as well - these things must be fully publicised and the evil cancer of corruption in the Portuguese security and judicial services cut out. Heads must roll. I see according to Duarte Levy that in his TV interview he has been talking to one of the PJ's former detectives who concedes that Amaral is 'incorruptible'.

When a monster like Ciopriano is wheeled out of prison to testify against the likes of Goncalo Amaral, we should begin to be very anxious about where Portugal is heading...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well said Tony, its shameful Murder of Joana Cipriano - Page 6 36898
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Murder of Joana Cipriano - Page 6 Empty Leonor Cipriano Injuries Differ from those Photographed

Post  pm Wed 19 Nov - 9:03

The doctor who attended Leonor Cipriano at the Odemira Health Care Center a few hours after the alleged assault said this Tuesday in court that the injuries he saw did not match the photographs taken to Leonor Cipriano.

Recognizing that he was not an expert in forensic medicine, because he exercised general-practice, the doctor, who gave his testimony via video-conference, affirmed that the injuries visible in the photo that he was shown trough that equipment, did not match the ones that he saw previously.

The doctor was the second witness to be heard at the fourth trial session, after the court finished hearing the prison employee who photographed Leonor Cipriano, and who was interrupted in the previous session of the trial, two weeks ago.

According to the doctor, Joana's mother had injuries in the facial area, frontal and temporal right and not on the left side, as it appears in the photograph that was shown to him in the court, in which Leonor shows injuries on both sides of the face, in the area of eyes.

Unique and strong blow on the right side

According to the doctor, although it is possible that there is a drainage of blood moving downwards after a few hours of aggressions being inflicted, it is unlikely that this has happened, unless if Leonor had been lying on her left side down for several hours.

"What I saw was a unique and very strong blow on the right side," he assured, noting that in his opinion, it would be "impossible" that the lesions would spread to the left side of the face, even because Leonor must have been sitting or standing on that day and never lied down.

The doctor's from the Odemira Health Center also said that Leonor Cipriano refused to show her body, alleging that it had no more injuries beyond those who were present in her face and that it was not worthwhile for the doctor see her in more detail.

Doctor suspected the fall off the stairs version

According to the doctor, although he relied on information given by the patient, it was at that time that he thought that the explanation given for the lesions was strange - 'that she would have hit with her head on the wall when she attempted to throw herself off the stairs to commit suicide' -, since a fall of that nature would cause body lesions.

In the morning session today [yesterday], the Director of Central Directorship for Fight against Banditism (DCCB) at the time, José Ferreira Leite was also heard, who confirmed the departure of a DCCB team to the Algarve to reinforce the investigation.

Ferreira Leite affirmed that he did not know who was responsible for coordinating the operations of the case Joana, if it was Gonçalo Amaral or the national joint director, Guilhermino Encarnação [on the picture], since it was the directorship of Faro who decided the actions on the ground.

At the end of the first part of the hearing, Rodrigo Santiago, the bar association (OA), who has constituted itself [for the first time, maybe they should do it more often like in the Freeport case, Furacão, Casa Pia?] as an assistant to the proceedings, filed a request asking to have in court the director of the National Institute of Forensic Medicine (INML), for having specific knowledge of the forensic sciences.

Outside the court, the lawyer of Leonor Cipriano, Marcos Aragão Correia, reiterated its intention that the Public Ministry (MP) deducts an accusation against Gonçalo Amaral, in a separate process, for alleged torture, since he is the "primary responsible" for the aggressions that Leonor was allegedly a victim.

"The indictment was incomplete and I can not accept that the primary responsible for torture is not punished," he said to journalists, still recalling the alleged false statements made in court by Gonçalo Amaral and which received the request for a criminal complaint, by the defense of Leonor.

The lawyer of Gonçalo Amaral, António Cabrita, said that he prefers to wait and see whether or not if the accusation is going to be deducted and stressed that during the trial there was no change of the facts nor production of evidences justifying a new process.

This torture allegation trial done to Leonor Cipriano by the inspectors of the PJ is related with the "case Joana", having the mother and the uncle of the girl, João Cipriano, being condemned by the Supreme Court of Justice to 16 years each of prison by the crimes of homicide and concealment of the corpse of the infant.

The accusations of the MP against the current and ex-inspecting of the PJ arose in the sequence of the questionings to Leonor Cipriano, in the installations of the Police department in Faro.

Source: Jornal de Noticías 18.11.08

By Astro
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Murder of Joana Cipriano - Page 6 Empty Joana case: Doctor who assisted Leonor says that lesions he saw don’t match the photographed ones - RTP/Lusa

Post  pm Wed 19 Nov - 9:04

Faro, Nov 18 (Lusa) – The doctor who assisted Leonor Cipriano at the Odemira Health Centre only a few hours after the alleged aggressions said in court today that the lesions that he saw didn’t match those that are visible on one of the photos that were taken.

While recognizing that he is not an expert in forensics medicine, because he is a general practitioner, the doctor, who gave his deposition through videoconference, stated that the lesions that were visible on the photo that he was shown through that equipment didn’t match the ones that he saw.

The medic was the second witness to be heard during the fourth session of the trial, after the court finished the questioning of the prison employee who photographed Leonor Cipriano, which had been interrupted in the previous trial session, two weeks ago.

According to the doctor, Joana’s mother presented lesions in the right facial, frontal and temporal areas and not on the left side, as shown on the photograph that was showed to him by the court, in which Leonor presents lesions on both sides of the face, in the eye area.

According to the clinician, despite it being possible that a drainage of blood in the descending direction could have taken place a few hours after the aggressions were inflicted, it’s not likely for that to happen, unless Leonor had been lying on her left side for hours.

“What I saw was one single, very strong blow on the right side”, he asserted, observing that, in his opinion, it would be “impossible” for the lesions to spread into the left side of the face, even more so because Leonor must have been sitting or standing up during that day, and never lying down.

The doctor from the Health Centre in Odemira also said that Leonor refused to show him her body, alleging that she had no further lesions apart from those that she presented in her face and that it wasn’t worthwhile for the medic to observe her in a more detailed manner.

According to the clinician, despite trusting the information given by the patient, it was at that time that he mistrusted the explanation that was given for the lesions – that she had bumped her head into a wall when she tried to throw herself off the stairs in an attempt to kill herself -, given the fact that a fall of that nature would inflict bodily lesions.

During the morning of today’s session, Ferreira Leite, who was the director of the Heavy Crime Unit of the Polícia Judiciária at that time, was also heard, confirming that a team was sent [from Lisbon] into the Algarve to reinforce the investigation.

Ferreira Leite further stated that he didn’t know who was responsible for the coordination of operations in the Joana case, whether it was Gonçalo Amaral or the national joint director, Guilhermino da Encarnação, given the fact that it was the Faro directory that decided about actions on the terrain.

At the end of the hearing’s first part, Rodrigo Santiago, from the Lawyers’ Order, which made itself an assistant in the process, presented a request for the president of the National Institute for Forensics Medicine to be heard in court, given the fact that he possesses specific knowledge of forensic medicine.

Upon leaving the court, Leonor Cipriano’s lawyer, Marcos Aragão Correia, reinforced his intention for the Public Ministry to file an accusation against Gonçalo Amaral, in an autonomous process, over alleged torture, given the fact that he is the “main responsible person” over the aggressions that Leonor allegedly suffered.

“The accusation was incomplete and I cannot accept that the main person responsible for the torture is not punished”, he told the journalists, further remembering the alleged false statements that were proffered in court by Gonçalo Amaral and that were the subject of a criminal complaint by Leonor’s defense.

Gonçalo Amaral’s lawyer, António Cabrita, stated that he prefers to wait to see whether or not an accusation is filed, and underlined that during the trial there was no change in the facts or the production of any evidence that justifies a new process.

The process over alleged torture of Leonor Cipriano by PJ inspectors is related with the “Joana case”, where the little girl’s mother and uncle, João Cipriano, were condemned by the Supreme Court of Justice to a prison sentence of 16 years each, over the crimes of homicide and concealment of the child’s cadaver.

The Public Ministry’s accusations against the present and former PJ inspectors appeared following the questioning of Leonor Cipriano, in the building of that police force in Faro.

source: RTP, 18.11.2008
By Astro
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Wed 19 Nov - 10:49

“What I saw was one single, very strong blow on the right side”, he asserted, observing that, in his opinion, it would be “impossible” for the lesions to spread into the left side of the face, even more so because Leonor must have been sitting or standing up during that day, and never lying down.

Case dismissed then...she's a liar!!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Wed 19 Nov - 10:52

This one is similar to the other one you posted except the last comments...
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Wed 19 Nov - 11:44

Ambersuz wrote:This one is similar to the other one you posted except the last comments...

i know, but the sources are diferent newspapers
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Wed 19 Nov - 14:55

pm wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:This one is similar to the other one you posted except the last comments...

i know, but the sources are diferent newspapers

OK....i'll merge them then Murder of Joana Cipriano - Page 6 Icon_flower
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 20 Nov - 5:42

I really do wonder just how much longer this farce can go on for? I don't think I've ever seen such a lot of concocted rubbish aimed at discrediting a person in my life
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Murder of Joana Cipriano - Page 6 Empty Leonor assaulted by colleagues? - 24Horas

Post  pm Thu 20 Nov - 9:49

Leonor assaulted by colleagues? - 24Horas

Woman presents herself as the mother of an inmate and tells new version

Two supposed relatives of inmates contradicted Joana’s mother on SIC. The lawyer for the inspectors that stand accused of the aggressions doesn’t pay attention

by Miguel Ferreira

Leonor Cipriano was assaulted in prison by other inmates and not by the PJ’s men, two supposed relatives of inmates at Odemira Prison stated yesterday, as they were interviewed – without being identified – on the ‘Fátima’ talk show on SIC. A version that could demolish the accusation of torture against the inspectors, but which the defense lawyer asserted to 24Horas he is not going to take advantage of.

Pragal Colaço – who represents the four inspectors from the Violent Crime Combat Directory – said it “won’t be necessary” to call those witnesses, given the fact that he considers that the testimonies from the prison doctor and from the Public Ministry’s prosecutor who started the process were already “decisive to reach the truth”.

“During the final allegations, it will become clearly perceptible what happened. Everything has a technical scientific explanation”, he said, without adding further clarification.

During the SIC program, a source that was presented as being the mother of an inmate at Odemira Prison guaranteed that “it was the [prison] companions themselves that aggressed Leonor in order to make her confess what she did to her daughter”.

With her face covered and her voice distorted, the woman said that she acquired knowledge of this fact through her daughter, who was detained at the same prison as Leonor, at the time when the latter presented a complaint against the PJ inspectors over alleged aggressions.

During the same show, another witness revealed that during a visit to an inmate at the same prison she was told that “Leonor was assaulted by the inmates several times, and the first one was right after her detention”.

Different version

Contradicting everything were two other supposed inmates, who were heard during the same show. One of them admitted that the atmosphere inside the prison “was of great turmoil” because the inmates “wanted to know what had happened to little Joana”. But she said that nobody had contact with Joana’s mother during two and a half months after she returned from the PJ in Faro.

A supposed cell mate of Leonor even stated that the inmates were “threatened by the guards” not to hurt Leonor. Concerning the aggressions, “her initial version was that it was the police who beat her up”, she said.

Defense will call ten inmates into court

Joana’s mother’s lawyer was caught by surprise yesterday by the testimonies that advance a new version of the facts that could explain the marks of violence on his client.

Marcos Aragão Correia told 24Horas that he “had never heard about aggressions by inmates against Leonor Cipriano inside the prison”, and therefore has already prepared ten witnesses to testify in court in order to contradict the theory, “if the defense calls the persons that were heard by SIC”.

“I have ten inmates who are willing to go defend Leonor in court”, he guaranteed.

For now, Marcos Aragão Correia is counting on 15 defense witnesses, whose request “was already filed”. They include names like António Leandro, Leonor Cipriano’s former partner at the time when Joana died, former Polícia Judiciária inspector Barra da Costa, relatives of Leandro and the director of the Prison of Odemira, Ana Maria Calado, whose testimony Aragão Correia does not abdicate from, although she was dispensed by the collective of judges at the Court of Faro. The lawyer considers the possibility of appealing to the Relation Court of Évora.

Phone calls

Lawyer Carlos Arroba da Silva clarified that “if the court or someone related to the process understands that those testimonies may help in the discovery of the truth”, the persons that were heard during the program could “be summoned to testify in court”.

source: 24Horas, 20.11.2008
By Astro
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Murder of Joana Cipriano - Page 6 Empty Duarte Levy said inmate had boasted of assaulting Cipriano

Post  Guest Thu 20 Nov - 10:59

Duarte Levy on one of his blogs months ago reported on a conversation he'd had with an inmate of Odemeira Prison who openly boasted of having taken part in this assault!

Rather more credible than Amaral putting his reputation on the line I should think...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Thu 20 Nov - 12:31

Pragal Colaço – who represents the four inspectors from the Violent Crime Combat Directory – said it “won’t be necessary” to call those witnesses, given the fact that he considers that the testimonies from the prison doctor and from the Public Ministry’s prosecutor who started the process were already “decisive to reach the truth”.

This is becoming a joke....why are the judges even entertaining Correia now?
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 20 Nov - 14:50

Its a shame they didnt leave her dead as she left her daughter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 19 Mar - 4:38

Female Sex Killers: The Devious Predators

April 30, 2009

As an expert criminal profiler who has studied and investigated serial killers for over 20 years, Dr. Deborah Schurman-Kauflin has had contact with some of the world's most elusive hunters. Dr. Schurman-Kauflin is also the only profiler who has ever interviewed and profiled a large group of female serial killers. As a result of her first-hand experience, Dr. Schurman-Kauflin has come away with a vast knowledge of female predators - a knowledge that gives her unique insight into the Sandra Cantu murder case.

"Though rare, such predators are more common than the general public knows," Dr. Schurman-Kauflin told Investigation Discovery. "Why? In most instances, when a female rapes and kills a victim, the act is done in conjunction with a male partner. As such, when caught, the females play innocent and blame the male. This strategy has proven highly effective over the years because people are hesitant to believe that a woman could rape and murder. But it does happen, and sometimes, the female will act alone."

Of the many interviews that she has conducted, Dr. Schurman-Kauflin said that the only offender who ever made her feel uncomfortable was a female sex killer who bragged about the pleasure she felt whenever she drew blood with a knife. That same offender also told Dr. Schurman-Kauflin that given the opportunity, she would kill again.

"These offenders are a unique breed in that they have a real taste for hurting helpless victims," Dr. Schurman-Kauflin said. "They enjoy the feeling they get when using objects to rape. In fact, female rape killers will often use jagged instruments when they attack. These women are especially brutal with female victims, and will almost always mutilate the genitalia. Such women have told me that they chose to hurt their victims so viciously because it turned them on. Like their male counterparts, it was sexually exciting."

According to Dr. Schurman-Kauflin, it is the gender of these "super predators" that allows them access to almost any type of victim.

"To capture their prey, these women use a rouse to trick their victims who are always smaller in size," Dr. Schurman-Kauflin said. "They use their gender as a cover for their evil intentions because most people find it hard to believe that the fairer sex could rape and kill a child. However, children are not their only victims. Such offenders have been known to target adults since everyone is less wary of a woman."

Through her studies, Dr. Schurman-Kauflin has learned that female killers are drawn to traditionally feminine jobs, such as nursing, care giving, teaching and the sex trade.

"These fields give them natural cover to get close to victims," she said. "Like their male counterparts, female sex killers fantasize about rape and murder. However, unlike men, women tend to be less selective about the type of victims they choose. For instance, male sex killers typically prefer certain types of victim such as twenty-year-old blondes. But for the women, victim age and gender are less important than opportunity. Female predators search for that which is easy to get. If she works in a nursing home, she may go after the elderly and rape them in their beds. If the woman works as a prostitute, she will target customers. If she teaches, she often sets her sights on students. These women crave what is familiar to them, and they watch their prey over time to assess how easy it would be to attack. The killers tend to have spotty work histories as well as a string of failed relationships. They dabble in sexual relationships and will try everything from lesbianism to child molestation. Emotionally they find it hard to be centered, and family will cover for the women when they engage in strange behavior."

By looking at the predators backgrounds, Dr. Schurman-Kauflin has found that their life patterns tend to include:

* Loneliness
* Child abuse (victim of)
* Fantasy; Acting out (violent against animals & other children)
* Sexually promiscuous
* Psychopathic behavior (stealing, fire setting, lying)
* Attaching to steady figure (older male)
* Increased time alone
* Practicing violence
* Kidnap; and Kill

"The interesting part of this pattern is that when looking back, it is easy to see how the women progressed," Dr. Schurman-Kauflin said. "And there is almost always someone who knew about the increasingly dangerous behavior but did nothing to stop it. There is a tendency in families to hide problems, and those that produce female rape murderers are no exception. The crimes are so aberrant that even those close to these women find it hard to believe that their child/friend/spouse could do such things. The women are well aware of this and use it to their advantage. At every turn, they will plant doubt into the minds of those who question. They will act strange on purpose to try to confuse people. Then they turn on the water works and cry to appear innocent. The thing that tends to be consistent with these killers is that people around them will say that the women were strange or unusual. Others will even say that the women made them feel uncomfortable at times, but again, because of their gender, people are reluctant to be suspicious."

According to Dr. Schurman-Kauflin, the female predator will go to emotional extremes when they are caught and will do anything from attempting to seduce an investigator, to acting out in an almost psychotic way. While they will be more receptive when talking to other female killers, they will lie and give self-serving confessions.

"They will be flamboyant and spin tales of their own horrific abuse in order to garner sympathy," Dr. Schurman-Kauflin said. "However, make no mistake, such women are devious and know exactly what they are doing. They use the rarity of their crimes to hide the truth of what lies beneath their façades. These types of crimes are actually becoming more common, so parents must become educated about this newer predator that is stalking their children. As awareness grows, expect to see the discovery of more of these types of crimes. When society realizes what has been hiding in its midst, an innocence will be lost, but protection will be gained."

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/04/female-sex-killers.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next