Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

saint kate nominated for book award

+24
Claudia79
kitti
Lillyofthevalley
Carolina
LJC
tigger
Keela
fred
chrissie1
NoStone
Justiceforallkids
fedrules
mara thon
ann_chovey
Colonel Fabien
tanszi
gillyspot
Loveday
Lioned
Badboy
Autumn
HiDeHo
harryfifi
mumbles
28 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 2 Empty Re: saint kate nominated for book award

Post  Keela Wed 19 Oct - 12:09

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Keela: I'm not the only one then to have considered the dreadful possibility of the McCanns being given some award or another and / or becoming patrons of a children's or missing persons' charity. Please God (I'm an atheist though!) it will never happen but, as you said, if it did I hope that other award winners would send theirs back. I don't know if you're old enough to remember that's exactly what happened when the Beatles were given MBEs in the 1960s.

I like your user name by the way. Now we just need an Eddie.

I am old enough to remember what happened when the Beatles got their gongs. I hope that others would follow suit if the dastardly duo ever got any type of award. it annoys the hell out of me when people get awards when they are not truly deserved. I think but can't remember that Diana Lamplugh got an MBE ( or might have been higher) for her work and she was one lady who thoroughly deserved it. She did so much to raise awareness. To get an award or knighthood for "services to entertainment, Services to football, services to broadcasting"etc etc etc when you have been well paid for what you did is an insult to those who have worked tirelessly for their particular causes without any thought of themselves or getting a huge slap on the back for it.

Thank you for the compliment on my name. I used to be called Sasha but changed this as it was the name of my cat and I lost her last year and it was upsetting. So I changed it to Keela in recognition of one of the greatest dogs who ever put on a dog collar!
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :
saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 2 Empty Re: saint kate nominated for book award

Post  Badboy Wed 19 Oct - 12:17

HiDeHo wrote:member on mcf claiming Freud involved in pr...haven't checked it out myself..

http://www.thedrum.co.uk/news/2011/08/11/galaxy-extends-partnership-quick-reads-2012
CLEMENT RAPHAEL FREUD MEET THEM IN PDL IN 2007,DIED 2009,FATHER IN LAW? OF ELIZABETH FREUD,MARRIED TO HIS SON? MATTHEW
SEE WIKIPEDIA
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :
saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 19 Oct - 19:11

malena stool wrote:
Autumn wrote:interesting snippet by Jilly Cooper.........

JILLY COOPER - Aug 2011

Towards the end of April, JUMP! came out in paperback and wonderfully went straight to Number One. My publishers Transworld took me out to a glorious celebratory dinner at the Caprice: (oh those divine fishcakes). They were all, I felt, rather strung up because they were poised to publish Madeleine by Kate McCann, about which I have to admit I expressed reservations. Bill Scott-Kerr, Transworld’s editorial director, however insisted they all adored Kate and Gerry McCann, totally believed their story and felt Kate had written a heartbreaking, truthful, incredibly important book.

And weren’t they right! Madeleine received wonderful, wonderful reviews, has been a phenomenal bestseller, and let us pray that one day they will find their little girl.

http://www.jillycooper.co.uk/notes/notes_2011_08_pg1.html
Oh jolly good show...haw haw haw.... Jilly writes a good novel about horses but has no real idea about child neglecters...

Never liked her much anyway so no reservations on my part to put her in to the 'Child neglecting sympathisers bin'.

Wonder if she's another one who thinks its good parenting to leave your kids at home and go off down the pub for a few beers with your mates.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Loveday Wed 19 Oct - 19:58

Lioned wrote:
malena stool wrote:
Autumn wrote:interesting snippet by Jilly Cooper.........

JILLY COOPER - Aug 2011

Towards the end of April, JUMP! came out in paperback and wonderfully went straight to Number One. My publishers Transworld took me out to a glorious celebratory dinner at the Caprice: (oh those divine fishcakes). They were all, I felt, rather strung up because they were poised to publish Madeleine by Kate McCann, about which I have to admit I expressed reservations. Bill Scott-Kerr, Transworld’s editorial director, however insisted they all adored Kate and Gerry McCann, totally believed their story and felt Kate had written a heartbreaking, truthful, incredibly important book.

And weren’t they right! Madeleine received wonderful, wonderful reviews, has been a phenomenal bestseller, and let us pray that one day they will find their little girl.

http://www.jillycooper.co.uk/notes/notes_2011_08_pg1.html
Oh jolly good show...haw haw haw.... Jilly writes a good novel about horses but has no real idea about child neglecters...

Never liked her much anyway so no reservations on my part to put her in to the 'Child neglecting sympathisers bin'.

Wonder if she's another one who thinks its good parenting to leave your kids at home and go off down the pub for a few beers with your mates.

She's just a gibbering idiot. She'd probably leave her kids with a horse.
Loveday
Loveday
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 300
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Tue 1 Nov - 18:20

I read Kate's book recently as I found it in the cupboard of a house we rented in Sicily. I actually thought it was rather well written and was so convincing that I now wonder if Maddie really was taken from her bed. One thing I am sure of, is that Kate is devastated by the loss of her daughter. The part where she talks about a dream where she's told that Madeleine is at school and she is finally able to hold her in her arms again, is so moving that I find it impossible to believe that Kate could have invented it.

Another part which troubled me was the fact that, according to Kate, there had been a number of cases in the area prior to Madeleine's disappearance of men getting into bed with children who they abused. She also claims this person or persons targeted the children of British holiday makers.

I honestly don't know what to believe anymore. I would never have bought this book but, having read Amaral's, I decided that, in the interest of fairness, I should also read Kate's. I now feel that either Madeleine was abducted and that somebody planted cadaver scent and human blood before the arrival of the sniffer dogs in order to try and extract a confession from the McCanns or that only Gerry knows what happened.

I just felt Kate seemed so sincere in her writing and I actually feel really guilty and uneasy...
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Tue 1 Nov - 18:23

fedrules wrote:I read Kate's book recently as I found it in the cupboard of a house we rented in Sicily. I actually thought it was rather well written and was so convincing that I now wonder if Maddie really was taken from her bed. One thing I am sure of, is that Kate is devastated by the loss of her daughter. The part where she talks about a dream where she's told that Madeleine is at school and she is finally able to hold her in her arms again, is so moving that I find it impossible to believe that Kate could have invented it.

Another part which troubled me was the fact that, according to Kate, there had been a number of cases in the area prior to Madeleine's disappearance of men getting into bed with children who they abused. She also claims this person or persons targeted the children of British holiday makers.

I honestly don't know what to believe anymore. I would never have bought this book but, having read Amaral's, I decided that, in the interest of fairness, I should also read Kate's. I now feel that either Madeleine was abducted and that somebody planted cadaver scent and human blood before the arrival of the sniffer dogs in order to try and extract a confession from the McCanns or that only Gerry knows what happened.

I just felt Kate seemed so sincere in her writing and I actually feel really guilty and uneasy...

Are you being ironic or is this really how you feel?
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Tue 1 Nov - 18:29

fedrules do you really think that?

Have you compared Kate's stories in her book with the actual police statements? The facts don't coincide very much.

gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 1 Nov - 18:45

[quoteaccording to Kate, there had been a number of cases in the area prior to Madeleine's disappearance of men getting into bed with children who they abused. She also claims this person or persons targeted the children of British holiday makers.][/quote]

I wonder why the parents of these children on holiday didn't bother reporting these incidents to the police, or to the British Embassy, as we know the sardine munching police are so corrupt? if someone had broken into my hotel room/apartment, and got into bed with my child to either abuse/read a story/play tiddlywinks, then I think I might have most likely reported it to someone!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 1 Nov - 19:24

well i often dream of my mother and that she hugs me and that she tells me everything will be alright now she s back, and im moved to tears at the very thought of the dream. Its not going to happen my mother's gone ten years or more now, and im sure every single one of us could write something which would tug at the heartstrings and bring tears to eyes, every fiction book is full of similar themes. Im sure K misses Madeleine, what parent wouldnt miss a child, but I also bear in mind that her child is missing allegedly because her parents werent there to prevent it. I dont feel guilty or uneasy i dont think that Ks book is particularly sincere, theres not too much about Madeleine in it, but there it is we all have different opinions, and each is worth the same as the other.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Colonel Fabien Tue 1 Nov - 19:26

Fedrules, I have to admit that I was moved to tears when Kate wrote about the best mushroom rissotto she had ever eaten while dining at Clement Freud's villa in PdL. A particularly poignant moment in the book. Some people however prefer the description of Maddie's genitals being torn apart.
Colonel Fabien
Colonel Fabien
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 347
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 1 Nov - 19:33

Feds saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 2 306321

The gruesome twosome are much more polished now than they were in the 'whoosh cluck,' and 'the situation Madeleine now finds herself in,' days.... They've cocked up left right and centre, and had umpteen bites at the apple. Now Kate has grabbed yet another stab at re-writing history after being able to research how mothers really feel whose children are abducted, and putting it into her very own bewk, which was probably revised and tweaked ad nauseum. Even I could sound convincing as the mother of an abducted child if I had an agenda as big as theirs, and as many unchallenged bites at the apple as these two have had.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 1 Nov - 20:11

Feds......are you on a wind up or on the magic mushrooms or perhaps you have the same brain disease as Bren.

I can understand people being pro before the dogs but you have lost the plot.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Tue 1 Nov - 20:13

Colonel Fabien wrote:Fedrules, I have to admit that I was moved to tears when Kate wrote about the best mushroom rissotto she had ever eaten while dining at Clement Freud's villa in PdL. A particularly poignant moment in the book. Some people however prefer the description of Maddie's genitals being torn apart.

I think you have summed it up quite succinctly, also you too pennylane.

They are well practised in the art of deceit and pound to a penny KM will have had some 'guidance'....a bit of this (make it chatty) a bit of pathos (reduce them to tears) a bit of s&x (it sells)! chuck it all into the mix, serialise it in the newspapers and voila....loadsa money!

i've no doubt Kate does miss Madeleine but I think her tears are mainly for herself.
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 1 Nov - 20:17

Her tears are for what COULD off been had they not done what they did that holiday..

And if your saying that cadaver was planted, then it must off been someone close to her I.e. Gerry.. to take away the heat from himself but it still don't take the fact away that the scent came from a corpse off a three year old.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Tue 1 Nov - 21:01

It should be pointed out that Kate's book is full of lies, especially the one about the attacks on British children while in their rental homes or apartments. These never happened.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 2 Empty Kate's vivid imagination

Post  Guest Tue 1 Nov - 21:35

I'm hoping that the message from Fedrules was a wind up.

The book (I prefer to call it a novel) is just Kate's attempt to rewrite history and persuade everyone that she is after all a genuinely grieving parent, the victim of a crime as much as Madeleine. I can understand Sun readers being taken in but not anyone who has access to the Internet and knows all the things the tabloids don't think we ought to know.

Another quote apart from the infamous one on page 129 that disturbs me greatly is on page 176. "Not being with her, loving her, pleasing her, enjoying her delight, was unbearable".

Does any "normal" parent feel that way about a 3-year-old child?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Tue 1 Nov - 21:46

fred wrote:[quoteaccording to Kate, there had been a number of cases in the area prior to Madeleine's disappearance of men getting into bed with children who they abused. She also claims this person or persons targeted the children of British holiday makers.][/quote]

I wonder why the parents of these children on holiday didn't bother reporting these incidents to the police, or to the British Embassy, as we know the sardine munching police are so corrupt? if someone had broken into my hotel room/apartment, and got into bed with my child to either abuse/read a story/play tiddlywinks, then I think I might have most likely reported it to someone!

I agree with you Fred. I think had there been even one occurrence of some strange man trying to get in bed with a child, never mind a number of strange men, the UK papers would have had screaming headlines. It's all total fabrication.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 2 Empty I'd forgotten that

Post  tigger Wed 2 Nov - 6:54

mara thon wrote:
fred wrote:[quoteaccording to Kate, there had been a number of cases in the area prior to Madeleine's disappearance of men getting into bed with children who they abused. She also claims this person or persons targeted the children of British holiday makers.][/quote]

I agree with you Fred. I think had there been even one occurrence of some strange man trying to get in bed with a child, never mind a number of strange men, the UK papers would have had screaming headlines. It's all total fabrication.

These ridiculous stories fielded by the McCanns at the beginning of this whole affair - I'd forgotten all about it. It's a whole shoal of red herrings.
Lawless villages
Several incidents of men getting into bed etc. - this would really appeal to the media
Men taking photographs
Paedophiles stalking the family
A suspicious character in the cafe when they took the children for ice cream.
Paedophilia isn't punishable by law in Portugal ( this is quite a long time ago, but I'm sure it was one of Kate's pearls of wisdom)
Paedophiles stealing children to order, blond children especially (Maddie had light brown hair but for publicity purposes it changed colour)
There's a whole lot more, but one thing they never mention is that they were warned about recent burglaries at OC, leaving your doors open wouldn't really be sensible. I think even Mrs. Fenn was burgled only a short time before their holiday.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 2 Nov - 7:31

I thought someone had Already discounted these stories.

And what burglar is going to break into an apt and then suddenly turn int a pedophile, It don't happen.

And I notice kate McCann says 'British' tourists .......can the burglar tell from the outside off the apt that a BRITISH family are living their, surely if you wanted a blond hair blue eyed child you would take a german or Swedish child and anyway.....Amalie was blond....Madeleine wasn't.....so why leave her and take Madeleine.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Wed 2 Nov - 7:48

To imply that someone would have planted cadaver odour in the apartment and in the McCanns' rental car is for those who have absolutely no arguments to confront the facts! It is absurd.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 2 Nov - 7:57

I havn"t read the book nor have no desire to after some of the extracts posted on the forum. It is unbelievable that a Mother who put her children in a
creche every day, saw them for 2 hours lunchtime and 1and a half hours teatime should write about love and missing Madeleine when she has been
missing longer than the time she was with her Parents.

We only have to look at the photo of the McCanns outside the Church on Madeleine"s 4th Birthday to see grief was not on the agenda that day . If she
wins the Book Award we all ought to stop buying Galaxy chocolate.!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 2 Nov - 8:00

Carolina wrote:To imply that someone would have planted cadaver odour in the apartment and in the McCanns' rental car is for those who have absolutely no arguments to confront the facts! It is absurd.

saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 2 307691
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 2 Nov - 8:41

ann_chovey wrote:
Colonel Fabien wrote:Fedrules, I have to admit that I was moved to tears when Kate wrote about the best mushroom rissotto she had ever eaten while dining at Clement Freud's villa in PdL. A particularly poignant moment in the book. Some people however prefer the description of Maddie's genitals being torn apart.

I think you have summed it up quite succinctly, also you too pennylane.

They are well practised in the art of deceit and pound to a penny KM will have had some 'guidance'....a bit of this (make it chatty) a bit of pathos (reduce them to tears) a bit of s&x (it sells)! chuck it all into the mix, serialise it in the newspapers and voila....loadsa money!

i've no doubt Kate does miss Madeleine but I think her tears are mainly for herself.

Morning ann chovey saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 2 Icon_flower

I absolutely agree with you. I also believe that Gerry was behind the most sensationalistic contents of the bewk, as it is reminiscent of his abnormal enthusiasm when suggesting Kate pose for the media in a swimsuit shortly after Maddie's disappearance. In addition, there is no way a mother would mention her child's genitals in such a fashion if she believed she might be living a torturous life with a paedophile.

These two are warped and twisted, and I simply cannot understand anyone believing them!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 2 Empty The McCanns' lack of genuine emotion

Post  Guest Wed 2 Nov - 9:59

This video is likely to have been posted before but it's worth watching again to see how easily the McCanns can switch off their grieving parents routine when they think they're not being watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVUnMtW9ciI

Are there any lipreaders who can tell what they were saying at around 2.40 into the video?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Wed 2 Nov - 13:48

No my post wasn't a wind-up. I found there was a huge difference between the way Kate comes across on TV and in her writing. The book did make me feel bad because I just couldn't help wondering if I'd got it all wrong. However, I did notice that she quoted the Zapata judge's opinion on sniffer dogs' reliability, but failed to mention that Zapata subsequently admitted to having murdered his wife and to having kept her body in the places alerted to by the dogs. She also failed to mention that Mr Smith was fairly sure that the abductor he'd seen was Gerry McCann. She tried also to suggest that the same person was seen by Rachel and the group of Irish tourists even though the witness descriptions are quite different. Kate also more or less suggested that Mr Grime 'subconsciously' influenced the dogs to alert to the Mccanns' hire car.

What struck me most was that she'd obviously read forum comments and had tried to address the criticisms of the McCanns' behaviour in the book. I am sure that anyone who hasn't looked into the case in detail will be convinced by what she writes..

fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next