Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

saint kate nominated for book award

+24
Claudia79
kitti
Lillyofthevalley
Carolina
LJC
tigger
Keela
fred
chrissie1
NoStone
Justiceforallkids
fedrules
mara thon
ann_chovey
Colonel Fabien
tanszi
gillyspot
Loveday
Lioned
Badboy
Autumn
HiDeHo
harryfifi
mumbles
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 3 Empty Re: saint kate nominated for book award

Post  pennylane Wed 2 Nov - 14:13

fedrules wrote:No my post wasn't a wind-up. I found there was a huge difference between the way Kate comes across on TV and in her writing. The book did make me feel bad because I just couldn't help wondering if I'd got it all wrong. However, I did notice that she quoted the Zapata judge's opinion on sniffer dogs' reliability, but failed to mention that Zapata subsequently admitted to having murdered his wife and to having kept her body in the places alerted to by the dogs. She also failed to mention that Mr Smith was fairly sure that the abductor he'd seen was Gerry McCann. She tried also to suggest that the same person was seen by Rachel and the group of Irish tourists even though the witness descriptions are quite different. Kate also more or less suggested that Mr Grime 'subconsciously' influenced the dogs to alert to the Mccanns' hire car.

What struck me most was that she'd obviously read forum comments and had tried to address the criticisms of the McCanns' behaviour in the book. I am sure that anyone who hasn't looked into the case in detail will be convinced by what she writes..

A few years back Oprah promoted author James Frey's alleged autobiographical account of drug addiction called A Million Little Pieces which turned it into a best seller. It later transpired that much of the book was fictional and his addiction was greatly exaggerated. The author was exposed as a fake and got into a lot of trouble for deceiving so many people who totally believed his account of his torturous past and how he overcame it.

Writing a book proves nothing as anyone can research a subject and write about it as if it were a first hand experience. It's a lot harder to fake your sincerity when you are being interviewed on live TV.

pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 3 Empty Re: saint kate nominated for book award

Post  Justiceforallkids Wed 2 Nov - 16:00

i have kates book and it didnt make me change my mind yes a few things did make me wonder but then i think back to evey lie that has been told and think no im not wrong
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Wed 2 Nov - 20:22

fedrules wrote:No my post wasn't a wind-up. I found there was a huge difference between the way Kate comes across on TV and in her writing. The book did make me feel bad because I just couldn't help wondering if I'd got it all wrong. However, I did notice that she quoted the Zapata judge's opinion on sniffer dogs' reliability, but failed to mention that Zapata subsequently admitted to having murdered his wife and to having kept her body in the places alerted to by the dogs. She also failed to mention that Mr Smith was fairly sure that the abductor he'd seen was Gerry McCann. She tried also to suggest that the same person was seen by Rachel and the group of Irish tourists even though the witness descriptions are quite different. Kate also more or less suggested that Mr Grime 'subconsciously' influenced the dogs to alert to the Mccanns' hire car.

What struck me most was that she'd obviously read forum comments and had tried to address the criticisms of the McCanns' behaviour in the book. I am sure that anyone who hasn't looked into the case in detail will be convinced by what she writes..

Kate only needs to tell/say/write the truth as the truth does not have any contradictions - it does not deviate - it has no need to panda to the thoughts or opinions of others as it stands high above all else on its own strengths. But neither her or Gerry can do that as they have to spin a web of lies, - a web in which they become more and more entangled in every day.
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 3 Nov - 7:32

You forgot to mention the lie she told about mrs fenn who is now dead and can't defend herself.

It's obvious the book has been boosted up with things to make you wonder but let's not forget, this book IS NOT about Madeleine, it is to get across....the dogs are wrong, the pj were wrong, the cadaver was planted, I am suffering, the nasty bloggers are trolls, I went through IVF so I wouldn't harm Madeleine....all this to counteract ALL the negative things that have been said...AND THAT IS ALL.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 3 Nov - 7:40

kitti wrote:You forgot to mention the lie she told about mrs fenn who is now dead and can't defend herself.

It's obvious the book has been boosted up with things to make you wonder but let's not forget, this book IS NOT about Madeleine, it is to get across....the dogs are wrong, the pj were wrong, the cadaver was planted, I am suffering, the nasty bloggers are trolls, I went through IVF so I wouldn't harm Madeleine....all this to counteract ALL the negative things that have been said...AND THAT IS ALL.

Well said kitti saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 3 307691 saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 3 307691

Now that sales of the Book have dried up the McCanns have exhausted ways of making money, add to this the Trial Date has been set and their Legal
Fees, plus Amaral"s if he wins will knock a big hole in the Royalties ........will they use their own money to carry on searching?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 3 Nov - 7:55

When mr amaral wins the case and the McCanns pay all the legal fees it will be in the papers .....that nasty fat sardine munching wine swilling pig took all our money......so now we have the birth off the FUND II...

The mccanns will be on the prowl once again to get funds and some poor suckers will be taken in or their mates on Facebook will set up a 'fund' link to help the gruesome twosome.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 3 Nov - 8:12

kitti wrote:When mr amaral wins the case and the McCanns pay all the legal fees it will be in the papers .....that nasty fat sardine munching wine swilling pig took all our money......so now we have the birth off the FUND II...

The mccanns will be on the prowl once again to get funds and some poor suckers will be taken in or their mates on Facebook will set up a 'fund' link to help the gruesome twosome.

No, I think they will keep their nestegg and I wouldn"t be surprised if they emigrate. Kate has a few more working years in her and could work abroad

where she wouldn"t be so recognisable. I honestly think they would not have the nerve to ask the public for more money when almost 5 years by the date
of the Trial has produced not one single shred of evidence that Madeleiene is alive.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 3 Nov - 18:32

Panda wrote:
kitti wrote:When mr amaral wins the case and the McCanns pay all the legal fees it will be in the papers .....that nasty fat sardine munching wine swilling pig took all our money......so now we have the birth off the FUND II...

No, I think they will keep their nestegg and I wouldn"t be surprised if they emigrate. Kate has a few more working years in her and could work abroad

where she wouldn"t be so recognisable. I honestly think they would not have the nerve to ask the public for more money when almost 5 years by the date
of the Trial has produced not one single shred of evidence that Madeleiene is alive.
saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 3 306321 Panda, I doubt if there's a country in the English speaking world where the name McCann is not known and their, at best, dubious parenting skills have not been discussed among parents with a normal sense of responsibility towards their children.
Granted they may well be proficient and ably qualified within the confines of their profession and may even be an asset to a community starved of medical professionals but, their name will I think, forever be connected with abhorrent child care and self preservation.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 3 Nov - 20:29

Hi Malena, Kate retained her single name for her work and although I hate to admit it, there are still many people who think the McCanns innocent
because they havn"t read the Files> saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 3 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 3 Nov - 21:33

There will always be some who will refuse to believe that two well educated doctors would treat their children with the offhand disrespect shown by the McCanns. There are probably people around who believe Shipman was a saint.....

Perhaps if the SY review is fair and given air time or an English version of Amaral's work is ever allowed to appear in the UK, people might wonder just why the McCann's thought it was fine for 3 year old Madeleine to baby sit her younger twin siblings and why no Child Protection Agency here in the UK has ever stood up and challenged the McCann's actions.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 3 Nov - 21:49

I must say I"m surprised Amaral did not have the Book published in English once the Apellate Court lifted the Injunction because his theory was one of
those the Final Report indicated. It could be he is waiting for the outcome of the Trial.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 3 Nov - 21:57

I'm sure he knows what he is doing and is playing his cards close to his chest letting them dig their way into a hole in the ground...(metaphorically speaking).
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 3 Nov - 22:05

malena stool wrote:I'm sure he knows what he is doing and is playing his cards close to his chest letting them dig their way into a hole in the ground...(metaphorically speaking).

I hope your"e right Malena, if the McCanns lose this case, they have no alternative but to close the fund because they are unable to prove Madeleine is alive so it would effectively be taking money from the public under false pretences.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 3 Nov - 22:50

Panda wrote:
malena stool wrote:I'm sure he knows what he is doing and is playing his cards close to his chest letting them dig their way into a hole in the ground...(metaphorically speaking).

I hope your"e right Malena, if the McCanns lose this case, they have no alternative but to close the fund because they are unable to prove Madeleine is alive so it would effectively be taking money from the public under false pretences.
Short of Madeleine making an appearance with the same spontaneity as which she disappeared they will never be able to prove she is still alive...

Most countries have a set period of time (7 years in many common law jurisdictions) after which an individual is presumed to be dead if there is no evidence to the contrary. (Wikepedia).

Missing persons have on rare occasions been found after being declared legally dead. Prisoners of war, people with mental illnesses who become homeless, and in extremely rare circumstances kidnapping victims may be located years after their disappearance. (Wikepedia).

So I expect we will be seeing their begging bowl being shaken for many years yet.....
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 3 Nov - 22:55

malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:

Short of Madeleine making an appearance with the same spontaneity as which she disappeared they will never be able to prove she is still alive...

Most countries have a set period of time (7 years in many common law jurisdictions) after which an individual is presumed to be dead if there is no evidence to the contrary. (Wikepedia).

Missing persons have on rare occasions been found after being declared legally dead. Prisoners of war, people with mental illnesses who become homeless, and in extremely rare circumstances kidnapping victims may be located years after their disappearance. (Wikepedia).

So I expect we will be seeing their begging bowl being shaken for many years yet.....

OH NO Malena , don"t wish that on us saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 3 87849

seriously, this Trial will determine the fate of the McCanns.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie1 Thu 3 Nov - 23:44

Lets hope so.
chrissie1
chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 4 Nov - 9:32

chrissie1 wrote:Lets hope so.

Morning chrissie 1..........If Amaral wins, the McCanns will lose a lot of credibility and slink off into the Sunset hopefully with their ill-gotten gains. saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 3 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Fri 4 Nov - 10:27

Panda wrote:

Morning chrissie 1..........If Amaral wins, the McCanns will lose a lot of credibility and slink off into the Sunset hopefully with their ill-gotten gains. saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 3 25346

Morning guys,

Here's hoping they are forced to use all their ill-gotten gains.... and then don't make it to the border. saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 3 Rollercoaster2
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 4 Nov - 10:39

pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:

Morning guys,

Here's hoping they are forced to use all their ill-gotten gains.... and then don't make it to the border. saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 3 Rollercoaster2

Morning pennylane.....is that a Car driving on the road to nowhere? saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 3 294124

Did you see the thread about Milly Dowlers Sister getting an Award.....much more deserving.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Fri 4 Nov - 10:50

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:

Morning guys,

Morning pennylane.....is that a Car driving on the road to nowhere? saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 3 294124

Did you see the thread about Milly Dowlers Sister getting an Award.....much more deserving.

Hi Panda, that's my idea of a pair of sleazy fugitives, hustling to stay one step ahead of the law. saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 3 294124

The Dowler's have shown enormous dignity, and Milly's sister is most deserving indeed! saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 3 944533
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 4 Nov - 11:19

Before they were made Arquidos , the night before I think, weren't they making plans for people to look after the twins and were thinking about fleeing somewhere?

And I don't mean the UK....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 4 Nov - 11:27

kitti wrote:Before they were made Arquidos , the night before I think, weren't they making plans for people to look after the twins and were thinking about fleeing somewhere?

Morning kitti, I don"t remember anything like that , but do remember they were going to leave Portugal soon anyway because Gerry had to return to work.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 4 Nov - 12:17

Panda wrote:
kitti wrote:Before they were made Arquidos , the night before I think, weren't they making plans for people to look after the twins and were thinking about fleeing somewhere?

Morning kitti, I don"t remember anything like that , but do remember they were going to leave Portugal soon anyway because Gerry had to return to work.

That was the official story from Team McCann. Reality is they legged as they were running scared. When other people are made arquido they have to hand in passports and request permission to leave the country, so someone "official" was helping them even at that time.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Fri 4 Nov - 13:37

fred wrote:
Panda wrote:

That was the official story from Team McCann. Reality is they legged as they were running scared. When other people are made arquido they have to hand in passports and request permission to leave the country, so someone "official" was helping them even at that time.

Someone was helping them from the off. I wouldn't mind betting that some of the deleted calls on THAT night were to people who could help. Why else would they be allowed to leave the country.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

saint kate  nominated for book award   - Page 3 Empty escape over the Spanish border

Post  tigger Fri 4 Nov - 13:45

Panda wrote:

I'll have to check the book, but I'm pretty sure (poss. Blacksmith) that Gerry was all for getting a car, with the twins I think and driving over the Spanish border. Have to check but it's not a myth.

As far as the Fund is concerned, I don't think they can count on much more, I don't know how many supporters they have, but they are dwindling. the great majority of people I try to 'convert' already believe there's something fishy but they're just not interested in doing anything about it.
Getting 3.6 million allocated is pretty weird, can it get weirder? It certainly hasn't made them any more popular in these hard times.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next