Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quote of the Day - Looking back on the Madeleine case

+14
laurie
fedrules
Angelina
Annabel
Alpine Aster
weissnicht
Susan
pm
lynn
lubelle
Pabby
fuzeta
snowflake
Quincy
18 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Quote of the Day - Looking back on the Madeleine case - Page 10 Empty Re: Quote of the Day - Looking back on the Madeleine case

Post  fedrules Fri 23 Oct - 22:35

It's hard to know. Unless new evidence comes to light, it could be the case will remain 'unsolved' for years..like the case of Gregory. I suppose we just have to hope that an investigation is continuing. The police cannot be blind to the circumstantial evidence, backed up by the indicative forensics..I guess it all depends if anyone really wants to see the case solved or whether the charade of looking for Maddie in unlikely places will be permitted to continue..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :
Quote of the Day - Looking back on the Madeleine case - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Quote of the Day - Looking back on the Madeleine case - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Quote of the Day - Looking back on the Madeleine case - Page 10 Empty Re: Quote of the Day - Looking back on the Madeleine case

Post  Lilemor Fri 23 Oct - 22:41

Yes, let us live in hope. It is not a simple case. It is far from simple. And top-lawyers are involved. Makes it really not easier. The top-lawyers are a crucial thing IMO. 
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :
Quote of the Day - Looking back on the Madeleine case - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Quote of the Day - Looking back on the Madeleine case - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 29 Oct - 20:53

Well they did not get around to suing what are normally the McCann friendly Mirror for this one, maybe the Mirror said OK wrists slapped promised we will not do it again Quote of the Day - Looking back on the Madeleine case - Page 10 294124 :

Will tests on hair be key clue? From Ryan Parry in Praia da Luz 12/09/2007

Tests on hair found in the boot of Kate and Gerry McCann’s hire car after daughter Madeleine vanished may hold the key to her disappearance.

The Mirror revealed on Monday that bodily fluid and hair belonging to the four-year-old were found in the Renault Scenic they rented 25 days after she disappeared.

Police told Portuguese media yesterday that substantial quantities of hair were found in the car boot – and toxicology tests had taken place to show if she had been given medication. It could also show if Madeleine was dead when the hair got there.

But police admitted last night that bloodstains in the car are NOT a match to Madeleine’s DNA.

It had been claimed that the samples had provided a “100 per cent” match.

But a senior police source linked to the investigation told Portuguese journalists that the samples were only 88 per cent similar.

And Alipio Ribeiro, head of Portugal’s Policia Judiciaria, said: “It is not true what has been said about some of the analyses ... that a 100 per cent or total DNA match has been obtained.

“None of the results we have received give that mathematical precision.”

Experts at the Forensic Science Service in Britain are understood

to have found partial matches with up to 15 of Madeleine’s 20 genetic markers. A partial match with 10 out of 20 markers has a 10,000 million to one chance of being somebody else’s DNA and a 250,000 to one chance of being a sibling.

Detectives were confident that the samples back their theory that Madeleine was killed accidentally and that her parents – who were declared suspects last week – used the car to move the body.

But they admitted they do not have enough evidence to bring a successful prosecution.

The bulk of the DNA evidence is now with the investigating judge and the results of tests on other samples are still expected.

But Mr Ribeiro added: “These results have to be analysed rigorously and with special care.”

Advertisement - article continues below »

Portuguese coroner Jose Pinto da Costa supported the police case by saying a 25-day-old corpse would be in reasonable enough condition to still bleed.

He said: “Putrification gases from inside the body would push up the diaphragm and blood can come out through the mouth and the nose.” The coroner said a forensic laboratory can just as easily analyse a dry blood sample, adding: “If mummies can be identified, why can’t they identify corpses?”

The McCanns are protesting their innocence and insist they have been set up.

They have strongly denied any involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance or death and accused the Portuguese police of trying to set them up to cover up for their own bungled inquiries.

Meanwhile it emerged that the couple flew home without handing in the keys to the car at the centre of the investigation.

Hire firm Budget spent 24 hours trying to locate their Renault Scenic after Kate and Gerry McCann left on Sunday without informing them.

A worker was sent from Faro to the villa the McCanns had been renting in Praia da Luz.

And an employee left messages on their press spokeswoman Justine McGuinness’s mobile to try to find out where it was.

Friends of heart surgeon Gerry and GP Kate are thought to be still using the car. Budget said: “We now have an idea of where the car is and when it will be handed back.

“The McCanns didn’t tell us they were leaving the country or hand in the keys to us before they left.

“We didn’t know where the car was or who had it for several hours.

“The police have not asked for it back but we knew the McCanns were in Britain from reading the papers and we obviously wanted to find out what was going on with our vehicle.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  laurie Tue 10 Nov - 0:55

Angelina wrote:
Lilemor wrote:Old article regarding the fund and defense-costs:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1562813/McCanns-may-use-Madeleine-fund-for-defence.html

McCanns may use Madeleine fund for defence

By Nick Britten
Published: 4:34PM BST 11 Sep 2007
Madeleine McCann's parents want to use the £1 million fund donated by the public to help pay for their defence.
Full coverage: The search for Madeleine McCann
The six directors controlling Madeleine's Fund will meet within the next 24 hours to discuss whether to release the money if the McCanns are charged.
The move could anger many donors who handed over money believing it would be used solely to help find the missing four-year-old.

If it is decided not to use the cash, the McCanns face financial ruin.
They are thought to earn around £120,000 a year but have not worked since May.
Mr McCann, a cardiologist, has been on unpaid leave and Mrs McCann has given up her role as a GP.
With no income and facing huge legal bills for a fight that could last several years, the couple will have to find the money from other donors, their family or through drastic measures like selling their house.
They are keen for the money to be released after hiring a senior legal team including Michael Caplin QC, who has represented a string of high-profile clients such as General Augusto Pinochet.
One director, Esther McVey, a former television presenter, said: "At the moment none of the fund has been used to pay for the defence case. But we are convening a meeting to decide if it can be used.
"When the fund was set up, one of its stated aims was to provide financial support for Madeleine's family as they searched for her.
"We are uncertain if the use of the money to pay for lawyers in these unexpected circumstances would be in the spirit of that aim. We will be taking advice from a barrister."
Miss McVey, 39, a friend of Mrs McCann's since their student days, refused to comment on whether people had begun asking for their money back after the McCanns were named as formal suspects.
Because the fund is a private business and not a registered charity, the money is not ring-fenced for a particular purpose and there is little to stop the McCanns using the money for legal fees.
The Charity Commission ruled that the fund could not be registered because its aims were not broad enough. Instead, Madeleine’s Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Ltd, was set up as a company. It means that the McCanns only have to get the directors' consent to access the cash.
As well as Miss McVey, the board includes Doug Skehan, 54, a clinical director of cardiology at Glenfield Hospital in Leicester and colleague of Mr McCann, Peter Hubner, 64, a retired consultant and Philip Tomlinson, 76, a lawyer, both of whom are friends.
John McCann, 48, Mr McCann's brother, and Mr Kennedy are also directors but Miss McVey said they would not be able to vote because they are family members.

I haven´t seen this article before but now I am really shocked!
Kennedy is family member?
Donators maybe wahted money back?
Fund was set up to help the McCanns = pay top lawyers?

What about the meeting with the lawyers?

Do we know the results?

Did they in fact pay their defence costs via their daughters fund?

Legal insanity IMO.
It is like irreal.

Isn' there a family member named Kennedy as well as Kennedy of the window empire?

There is Angelina.Kate's Uncle Brian Kennedy who is Kates Mum's Brother
laurie
laurie
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Tue 10 Nov - 7:38

Gosh, I didn't realize quite how damning the 15 DNA markers out of 20 actually are (according to this report). Can there really only be 1 in 250,000 chance of the samples coming from a sibling ? If so, just how much evidence is needed to take a case to court ? No wonder the McCanns left in such a hurry!!
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  laurie Tue 10 Nov - 22:56

fedrules wrote:Gosh, I didn't realize quite how damning the 15 DNA markers out of 20 actually are (according to this report). Can there really only be 1 in 250,000 chance of the samples coming from a sibling ? If so, just how much evidence is needed to take a case to court ? No wonder the McCanns left in such a hurry!!

They were out of PDL pdq as they knew they were trapped while they stayed there.In the UK i believe it is only 12 makers needed but in PDL it is 19.So there being only 15 markers that is why it was inconclusive of being Madeleine's DNA.Unbelievable
laurie
laurie
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 13 Nov - 23:41

Gerry: Looking decidedly righteous. I hope he falls on his ugly mug.

Quote of the Day - Looking back on the Madeleine case - Page 10 Gerry+mccann

"There's no evidence that Madeleine is dead and there's no evidence to implicate us in her death"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 13 Nov - 23:44

No tears, but Kate loves a sneer..

Quote of the Day - Looking back on the Madeleine case - Page 10 Kate+gurn

"...that means that, you know, she must have fallen back asleep very quickly, errm... and then she moved on… you know, she moved on."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 16 Dec - 18:50

she moved on? thats an adult phrase

oh ffs
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 16 Dec - 23:37

amethyst wrote:she moved on? thats an adult phrase

oh ffs

Yes, Kate does have a way with words.
And sneers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Sat 19 Dec - 15:29

News from 2007, June

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/multimedia/pa/article231750.ece

POLICE hunting the fiend who snatched Madeleine McCann have identified the DNA of a stranger in her holiday apartment.

Confirming the breakthrough yesterday, forensic scientists announced they had found traces of a virtually unique genetic fingerprint.

The crucial find at an undisclosed spot inside the holiday home does not match any member of the McCann family.

Police said the DNA could belong to Maddie’s abductor and were continuing checks to eliminate innocent visitors.

But officers confirmed the traces do NOT match the genetic data of the prime suspect, oddball expat Robert Murat, 33.

A source at Portugal’s forensic science institute said: “There is a new suspect. Tests detected the presence of a sixth person ? not Gerry, Kate or their three children.

“It is an important step in the investigation. But we cannot make any connection between the material collected and the suspects we already have.

“The evidence does not identify the suspect Murat but this does not mean he is ruled out of the inquiry.”

It is now 30 days since four-year-old Maddie was snatched from her bed in Praia da Luz on Portugal’s Algarve coast on May 3. Madeleine’s parents. doctors Gerry and Kate, both 38, from Rothley, Leics, have been informed of the find.

But it is unlikely to narrow down the manhunt because Portugal does not have a computerised DNA database of known perverts.

A Portuguese police source said last night: “This is potentially vital new evidence. The DNA belongs to a complete stranger.

“In the UK, traces can be cross-matched very quickly. But unfortunately there is no facility in Portugal to speed up checks. We are in the process of setting one up.”

Hmmmmm....
Could be the DAN of a VIP?!
Crucial?
The reason for a possible cover up?
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Mon 22 Feb - 10:07

leviathon wrote:Hmmmmm....
Could be the DAN of a VIP?!
Crucial?
The reason for a possible cover up?
Lilemor
Platinum Poster

hi eraumavez
I have no idea what is meant by 'could be DAN of VIP', unless DAN is meant to be DNA.

DNA
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Mon 22 Feb - 10:17

My pleasure Quote of the Day - Looking back on the Madeleine case - Page 10 Icon_flower !
By the way: I am Lilemor Quote of the Day - Looking back on the Madeleine case - Page 10 294124
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Sun 28 Mar - 17:20

Quote of the Day - Looking back on the Madeleine case - Page 10 306321

There has been a lot of lies, and yes the Mccanns do have a strange way of talking very odd what they say
Eve
Eve
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 225
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  stifmeister Fri 13 May - 10:18

pm wrote:Quote of the Day - Looking back on the Madeleine case

I totally agree with u, it all sounds too fishy all of it!!

“Jenni: And how will you deal with the guilt that will probably stay with you forever of having left Madeleine alone?

Kate: Well, I have actually come to terms a little bit with... with that, Jenni, I mean, you know... I know the, errm, I know the situation that we were in that night and uh, I've said all along, I didn't feel I was taking a risk. Errm, yeah, I... I do feel desperately sorry I wasn't with Madeleine at that minute when she was taken.”

Kate McCann, in: Woman's Hour on BBC Radio Four, August 8, 2007

+/-

+/-

by astro
stifmeister
stifmeister

Male
Number of posts : 6
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Fri 13 May - 14:43

stifmeister

Thank you for that little quote from pm.

It's this bit that is interesting for me:

"I do feel desperately sorry I wasn't with Madeleine at that minute when she was taken.”

Sounds like it could mean something other than abduction.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Quote of the Day - Looking back on the Madeleine case - Page 10 Empty The full story.

Post  stifmeister Mon 16 May - 13:57

Can anyone direct me to the full story from start to finish of the McCanne saga ? Im able to get bits and pieces but i want to hear Kates full story without having to pay for it, as i know its going to be a complete farce!
stifmeister
stifmeister

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Tue 17 May - 9:31

stifmeister

I wish "babel fish" was available for you or maybe "Matrix style loading" would be helpful - because there is so much to read and I don't think there is any one place to read everything about Kate's version.

I started at http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

And progressed to AnnaEsse at http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Then found forums and other places of interest - there are lots links on these sites which you can read as well. Basically - just keep reading. There are also the statements on here your can browse.

Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Quote of the Day - Looking back on the Madeleine case - Page 10 Empty Madeleine story!!

Post  stifmeister Tue 17 May - 10:05

Thanks Angelique i will try this link!!
stifmeister
stifmeister

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10