Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mondays crimewatch

+31
jinvta
A_T
malena stool
interested
mossman
dazedandconfused
tanszi
margaret
Panda
LJC
pennylane
James
Keela
jassi
chrissie
Lioned
macgee
quickfingers
MaryB
mara thon
kitti
Annabel
pipstar1
jeanmonroe
Hongkong Phooey
the slave
chrissie1
comperedna
Bebootje
Krisy22
cherry1
35 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

mondays crimewatch  - Page 2 Empty Re: mondays crimewatch

Post  pennylane Sun 13 Oct - 18:57

margaret wrote:I'll be watching!  I want to see exactly what Redwoods revelation is.

Me, I'm not going to be able to stomach DCI Deadwood's rewriting of history 'revelations' without it having an adverse affect on my health.  I will have to record it, and peek in here afterwards to check out the climate! mondays crimewatch  - Page 2 424625
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
mondays crimewatch  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100mondays crimewatch  - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 13 Oct - 18:59

pennylane wrote:
margaret wrote:I'll be watching!  I want to see exactly what Redwoods revelation is.
Me, I'm not going to be able to stomach DCI Deadwood's rewriting of history 'revelations' without it having an adverse affect on my health.  I will have to record it, and peek in here afterwards to check out the climate! mondays crimewatch  - Page 2 424625
Yep, same here penny.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
mondays crimewatch  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100mondays crimewatch  - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 13 Oct - 19:02

Pat Brown has tweeted: "If the timeline and appeal tomorrow downplay the Smith sighting, that will be the icing on the whitewash cake".

I would say that should include "the dogs".
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Sun 13 Oct - 19:04

wjk wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Yep, same here penny.
I know what you both mean but l am impatient so I've got to watch it straight away. I'll have here, Jill's and twitter all open too to see what's being said because people are cleverer than me at remembering and piecing bits together. mondays crimewatch  - Page 2 294124 
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Sun 13 Oct - 19:14

I have just been watching UK Channel 4 news, and I am more and more convinced that the major problem is with our press... our newspapers... aka the 'dead tree press!' ... mostly, but not entirely the tabloids. Some stuff in the broadsheets is also crazy from time to time.

Now more of the sensible correspondents are in PDL... Now more high end commentators in the studios on TV are being asked for their opinions. I was getting the supper and listening carefully, but not watching, as one of them spoke. It could have been the well respected Simon Israel, but it might also not have been. When asked specifically about the new revelations due tomorrow, this chap sighed, and said: 'Well.. it is a new theory'... and, of course, it will be just that...

Goncalo Amaral has described all the possibilities, quite correctly, as theories... and that is what they will remain unless and until enough new evidence is dug up to take someone or other to court, and they are convicted. Theories about some dead paedophile, for instance, if that is on the card are NBG, utterly hopeless, because you cannot try a dead person, so the speculation will go on... and on... and on... and there will never be closure for relatives, or anyone else. Let's hope the moving finger of Andy Redwood does not point to one of those!
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 13 Oct - 19:17

margaret wrote:
wjk wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Yep, same here penny.
I know what you both mean but l am impatient so I've got to watch it straight away.  I'll have here, Jill's and twitter all open too to see what's being said because people are cleverer than me at remembering and piecing bits together. mondays crimewatch  - Page 2 294124 

There is sort of a funny air about the thing really. It is either the beginning or the end. Neither a nice outcome but I suppose at least the beginning could give some justice to Madeleine. If it is the end, then it is a sad day for all mankind, if those in society who should be most trusted will blatantly lie and cover up for god only knows who and what.

As always time will tell us very soon but there is an odd sort of feeling surrounding the whole thing. I really would expect less fanfare and trumpet blowing from SY and BBC no matter what the revelations might be. There is after all a child gone.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sun 13 Oct - 19:23

If G McCann says he saw Madeleine around 9 and then the other guy who checked didn't look in the room, then I suppose that gives around an hour.  I think JT's sighting will be discounted as mistaken wrong time or other.  And as for the Smith sighting well I think that must be the most significant one.  So I wonder what they will say about that.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 13 Oct - 19:52

mossman wrote:
margaret wrote:
wjk wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Yep, same here penny.
I know what you both mean but l am impatient so I've got to watch it straight away.  I'll have here, Jill's and twitter all open too to see what's being said because people are cleverer than me at remembering and piecing bits together. mondays crimewatch  - Page 2 294124 
There is sort of a funny air about the thing really.  It is either the beginning or the end.  Neither a nice outcome but I suppose at least the beginning could give some justice to Madeleine.  If it is the end, then it is a sad day for all mankind, if those in society who should be most trusted will blatantly lie and cover up for god only knows who and what.

As always time will tell us very soon but there is an odd sort of feeling surrounding the whole thing.  I really would expect less fanfare and trumpet blowing from SY and BBC no matter what the revelations might be.  There is after all a child gone.
Way to go margaret! Thank goodness you are both impatient and brave.  It's much appreciated by those of us with a delicate disposition! mondays crimewatch  - Page 2 Icon_flower

Yes, mossman, it's all very surreal. The whole thing is unseemly and vulgar, and not what you'd expect from SY or BBC.  But then I guess poor old Andy is fitting a square peg in a round hole, and there really isn't a wholesome or classy way of achieving that objective!  

I'm not sure I'm surprised at what I see unfolding, but nonetheless it's depressing to have your worst fears confirmed, and I'm afraid that is what is happening here.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 13 Oct - 20:34

pennylane wrote:
mossman wrote:
margaret wrote:
wjk wrote:
pennylane wrote:Me, I'm not going to be able to stomach DCI Deadwood's rewriting of history 'revelations' without it having an adverse affect on my health.  I will have to record it, and peek in here afterwards to check out the climate! mondays crimewatch  - Page 2 424625
Yep, same here penny.
There is sort of a funny air about the thing really.  It is either the beginning or the end.  Neither a nice outcome but I suppose at least the beginning could give some justice to Madeleine.  If it is the end, then it is a sad day for all mankind, if those in society who should be most trusted will blatantly lie and cover up for god only knows who and what.

As always time will tell us very soon but there is an odd sort of feeling surrounding the whole thing.  I really would expect less fanfare and trumpet blowing from SY and BBC no matter what the revelations might be.  There is after all a child gone.
Way to go margaret! Thank goodness you are both impatient and brave.  It's much appreciated by those of us with a delicate disposition! mondays crimewatch  - Page 2 Icon_flower

Yes, mossman, it's all very surreal. The whole thing is unseemly and vulgar, and not what you'd expect from SY or BBC.  But then I guess poor old Andy is fitting a square peg in a round hole, and there really isn't a wholesome or classy way of achieving that objective!    

I'm not sure I'm surprised at what I see unfolding, but nonetheless it's depressing to have your worst fears confirmed, and I'm afraid that is what is happening here.

Pennylane you have summed this whole terrible saga from start to finish up in just one word. - vulgar. That is how it started, how they have behaved since and now possibly going to end.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 13 Oct - 20:42

I cannot get my head round the 'Timings' headline in tomorrows Express. 

(http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/436291/EXCLUSIVE-Events-and-timings-on-night-Madeleine-McCann-vanished-under-intense-scrutiny)

EXCLUSIVE: Events and timings on night Madeleine McCann vanished under 'intense scrutiny'

THE known events surrounding the disappearance of Madeleine McCann are wrong, Scotland Yard sensationally announced last night.

By: James Murray
Published: Sun, October 13, 2013

mondays crimewatch  - Page 2 03900452-436291The events surrounding Madeleine's disappearance are wrong according to Scotland Yard [EPA]
In another bombshell development they also said the “timeline” of key events relating to the abduction is also incorrect.

For years it was thought Madeleine was taken at about 9.15 pm from her apartment 5 a of the Ocean Club complex at Praia da Luz on the Algarve in Portugal on May 3 2007.

However, Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood said last night: “Our work to date has significantly changed the timeline and the accepted version of events that has been in the public domain to date.”

Scotland Yard declined to give details of their new timeline, but his remarks provoked the question-just when was Madeleine abducted?

DCI Redwood said: “Primarily what we sought to do from the beginning is to try and draw everything back to zero if you like, try and take everything back to the beginning and then re analyse and re assess everything.”

mondays crimewatch  - Page 2 85916A clip from the Crimewatch production [BBC]

A careful and critical analysis of the timeline has been “absolutely key” to the process, which has meant detectives concentrating on what exactly happened between 8. 30 pm and 10 pm on the night Madeleine was taken.

At 8.30pm Kate and Gerry went to the nearby Tapas bar for their dinner with seven holiday friends, leaving Madeleine, then three, and twins Sean and Amelie, then 18 months, alone in the apartment.

The McCann’s friend Jane Tanner has said that at about 9.15pm she saw a man carrying a small child walk away from apartment 5 a. 

She saw the mystery man as she walked past Gerry McCann and holidaymaker Jez Wilkins, who were standing by a sidegate to apartment 5a. They did not see her.

DCI Redwood said at 10 pm Kate went to the apartment to find Madeleine was not there.

The revelations came as Crimewatch released moving film of their special reconstruction to be screened on BBC One tomorrow night, showing a child actress as Madeleine playing tennis with her parents Kate and Gerry, played by actors.

The little girl looks uncannily like Madeline, who was pictured holding tennis balls aged three shortly before she was taken from the Ocean Club.

Moving images of the heart rending re-enactment can be seen on our website along with an emotional interview with Kate and Gerry and the officer leading the Scotland Yard team, DCI Redwood.

The new information comes at a crucially important week in the investigation, which has become a mammoth operation now spreading deep into the heart of Europe with television appeals going out in Holland on Tuesday and in Germany on Wednesday.

mondays crimewatch  - Page 2 85917Madeleine's parents speaking during the Crimewatch piece [BBC]

Our work to date has significantly changed the timeline and the accepted version of events that has been in the public domain to date
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood

The Crimewatch reconstruction was filmed in Spain, lasts almost 25 minutes and will feature e fits of potential suspects.

DCI Redwood said: “Through meticulously drawing together specific information the team have been able to refocus the timeline and now place more significance on events that night.

“The timeline we have now established has given new significance to sightings and movements of people in and around Praia da Luz at the time of Madeleine’s disappearance.

“It has allowed us to work with Crimewatch to build the most detailed reconstruction as yet, and highlight very specific appeal points.

“I hope that when the public see our investigative strands drawn together within the overall context of that appeal, it will bring in new information that moves our investigation forward.”

A Yard spokesperson would not be drawn on details but added: ‘‘Through meticulously drawing together specific information the team have been able to refocus the timeline and now place more significance on events that night.”

The spokesperson added: “Also featuring in the appeal will be a number of e-fits of men that police are keen to speak to. They were all sightings in and around Praia da Luz in the days before and on Thursday, 3 May 2007 - the day of Madeleine’s disappearance.

“The purpose of the appeal is to try and identify these men, to eliminate any innocent sightings or to establish if they are connected in any way.

“The McCann’s will make a live appeal in the studio, supported by the senior investigating officer, Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood.

mondays crimewatch  - Page 2 86080The Police are hopeful the programme will aid the investigation [GETTY]

The Operation Grange incident room at Belgravia police station will be staffed during the appeal and the days that follow.

A dedicated call centre will also be opened at Hendon police training centre.

In what must be difficult scenes for the McCanns to watch, a blonde haired child actress plays he role of their daughter to recreate a once happy family moment before the abduction, when the McCanns played tennis with their daughter on courts by the pool of the Ocean Club complex.

In a real picture, smiling Madeleine, wearing pink shorts, top and a floppy hat, is seen smiling as she holds tennis balls.

The unnamed child actress, wearing similar clothes, recreates the scene, happily running around the court as actors playing her parents hit balls.

In a pre recorded interview for Crimewatch, strained looking Kate and Gerry are asked about the impact of Madeleine’s disappearance and the hole that it has left in their lives.

Gerry said: “When you should be at your happiest, when Madeleine’s not there...that’s when it really hits home..obviously Madeleine’s birthday goes without saying.”

Kate adds: “It’s when you have big family occasions and you haven’t got your complete family.”

Unquote

If the timings surrounding Madeleine's disappearance, which were given by Madeleine's parents and their tapas buddies and accepted as the 'Gold Standard' by everyone including the Portuguese Police, the Media and the pro's for that matter are shown to be 'questionable,' then everyone who has given these statements and those whose statements agree with these 'timings' must have been disingenuous with their facts...

This surely will cast a cloud over every episode of litigation by the McCanns and every decision taken by a court.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

mondays crimewatch  - Page 2 Empty E-fits just released

Post  Annabel Sun 13 Oct - 20:46

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 13 Oct - 20:54

Sorry, but this bit made me laugh -

The little girl looks uncannily like Madeline, who was pictured holding tennis balls aged three shortly before she was taken from the Ocean Club.
You'd think they would have been able to afford new ones, you can get 3 tennis balls for 99p from Asda. mondays crimewatch  - Page 2 294124 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Sun 13 Oct - 20:58

That could be Gerry and O'Brien.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 13 Oct - 20:59

The guy on the left looks like Gerry. The guy on the right looks like someone too but I can't place him
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 13 Oct - 21:03

The guy on the left is a dead wringer for Gerry McCann. I'm hoping he will be arrested during that anticipated live interview.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 13 Oct - 21:04

The one on the left has a flat head like gerry and the one on the right could be one of Santa's little helpers.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie1 Sun 13 Oct - 21:05

Des Oconner:lmao: 
chrissie1
chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 13 Oct - 21:31

With all the contradictions/discrepancies plus the picture resembling Gerry McCann, will they even show up for the live interview? Personally I would rather the Smith family be interviewed.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 13 Oct - 21:41

I don't believe for one second they will do a live interview. They will sit in the studio, Gerry looking smug and defiant, Kate with her worn out sorrowful face. The will be asked one stupid question like are you sad and Kate will take a deep breath, shrug her shoulders and try to remember the answer is yes while Gerry holds some piece of her anatomy and looks at her.

It was an interview and it was live, no recourse to the complaints commission for false advertising.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 13 Oct - 21:46

The story is already unravelling. The timeline is wrong, the last photo wasn't and now Madeleine was left in an apartment 100 yards away. There's no way that this can possibly be a Good Thing for the McCanns.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sun 13 Oct - 22:08

I read the Crimewatch interview is pre-recorded but they are flying to Germany to do a live recording I think on Wednesday.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 13 Oct - 22:41

MaryB wrote:I read the Crimewatch interview is pre-recorded but they are flying to Germany to do a live recording I think on Wednesday.
Thanks MaryB,
Why on earth would they want to fly to Germany to do a live recording, yet do a pre-recorded and no doubt scripted, rehearsed and heavily edited one here in the UK?
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Sun 13 Oct - 22:43

One positive about the Crimewatch programme is that even the most devout believers that Madeleine was abducted are questioning the amount spent on the search for her alone when there are so many other missing children.  My town has its own facebook page and tonight someone has posted stating their disapproval of the amounts of money being spent on a single missing child.  Lots of replies from the naive saying that they were heartless posting that when a child needs finding and I just had to leave my comments about the official Portuguese files and the dogs' indications.  I'll probably get a brick through the window tonight and not from McCann supporters but those who genuinely believe the party line about abduction

Last edited by dazedandconfused on Sun 13 Oct - 22:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sun 13 Oct - 22:55

I hope this Crimewatch programme is worthwhile.  And we're not all left thinking well what a complete waste of time that was.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 13 Oct - 23:06

Judging by the way Andrew Marr shrugged off the Red Tops this morning we are not the only ones sceptical at the amount of coverage at the moment.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next