Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh

+39
tanszi
Chris
chrissie1
jassi
MaryB
chrissie
Roasted Arizona
AnnaEsse
dazedandconfused
kitti
Lioned
widowan
jinvta
wantthetruth
pennylane
mara thon
Panda
comperedna
weissnicht
Angelina
mossman
margaret
cass
midnight
Karen
jeanmonroe
fuzeta
malena stool
jejune
almostgothic
Smudge
SteveT
Wintabells
the slave
jay2001
quickfingers
princess_leia
Freja53
fred
43 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 10 Empty Re: Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh

Post  Guest Mon 20 Jan - 12:13

Supposedly because he wasn't well.

Again for clarification, the estranged husband isn't Mikaeel's father.

Everything will no doubt be revealed in time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 10 Empty Re: Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh

Post  pennylane Mon 20 Jan - 12:17

Call me paranoid, but I believe posting up one's children's pictures on a dating website shows a grave lack of judgment!   Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 10 29204
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Mon 20 Jan - 12:46

cass wrote:yes penny it will start today the truth - anyone know when the mother is in court today

Sky says 2pm, no public or press allowed. A court report will then be emailed as what I assume to be a press release of sorts.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Mon 20 Jan - 12:51

thanks mossman
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 20 Jan - 13:19

pennylane wrote:

Call me paranoid, but I believe posting up one's children's pictures on a dating website shows a grave lack of judgment!   Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 10 29204

Thanks pennylane, according to this Report, Pandeep, her Sister owned the House?????Yet the Report i read said she and her ex owned it and rented it out to a professional person , I said a Doctor , but I might be wrong. Another one who loves her children yet kept a 3yr old up til 9pm , no wonder he didn't go to playschool.

@ NBY the three older children were by the first Husband.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Mon 20 Jan - 14:46

IF what is reported is true, his mother seems to have some unsavory acquaintances.  Maybe the poor little boy got his hands on something he shouldn't.

I hope the truth comes out.

RIP Mikaeel
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Mon 20 Jan - 15:38

Something's not right about this - if he was so well turned out and so cheery and cared for etc then why was social services well acquainted with this family?

Social services gets involved when there is abuse or neglect - clearly something was wrong here.

Why all the people in their family who are so shattered now would have stood by and let the child be battered by his mother or her BF I do not know. That is my suspicion. One photo of him the whole left side of his face is bruised unless that's just shadow.

the child was killed well before the day he was reported missing is my guess - if he was really sick with an infection and died at home again his mother would call the ambulance not take him to a wooded area and leave his body exposed to elements and animals. That's very cruel and sickening and the only thing I can think of as to why she would do that is in the hope it wouldn't be found and the kidnapped story would grow some legs - and/or so that evidence of abuse etc could be hidden, drugs in his system etc if he'd been out there for 3 weeks maybe she thought the medical examiner couldn't get proper evidence from him.

In the crime scene photo the tape runs out the back door of the house and into the woods. That is odd. Are they marking where a cadaver dog scented I wonder, following that trail? If the body was in the house and from there into the woods, then someone in the house must have helped. You don't just keep the keys to a rental house then take your dead child's body through it and over the fence into the woods.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Mon 20 Jan - 15:49

kitti wrote:Dr G medical examiner is my favourite tv programme to watch and i watched the programme where she testified for the prosecution and what she said after that their was no doubt that the child was murdered.

She said when she first saw the child, she had duct tape around her mouth and her nose to prevent her breathing and when she took it off , she still had her little baby teeth in, all in tact.

Unfortunately chloroform doesn't stay in the system for long even though in the boot was a smell off it and  a dead body

Her mother was a lier too, she didn't want people to know Casey was pregnant so she lied and said it was water retention.  She also said that when she went on google to find chlorine, chloroform came out, that's a lie because it comes out in alphabetical order.

Very sad case and as the prosecution said, what's the possibility off getting 12 jurors that think you need witnesses to convict and done know anything about circumstantial evidence....

And I will never understand WHY she wasn't convicted for hiding a cadaver or abusing a corpse....she got nothing...no justice for that little girl at all just lies, coverups and confusion by the family.

Kitti there are a lot of people who don't understand how a mother who lies about her child's abduction, lies to the police about everything, and then her child's body is found in the pet cemetery where she used to bury her dead hamsters - gets off scot free. Apparently the jury felt that the prosecution would have to PROVE that Casey killed her and they weren't inclined to believe behavioral evidence - they wanted a confession and/or a videotape of it. Her mother lied to keep her daughter from the death penalty I think - I do not think she believed that casey was capable of killing Caylee and that it must have been an accident.

Because the prosecution asked for the death penalty, there needed to be a high degree of certainty that Casey had murdered Caylee and someone googling chloroform on the home PC wasn't enough proof. Her lawyer said the father hid the body and of course we all knew that was rubbish but how to prove WHO left her in the woods?

If this woman gets a good enough lawyer and a dumb enough jury she may walk off without a hitch here as well. How to prove who killed him? And who left him in the woods? If you can't prove it and have no confession ... however my hopes are high that justice will be done here because of how quickly they found his body and solved this.

When Caylee's body was found it had been in the Florida swampy area for 4 months, it was just bones. The skull had duct tape around the facial area but the defense argued that it could have been put there after death for a number of reasons - I think the jury had a hard time believing Casey Anthony was a sociopath, narcissist and liar and that really stunned me because it was so terribly obvious to me.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Mon 20 Jan - 16:36

2 minutes ago
Mikaeel Kular's mother charged with murder

The mother of three-year-old Mikaeel Kular has been charged with murder, an Edinburgh court has heard.

Rosdeep Kular appeared at Edinburgh Sheriff Court this afternoon where she was also charged with an attempt to defeat the ends of justice.

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2014-01-18/woman-33-charged-in-mikaeel-kular-case/

chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Mon 20 Jan - 16:40

Mikaeel Kular's mother remanded in custody until Jan 28

The mother of three-year-old Mikaeel Kular has been remanded in custody and committed for further examination, an Edinburgh court has heard.

Rosdeep Adekoya is next expected to appear in court on January 28.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 20 Jan - 16:44

chrissie wrote:2 minutes ago
Mikaeel Kular's mother charged with murder

The mother of three-year-old Mikaeel Kular has been charged with murder, an Edinburgh court has heard.

Rosdeep Kular appeared at Edinburgh Sheriff Court this afternoon where she was also charged with an attempt to defeat the ends of justice.

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2014-01-18/woman-33-charged-in-mikaeel-kular-case/

Murder! That's a shock, I was expecting Culpable Homicide. It's very rare to bring a charge of murder, and if guilty, she'll get life, no two ways about it. Poor wee lad.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Mon 20 Jan - 16:47

I know Iris. This is such a sad case...
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 20 Jan - 16:55

chrissie wrote:
Mikaeel Kular's mother remanded in custody until Jan 28

The mother of three-year-old Mikaeel Kular has been remanded in custody and committed for further examination, an Edinburgh court has heard.

Rosdeep Adekoya is next expected to appear in court on January 28.

Thanks chrissie, it's a good job she is in custody or the neighbours would have killed her I'm sure. How can anybody kill a defenceless child??? She'll get battered in Jail I bet.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 20 Jan - 17:29

http://news.sky.com/story/1197799/mikaeel-kular-mother-charged-with-his-murder

This is the latest, apparently a couple of men have been arrested over their comments on twitter.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Mon 20 Jan - 17:38

Why was this family well known to social services?

They will make much of the fact that they are Indian, not doctors, and a single mum not married to the father of the twins but child abuse happens across all spectrum of society, I think how the law deals with it is different if you have money. That seems obvious in the McCann case.

I think this child was battered to death and they will have a history of abuse, unlike Caylee Anthony who had no signs of abuse and her mother just decided she didn't want to be weighed down with a child she had to babysit and like any sociopath would do, removed the source of her discomfort. Caylee was helpful to Casey when Casey wanted attention and not to have to work, when that stopped being useful and didn't fit her new "mask" of who she wanted to be, she just got rid of the toddler and with no remorse.

This case of this little boy is not similar McCanns in the family background. A single mother who has little education and hangs around gang bangers and druggies is not going to be treated like "one of us" - middle class married white doctors. Not that I would want her to get away with this but if she had that kind of reputation and money we likely would have a different outcome here.

No other charges - whoever helped her hide the body is also guilty of interfering with justice or whatever the other charge is, after murder?

If it's murder they probably found him with skull fracture or something that proves homicide. Not accident.

widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 20 Jan - 17:47

widowan wrote:

If it's murder they probably found him with skull fracture or something that proves homicide. Not accident.

I don't know widowan, what if he fell off the back of a sofa whilst she was out, he could fracture his skull causing death but the charge wouldn't be murder would it?

Unless they have found several broken bones?

I couldn't believe it was a murder charge, l was hoping it wouldn't be that poor little Mikaeel.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Mon 20 Jan - 17:53

margaret wrote:
widowan wrote:

I don't know widowan, what if he fell off the back of a sofa whilst she was out, he could fracture his skull causing death but the charge wouldn't be murder would it?

I couldn't believe it was a murder charge, l was hoping it wouldn't be that poor little Mikaeel.

I think mum has confessed or someone told on her - possibly the child's older brother or sister, or her own sister?

If he had a skull fracture from falling off a sofa then the thing to do is call the ambulance. His mother is not a doctor and innocent people whose kids have accidents don't throw the body in to the woods and lie to the play school that he is ill.

I would presume a history of abuse can be tracked with social sevices and with the school - bruises, absences etc

She COULD claim accident - or a history of accidents - parents of abused kids will often explain away the bruises and even breaks by saying the child is clumsy.

But hiding the body and lying to the school -
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Mon 20 Jan - 18:10

widowan wrote:
margaret wrote:
widowan wrote:

I think mum has confessed or someone told on her - possibly the child's older brother or sister, or her own sister?

If he had a skull fracture from falling off a sofa then the thing to do is call the ambulance. His mother is not a doctor and innocent people whose kids have accidents don't throw the body in to the woods and lie to the play school that he is ill.

I would presume a history of abuse can be tracked with social sevices and with the school - bruises, absences etc

She COULD claim accident - or a history of accidents - parents of abused kids will often explain away the bruises and even breaks by saying the child is clumsy.

But hiding the body and lying to the school -

With respect,we don't know what the history is. There are mumblings in the press about previous Social Services involvement, the very same press we know very well are prone to printing first and thinking later.

Perhaps speculation on the little ones life is best left alone for now.

He can now rest in peace, safely, and it appears thus far the police have done a great job in finding him so quickly etc.

I'm not having a go at anyone, but for the sake of this little boys siblings and other family members who will undoubtedly have loved him and be in pieces right now.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 20 Jan - 18:13

I think yet again that when the child did not attend Playschool, maybe someone should have contacted Social Services. If they have been involved with this Family...yet again the system has failed a child.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Mon 20 Jan - 18:15

widowan wrote:Why was this family well known to social services?

They will make much of the fact that they are Indian, not doctors, and a single mum not married to the father of the twins but child abuse happens across all spectrum of society, I think how the law deals with it is different if you have money. That seems obvious in the McCann case.

I think this child was battered to death and they will have a history of abuse, unlike Caylee Anthony who had no signs of abuse and her mother just decided she didn't want to be weighed down with a child she had to babysit and like any sociopath would do, removed the source of her discomfort. Caylee was helpful to Casey when Casey wanted attention and not to have to work, when that stopped being useful and didn't fit her new "mask" of who she wanted to be,  she just got rid of the toddler and with no remorse.

This case of this little boy is not similar McCanns in the family background. A single mother who has little education and hangs around gang bangers and druggies is not going to be treated like "one of us" - middle class married white doctors. Not that I would want her to get away with this but if she had that kind of reputation and money we likely would have a different outcome here.

No other charges - whoever helped her hide the body is also guilty of interfering with justice or whatever the other charge is, after murder?

Where have you read that she was uneducated? Her mother is a GP.....I would find it strange that her daughter should be uneducated. It would seem that she does not come from a poor family. Also she is not single, she is married albeit separated from her husband.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Mon 20 Jan - 18:16

Panda wrote:I think yet again that when the child did not attend Playschool, maybe someone should have contacted Social Services. If they have been involved with this Family...yet again the system has failed a child.

If any newspaper report can be believed, it seems that she was known to social services at her old address and they lost track of her. Pathetic.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Mon 20 Jan - 18:24

widowan wrote:Why was this family well known to social services?

I think this child was battered to death and they will have a history of abuse, unlike Caylee Anthony who had no signs of abuse and her mother just decided she didn't want to be weighed down with a child she had to babysit and like any sociopath would do, removed the source of her discomfort. Caylee was helpful to Casey when Casey wanted attention and not to have to work, when that stopped being useful and didn't fit her new "mask" of who she wanted to be,  she just got rid of the toddler and with no remorse.

I don't think the McCanns had much money, though they certainly do now
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Mon 20 Jan - 18:25

His face is covered in bruises and his mother's been arrested and charged with his murder, she lied to his school and to everyone about the child going missing and left his body left in the woods. That's not speculation.

I presume the family are not too worried about their reputation at present, as opposed to what has happened to their little family member and how on earth he slipped through the cracks of a loving family, if they were close by.

The only one responsible thus far is the mother of course- not the others - however social services if they were well known to this family might have checked in on him when he was reported missing from school since before Christmas? I wonder what made the mother decide to report him missing NOW. Her kids weren't saying anything.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 20 Jan - 18:26

She certainly wasn't uneducated, she had an HND in Beauty Therapy (equivalent to 2nd year University level) and ran her own business. (To enter an HND programme requires at least two Highers.) Her stepfather was a property developer, her father was a GP and the whole family are from the very posh end of Edinburgh. Although she was living in social housing, she was middle class. She was charged under her married name as she has never divorced.

It occurred to me that there must be really good evidence before the PF has agreed a charge of murder. Injuries on the wee body, perhaps. Of course it may get to Court and the Judge decides to downgrade it to Culpable Homicide, depending on the evidence, that happens quite a lot. But murder under Scots law is incredibly difficult to prove without very strong corroborating evidence. I dread to think what they've actually found.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Mon 20 Jan - 18:30

I wonder why they were known to social services I can only presume it wasn't for fun. Those are busy people and don't involve themselves with people who take proper care of their kids. They get involved for neglect, abuse, truancy I presume...

But it's not uncommon that the person being "hassled" about taking care of her kids moves in hopes that social services won't follow and maybe in this case she got lucky and the little boy very unlucky.

widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next