Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction

+29
Krisy22
chrissie
Chris
wjk
xtina
pennylane
zodiac
fedrules
Luz
docmac
suzyone
T4two
AnnaEsse
Angelique
POPPY1
sans_souci
lifeisforliving
fred
nospinnaker
ann_chovey
SteveT
Alpine Aster
Badboy
kitti
jejune
Keela
Roasted Arizona
adrianm
MaryB
33 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 9 Empty Re: Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction

Post  xtina Tue 25 Jan - 11:28

mmmm seems a bail application was listed for today ...

his barrister Paul Cook said he planned to apply for him to be released on bail within 24 hours.

A bail hearing has been scheduled for 10am today in courtroom No1 at Bristol Crown Court.

No bail application for Joanna Yeates murder accused

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/no-bail-application-for-joanna-yeates-murder-accused-2193587.html

The man accused of killing Joanna Yeates was remanded in custody again today after his legal team declined to make a bail application.

Dutch engineer Vincent Tabak, Miss Yeates's next door neighbour, appeared at Bristol Crown Court for a bail hearing.

But no application was made for bail and he was remanded to appear at the same court next Monday.

xtina
xtina
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 329
Warning :
Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 9 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 9 Empty Re: Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction

Post  Luz Tue 25 Jan - 12:05

I hope we will be hearing more about Mr. Jeffries.
Luz
Luz
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 389
Warning :
Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 9 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue 25 Jan - 12:12

xtina wrote:mmmm seems a bail application was listed for today ...

his barrister Paul Cook said he planned to apply for him to be released on bail within 24 hours.

A bail hearing has been scheduled for 10am today in courtroom No1 at Bristol Crown Court.

No bail application for Joanna Yeates murder accused

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/no-bail-application-for-joanna-yeates-murder-accused-2193587.html

The man accused of killing Joanna Yeates was remanded in custody again today after his legal team declined to make a bail application.

Dutch engineer Vincent Tabak, Miss Yeates's next door neighbour, appeared at Bristol Crown Court for a bail hearing.

But no application was made for bail and he was remanded to appear at the same court next Monday.

Maybe they decided he was unlikely to get bail anyway given that it is a murder charge and as a foreign national a possible flight risk.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Tue 25 Jan - 12:31

Karen wrote:Family spokesman on dutch tele again alst night, AGAIN the whole family insist he is innocent and CANNOT be capable of murder, they also stated that his glasses were taken away for evidence and they were replaced by dodgy glasses that did not help his sight and were poor quality, He apparently went to court almost blind.

Family travelling to Bristol along with a dutch lawyer - mother and brother are besides themselves and insist over Xmas nothing seemed out of place and Vicent was acting as normal as he always does.

Will keep you posted.!
'
Thanks, Karen Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 9 25346
It must have come as a huge shock for them. The whole family seem to be respectable and very academic. However, I'm not sure family's opinions mean much in such cases as nobody imagines their son/brother to be capable of such deeds. I expect the glasses have been taken for forensic tests which, under the circumstances, can't be helped. He ought to have been given a decent pair to replace them though..

I have two good friends who are Dutch. I wonder what they make of this case?
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 25 Jan - 13:09

Thanks to all for bringing us the latest news Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 9 Icon_flower
Does anyone know when he makes a plea of innocent or guilty?
Could the fact that his side have not even attempted to get bail mean he has confessed?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  zodiac Tue 25 Jan - 13:17

Thanks Karen and all who bring updates.

I am wondering if mental health issues will be the reason for this murder.
zodiac
zodiac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1248
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  xtina Tue 25 Jan - 13:17

I had better say first if [this man turns out to be guilty]...there is no such thing as a stereotype for murder .... it doesnt matter who they are or what there back ground personality job be it by accident or intentionally...........so many people walking about today ordinary decent caring people ....who will turn out to be the murderers of tomorrow ....
xtina
xtina
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 25 Jan - 13:24

xtina wrote:I had better say first if [this man turns out to be guilty]...there is no such thing as a stereotype for murder .... it doesnt matter who they are or what there back ground personality job be it by accident or intentionally...........so many people walking about today ordinary decent caring people ....who will turn out to be the murderers of tomorrow ....
I agree with you tina and also the fact that friends and family think he's totally innocent (he may be) isn't unusual either.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 25 Jan - 13:26

I wonder if the Dutch press will be as deeply insulting about the British police, as our vulgar British press were about the PJ?
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 25 Jan - 13:34

But he wouldn't get bail anyway this is a murder charge. Not sure of the legalities but l've never known a bailed suspected murderer.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 25 Jan - 13:34

wjk wrote:Thanks to all for bringing us the latest news Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 9 Icon_flower
Could the fact that his side have not even attempted to get bail mean he has confessed?

I'm not sure when he gets to make his plea.

With regard to bail, I read the following on the Sky blog:

167. Section 115 of the Coroners and Justice Act 2009, provides that where a person is charged with murder, bail can only be granted by a judge of the Crown Court. The power of the magistrate's court to consider bail in murder cases, whether at first hearing or after a breach of an existing bail condition, is now removed.

168. Where a person charged with murder appears or is brought before a magistrate's court, a bail decision must be made by a judge of the Crown Court as soon as is reasonably practicable, and in any event within 48 hours (excluding public holidays) beginning with the day after the person's appearance in the magistrates' court. If necessary the person must be committed in custody to the Crown Court to enable a bail decision to be made (see s115(4)). It is immaterial (see s 115(5)) whether that person is at the same time sent for trial or being remanded following adjournment of proceedings unde

It seems only a Crown Court can grant bail in murder cases so that is why no application for bail was made today.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  xtina Tue 25 Jan - 14:06

It is possible to get bail for murder ...i read this case recently ....possibly a mercy killing but all the same murder ....

http://www.fenlandcitizen.co.uk/news/oap_bailed_on_wife_murder_charge_killed_himself_1_2233314

It seems also by going for bail he is obviously pleading not guilty ....

good point pennylane

I wonder if the Dutch press will be as deeply insulting about the British police, as our vulgar British press were about the PJ?
xtina
xtina
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 25 Jan - 14:43

chrissie wrote:
wjk wrote:Thanks to all for bringing us the latest news Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 9 Icon_flower

167. Section 115 of the Coroners and Justice Act 2009, provides that where a person is charged with murder, bail can only be granted by a judge of the Crown Court. The power of the magistrate's court to consider bail in murder cases, whether at first hearing or after a breach of an existing bail condition, is now removed.

168. Where a person charged with murder appears or is brought before a magistrate's court, a bail decision must be made by a judge of the Crown Court as soon as is reasonably practicable, and in any event within 48 hours (excluding public holidays) beginning with the day after the person's appearance in the magistrates' court. If necessary the person must be committed in custody to the Crown Court to enable a bail decision to be made (see s115(4)). It is immaterial (see s 115(5)) whether that person is at the same time sent for trial or being remanded following adjournment of proceedings unde

It seems only a Crown Court can grant bail in murder cases so that is why no application for bail was made today.
Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 9 306321 Chrissie,
I think todays court hearing was at Crown Court.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue 25 Jan - 14:49

wjk wrote:
chrissie wrote:

Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 9 306321 Chrissie,
I think todays court hearing was at Crown Court.

Yep it was sent to the Crown Court yesterday for the hearing today after the magistrates remanded him in custody again.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 25 Jan - 15:19

Ah I see, thanks for that Chris Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 9 25346
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Tue 25 Jan - 16:49

I wondered that too wjk. Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 9 Icon_flower Maybe it was also for his own safety.. considering the high profile case.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Tue 25 Jan - 18:52

Krisy22 wrote:

I wondered that too wjk. Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 9 Icon_flower Maybe it was also for his own safety.. considering the high profile case.

I would imagine his legal team would have advised him on all likely outcomes and would have advised him that given the seriousness of the case a bail application was fruitless and would be refused. Therefore, I would think it was decided all round it was going to be a waste of Court time and a decision made not to apply for bail.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed 26 Jan - 10:51

xtina wrote:It is possible to get bail for murder ...i read this case recently ....possibly a mercy killing but all the same murder ....

http://www.fenlandcitizen.co.uk/news/oap_bailed_on_wife_murder_charge_killed_himself_1_2233314

good point pennylane

According to the ducth tele last night : the JUDGE in Bristol did not grant bail, according to British Media Tele and newspapers, he Lawyers for Vincent Tabak did NOT request bail??

Also the dutch tele media etc etc do NOT call Vincent by his name VICENT TABAK, they name him ONLY as VINCENT T, and AGAIN it was mentioned that family friends of Mr T insist on his innocence.

Regards from Holland

Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed 26 Jan - 10:52

According to the ducth tele last night : the JUDGE in Bristol did not grant bail, according to British Media tele and newspapers, the Lawyers for Vincent Tabak did NOT request bail??

Also the dutch tele media etc etc do NOT call Vincent by his name VINCENT TABAK, they name him ONLY as VINCENT T, and when his picture is shown they BLACK out his eyes!! and AGAIN it was mentioned that family friends of Mr T insist on his innocence.

Regards from Holland

Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed 26 Jan - 11:03

Krisy22 wrote:

Bail is not granted on murder charges, I think the lawyers would have advised him on this,....also I beleive there has to be CONCRETE evidence in relation to these charges, and they know this too.

I am still shocked - looks are very deceiving.
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Wed 26 Jan - 11:15

chrissie wrote:With regard to bail, I read the following on the Sky blog:

In N Ireland some of our laws are different and it looks as if bail can be granted here in a magistrate's court. Hazel Stewart, jointly charged with Colin Howell with a double murder, was granted bail in Coleraine Magistrate's Court in February 2009. Howell didn't apply for bail (he has since confessed to the crime and is serving a 21 year jail term), but it was a real surprise to many people when Hazel Stewart was granted bail on the grounds that if she was held in custody she might self-harm. Her solicitor said: '“That(her home) must be a safer environment for this lady to be looked after. It is much more appropriate for her to be at home than in Hydebank (prison). To describe Hydebank as a caring, loving environment would be untrue." Hmm, yes, I'm sure the lady is happier at home.

Her trial on the murder charges finally begins next month.

Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed 26 Jan - 12:22

'Getuige kan onschuld Vincent T. bewijzen'
Uitgegeven: 25 januari 2011 08:03
Laatst gewijzigd: 26 januari 2011 06:57
AMSTERDAM – Het team van advocaten dat Vincent T., de Nederlandse verdachte van moord op de Britse Joanna Yeates, verdedigt beschikt over een getuige die hem kan vrijpleiten van de moord.

Says : that there are witnesses that can prove he is "innocent"

Vincent T. blijft vastzitten - no surname used !

I have been trying for the last half hour to copy paste a the pictures we have in Dutch media, eyes are ALWAYS blackened out.

De telegraaf.nl - really struggling to copy paste pics, (maybe someone can help me) I have saved and copied but will NOT allow me to PASTE, also the Dutch public are really upset that his full name and picture has been splashed all over the newspapers, CCTV footage etc etc!

Updates will follow:

Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed 26 Jan - 12:27

xtina wrote:It is possible to get bail for murder ...i read this case recently ....possibly a mercy killing but all the same murder ....

good point pennylane

No! they definately are NOT in fact they have not mentioned his surname and have blackened out his eyes, they have never used his surname not ever in the dutch media,

Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next