Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction

+29
Krisy22
chrissie
Chris
wjk
xtina
pennylane
zodiac
fedrules
Luz
docmac
suzyone
T4two
AnnaEsse
Angelique
POPPY1
sans_souci
lifeisforliving
fred
nospinnaker
ann_chovey
SteveT
Alpine Aster
Badboy
kitti
jejune
Keela
Roasted Arizona
adrianm
MaryB
33 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 3 Empty Re: Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction

Post  T4two Sat 15 Jan - 18:15

Krissy22: I wonder if they have someone in mind.

It's highly likely that they do and that there would be a problem basing a case on dna evidence alone without a confession or breaking an alibi. I've noticed how the police go on repeatedly about the family's anguish. In fact I noticed that the police only ever included the family in their condolences.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :
Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 3 Empty Re: Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction

Post  ann_chovey Sat 15 Jan - 18:29

T4two wrote:

It's highly likely that they do and that there would be a problem basing a case on dna evidence alone without a confession or breaking an alibi. I've noticed how the police go on repeatedly about the family's anguish. In fact I noticed that the police only ever included the family in their condolences.

Yes, I did notice that too.

from Krisy's link.............

One detective told how killers can manipulate other people’s recollections of events to their advantage when friends or ­relatives have grown suspicious. The officer said: “They can be cunning and say, ‘Do you remember what time I got home...? No it was earlier’.”

Reminds me of Gerry McCann....'no no Jane, I was standing on this side , don't you recall' and JT meekly agreed.

Not labelling GM as a murderer of course, just hinting at how people can manipulate others into covering for them.

ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :
Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 15 Jan - 18:40

ann_chovey wrote:
T4two wrote:

Yes, I did notice that too.

from Krisy's link.............

One detective told how killers can manipulate other people’s recollections of events to their advantage when friends or ­relatives have grown suspicious. The officer said: “They can be cunning and say, ‘Do you remember what time I got home...? No it was earlier’.”

Reminds me of Gerry McCann....'no no Jane, I was standing on this side , don't you recall' and JT meekly agreed.

Not labelling GM as a murderer of course, just hinting at how people can manipulate others into covering for them.

It's a form of the willing suspension of disbelief - the friend or relative desperately want to believe what they are being told because the alternative just doesn't bear thinking about. It seems they have no need to dna test the male population of Bristol now, which tells me that they've matched the dna of the saliva found on her body.

ETA I think you're spot on about JT. Never did have her down as someone who would wittingly cover up a serious crime.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Sun 16 Jan - 10:47

Well well - the DNA experts from the Rachel Nickell case have been brought in to examine another 'partial' DNA sample. The previous one was 'partial' enough to convict Robert Napper. Wonder how 'partial' these samples are compared to another infamous 'partial' sample?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1347632/Jo-Yeates-murder-Rachel-Nickell-DNA-team-join-hunt.html
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1936
Warning :
Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Sun 16 Jan - 12:13

Home
News
UK & World News Dramatic new CCTV ­evidence which could ­provide a breakthrough image of Joanna Yeates’s murderer was last night being studied by detectives.
by Thomas Carlin, The People
Jan 16 2011
0ShareAdd a commentRecommend (2)
Jo Yeates
The footage was captured on the night she went missing by security cameras on a private house 100 yards from her home.

One set up on the side of the building faces out towards the top end of the road where Jo lived.

The other points across the common towards Bristol's Clifton Village and would cover the entrance to her road.

Crucially the two private cameras are on 24 hours a day. Police are studying the tapes and an insider said: This could be the breakthrough we've been waiting for.

The cameras were fixed to the end-of-terrace Harley Lodge, the home of world-renowned maths professor Sir John Kingman. It stands on the corner of Clifton Down and Canynge Road, the street where Jo, 25, shared a flat with her boyfriend Greg Reardon, 27.

It is believed they cover the route Jo took home. The CCTV could provide information about the time she arrived and reveal whether she was being followed.

Landscape architect Jo walked back after enjoying an evening with work colleagues at the Ram pub in Bristol city centre.

Yesterday Sir John, 71, a former vice-chancellor of the University of Bristol, confirmed he had handed CCTV tapes to the police.

He said: I have given everything I have, all the tapes I had, over to police from my CCTV. I cant comment on what was on them.

Asked whether he had looked through the footage and seen Jo or anyone else passing by on the evening of December 17, he said: No, I didn't look back through them. I gave them to police and its up to them what they do with it.

Two street lamps light the corner in the evening a large one on a traffic island a few paces from the house and a smaller light at the side of the house. Officers in the investigation, named Operation Braid, have decided not to show any of the tapes to the public. A spokesman said: We are unable to comment on this CCTV footage and there are no plans for its release.

It had been hoped the 32 cameras on Clifton Suspension Bridge would throw light on the killer or his car registration.

But the firm which operates the bridge said the images would be too dim as their quality became very poor at night.

The final CCTV shots of Jo shown to the public are of her {popping into a Waitrose store on her way home. Jo's body was found dumped on Christmas Day. She had been strangled. Police wont say if they believe she was killed in the flat or elsewhere. They have not revealed the results of DNA tests on a half-drunk bottle of cider found in the flat.

d.collins@people.co.uk

Lets hope that the images of the CCTV are clearer than the ones at the bridge. The person who took the life of this young woman needs to be found.

The police must have some idea because usually they are warning other young woman in the area but seem quite quiet in this case. IMO
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sun 16 Jan - 13:07

.... popping into a Waitrose store on her way home.

Ermmm... excuse me, I thought she popped into Tesco and Bargain Booze. Didn't realize she'd also been to a Waitrose?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 16 Jan - 13:24

T4two wrote:

Ermmm... excuse me, I thought she popped into Tesco and Bargain Booze. Didn't realize she'd also been to a Waitrose?

Yes - and didn't buy anything?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Sun 16 Jan - 14:08

carmen wrote:
T4two wrote:

Yes ... funny because Waitrose do a very good selection of pizza. Maybe she was not expecting company then.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Sun 16 Jan - 17:21

Krisy22 wrote:
carmen wrote:
T4two wrote:

Yes ... funny because Waitrose do a very good selection of pizza. Maybe she was not expecting company then.

that's a very good point, here's the map of her movements with times. Did she get a phone call after the Waitrose non-purchase visit, so popped into Tesco and then Bargain Booze.

Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 3 Article-1341765-0C964A78000005DC-817_634x343
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Sun 16 Jan - 17:46

Yes.. that could well be the scenario Ann.
This guy with the private tape seems to be late coming forward with something so important... though I suppose he could have only just arrived home after the Xmas break.

Everything seems to have gone very quiet in the last few days ... Gut feeling says they will be arresting someone soon. Once again it seems a very strange case.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Sun 16 Jan - 21:36

docmac wrote:Well well - the DNA experts from the Rachel Nickell case have been brought in to examine another 'partial' DNA sample. The previous one was 'partial' enough to convict Robert Napper. Wonder how 'partial' these samples are compared to another infamous 'partial' sample?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1347632/Jo-Yeates-murder-Rachel-Nickell-DNA-team-join-hunt.html
'

Yes it would be interesting to know the answer to that one docmac, although I believe it's more complicated to differentiate between partial samples of familial DNA..

I hope this DNA sample and the CCTV footage can help bring justice for Jo and her family.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 17 Jan - 9:29

Alpine Aster wrote:
It does seem strange as the BF had only just gone away and that Jo and GR were supposed to be so close.
He could be just a friend I suppose the Man that Jo texted, I do believe he said that he found it strange she did not text back straight away as she alway's did,that was in the Media so I don't know if it is true, but if it is then they must have had contact in recent times, 18 Month's ago seems a long time.
He said he read the text that Jo sent at 9.20pm, Jo sent the text at 8.20pm, no reply from Jo, so this Man must have tried to contact Jo back then, either by text or tried to phone Jo after he opened the text from her at 9.20pm, so he knew Jo was on her own!!!!!.

Thanks Ann for the Link.

Hmmmm the boyfriend probably wouldn't be happy about that text, maybe he popped back to the flat and found this out.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Mon 17 Jan - 10:08

margaret wrote:
Alpine Aster wrote:
It does seem strange as the BF had only just gone away and that Jo and GR were supposed to be so close.
He could be just a friend I suppose the Man that Jo texted, I do believe he said that he found it strange she did not text back straight away as she alway's did,that was in the Media so I don't know if it is true, but if it is then they must have had contact in recent times, 18 Month's ago seems a long time.
He said he read the text that Jo sent at 9.20pm, Jo sent the text at 8.20pm, no reply from Jo, so this Man must have tried to contact Jo back then, either by text or tried to phone Jo after he opened the text from her at 9.20pm, so he knew Jo was on her own!!!!!.

Thanks Ann for the Link.

Hmmmm the boyfriend probably wouldn't be happy about that text, maybe he popped back to the flat and found this out.

... Or something like that... it's a motive
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Mon 17 Jan - 11:48

Home News Top Stories Jo Yeates's final journey filmed for Crimewatch
by Richard Smith and Andrew Gregory, Daily Mirror 17/01/2011

JO Yeates’ haunting final journey is to be staged in a Crimewatch TV reconstruction this week in a new push to catch her killer.

Police are using the same group of shopworkers who served the 25-year-old landscape architect as she walked home before she disappeared.

Jo’s mum Theresa, 58, offered to play her daughter – but it is understood a young actress or police woman who looks like Jo will be used instead.

It is hoped the BBC1 show – to be aired at 9pm on Wednesday, January 26 – will trigger a much-needed ­breakthrough in the murder hunt. A police source said: “Huge numbers of people will be watching.”

Advertisement - article continues below »

The BBC added: “The aim is to be realistic and jog someone’s memory.”

The reconstruction, to be filmed on Thursday, will show the lookalike Jo leave the Ram pub at 8pm before ­stopping off at a Waitrose, Tesco and Bargain Booze, now called Baryah’s.

Jo’s final few steps home to her flat in Clifton, Bristol, will then be recreated. It is where the killer is feared to have struck on December 17.

The film will also show the roadside verge three miles away where her body was found on Christmas Day.

Yesterday top criminal profiler Professor David Canter suggested the killer may be a police officer. Prof Canter, whose crime-busting skills inspired TV’s Cracker, said: “It implies they’ve got some sort of experience with the investigative process.”

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/01/17/jo-yeates-s-final-journey-filmed-for-crimewatch-115875-22854556/#ixzz1BIB2iK6u
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 17 Jan - 11:55

Krisy22 wrote:

Yesterday top criminal profiler Professor David Canter suggested the killer may be a police officer. Prof Canter, whose crime-busting skills inspired TV’s Cracker, said: “It implies they’ve got some sort of experience with the investigative process.”

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/01/17/jo-yeates-s-final-journey-filmed-for-crimewatch-115875-22854556/#ixzz1BIB2iK6u

Blimey that's a bit strong.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Mon 17 Jan - 12:15

margaret wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:

Well it is David Canter, he who said...............

The British girl, just three when she disappeared, could have a new identity and speak a different language, according to the top criminologist…

‘You could call out Madeleine to her and she wouldn’t respond. She doesn’t remember being that child,’ he said.

Professor Canter said Maddie could be anywhere in the world, speaking a different language and looking completely different to how we know her.
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Mon 17 Jan - 12:45

ann_chovey wrote:
margaret wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:

The British girl, just three when she disappeared, could have a new identity and speak a different language, according to the top criminologist…

‘You could call out Madeleine to her and she wouldn’t respond. She doesn’t remember being that child,’ he said.

Professor Canter said Maddie could be anywhere in the world, speaking a different language and looking completely different to how we know her.

Hmmmm.... Top criminologist? Crime busting skills? Inspired TV's Cracker? I wonder if Avon & Somerset police are suitably impressed, or are they going for the Sun's IKEA lead?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  zodiac Mon 17 Jan - 13:01

T4two wrote:
ann_chovey wrote:
margaret wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:

Hmmmm.... Top criminologist? Crime busting skills? Inspired TV's Cracker? I wonder if Avon & Somerset police are suitably impressed, or are they going for the Sun's IKEA lead?

He also said this:

Professor David Canter said the way Matthews clutched Shannon's teddy bear during press conferences was fake.

He suggests she may have tried to copy the genuine signs of distress displayed by the mother of missing child Madeleine McCann.

"She doesn't know quite what to do with it," he said of Matthews.

"It's totally different from the way Kate McCann carried the teddy everywhere with her as some sort of reassurance of her daughter."

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id243.html

What about the pictures of the mcs on the 12.5.2007?? What about the alerts of the British sniffer dogs??

Hmm if he is saying this:

Surely a police officer would have made sure that there was no chance of being caught on CCTV anywhere. How would a police officer know that the CCTV at the flat where JY's lived was iirc taped over every 4 days and also a police officer surely would be aware that something like this could be in operation in that area:

The footage was captured on the night she went missing by security cameras on a private house 100 yards from her home.

One set up on the side of the building faces out towards the top end of the road where Jo lived.

The other points across the common towards Bristol's Clifton Village and would cover the entrance to her road.

Crucially the two private cameras are on 24 hours a day. Police are studying the tapes and an insider said: This could be the breakthrough we've been waiting for.

From an article Krisy22 posted yesterday at 12:13 pm
https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t13571p45-jo-yeates-s-mum-offers-to-do-reconstruction

zodiac
zodiac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1248
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Mon 17 Jan - 13:53

zodiac wrote:
T4two wrote:
ann_chovey wrote:
margaret wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:

He also said this:

Professor David Canter said the way Matthews clutched Shannon's teddy bear during press conferences was fake.

He suggests she may have tried to copy the genuine signs of distress displayed by the mother of missing child Madeleine McCann.

"She doesn't know quite what to do with it," he said of Matthews.

"It's totally different from the way Kate McCann carried the teddy everywhere with her as some sort of reassurance of her daughter."

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id243.html

What about the pictures of the mcs on the 12.5.2007?? What about the alerts of the British sniffer dogs??

Hmm if he is saying this:

Surely a police officer would have made sure that there was no chance of being caught on CCTV anywhere. How would a police officer know that the CCTV at the flat where JY's lived was iirc taped over every 4 days and also a police officer surely would be aware that something like this could be in operation in that area:

From an article Krisy22 posted yesterday at 12:13 pm
https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t13571p45-jo-yeates-s-mum-offers-to-do-reconstruction

The problem for the media is that the police appear to have progressed beyond the high-profile stage of holding press conferences, appealing for information and mounting public displays of searching, which leaves them with nothing much to report. So they start to employ creative writing techniques, each one vying to outdo the other and hoping to land a scoop. Canter might just as well have said, "The killer could literally be anyone, and that person could literally be anywhere."
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Mon 17 Jan - 15:35

It would only be echoing his 'Madeleine could be anywhere' mantra.

More from David..............http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article2681658.ece

The prospect of family or friends’ involvement beggars belief. For a start, if the child had been killed in some accident, possibly as a result of an overdose, then her medically trained parents would have had to be exceptionally incompetent, for which there is no evidence. Furthermore, the friends who were with them would all have had to be willing to risk their professional careers to keep such a appalling secret for such a long time.

???????????????

well, what have we all been saying for almost 4 years, in the words of John Stalker 'The Tapas 7 are hiding a big secret'
I agree T4two,
i.m.o. Canter is a 'talking head' wheeled out by the media to keep the story running whilst the police do their job

-----------------------------------------

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/Murdered-Bristol-woman-Joanna-Yeates-web-appeal-reaches-163-3-000/article-3098097-detail/article.html

The boyfriend of murdered Jo Yeates has collected £3,000 in her memory – as scores of people lined up to donate cash to her legacy .

Devastated Greg Reardon, 27, set up an online page with the Missing People Charity on New Year's Day and has received donations from hundreds of people moved by the family's plight.

Mourners have left tributes to the 25-year-old landscape architect, found dead on Christmas Day, and donated sums to the charity – some leaving gifts of up to £200.

Among those who have pledged money include friends of Miss Yeates and her boyfriend Greg and people in Clifton.

Even fellow architects have logged onto the page to donate to the organisation which helped co-ordinate a search for Jo, after she went missing on December 17.

The Just Giving page has even touched the lives of those who never met her.

Clifton resident Alexander Chambers donated £40 and said: ''very, very sad indeed. I come from Bristol and know Clifton well. This has touched me deeply.''

One its homepage, set up by Greg, it describes her as a ''talented and kind hearted woman'' who was ''tragically murdered''.

It says: ''Her body was found on Christmas day in North Somerset after a fantastic missing persons campaign that spread like wildfire across the internet and through noble friends and locals spreading awareness across the Bristol area and beyond.

''A key contributor to that campaign was the Missing People Charity who helped spread the word of Joanna's disappearance and campaigned on the streets of Bristol to help find her.''

ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Tue 18 Jan - 8:57

I was interested to note that Jo's parents don't seem to share Sans' disdain of 'armchair detectives' !!
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Tue 18 Jan - 13:41

fedrules wrote:I was interested to note that Jo's parents don't seem to share Sans' disdain of 'armchair detectives' !!

Yes, and the police obviously do not either, which does leave those who refer to armchair detectives as Internet scum rather exposed.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 18 Jan - 13:54

T4two wrote:
fedrules wrote:I was interested to note that Jo's parents don't seem to share Sans' disdain of 'armchair detectives' !!

Yes, and the police obviously do not either, which does leave those who refer to armchair detectives as Internet scum rather exposed.

Well said both of you. Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 3 307691 Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 3 307691

The simple fact is someone, somewhere knows or has a good idea who murdered Joanne, Jo's parents are doing everything possible to appeal to those people to come forward and stop their anguish.

Not like anyone else we could mention who refused to assist the police at every possible turn.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Tue 18 Jan - 14:09

Yes - I saw the appeal by her parents, read by Mrs. Yeates asking for "armchair detectives". I wonder if the Police have run out of possible scenarios.

Maybe people haven't been coming forward as is the norm.

I do think they are going to have trouble finding who was responsible - simply because Bristol and surrounding area has a lot of "through traffic" - the person who did this could have been just spending the night in the district. I still think it is possible that Joanna did not know this person. I don't understand why the Police think she did. Even if she knew who it was she would not have gone out without shoes on, leaving items she would need - certainly keys. That's a definite no-no.

I wonder if they have considered the date-rape drug. It doesn't act straight away - whoever would just have to follow her - since her flat was within walking distance. Joanna did walk to her flat - why wouldn't the perpetrator.

I think even if they did do DNA testing beyond Bristol - it would be an ultimate "needle in the haystack" - simply because the person could now be abroad.

I don't believe the person who did this has any regard to human beings at all - I don't think he/she/they were trying to hide her body. I think whoever did it just pulled up, opened the door and pushed her out.

Something do I know is that there is a Psychiatric clinic in Clifton - don't know if this is relevant.

Angelique

Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 18 Jan - 14:28

I moved the original Jo Yeates thread at the request of a few members and thought it a good idea at the time. I'd like to suggest merging the original back here with this one as the same reports are being discussed on both. Does anyone have any comments/suggestions?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next