Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction

+29
Krisy22
chrissie
Chris
wjk
xtina
pennylane
zodiac
fedrules
Luz
docmac
suzyone
T4two
AnnaEsse
Angelique
POPPY1
sans_souci
lifeisforliving
fred
nospinnaker
ann_chovey
SteveT
Alpine Aster
Badboy
kitti
jejune
Keela
Roasted Arizona
adrianm
MaryB
33 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 2 Empty Re: Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction

Post  fedrules Wed 12 Jan - 20:21

Jo's best friend has said that both she and Jo were 'useless' with their phones so I think it probably wasn't so unusual for Jo not to be texting all the time. She also talks about how happy Jo and Greg were. I feel sure that the police have checked his alibi and have found him to be innocent in this sad case.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :
Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 2 Empty Re: Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction

Post  Krisy22 Wed 12 Jan - 21:09

I am not sure want to think at the moment in this case. Think the police are aware of the murderer though and just giving out snippets of information as necessary for what ever reason known to them... and rightly so.
Because there doesn't seem to be a sexual or robbery motive its more than likely Jo knew the person. Reports say she was a fit sporty girl so maybe it was an attack by more than one person .... maybe they had been drinking or fooling around and it all went wrong.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :
Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Wed 12 Jan - 21:23

Krisy22 wrote:I am not sure want to think at the moment in this case. Think the police are aware of the murderer though and just giving out snippets of information as necessary for what ever reason known to them... and rightly so.
Because there doesn't seem to be a sexual or robbery motive its more than likely Jo knew the person. Reports say she was a fit sporty girl so maybe it was an attack by more than one person .... maybe they had been drinking or fooling around and it all went wrong.

I'm inclined to agree with you. i don't really understand the friend saying 'they were both useless with mobile phones'. Anyone who has so many friends on Facebook will be comfortable with most mobiles , young people are v. techie. I doubt she would have switched it off, young people don't, I don't, just put it to 'silent' so I know if I have a message....and I am oldish and decrepit!

Kate McCann said Gerry didn't hardly know how to text, but he sure knew how to delete. For my money it's someone she knows/knew. The landlord did say he 'saw' 3 people. Poor girl and I am so sorry for her parents.
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Wed 12 Jan - 21:59

Yes I agree its so tragic for her family. There must be a good reason why the sock only came out for the public attention so late. You would have thought they would have wanted that found immediately. Also, there seems conflicting reports from the friends about whether she answered her calls straight away.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Wed 12 Jan - 22:40

Krisy22 wrote:Yes I agree its so tragic for her family. There must be a good reason why the sock only came out for the public attention so late. You would have thought they would have wanted that found immediately. Also, there seems conflicting reports from the friends about whether she answered her calls straight away.

Perhaps the police didn't mention the sock because it would only be those involved in the killing, and the police, who would have known that Jo's sock was missing. Plus, they would have had to search under poor environmental conditions before they could be pretty sure the sock hadn't fallen off somewhere in the area Jo was discovered.
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 13 Jan - 0:01

Alpine Aster wrote:
margaret wrote:
Alpine Aster wrote:
Roasted Arizona wrote:
adrianm wrote:
Friend Matthew Wood told The Sun he received a text from her at 8.20pm on December 17, saying: "Where are you? Do you fancy a drink?"

This seems buried in the article but isn't this kind of important...? We've been told she was looking forward to time on her own, doing some cooking etc. If the above is correct, it now appears she was hoping to have some company that evening.

I noticed this yesterday and found it strange that the guy said, she didn't reply when he eventually replied to her, and he found that odd as she always got straight back to him. He said he realises now it was because she was probably already dead.

So how come the boyfriend didn't think it odd that she didn't get back to him....all weekend...?

Good point there,
If the BF tried to phone or text Jo in the Four Hour's he was at the Flat before reporting Jo missing, he would have heard her mobile ring in the Flat as the mobile was in the Flat,unless the mobile has been had been switched off.

Good points,..... and wouldn't the mobile have been in full view, probably next to her purse and keys? I keep mine in the same place in the house, so does other half. The BF story doesn't really add up still.

The whole case does seem strange Margaret, the pizza for a start.

Greg Readon speaking below.
Then when I arrived home it was obvious our cat had been left on his own and was going mad. I waited up for her until about midnight and then when she didn't return I started to get really worried.

‘I went through her bag, which she had left on the table and found it had all the stuff she would need to take with her, things like her purse and her keys.

‘I called the police and reported her missing and also phoned her parents. Since then I haven't slept much.

End...

Maybe Jo's Mobile was in her handbag and had been switched off, but then again Jo sent a text to someone at 8.20 pm, asking if they wanted to have a drink, would Jo have switched her phone off though if she was waiting for a reply from the Person she sent a text to at 8.20 pm, about meeting up for a drink.

No reply at 9.20pm though when the Person texted Jo back.

The BF doesn't mention where the mobile was. If it hadn't been switched off (and it's highly unlikely that she would have switched it off if she had been waiting for an answer from Mathew Wood) then it may have been in her bag switched on, in which case the battery could have run out by the time the BF returned. As already pointed out, if it had not run out or had been on the charger, it would have rung in the flat if the BF had tried to phone her during the four hours he was home and waiting for her, but he doesn't say whether he tried to call her or not. The BF arrived home and apparently did nothing while waiting for her for four hours until around midnight. Only then did he think of going through her bag which she had left on the table. Even then, whilst saying that he found all the stuff she would have needed to take with her, he still doesn't mention her mobile, only things like her purse and her keys. When friends say how close they were as a couple, I have a problem understanding how they could have had no contact for the whole of the time he was away and why, following his return and finding the cat obviously having been left alone for long enough to be going mad, he doesn't seem to have looked for her in the flat. If he had, he would surely have found her bag on the table with her things in it, her coat hanging up and her boots. And the mobile? It must have been in the flat as well? So, should alarm bells have started ringing straight away and not only after four hours? Just how credible is this story?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  zodiac Thu 13 Jan - 0:50

I have not really followed this case. Who got the press/media involved? And. Why was this missing person case in the press/media? There were other people reported missing around the same time as this young woman. The young woman was reported missing and it was all over the national news! Why?
zodiac
zodiac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1248
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 13 Jan - 8:42

zodiac wrote:I have not really followed this case. Who got the press/media involved? And. Why was this missing person case in the press/media? There were other people reported missing around the same time as this young woman. The young woman was reported missing and it was all over the national news! Why?
'
I imagine the police first got the media involved. Jo went missing just before Christmas and her parents made several desperate appeals for her safe return in the run up to the festive time. I think the sight of this happy young women doing everyday things( captured on shop CCTV probably just before she was murdered ) added to the pathos of the case. She was also the epitome of the' innocent victim'- out early in the evening and not having in anyway a risky life style. Such victims, who could be anyone of us, always evoke the most sympathy. The same thing happened when Peter Sutcliffe murdered 'innocent women' ( to quote the judge at his trial!) rather than prostitutes..

Of course, the fact that Jo's body was found dumped by the road on Christmas Day has made the case even more poignant. Add to that the arrest of a 'colourful' suspect..an academic who taught at a renowned public school who would seem the last person likely to have committed such a crime and it's easy to see why this case has fascinated the public.This man, the only person to be arrested so far, has since been released on police bail and is allegedly threatening to sue for wrongful arrest.

The British love a 'Whodunnit' and real life ones are no exception. This whole story has played out under intense media scrutiny so the public's imagination has been captured by Jo's sad fate and the search for her killer.

These are some of my ideas as to why this case has more media / public interest than others. I'm not saying that it is right that the spotlight is on this case, while other ones are virtually ignored.' Innocent victims' like Madeleine McCann, the 9-year-old Arizona shooting victim, Christine Green, and Jo Yeates will always have the greatest sympathy. It's just a fact.

Last edited by fedrules on Thu 13 Jan - 8:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add name)
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 13 Jan - 10:41

T4two wrote:

The BF doesn't mention where the mobile was. If it hadn't been switched off (and it's highly unlikely that she would have switched it off if she had been waiting for an answer from Mathew Wood) then it may have been in her bag switched on, in which case the battery could have run out by the time the BF returned. As already pointed out, if it had not run out or had been on the charger, it would have rung in the flat if the BF had tried to phone her during the four hours he was home and waiting for her, but he doesn't say whether he tried to call her or not. The BF arrived home and apparently did nothing while waiting for her for four hours until around midnight. Only then did he think of going through her bag which she had left on the table. Even then, whilst saying that he found all the stuff she would have needed to take with her, he still doesn't mention her mobile, only things like her purse and her keys. When friends say how close they were as a couple, I have a problem understanding how they could have had no contact for the whole of the time he was away and why, following his return and finding the cat obviously having been left alone for long enough to be going mad, he doesn't seem to have looked for her in the flat. If he had, he would surely have found her bag on the table with her things in it, her coat hanging up and her boots. And the mobile? It must have been in the flat as well? So, should alarm bells have started ringing straight away and not only after four hours? Just how credible is this story?

Not very IMO. I wonder the BF is the culprit since his stories never seem to add up. This story is odd, why would someone murder a young woman for no reason, no robbery, no assault, just murder? Why didn't he phone Jo's parents to see if she was there straight away? He said in an interview ‘I called the police and reported her missing and also phoned her parents. Since then I haven’t slept much. Called her parents AFTER reporting her missing? He alledgedly called his own parents first, just after he got in so why not Jo's? How did he know she wasn't at her parents?

The taking of the pizza and the missing sock could be red herrings from the BF, just adding an element to get everyone focused on those oddities, it makes everyone look the other way so to speak.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 13 Jan - 11:55

margaret wrote:
T4two wrote:

Not very IMO. I wonder the BF is the culprit since his stories never seem to add up. This story is odd, why would someone murder a young woman for no reason, no robbery, no assault, just murder? Why didn't he phone Jo's parents to see if she was there straight away? He said in an interview ‘I called the police and reported her missing and also phoned her parents. Since then I haven’t slept much. Called her parents AFTER reporting her missing? He alledgedly called his own parents first, just after he got in so why not Jo's? How did he know she wasn't at her parents?

The taking of the pizza and the missing sock could be red herrings from the BF, just adding an element to get everyone focused on those oddities, it makes everyone look the other way so to speak.

Reconstructions of events are useful for clarifying all sorts of apparent anomalies. I am assuming that in this case, such a reconstruction would not only include Jo walking home and doing her shopping but also include the BF enacting his homecoming. Might be a bit difficult if the mother was acting the part of Jo.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpine Aster Thu 13 Jan - 16:56

margaret wrote:
T4two wrote:

I did wonder why GR did not phone Jo's Parent's as the cat was going mad, her handbag was on the table although girl's do have more than one handbag, he must have known that something was not right at all, because it could have been possible Jo was taken ill, and had been taken to Hospital her Parent's being the next of Kin would have been informed.

Not knowing when Jo died on what Day is a trying for the Police, but they must known something or have an idea by the snowfall, if Jo had been placed on top of snow that had already fallen or if the ground was bare of snow beneath her body, then this would indicate that Jo was placed there after the snowfall fall or before the snowfall, I expect that the Police have an idea from expect's on the snowfall and when it fell in the Bristol Area and what Day's and how much fell.

The cold could have stopped some insect infestation to point to how long Jo had been had been dead, and how long Jo had laid there.

Tyre tracks from the car at the crime scene at the side of Road could have been preserved when the snow fell on top of them, the SOC officer's would have done that anyway took all tyre track's.
I do agree why would someone kill another Person for no reason, unless something went wrong in a sexual attack and he lost it, and then panicked.
IMO and its just that , that Jo knew whoever done this and they knew Jo.

It could be all red herring's as you said, its a mystery.
Alpine Aster
Alpine Aster
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1413
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Thu 13 Jan - 16:58

Reconstruction would be a good thing. There are just a few things I cannot get my head around here.

Considering the weather and the jump lead starting of the car there wasn't any communication between the two over that week-end and yet two calls were made by Jo on that short journey home.

If when the BF got home and the cat was going mad there must have been lots of signs that no one had been there for a good while. If her clothes and boots were there and I presume the flat was open surely he would have thought she had popped out to get the mail or visited someone within the building. Then surely you would have gone looking after a while. I wonder if he was expected home at any sort of set time.

Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Thu 13 Jan - 18:21

Krisy22 wrote:

Reconstruction would be a good thing. There are just a few things I cannot get my head around here.

Considering the weather and the jump lead starting of the car there wasn't any communication between the two over that week-end and yet two calls were made by Jo on that short journey home.

If when the BF got home and the cat was going mad there must have been lots of signs that no one had been there for a good while. If her clothes and boots were there and I presume the flat was open surely he would have thought she had popped out to get the mail or visited someone within the building. Then surely you would have gone looking after a while. I wonder if he was expected home at any sort of set time.

Agree with you on this. I think the first thing you would do is knock on a neighbour's door. the upset cat would be a red flag for me also.

years ago we were burgled (just kids after a few quid, did us and the houses either side) i knew straight away as we drove up that something was wrong. the curtains were pulled together as if in a hurry, not neatly and our cat was hiding under the bed. :-(

ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 13 Jan - 18:35

ann_chovey wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:

Agree with you on this. I think the first thing you would do is knock on a neighbour's door. the upset cat would be a red flag for me also.

years ago we were burgled (just kids after a few quid, did us and the houses either side) i knew straight away as we drove up that something was wrong. the curtains were pulled together as if in a hurry, not neatly and our cat was hiding under the bed. :-(

Hi ann_chovey Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 2 306321

As a cat lover - could you explain to me the term going mad with respect to a cat? If a cat had been left on its own from Friday to Sunday evening say without food and would obviously be hungry, can the way it would behave when someone came home be described as going mad? Might it not be somewhat subdued for lack of food and have hidden itself away somewhere? or would it greet you with a lot of meowing until it got something to eat? Can this be described as going mad?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Thu 13 Jan - 19:15

T4two wrote: Hi ann_chovey

As a cat lover - could you explain to me the term going mad with respect to a cat? If a cat had been left on its own from Friday to Sunday evening say without food and would obviously be hungry, can the way it would behave when someone came home be described as going mad? Might it not be somewhat subdued for lack of food and have hidden itself away somewhere? or would it greet you with a lot of meowing until it got something to eat? Can this be described as going mad?

I think if said cat had been left without food for a while, it could either be curled up in a ball and like you say, subdued, or if it were hungry, you might notice upturned bowls, things shoved out of place on worktops etc. if it had been rooting around for something to eat. depends on the character and age of the cat possibly. Some are timid and not that bothered about food per se. We've had both sorts, one who would eat all day long if you let him. A youngish cat would be more likely to be hungry and go foraging.

'Going mad' seems to me it saw signs of a struggle possibly between at least one person it knew and another possibly not known. It might have run around trying to get out, possibly up the curtains or on top of a dresser if the door was closed. Cats tend to avoid scuffling feet and go to higher ground.

When we got burgled our cat ( a 4 month old kitten) was shut in the kitchen, he had a cat door to the back porch where his litter tray was.
the yobs forced the back door (jemmied it in fact....truly)! and left it hanging off it's hinges. All the other inner doors were left open so he went under our bed in the far corner. He didn't go out into the garden, obviously when they'd gone he felt safer inside. It was February as I recall around 8 at night.

ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 13 Jan - 19:39

ann_chovey wrote:T4two wrote: Hi ann_chovey

I think if said cat had been left without food for a while, it could either be curled up in a ball and like you say, subdued, or if it were hungry, you might notice upturned bowls, things shoved out of place on worktops etc. if it had been rooting around for something to eat. depends on the character and age of the cat possibly. Some are timid and not that bothered about food per se. We've had both sorts, one who would eat all day long if you let him. A youngish cat would be more likely to be hungry and go foraging.

'Going mad' seems to me it saw signs of a struggle possibly between at least one person it knew and another possibly not known. It might have run around trying to get out, possibly up the curtains or on top of a dresser if the door was closed. Cats tend to avoid scuffling feet and go to higher ground.

When we got burgled our cat ( a 4 month old kitten) was shut in the kitchen, he had a cat door to the back porch where his litter tray was.
the yobs forced the back door (jemmied it in fact....truly)! and left it hanging off it's hinges. All the other inner doors were left open so he went under our bed in the far corner. He didn't go out into the garden, obviously when they'd gone he felt safer inside. It was February as I recall around 8 at night.

Thanks ann_chovey. Plenty to think about there. I can well imagine that going mad by running around trying to get out or going for higher ground as you say implies that it saw signs of a struggle and yet by all accounts the struggle would have taken place on the Friday. So, why would the cat still going mad on the Sunday? Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 2 303636
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Thu 13 Jan - 19:43

To T4two.....

Maybe by 'going mad' the bf meant it was hungry i.e. came running up to him, wanting to be picked up, 'winding round his legs ' and sort of 'jumping up', wanting to be fed. Doesn't say how old the cat was, how long they'd had it, if it was an indoor or mostly outdoor cat.
So going round in circles, I think your first observation is right, it was probably 'going mad hungry'. Just a figure of speech.

ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 13 Jan - 20:08

ann_chovey wrote: To T4two.....

Maybe by 'going mad' the bf meant it was hungry i.e. came running up to him, wanting to be picked up, 'winding round his legs ' and sort of 'jumping up', wanting to be fed. Doesn't say how old the cat was, how long they'd had it, if it was an indoor or mostly outdoor cat.
So going round in circles, I think your first observation is right, it was probably 'going mad hungry'. Just a figure of speech.

You're right, that is exactly what a cat would do if it was starving and one of the humans that lived there returned to the flat. That's the simple explanation, although I wouldn't have used 'going mad' as the figure of speech to describe that situation myself, unless it was so hungry that its behaviour was particularly extreme. Nonetheless I agree with the poster who queried why that doesn't seem to have registered as an immediate red flag which would have indicated that Jo hadn't just popped out to borrow some sugar from a neighbour or whatever, but had been away for far longer. I wonder whether it was mainly her cat and what's happened to it now.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Thu 13 Jan - 20:56

ann_chovey wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:

Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 2 306321 Ann, sorry to hear you were burgled.... that must have been a very nasty experiance.

I wonder where he would have imagined she would be without her outdoor clothes and her other belongings she would have needed. At least with a recon it would show what he did in those 4 hours while waiting for her to arrive back. Perhaps he did go to other flats to check if anyone had seen her.. and also phoning her friends.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Thu 13 Jan - 21:55

Krisy22 Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 2 306321

the burglary was a long time ago, I only really remembered it because of the 'cat' situation. our back door was 'jimmied' a few bits of jewellery taken but no other damage, although they did load their loot into my shopping bag along with my best perfume! Jo Yeates's mum offers to do reconstruction - Page 2 52433

This terrible crime is very odd i.m.o. i think the answer will lie close to home/someone she knew.
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpine Aster Fri 14 Jan - 19:34

T4two wrote:

Hi T4two.

A good point I never thought about the mobile battery running out!.
I wonder if the Flat was locked on his arrival.
No contact over that time is strange, after all they were in what I call the Honeymoon part of a Relationship,yet Jo did not go with GR to his see Family.
Alpine Aster
Alpine Aster
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Fri 14 Jan - 22:38

Alpine Aster wrote:
T4two wrote:

Hi T4two.

A good point I never thought about the mobile battery running out!.
I wonder if the Flat was locked on his arrival.
No contact over that time is strange, after all they were in what I call the Honeymoon part of a Relationship,yet Jo did not go with GR to his see Family.

Hi Alpine Aster.

It's all gone very quiet after an eventful couple of days in which the old friend, Mathew Wood, popped up and gave an interview about her texting him to ask him whether he fancied a drink and then the girlfriend appearing for the first time in the papers to assert that Jo did not have a secret lover and that the BF was wonderful and that Jo was besotted etc. There could be nothing in it of course, although I don't really understand why these two people both decided to make their information public at the same time. Things are seldom as straightforward as they appear to be at first sight or they seldom appear to be as straightforward as they actually are. Since we're getting no more information, there's not a lot to discuss before there are more developments, such as the reconstruction taking place or the police putting out more information. Just a thought which keeps re-occuring though - if you had lost touch with someone and hadn't seen them for about eighteen months; in fact were so out of touch that you didn't even know that they had moved away from the area - would you text them on your way home with the words, "Where are you? Fancy a drink?"
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Sat 15 Jan - 9:15

T4two wrote: in fact were so out of touch that you didn't even know that they had moved away from the area - would you text them on your way home with the words, "Where are you? Fancy a drink?" .

My thoughts too I'm afraid, especially as the bf she was 'besotted' with had just left on a trip tp Yorkshire.

The landlord allegedly seeing her leaving with 2 others also. Truth or fiction?

--------------------------

Instead, the investigation, believed to have cost an estimated £1m so far, is understood to be focusing its attention on testing people known to Miss Yeates, 25, whose body was found dumped beside a country lane on Christmas Day after she went missing on December 17.
This includes testing a large section of the 200 Facebook ‘friends’, a process which has already begun, as detectives become increasingly convinced that ­whoever strangled her was known to her.
Police have also confirmed that tests are not being carried out on Miss Yeates’s work colleagues unless they were also connected to her via the social networking site or had other contact such as emails or texts outside of work.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1346996/Jo-Yeates-murder-Better-street-lighting-tracing-killer-CCTV-easier.html#ixzz1B5uIFC00
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpine Aster Sat 15 Jan - 17:15

T4two wrote:
if you had lost touch with someone and hadn't seen them for about eighteen months; in fact were so out of touch that you didn't even know that they had moved away from the area - would you text them on your way home with the words, "Where are you? Fancy a drink?"

It does seem strange as the BF had only just gone away and that Jo and GR were supposed to be so close.
He could be just a friend I suppose the Man that Jo texted, I do believe he said that he found it strange she did not text back straight away as she alway's did,that was in the Media so I don't know if it is true, but if it is then they must have had contact in recent times, 18 Month's ago seems a long time.
He said he read the text that Jo sent at 9.20pm, Jo sent the text at 8.20pm, no reply from Jo, so this Man must have tried to contact Jo back then, either by text or tried to phone Jo after he opened the text from her at 9.20pm, so he knew Jo was on her own!!!!!.

Thanks Ann for the Link.

Alpine Aster
Alpine Aster
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Sat 15 Jan - 17:41

Home News Top Stories Jo Yeates murder: Stop shielding Joanna's killer, plead police
by Laurie Hanna, Daily Mirror 15/01/2011

Police fear Jo Yeates's killer is being shielded by a close friend or partner who is too scared to turn them in.

Officers appealed to anyone harbouring the murderer to come forward.

Her family's anguish is being made worse by not knowing who strangled the 25-year-old in Bristol.

A police source said: "The killer may have let slip something to a partner or friend. The worry is this person may be scared to raise the subject."

THEY will be gripped by fear, inner turmoil and even denial, knowing their partner or friend has killed Jo Yeates.

But police last night appealed to anyone who may be covering for the murderer to put the anguish aside and hand them over.

Detectives believe the killer may have let slip their terrible secret or be acting unusually after strangling 25-year-old architect Jo and dumping her body in the snow.

A police source said: “The ­pressure on the killer to keep this murder a secret is immense.

DENIAL

“He may have already let ­something slip to a partner or trusted friend and his behaviour may have changed.

“The worry is that anyone who may have noticed this may be in denial or that they could be scared to raise the subject because they don’t want to accept the killer is someone they know well.

“It is not that unusual to find people shielding killers.

“It is quite possible that the person who murdered Jo has been behaving oddly and that has not been passed on to the team.

“The killer may also have insisted they are innocent and begged for help in getting ­eliminated.

“Often close friends or relatives simply cannot believe this person could be guilty and agree to give them an alibi. Even a few minutes can make all the difference.”

Advertisement - article continues below »

Each day that goes by without finding Jo’s killer only deepens the agony of her distraught family, who are desperate for justice.

In the four weeks since she was strangled after returning to her flat in Bristol from drinks with work colleagues, police hunting the killer have received hundreds of calls.

But they believe the key to unlocking the mystery lies with a friend or relative who knows the murderer’s identity.

One detective told how killers can manipulate other people’s recollections of events to their advantage when friends or ­relatives have grown suspicious. The officer said: “They can be cunning and say, ‘Do you remember what time I got home...? No it was earlier’.”

Jo was found dumped in thick snow on Christmas Day in a quiet lane near a quarry three miles from the home she shared with boyfriend Greg Reardon, 27. He was away at the time. The last person to speak to her was best pal Rebecca Scott, 25. They chatted on the phone as Jo walked home from the pub.

The marine biology student pleaded: “You might have noticed a friend or family member acting suspiciously.

“Report that to the police. I’m sure if that was your friend lying there on Christmas Day you would want others to do the same.”

Officers were yesterday searching a second area near to where Jo’s body was dumped. They were seen combing ­undergrowth in Providence Lane.

It is thought they may have been stepping up their efforts to find a ski sock that was missing from Jo’s body when it was found.

STRANGE

Retired electrician Jeffrey Hurley, 80, lives in the lane. He said “It must be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

“I find it strange the killer hid the body so close to the road. He could have hidden it in several disused quarries nearby and it wouldn’t have been found for years.”

Eighty officers are working around the clock on the case. Avon and Somerset Police said: “We are still appealing for information.”

But detectives believe Jo’s killer is still in Britain.

One said: “We have not made inquiries abroad.”

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/01/15/jo-yeates-murder-cops-fear-killer-may-be-being-shielded-by-a-friend-115875-22850017/#ixzz1B7v7nKg5
Go Camping for 95p! Vouchers collectable in the Daily and Sunday Mirror until 11th August . Click here for more information

I wonder if they have someone in mind.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next