Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder

+37
Panda
halfamo
Loopdaloop
dazedandconfused
margaret
Lioned
Dimsie
AnnaEsse
pennylane
Krisy22
Estelle
jejune
welshy
wantthetruth
Arguida
Chris
buildersbum
Smudge
fedrules
T4two
Badboy
flower
chrissie
ann_chovey
kitti
MaryB
mumbles
Angelique
Alpine Aster
Annabel
docmac
LJC
sans_souci
Sandi
SteveT
Midas
Keela
41 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 9 Empty Re: jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder

Post  Panda Mon 24 Jan - 9:11

Hi AnnaEsse

What a gruesome story this early in the Morning!!! jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 9 294124

Well, it looks like the Forum has two cases to discuss now, who knows? with a bit of luck the Trial in Portugal will take place this Year. Preferably before
Kate"s book is launched.

As for Tabak"s guilt or innocence we don"t really know what evidence the Police based their charge on, unless Tabak admitted his guilt under pressure.
I would be interested to know why 12 ft of scaffolding was built to hide the garden, could it be to dig up the Garden for another body?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 9 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 9 Empty Re: jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder

Post  Chris Mon 24 Jan - 11:42

AnnaEsse wrote:
fedrules wrote:
Blueeyes wrote: I'm just wondering why he came back to this country if ...he had committed the murder.
'
Hi Blueeyes.
He would've drawn attention to himself and raised a lot of tricky questions if he'd just gone off to Holland after Jo disappeared. His girlfriend, his employers, his work colleagues would've all found it highly suspicious if a man, who lived in the building where Jo was probably killed, suddenly left the country without any reason..As for him acting normally with family and friends, many people are able to distance themselves psychologically from things they have done wrong. Not just murderers, but adulterers who are capable of lying to their wives and familes, sometimes for years...

I watched a video story yesterday about someone referred to as "The Morningside Monster." His pregnant wife disappeared and he told everyone she had run off with another man. When her friends and family said she would never have left her little daughter, the man claimed that he had heard from her and that she was picking up her daughter "on Monday." Sure enough, Monday came and the little girl went. The man just carried on with this story, but eventually the evidence pointing to murder, he very calmly described how he had killed his wife with a spear gun while she slept and he had killed the child in the same way.

How sad that the actions of friends and family questioning the fact his daughter remained may have contributed to a need for her demise.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 9 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Mon 24 Jan - 17:03

Panda wrote:
Hi AnnaEsse

What a gruesome story this early in the Morning!!! jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 9 294124

Well, it looks like the Forum has two cases to discuss now, who knows? with a bit of luck the Trial in Portugal will take place this Year. Preferably before
Kate"s book is launched.

As for Tabak"s guilt or innocence we don"t really know what evidence the Police based their charge on, unless Tabak admitted his guilt under pressure.
I would be interested to know why 12 ft of scaffolding was built to hide the garden, could it be to dig up the Garden for another body?
'

I hope not. Perhaps they think Jo's body may have been put there for a short while until he could dispose of it. It's hard to imagine why Tabak may have committed this crime, but I'm afraid that if the CPS are satisfied with the case the police have presented to them, then he is quite likely to be guilty in spite of the disbelief of his friends and family. By the way, read in the Mail that Tabak's family say that the tip off did not come from his girlfriend and that she is standing by him.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 24 Jan - 17:15

Hi Fedrules,

I know the CPS SHOULD have been satisfied that there was enough evidence, but I also think the Bristol Police were too eager to tell the Press exactly what was going on and with the embarrassment of Jefferies it may be the CPS were persuaded by the Police that further evidence would be found
because the deadline for holding Tabak was so close.

There"s too much about this case, witness statements, the length of time it took the Police to organise the Reconstruction, let"s just say I reserve judgement, Tabak seems so squeaky clean!!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Mon 24 Jan - 17:32

It's true that he seems very respectable, as does his family, but I cannot believe he's been charged without there being substantial evidence against him. After the Jefferies fiasco, I think the police will have been extra cautious so I very much doubt that he doesn't have a very serious case to answer..Time will tell..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Mon 24 Jan - 17:42

Bail hearing
Jo Yeates murder. Accused, Vincent Tabak, listed to appear at 10am tomorrow. Court 1, Bristol Crown Court - http://tinyurl.com/6yxhxl3

Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 24 Jan - 18:27

Krisy22 wrote:

Bail hearing
Jo Yeates murder. Accused, Vincent Tabak, listed to appear at 10am tomorrow. Court 1, Bristol Crown Court - http://tinyurl.com/6yxhxl3

Thanks Krisy22,

I would imagine it will just be a short Hearingto confirm the charge.

Off topic, this reminds me, is Halligen still languishing at HM pleasure or has he secretly been extradited to America?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 24 Jan - 18:31

I think tomorrows hearing is a bail hearing.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 24 Jan - 18:35

wjk wrote:I think tomorrows hearing is a bail hearing.

Hi wjk,

Yes it is, is anybody accused of Murder allowed out on Bail?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Mon 24 Jan - 18:38

Krisy22 wrote:

Bail hearing

By going immediately for bail his case goes straight before a judge and that is the best way to determine the strength of the case against him. So we'll find out tomorrow just what the police have. Martin Brunt questions why Jefferies has not been publicly absolved from all suspicion. How can the police charge one person with committing the crime and still have another as a suspect for the same crime? I do hope the police have a good case, because they have given the impression so far that they arrest people first and look for evidence afterwards. This is very bad practice and open to abuse and must be of concern to everyone who values civil liberties.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 24 Jan - 18:40

I would have thought it unlikely panda, but you never know in this country!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 24 Jan - 19:22

SAID ON CHANNEL NEWS THAT PEOPLE AT EINHOVEN UNIVERSITY ARE GOING TO RAISE MONEY FOR HIS DEFENCE COSTS
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 24 Jan - 19:27

wjk wrote:I would have thought it unlikely panda, but you never know in this country!

I just watched Channel 4 News and Tabak is actually being charged from 16th Dec to 25th Dec even though Jo was alive on 17th December!!!!

There was a packed gallery and a Translator available , but Tabak said he didn"t need one. Apparently, Students and Professors are launching a fund
to help Pay his Legal Fees, which suggests they think he is innocent. There was an interview with one of Tabak"s Relatives, might be Brother, in
Holland and he said Tabak and his girlfriend came to Holland on 28th December to see the Family and he saw nothing odd about Tabak"s behaviour.

I tell you, it"s looking increasingly dodgy for the Police, they had better have firm evidence.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon 24 Jan - 19:35

Badboy wrote:SAID ON CHANNEL NEWS THAT PEOPLE AT EINHOVEN UNIVERSITY ARE GOING TO RAISE MONEY FOR HIS DEFENCE COSTS

Probably a bit more useful than the PR spokesperson his family have already reportedly recruited. He would no doubt be getting legal aid in any event.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 24 Jan - 22:37

Chris wrote:
Badboy wrote:SAID ON CHANNEL NEWS THAT PEOPLE AT EINHOVEN UNIVERSITY ARE GOING TO RAISE MONEY FOR HIS DEFENCE COSTS

Probably a bit more useful than the PR spokesperson his family have already reportedly recruited. He would no doubt be getting legal aid in any event.
I saw the spokesman on Sky earlier, ccouldn't believe it!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon 24 Jan - 22:48

wjk wrote:
Chris wrote:

Its obviously the industry of the future if anyone implicated in a serious crime requires a PR spokesperson.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Tue 25 Jan - 15:17

'Thirty-two-year-old Tabak's barrister, Paul Cook, made no application for bail.Ann Reddrop, for the crown, asked for the Dutch national to be held in custody.The
judge, Mr Justice Treacy, remanded Tabak, an architectural engineer who
lived in a flat next to Yeates's, in custody until Monday, when he will
appear again for a preliminary hearing.Apparently wearing the
same red sweater and dark trousers as yesterday's hearing, bespectacled
Tabak arrived in the dock of court one at the crown court clutching a
brown file.The judge established that Tabak, who works at an international design company in Bath, did not need an interpreter.Cook then said he would not be making a bail application on behalf of Tabak.'
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jan/25/joanna-yeates-accused-vincent-tabak-remanded

Wonder why they didn't ask for bail today?
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Tue 25 Jan - 15:25

wjk wrote:
Chris wrote:

Apparently the PR person is Paul Vermeij. He seems a strange choice, as his background is in financial and corporate PR. I'm starting to wonder if Interpol ought to start looking at networks of PR agents and whether they've become the latest organised crime group. These days they always seem to be involved whenever a high profile case is being investigated jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 9 182123 jo yeates - Updated:Tabak charged with murder - Page 9 25346 .
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 25 Jan - 17:04

jejune wrote:'Thirty-two-year-old Tabak's barrister, Paul Cook, made no application for bail.Ann Reddrop, for the crown, asked for the Dutch national to be held in custody.The
brown file.The judge established that Tabak, who works at an international design company in Bath, did not need an interpreter.Cook then said he would not be making a bail application on behalf of Tabak.'
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jan/25/joanna-yeates-accused-vincent-tabak-remanded

Hi jejune

On the early morning News they said he would make an application for Bail, maybe he couldn"t cover the Bail money , remember Assange"s friends
had to raise about £80,000 or more.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Tue 25 Jan - 17:15

Jo Yeates Crimewatch reconstruction cancelled
Tuesday, January 25th, 2011
The murder reconstruction of architect Jo Yeates has been pulled from BBC One show Crimewatch tomorrow, television bosses confirmed.

Cameras had followed an actress – matching the exact description of tragic Jo – as she made her fateful journey home from the Ram pub in Bristol.

The footage, including pictures of her buying a pizza from Tesco, was to be aired on behalf of detectives investigating her brutal strangling – to jog the memory of witnesses.

But following the arrest and charge of Dutch engineer Vincent Tabak, 32, on suspicion of murder late on Saturday evening, the film will no longer be shown.

The BBC confirmed some reference would be made to the pretty 25-year-old, whose frozen body was found covered in snow by dog walkers on Christmas Day.

A corporation spokesman said: ”There will be some reference to the Joanna Yeates case, but the reconstruction won’t be shown.

”I’m afraid we don’t have any more details at this stage, as it’s all still being decided.”

The reconstruction was filmed on the same streets of Clifton, Bristol, where blonde Jo went missing, earlier this month.

Unusually – due to the high-profile nature of the case – the filming of the scenes was also captured by the press.

Jo’s parents, David, 63, and Teresa, 58, also put out a statement to coincide with the reconstruction, calling on anyone shielding their daughter’s killer to come forward.

The piece, released to the media on January 18, was believed to have been written by experienced criminologists – to prick the conscience of anyone involved in her murder.

They said: ”If you do know something and you do not come forward you are consciously hampering the apprehension of Jo’s killer(s) and the perpetrator(s) is still free.

”You will also be prolonging the torment of Jo’s family and friends.”

Tabak was arrested two days later and reports have suggested a crucial call was made to the police, following the airing of the parents’ appeal.

A police spokesman said yesterday: ”BBC’s Crimewatch are still doing something on the Jo Yeates case – but it will not be as big as they were planning.”

Avon and Somerset Police also confirmed 66-year-old Chris Jefferies was still being held on bail and had not yet been de-arrested following the charge against Dutchman Tabak.

Adrian Hearn

Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 25 Jan - 17:42

Hi Krisy22

Thanks for that......what was the reconstruction which prompted 300 responses from the public? Must have been a Police recon for Bristol T.V eh?

I was thinking, maybe a Murder Charge doesn"t qualify for Bail.........it will be very interesting to know exactly what evidence the Police have, would his
girlfriend have gone to visit his Family if she suspected Tabak of something. His Family are saying he behaved normally and are coming to visit him.
I still reserve judgement though and the Crown Prosecution have made mistakes in the past, the Birmingham 4 wrongly imprisoned, the Guy imprisoned
as a young man for I think about 17 years for a crime he didn"t commit.

Anyway, we will see what evidence they have against him when he returns to Court in a weeks time.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Tue 25 Jan - 18:47

jejune wrote:'Thirty-two-year-old Tabak's barrister, Paul Cook, made no application for bail.Ann Reddrop, for the crown, asked for the Dutch national to be held in custody.The

Perhaps he can't return to his own flat or the one he was staying at when he was arrested because the Avon and Somerset police have taken them over and turned them upside down in their contunuing desperate search for some kind of evidence? Alternatively perhaps he wouldn't have felt safe walking around outside still charged with the crime, particularly if he didn't do it and therefore knows that the murderer is still at large? Apart from that it appears that the police have taken away his glasses and perhaps he cannot do anything useful without them, in which case it might be advisable for the police to return them as soon as possible since taking away a suspect's glasses could be construed as a form of harassment.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Tue 25 Jan - 20:03

T4two wrote:

Perhaps he can't return to his own flat or the one he was staying at when he was arrested because the Avon and Somerset police have taken them over and turned them upside down in their contunuing desperate search for some kind of evidence? Alternatively perhaps he wouldn't have felt safe walking around outside still charged with the crime, particularly if he didn't do it and therefore knows that the murderer is still at large? Apart from that it appears that the police have taken away his glasses and perhaps he cannot do anything useful without them, in which case it might be advisable for the police to return them as soon as possible since taking away a suspect's glasses could be construed as a form of harassment.

Apparently his girlfriend is standing by him, so her parents in Cambridge may be an option for a bail address. Or he could have been bailed to a bail hostel, if there is no suitable private address. Agree with you that he probably wouldn't feel safe amongst the general public, now his photo and personal details have been widely broadcast by the press. We should know more after the next crown court hearing. Perhaps his barrister will ask for bail then?
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Tue 25 Jan - 21:03

City Journalist directory

Barrister Paul Cook for the Defense in the Jo Yeates Case Looks Likely to Outsmart the Prosecution
Radstock
Bath
Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Paul Cook the defense barrister for Vincent Tabak in the Jo Yeates murder case has an impressive background profile that should make the prosecution very aware that they will need a 100 per cent ‘watertight prosecution case’ anything less and the bright astute Paul Cook will dismantle the prosecution arguments in such a forthright and precise manner that the likely outcome of such errors will result in the acquittal on grounds of ‘not guilty’ for Vincent Tabak.

As the case stands at this point in time it is mostly based on speculation, but something (we do not know what) seems not right about this prosecution. It could be the lack of DNA evidence. It could be the lack of a confession of guilt. It could be that the murder was not legally murder and is in fact manslaughter. There are just so many anomalies and what ifs.

This is how we see the case at this moment in time – so on the assumption that nothing new enters the evidence then this case is tailor made for the defense barrister Paul Cook

Brief Paul Cook Background profile courtesy of Albion Chambers – quote –

Paul Cook is a specialist in criminal law undertaking prosecution and defence work. He is a CPS Grade 3 Prosecutor.

He has particular expertise in sexual offences, having prosecuted and defended in rapes, sexual assaults, child pornography, child abduction and internet grooming offences. In particular, he is very familiar with representing the interests of young, vulnerable and special-needs witnesses and defendants. Paul additionally conducts trials involving the supply of class A drugs, offences of violence and dishonesty, and is frequently instructed to prosecute multi-defendant cases. He also represents local authorities in applications seeking Public Interest Immunity in respect of Social Services files. He has been junior counsel in cases involving a range of offences.

Paul is approved on the Western Circuit Advocacy Programme for Circuit pupils as an advocacy trainer, a programme he has been actively involved with for five years.

In 2005 he became the Bar Junior for Bristol and in 2008 was elected Circuit Junior for the Western Circuit.

Sure the prosecution will be familiar with Cook and may have even been in legal tangles in past appearances in court with him. But this case is very high profile and the case has generated huge international interest. This additional dynamic will put external pressure on the UK legal system in making sure that this trial ends with a clear cut outcome regardless of whether that means a prosecution or an acquittal and a ‘not guilty’ verdict

One more time to the prosecution team make sure that your case is perfect anything less and the charismatic Paul Cook will leave your case ‘floundering in the court chambers’

The Jo Yeates Murder Trial will be very special and packed with intrigue and at present many unknowns that could make this case the Trial of the Year!

Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next