Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Email to the Missing People Charity

+33
cherry1
kathybelle
Loopdaloop
margaret
frencheuropean
kitti
whatsupdoc
Keela
almostgothic
NordicInKent
quickfingers
chrissie
Annabel
cass
macgee
susible
tanszi
wjk
pennylane
steve1295
Panda
mossman
James
jinvta
marxman
fred
Justiceforallkids
dazedandconfused
mara thon
trinity
Chris
dutchclogs
Christine
37 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 Empty Re: Email to the Missing People Charity

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 10 Jul - 12:04

pennylane wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
pennylane wrote:Beautifully said throughout Kathy. Well done! Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 307691

"I am absolutely disgusted, that you have chosen the infamous child neglector Kate McCann, to be your ambassador. It is Kate and Gerry McCanns fault, that Madeleine is missing. The McCanns are the ones who made a conscious decision, to leave their children unsupervised in their unlocked, unlit apartment, 5 out of 6 nights of that so called family holiday. The McCanns even admitted that they left their children alone, after Madeleine told them, she and Sean had cried the previous evening and this wasn't the first time they had been told that their children were crying while they were out."

Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 307691 Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 307691 Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 307691

Hi Penny

Thanks a lot, we are all fired up on here after hearing this shocking news. I hope the people in charge of this charity read these emails, do the right thing and dismiss Kate McCann.

They tried in 2008 at Strasbourg to get Mommie Dearest on the face of a European Amber Alert system, but they failed miserably as a couple of determined journalist stood up for common sense, justice, and logic.

Figuring the time was definitely not right.... they snuck back to the UK with their tails between their legs.

Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 Strasbourgsmall

Nothing short of a European Arrest Warrant is going to stop the gruesome twosome from climbing up the ladder of success. Too many heavies determined to keep them one step ahead of the law I'm afraid.

They did that at a time when the French system was already being tried out and a phone number had already been set aside. The French system was adopted, in spite of their efforts to hijack the process and have an American Amber alert system introduced.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 Empty Re: Email to the Missing People Charity

Post  kathybelle Tue 10 Jul - 12:15

I've just had a look who the patrons of the Missing People's Charity are and amongst the patrons are, Lorraine Kelly and Richard Branson. No wonder Kate's been given the Ambassador's job, with these two people as patrons.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 10 Jul - 12:24

AnnaEsse wrote:
pennylane wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
pennylane wrote:Beautifully said throughout Kathy. Well done! Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 307691

"I am absolutely disgusted, that you have chosen the infamous child neglector Kate McCann, to be your ambassador. It is Kate and Gerry McCanns fault, that Madeleine is missing. The McCanns are the ones who made a conscious decision, to leave their children unsupervised in their unlocked, unlit apartment, 5 out of 6 nights of that so called family holiday. The McCanns even admitted that they left their children alone, after Madeleine told them, she and Sean had cried the previous evening and this wasn't the first time they had been told that their children were crying while they were out."

Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 307691 Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 307691 Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 307691

Hi Penny

Thanks a lot, we are all fired up on here after hearing this shocking news. I hope the people in charge of this charity read these emails, do the right thing and dismiss Kate McCann.

They tried in 2008 at Strasbourg to get Mommie Dearest on the face of a European Amber Alert system, but they failed miserably as a couple of determined journalist stood up for common sense, justice, and logic.

Figuring the time was definitely not right.... they snuck back to the UK with their tails between their legs.

Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 Strasbourgsmall

Nothing short of a European Arrest Warrant is going to stop the gruesome twosome from climbing up the ladder of success. Too many heavies determined to keep them one step ahead of the law I'm afraid.

They did that at a time when the French system was already being tried out and a phone number had already been set aside. The French system was adopted, in spite of their efforts to hijack the process and have an American Amber alert system introduced.

Yes Anna, it's all coming back to me now.....

Edward McMillan-Scott is thinking "I wish I hadn't been coaxed into this bloody façade!"
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Tue 10 Jul - 12:34

It's not what you do, but who you know that decides. Lord and Lady McCann has a nice ring to it.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 10 Jul - 12:44

Justiceforallkids wrote:lests face it guys as much a s this pains me to say the mccans have won maddie will never get the juustice she so rightly deserves

I, on the other hand, strongly believe there is not a chance that they will escape Justice Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 10 Jul - 12:47

The End Is Nigh wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:lests face it guys as much a s this pains me to say the mccans have won maddie will never get the juustice she so rightly deserves

I, on the other hand, strongly believe there is not a chance that they will escape Justice Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 25346

i hope you are right!!!! Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 25346
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 10 Jul - 12:47

The End Is Nigh wrote:

I'm going to buy you a lovely present if you are proven right TEIN Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 83453
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 10 Jul - 12:47

The End Is Nigh wrote:

I always love it that you're so positive. Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 25346 I have to say l don't know if it was here or Jills site someone said about the This Morning interview Kate really didn't know what was going on with the review, which pleases me no end.

They're obviously not getting the Leics Police 'call me Stu' treatment, and that's a positive thing.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 10 Jul - 13:22

Thanks for those kind replies - I accept it could all go t*ts-up, but being relentlessly positive doesn't hurt one bit, for now!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Tue 10 Jul - 13:26

I agree with TEIN and think the truth will out. This appointment might be a good thing as public opinion is obviously not as they thought reading the messages on Twitter and FB today. She will get more exposure which means more of the same over the coming weeks. Stay positive.
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 10 Jul - 13:36

quickfingers wrote:I agree with TEIN and think the truth will out. This appointment might be a good thing as public opinion is obviously not as they thought reading the messages on Twitter and FB today. She will get more exposure which means more of the same over the coming weeks. Stay positive.

Yes, and more exposure means more of a backlash. Remember she couldn't do book signings because of the negative public reactions? Well, what do you think that THIS is going to be like? This is a catastrophic mistake, IMHO, not only by the charity, but by Kate McCann herself.

BTW just got this -

Thank you for your email to Info at Missing People. We will do
everything we can to respond to you during the next working day.

Somebody's going to be VERY busy between today and toimorrow.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue 10 Jul - 13:46

Missing people will need to take on top PR people skilled in 'crisis management' as I believe this is called in the trade.

Wouldn't it be a laugh if they called on C.Mitchell to spin this for them?
James
James
Reg Member
Reg Member

Male
Number of posts : 155
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 10 Jul - 13:56

James wrote:Missing people will need to take on top PR people skilled in 'crisis management' as I believe this is called in the trade.

Or Justine Spencer Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 294124
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 10 Jul - 14:04

Missing People are probably hoping that the protest will burn itself out.
It won't, of course.
Anything she has done/does from now on will be inextricably linked with their name.
Like all the writs heaped upon justice seekers for example. Or her derogatory remarks re people who oppose her.

Are we to get some more distraction techniques to try and lead people away from this PR disaster?
Will Mr Birch and his super-dooper machine find another interesting hole to peer into?
Will Karen Sisson and the Olive Press spot Madeleine again in a Costa del Sol ice-cream parlour or lurking behind a sandcastle?

Brace yourselves ......
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 10 Jul - 14:08

fred wrote:
James wrote:Missing people will need to take on top PR people skilled in 'crisis management' as I believe this is called in the trade.

Or Justine Spencer Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 294124

Email to the Missing People Charity - Page 3 294124
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 10 Jul - 14:11

almostgothic wrote:Missing People are probably hoping that the protest will burn itself out.
It won't, of course.
Anything she has done/does from now on will be inextricably linked with their name.

It's a catalysmic own goal. As they rely on donations l think they are taking a very risky gamble....
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Tue 10 Jul - 14:34

The End Is Nigh wrote:

I agree with you TEIN, but 'justice' may not
be as we all consider justice to be. Living
their lives with the constant fear of being
prosecuted and convicted, ducking and diving
a growing sceptical public, friends and family,
sleepless nights with nightmare slumber, and the
possible reliance on medication. The constant
fear of ridicule and their reputation shattered.
Always avoiding questions and accusing wisdoms,
and imprisoned within a circle of hangers-on and
a marriage nailed together forever based on a
mutual deceit and a let down.
So, justice has its way of dealing the cards, but
all the mccanns can do is shuffle them about a
little. They should really come clean.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Wed 11 Jul - 5:21

This charity seems to be following the old philosophy that "Any publicity is good publicity." However, what if contributions to the charity dry up due to the appointment of Kate McCann? It would be interesting to see the comparison of funds coming in to the charity both before and after the controversial appointment.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 11 Jul - 9:53

Here are the account for 2010-2011, year ended 31 March 2011

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/component/option,com_docman/Itemid,131/gid,65/task,doc_download/

Nice little earner....1.3m in wages out off 1.4m income.....

Reminds me off another little campaign and KM is exactly the right person for this job.

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 11 Jul - 10:08

Haha....everyone blocked who left a negative thread...only gurney and Carter and a few other sycophants left on the missing people webpage.....you couldn't make this up lol
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 11 Jul - 10:10

kitti wrote: Here are the account for 2010-2011, year ended 31 March 2011

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/component/option,com_docman/Itemid,131/gid,65/task,doc_download/

Reminds me off another little campaign and KM is exactly the right person for this job.

This whole thing stinks. It is all too familiar, even down to the holiday packs for sale.

I know companies / charities / people make error of judgements every day. Healys appointment is much more than an error of judgement. Indeed, the response yesterday from the organisation smacked of pure arrogance. Yes we knew she would be an upopular choice but hey we think she is fantastic. So f*** you, all of you who are would be donators. That makes no sense.

This arrogance is all too familiar, we have seen it displayed from a certain quarter over the past five years.

This charity was set up in 1993 as far as I can see. The two ladies who set it up are no longer there, according to the website. There is nothing to say therefore that it is run with the same ethos as displayed by the original founders.

This is just another part of the plan coming to fruition as far as I can see. I don't care what anybody says, there is no charity or company out there so stupid as to make a decision such as this. Of all the people in the world they chose Healy, who could quite possibly bring the whole company down.

Something very wrong with all of this.

mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  James Wed 11 Jul - 10:12

Thank you for posting these accounts Kitti.

The salary figure is £1.3 mill out of £1.9, total income (not £1.4 per your post).

The salary figure covers 43 staff. Per note 4 the highest paid person gets between £60,000 and £70,000 pa. Do the maths for the rest and you see there's no excessive salaries.

It worries me that some people don't seem to approve of paid staff in charities. people need to pay their mortgage and feed their children. I used to work for a very small charity. There were two of us and i was the senior employee. My salary was less than my qualifications warranted and I often worked more than the official hours. Salaries took up the majority of the very small income we had. So what! We did the work well and supervised/co-ordinated volunteers. While volunteers can be a great help, they can also be a pain in the neck. they come and go, they often think they have skills they don't and it can be difficult to suggest changes in the ways they do things.

Incidentally Missing peoples trustees (directors) do not receive salary or fees and per the accounts notes expenses of £178 were paid out in 2010/2011 for travel to meetings. The accounts published are very detailed and maybe Kate can learn from these accounts and put lots of information in the Funds next published accounts. But personally I doubt she will!
James
James
Reg Member
Reg Member

Male
Number of posts : 155
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 11 Jul - 10:30

James wrote:

Thank you for posting these accounts Kitti.

The salary figure is £1.3 mill out of £1.9, total income (not £1.4 per your post).

The salary figure covers 43 staff. Per note 4 the highest paid person gets between £60,000 and £70,000 pa. Do the maths for the rest and you see there's no excessive salaries.

It worries me that some people don't seem to approve of paid staff in charities. people need to pay their mortgage and feed their children. I used to work for a very small charity. There were two of us and i was the senior employee. My salary was less than my qualifications warranted and I often worked more than the official hours. Salaries took up the majority of the very small income we had. So what! We did the work well and supervised/co-ordinated volunteers. While volunteers can be a great help, they can also be a pain in the neck. they come and go, they often think they have skills they don't and it can be difficult to suggest changes in the ways they do things.

Incidentally Missing peoples trustees (directors) do not receive salary or fees and per the accounts notes expenses of £178 were paid out in 2010/2011 for travel to meetings. The accounts published are very detailed and maybe Kate can learn from these accounts and put lots of information in the Funds next published accounts. But personally I doubt she will!

James, I have no issue with anybody being a paid member of staff, be it charitable organisation or other. An honest days work for an honest days pay and many will be over worked and under paid and doing fantastic work with little recognition or gratitude.

I have serious issues though with the appointment of Kate Healy, as per yesterdays announcement. Any company / organisation / charity that makes such an appointment deserves to be questioned and I for one question the running of the organisation as a result of this decision.

It matters little what I think of Kate Healy as a person, what I think of what she has said over the years, how she has been portrayed in the media etc. However it matters to me that she has stated she left her children alone and it most of all matters to me that to this day she has never, ever, ever said sorry. She has never said what she did was wrong, what she did was an unacceptable thing to do. She and her husband have displayed an arrogance that I quite honestly find disgusting.

Therefore, I question why this appointment has happened, I question those who made the decision and as a result I question the organisation she is now part of.

It does not follow I have an issue with good, honest, hardworking people. It does not follow I question the charities to which I donate or believe in. I simply question Healy and those who have supported her appointment.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  steve1295 Wed 11 Jul - 10:46

@@kitti...can you tell me if pammie is still posting on the Missing People fb page.If she is that is just incredible.And sickening.
steve1295
steve1295
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 567
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Wed 11 Jul - 11:53

kitti wrote:Haha....everyone blocked who left a negative thread...only gurney and Carter and a few other sycophants left on the missing people webpage.....you couldn't make this up lol

Nope, on the original missing people fb thread with the announcement about Kate becoming and ambassador, there are still over 400 comments, and all of the (negative) ones I posted are still there, plus I see a good few more negative ones as well
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next