Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

+28
mossman
cass
Panda
tanszi
kitti
AnnaEsse
Bebootje
dutchclogs
jinvta
FSoares
MaryB
Colonel Fabien
frencheuropean
margaret
quickfingers
interested
rammy2
chrissie1
almostgothic
Lioned
fuzeta
joyce1938
mara thon
tigger
wjk
mumbles
Roasted Arizona
fred
32 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 5 Empty Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  Claudia79 Fri 25 Oct - 22:33

I've just been told that apparently Pedro do Carmo, from the PJ, informed the media the new line of investigation excludes the McCanns as suspects. I didn't know that and don't know if it is accurate.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :
Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Fri 25 Oct - 22:38

Claudia79 wrote:I've just been told that apparently Pedro do Carmo, from the PJ, informed the media the new line of investigation excludes the McCanns as suspects. I didn't know that and don't know if it is accurate.
It's accurate! I do not know how many more official statements some people still need.
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :
Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 25 Oct - 22:40

FSoares wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:I've just been told that apparently Pedro do Carmo, from the PJ, informed the media the new line of investigation excludes the McCanns as suspects. I didn't know that and don't know if it is accurate.
It's accurate! I do not know how many more official statements some people still need.
I was away almost all day yesterday so I must have missed the Pedro do Carmo thing. Nice...
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Fri 25 Oct - 22:43

Claudia79 I really don't believe the timing of this is coincidental either, I also think the Libel trial was the catalyst for the media storm and where we are today.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Fri 25 Oct - 22:44

I can't see this investigation having any influence on the trial nor should it.

IMO, if the case was a done deal and a preplanned whitewash, why would the McCanns feel the need to request to be "assistentes"?

I can't believe that the PJ in Porto, Faro and Portimão are corrupt as well the Ministério Público and the PGR, Joana Marques Vidal and would consent to a cover up. Nor plotting with the parents so that they can win a libel trial. Call me naive but I will try to be optimistic, after all, I believed the McCanns' story in the beginning. Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 5 25346 
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Fri 25 Oct - 22:48

So, a new line of investigation/more evidence was required for the case to be e-opened, but this does not mean they will blindly only go down that route ignoring any other possibilities. This particular line of investigation rules out the McCanns, but in doing a reconstruction / further interviews will move them further forward.

When Mr.Amaral comes out and says it's all over I will take it more seriously.
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 25 Oct - 22:49

Carolina wrote:I can't see this investigation having any influence on the trial nor should it.

IMO, if the case was a done deal and a preplanned whitewash, why would the McCanns feel the need to request to be "assistentes"?

I can't believe that the PJ in Porto, Faro and Portimão are corrupt as well the Ministério Público and the PGR, Joana Marques Vidal and would consent to a cover up. Nor plotting with the parents so that they can win a libel trial. Call me naive but I will try to be optimistic, after all, I believed the McCanns' story in the beginning. Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 5 25346 
The problem, Carolina, is that it doesn't take the whole of the PJ to be corrupt. Of course they aren't.
They feel the need to request for the 'assistentes' title because that's what parents of abducted children do. Like Filomena Teixeira.
And you're right, it shouldn't have any influence on the trial. And I stress 'shouldn't', I really, really, really hope the optimists are right. I just happen to think there is one in a hundred chance they are. But hey, I'll be here jumping up and down if I'm wrong and saying 'I told you so' if I'm right. Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 5 Icon_flower

Last edited by Claudia79 on Fri 25 Oct - 22:51; edited 1 time in total
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 25 Oct - 22:50

SteveT wrote:So, a new line of investigation/more evidence was required for the case to be e-opened, but this does not mean they will blindly only go down that route ignoring any other possibilities. This particular line of investigation rules out the McCanns, but in doing a reconstruction / further interviews will move them further forward.

I just told someone that I've been afraid to ask GA what he thinks about this because I fear that his answer will confirm what I think.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 25 Oct - 22:50

I heard on TV the other day it was a Europe wide search and investigation. And another Crimewatch style programme in Ireland next month. I can't see how this is a whitewash. How do they know who will phone in with what information and witnesses. There are easier ways to whitewash than this one. Last night I was pessimistic about the truth coming out. But I think it just might. Whatever that truth might be.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 25 Oct - 22:51

Here's something to keep you all entertained whilst we are waiting for the next exciting instalment. Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 5 819946 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Fri 25 Oct - 22:57

Carolina I really think the Judge in this case is immune to all that is going on in the background.  I think that this huge media blitz and all these announcements are designed to bring pressure on her.  of course I may be naïve in thinking that, but the timing. The UK PM authorised the controversial spending of millions of pounds in this case and SY will be looking for a positive outcome, anything less could have negative political results. So lets not pretend from the UK Establishment point of view, this is not political, it is.   I remain steadfast in my belief that the Judge in the Libel Trial will not be influenced by so called developments which all parties agree are theoretical and need further investigation. jimo.

Last edited by tanszi on Fri 25 Oct - 22:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : amend wording)
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Fri 25 Oct - 23:03

Claudia79 wrote:
FSoares wrote:
I was away almost all day yesterday so I must have missed the Pedro do Carmo thing. Nice...
AFAIK, there has been no official statement from the PJ about the McCanns' status in the investigation and in their statement regarding the reopening of the case they said that they would say no more about the ongoing investigation. We should expect a lot of spin. Remember what Olegário de Sousa said just before the McCanns were made arguidos? Or what Gerry wrote in his blog about how the police ensured them that they were not suspects. You can hardly expect the authorities to say that the McCanns are in their sights. The PJ has too much experience with those to know better and to say too much.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 25 Oct - 23:06

Carolina wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
FSoares wrote:
AFAIK, there has been no official statement from the PJ about the McCanns' status in the investigation and in their statement regarding the reopening of the case they said that they would say no more about the ongoing investigation. We should expect a lot of spin. Remember what Olegário de Sousa said just before the McCanns were made arguidos? Or what Gerry wrote in his blog about how the police ensured them that they were not suspects. You can hardly expect the authorities to say that the McCanns are in their sights. The PJ has too much experience with those to know better and to say too much.
The difference, Carolina, is that they were saying that but we all knew that wasn't true. And the press was printing it too. It's not the case now. And it was confirmed that Pedro do Carmo did say that.

ETA: I sent you a PM, btw.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Fri 25 Oct - 23:09

Claudia79 wrote:
SteveT wrote:So, a new line of investigation/more evidence was required for the case to be e-opened, but this does not mean they will blindly only go down that route ignoring any other possibilities. This particular line of investigation rules out the McCanns, but in doing a reconstruction / further interviews will move them further forward.

I just told someone that I've been afraid to ask GA what he thinks about this because I fear that his answer will confirm what I think.
I have a friend who has been in contact with him and he is happy that the case has been reopened. I think that Correio da Manhã has a good take on the investigation
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Fri 25 Oct - 23:18

Carolina, that is good to know!

I'm sure he will be very reserved in his comments if he really things are looking positive. He doesn't want to hand out ammunition!
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 25 Oct - 23:22

Carolina wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

I have a friend who has been in contact with him and he is happy that the case has been reopened. I think that Correio da Manhã has a good take on the investigation
He always wanted the case to be re-opened. And I always did too, of course. The problem are the reasons behind this now. And unless I hear it from him, I won't believe it. I've been avoiding asking him because I needed some time to digest some things I had been told. But I know I'll eventually ask him because I won't be able to resist, I always prefer the truth no matter how bad it is.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Fri 25 Oct - 23:44

Claudia79 wrote:

He may be satisfied the case was reopen but I doubt he is happy knowing the couple is not going to be checked and they're out of this new line of inquiry.
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Sat 26 Oct - 1:29

SteveT wrote:Carolina, that is good to know!

I'm sure he will be very reserved in his comments if he really things are looking positive. He doesn't want to hand out ammunition!
Amaral is happy then that gives me hope! I will not give up on Madeleine. Maybe I look at the case with rose colored glasses, but it sure beats being Debbie Downer.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Sat 26 Oct - 5:56

rammy2 wrote:I'm with Carolina - this is the latest of their spin, but tbh, I think they're spinning up against a wall, a Portuguese wall.

C'mon we've been here before haven't we? All them highs, and lows - well, this is one of them - but it's a different high and a different low - it seems more desperate somehow - Im trying not to use the word 'endgame' but I can't think of another one...

21st July 2008 (it was my birthday btw) - the day the case got shelved.........we'd all but given up, that was FIVE years ago chaps.......FIVE YEARS, and we're still here.
Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 5 307691 yes well said please please  dont't give up on Maddie just yet. we have all been here before
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Sat 26 Oct - 10:13

FSoares wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

He may be satisfied the case was reopen but I doubt he is happy knowing the couple is not going to be checked and they're out of this new line of inquiry.
I'm sure Gonçalo knows this if he read Correio da Manhã from the last two days. He was interviewed by CdM and his short statement appeared next to the article about the paedophile gang lead in the paper on 24 October. It is no secret that the new "indício" does not point at the McCanns because they want to look at the abduction theory for the time being.

I'm sure that the first question made by any journalist to anyone in authority is "Are the McCanns suspects?" They certainly can't say YES at this time, so they have to say NO. What choice do they have? And then, of course, the journalist is going to write "The McCanns are not suspects."

All I can say is, if the "segredo de justiça" is complied with, that I am looking forward to some silence on this case.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Bebootje Sat 26 Oct - 11:23

I bet doing a reconstruction was a requirement of the PJ in order to reopen the case.
And.. you can ask all you want but you will never know what the answer will be. To me it seems very unwise to give The McCanns access to the police files and I don't think they will get the answer they want.

"Mr Alves added: “The secrecy order that’s been placed on this case prevents me from saying what the new lines of inquiry are. It would be a crime for anyone with information to talk about it." But declares in fact that the parents are no suspects.
This is just bluff. I bet they don't know anything about the exact lines of inquiry. It is all about the reconstruction and the need of cooperation of the McCanns to do the reconstruction; they can hardly refuse now do they?
Bebootje
Bebootje
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sat 26 Oct - 11:38

Can somebody post the picture from May, where Kate and Gerry were photographed looking truly shocked, at the memorial service ?

That was the turning point, IMO, as Kate herself would say they "knew" at that point things were not going well. I have never seen them so distraught as in that picture, it was very real.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 26 Oct - 11:56

These ones?

Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 5 Article-2319228-199CAA4F000005DC-105_634x581
Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 5 Article-2319228-199CAAA3000005DC-871_306x587
Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 5 Article-2319228-199CAAAF000005DC-806_306x587
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 26 Oct - 12:00

Iris, I tried to reply but the photos never cm out only the link , so I deleted in case you are wondering. Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 5 25346 I like your new avatar BTW.

Yes, I think those photos are very revealing , are they sad because they know they "have let her down" or because they know it is endgame for them

OOPS, I see the photos are there I don't know how that happened.

Last edited by Panda on Sat 26 Oct - 12:09; edited 2 times in total
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sat 26 Oct - 12:04

Thank you. Those pictures are distressing. They look devastated. Far more than ever before.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next