Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

+28
mossman
cass
Panda
tanszi
kitti
AnnaEsse
Bebootje
dutchclogs
jinvta
FSoares
MaryB
Colonel Fabien
frencheuropean
margaret
quickfingers
interested
rammy2
chrissie1
almostgothic
Lioned
fuzeta
joyce1938
mara thon
tigger
wjk
mumbles
Roasted Arizona
fred
32 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 3 Empty Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  quickfingers Fri 25 Oct - 16:49

Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
FSoares wrote:And this new development we all know this is all over. Exactly the way lots of people wanted it to be. Let me repeat this is all over. Really! From now on it's just chasing "ghosts" and nothing really important to find out the truth.
Exactly.
Not often F Soares comments, Claudia, encouraging that she has emerged to tell us not to worry.Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 3 25346 
I think you didn't understand what FSoares meant to say. Read her last posts carefully. And I couldn't agree more with her.
I thought it meant the opposite??? Now I'm really confused.
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :
Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 25 Oct - 16:50

quickfingers wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
FSoares wrote:And this new development we all know this is all over. Exactly the way lots of people wanted it to be. Let me repeat this is all over. Really! From now on it's just chasing "ghosts" and nothing really important to find out the truth.
Exactly.
Not often F Soares comments, Claudia, encouraging that she has emerged to tell us not to worry.Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 3 25346 
I think you didn't understand what FSoares meant to say. Read her last posts carefully. And I couldn't agree more with her.
I thought it meant the opposite???  Now I'm really confused.
Panda misread FSoares' words.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :
Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 25 Oct - 17:08

It means this is entirely to make the mccanns look innocent, and it will

It's all over, phil is about to sing...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 25 Oct - 17:10

Two people has got away with what they intended to get away with.

Poor Madeleine ....

I still believe in the near future we, well not me, will know the truth or rather people that will remember it.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Fri 25 Oct - 17:13

If I could ask, particularly those up to speed with Portugese legal things how can they apply for this status if Madeleine is a Ward of Court, or does that make a difference ? I have wondered about this with the libel trial also, how can they seek damages on Madeleines behalf, if they are not her legal guardians.

I think they applied for this status back in 2007 and the result was.....they were made arguidos ! I stand to be corrected on this, I am in work and cannot search to provide a link, but does anybody else here remember ?

Having read one of the newspaper articles on line, it seems they are going to make an application (have not done so yet) so therefore it has not been granted yet.

I could boast about lots of things I am going to do, does not mean it will happen.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 25 Oct - 17:41

Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Exactly.
I took "this is all over" to mean the McCanns will lose the case .....so what did she mean?Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 3 25346 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 25 Oct - 17:46

It is all over and the sanitising operation is well under way.Not just the mccanns,far to many influential people have put their money on them.
Not enough eggs left in the World to deal with that lot.

Just the few details to plant about the German connections (that'll be the blonde men by the way).And Hewletts Gypsy friend.
And a suitable Russian Olygog.

Job done.

Sheeples will believe it and a few conspiracy loons left on the internet to ridicule.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Fri 25 Oct - 17:55

kitti wrote:
wjk wrote:I'm confused!! Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 3 731911 

Is this saying the McC's will get all the info from the PT investigation?
In a word...yes.

If your made an assistente in Portugal you get to see all the evidence against you.

You know the mccanns by now....
No, they do not get to see all of the evidence and any information given to them is at the discretion of the judge. They will have to make their specific requests and the judge can always say no. IMO, they are running scared and need to know what the police have on them.

To be an assistente, they can do it personally or through their lawyer. Since they will not be living in Portugal for the time being, I assume that they would be using a lawyer. This would be another financial burden on them and I wonder if they can bear it, as I don't think that a character such as Rogério Alves is cheap.

BTW, this was from a statement made last night by RA who said that he was contemplating asking for the "assistente" status for the McCanns. It's to be seen if he does.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 25 Oct - 17:59

Carolina - thank you. Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 3 Icon_flower
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Fri 25 Oct - 18:00

Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Exactly.
So, Claudia, you are saying that this will be a whitewash? And there is nothing more to do and that the McCanns will get away with it? I'm somewhat disappointed with your statement.

Last edited by Carolina on Fri 25 Oct - 18:05; edited 1 time in total
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 25 Oct - 18:01

[quote="Carolina"]
kitti wrote:

In a word...yes.

If your made an assistente in Portugal you get to see all the evidence against you.

No, they do not get to see all of the evidence and any information given to them is at the discretion of the judge. They will have to make their specific requests and the judge can always say no. IMO, they are running scared and need to know what the police have on them.

To be an assistente, they can do it personally or through their lawyer. Since they will not be living in Portugal for the time being, I assume that they would be using a lawyer. This would be another financial burden on them and I wonder if they can bear it, as I don't think that a character such as Rogério Alves is cheap.

Hi carolina, I thought Duarte was the McCanns Lawyer, unless they want to sack her.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Fri 25 Oct - 18:04

Panda wrote:
Carolina wrote:
kitti wrote:

In a word...yes.

Hi carolina, I thought Duarte was the McCanns Lawyer, unless they want to sack her ?
BTW, this was from a statement made last night by RA who said that he was contemplating asking for the "assistente" status for the McCanns. It's to be seen if he does.
Isabel Duarte is their lawyer for th e libel trial and Rogério Alves is their criminal lawyer. The must be spending a lot of money on lawyers all over the world.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Fri 25 Oct - 18:19

I am not buying it that this is a whitewash, and even if it is, it will not work. Just look at the Jon Benet Ramsay case. Apparently they were "cleared," but the whole world still suspect them of the murder of their daughter. The court of public opinion, particularly with the inernet, can be a life sentence, particularly when your young twins start going on the internet unsupervised.

Speaking of the Jon Benet case, the judge has ordered the indictment to be released to the public after 14 years, in spite of Jon Benet's father's protests. It will be quite interesting to read the evidence that brought the prosecutor to suspect the Rameys but then decide not to prosecute.

Just because someone may "get away with it" in a court of law, does not mean they get off scot free. Just look at Kate. Had they admitted death by negligence, and that they had found Madeleine dead upon their return to the apartment, one of them (probably Kate) would have served some time and would likely be free by now. Nobody would even know who they are. Instead, now they are the most famous child neglectors on the planet. Not much of a legacy if you ask me.

I will not give up on Madeleine. I can't see how they can sweep this crime under the rug, unless they can come up with either a live Madeleine or a body. Even if some paedo admits to the crime, nobody will believe this (this happened with the Ramsey case as well). The fact remains that no evidence points to an abduction by a stranger, unless Madeleine is found, the McCanns will always be the best suspects.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 25 Oct - 18:36

I just read a bit on Sky News about the Jon Bennet case. Seems as if a jury wanted them prosecuted or whatever the legal term was but the prosecutor over-ruled this.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Fri 25 Oct - 18:43

After reading all the foregoing comments, I am thoroughly confused. Should I take it that the McCanns are now prosecutors? This can't be happening!!! I was so optimistic yesterday and today so baffled about what I've been reading. I have to remind myself this case has been such a rollercoaster for six and one-half years and I have felt many other times that a particular event was going to lead to justice for Madeleine only to be disappointed....again and again. I am determined to remain optimistic that the truth will be revealed.......and I certainly don't mean the McCanns' truth.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Fri 25 Oct - 18:44

wrong link/info? Edited
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie1 Fri 25 Oct - 19:47

interested wrote:After reading all the foregoing comments, I am thoroughly confused.  Should I take it that the McCanns are now prosecutors?  This can't be happening!!!  I was so optimistic yesterday and today so baffled about what I've been reading.  I have to remind myself this case has been such a rollercoaster for six and one-half years and I have felt many other times that a particular event was going to lead to justice for Madeleine only to be disappointed....again and again.  I am determined to remain optimistic that the truth will be revealed.......and I certainly don't mean the McCanns' truth.
Posted on Facebook i hope she is wrong
Criminal Profiler Pat Brown

I have worked on enough cases to know that if a child is abducted by a stranger and stays missing, that means there is simply no evidence for the police to follow to the suspect. So, if Portugal is now saying they have evidence proving abduction of Maddie, they would actually have to have a suspect in hand. I don't believe they do. Hence, we are not being told the truth and this is a political move for Portugal to save face, blame the previous investigative team (that is quite common), make them (and Amaral) the scapegoats, and make Scotland Yard and all the bad publicity go away. The case will be shelved again with some dead kidnapper or some already jailed kidnapper, some "confession" that will never be proven to be true, or some "lead" that goes to a child sex ring where Maddie's life was ended long ago, maybe even "by accident" during the abduction so the parents don't have to think she suffered. Call me cynical, but I don't believe that Portugal and Scotland Yard are working a clever ruse to bring the McCanns back and force them and their friends into a reconstruction that will lead to finally charging them with the death and disappearance of their daughter.
chrissie1
chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 25 Oct - 19:47

Carolina wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Exactly.
So, Claudia, you are saying that this will be a whitewash? And there is nothing more to do and that the McCanns will get away with it? I'm somewhat disappointed with your statement.
I always say it as I see it, no matter what other people feel about it, Carolina. And yes, that is what I expect. And sadly, I am not the only one...
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 25 Oct - 19:49

Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Exactly.
I took "this is all over" to mean the McCanns will lose the case .....so what did she mean?Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 3 25346 
If you read the last posts from FSoares, I think it will become clearer.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  rammy2 Fri 25 Oct - 20:00

I'm with Carolina - this is the latest of their spin, but tbh, I think they're spinning up against a wall, a Portuguese wall.

C'mon we've been here before haven't we? All them highs, and lows - well, this is one of them - but it's a different high and a different low - it seems more desperate somehow - Im trying not to use the word 'endgame' but I can't think of another one...

21st July 2008 (it was my birthday btw) - the day the case got shelved.........we'd all but given up, that was FIVE years ago chaps.......FIVE YEARS, and we're still here.
rammy2

Number of posts : 49
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 25 Oct - 20:06

No, we have never been here before because never before did we have the PJ contributing to the whitewash. I would love to be proved wrong. In fact, I pray I am proved wrong the same way I always prayed that Madeleine would be found alive (and I was therefore proved wrong) but I suspect (and I understand it in a way) that some people want to convince themselves this is all a scheme to nail them because what I think is the reality is too disappointing (and terribly unfair) to accept.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Fri 25 Oct - 20:11

[quote="jinvta"]I am not buying it that this is a whitewash, and even if it is, it will not work. Just look at the Jon Benet Ramsay case. Apparently they were "cleared," but the whole world still suspect them of the murder of their daughter. The court of public opinion, particularly with the inernet, can be a life sentence, particularly when your young twins start going on the internet unsupervised.

Speaking of the Jon Benet case, the judge has ordered the indictment to be released to the public after 14 years, in spite of Jon Benet's father's protests. It will be quite interesting to read the evidence that brought the prosecutor to suspect the Rameys but then decide not to prosecute.

Just because someone may "get away with it" in a court of law, does not mean they get off scot free. Just look at Kate. Had they admitted death by negligence, and that they had found Madeleine dead upon their return to the apartment, one of them (probably Kate) would have served some time and would likely be free by now. Nobody would even know who they are. Instead, now they are the most famous child neglectors on the planet. Not much of a legacy if you ask me.

I will not give up on Madeleine. I can't see how they can sweep this crime under the rug, unless they can come up with either a live Madeleine or a body. Even if some paedo admits to the crime, nobody will believe this (this happened with the Ramsey case as well). The fact remains that no evidence points to an abduction by a stranger, unless Madeleine is found, the McCanns will always be the best suspects.[/quote}

Ramseys had the benefit, if you want to call it that, of being wealthy & known, powerful in that town, all the preconceived concepts of those sorts of people (rich, white) being not the sort who do terrible things,. and having US police rather than an outside force investigating them.

For the father to want to keep that information secret is not a good thing as relates to their innocence. Although maybe he just wants it to go away, he has lost 2 daughters and his wife.

Hard to believe that the only one doing time would be Kate if they all conspired to hide the body - As PJ does not do "deals" mother going to jail for finding her child dead while Daddy who hid the body going Scot free makes no sense, all of them would be in on it and culpable. if not in Portugal then in the UK. If not legally then by reputation - who wants a doctor or lawyer who is involved in such a thing? And how did madeleine die if she did? Why would that be Kate's fault; they were both negligent? As opposed to them investigating further, if Kate agreed to admit they hid the body, they'd have to say where, they'd have to produce it, forensic would be done and if it wasn't something explained away by an accident, then the investigation would go deeper, into whether she'd been molested or attacked in the home.

Kate refusing to answer questions when Gerry agreed to do so left her in the frame. Not fairly so, but once again Gerry knew best, agreeing to talk after knowing his wife had refused to do so.

They had the same advice of counsel to say nothing and he made himself out to be cooperative while his wife did not. I would have told the truth myself, not sit there muttering about tossers and then have my other half go in and be the Good parent who wants to cooperate. Even in her book the one place Kate does make Gerry out to be an arse is in this chapter where he is falling apart, we're done for, etc and then her going in to be the Lioness on a mission.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Fri 25 Oct - 20:56

Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:Exactly.
Ok, I don't post often by now, as you know. Actually over those past months there wasn't much to say and I do not have the same time as I had before to be a regular here.

To summarize it all for you, here's what is happening at the moment:

1) PJ made a review of the case, since March 2011;

2) Later, the Brit Gov involved SY on a review as well;

3) Since then, the two polices had regular meetings;

4) On a specific moment of time, Crimewatch was aired in the UK;

5) Crimewatch is broacasted at the same time the libel trial against GA is taking place;

6) E-fits are shown on Crimewatch and they found the man JT saw (this man lived in the Moon during
six and a half years);

7) All of sudden and out of the blue, PJ announces they've requested Public Prosecution the reopening of the process;

8) PJ states they have new leads to follow;

9) SY is glad with PJ and they state the PJ leads are different from those SY have;

10) Rogério Alves (the McCanns lawyer) is happy to announce he knows PJ will follow the abduction line and the parents are not suspects (despite the secrecy, he says that loud and clear);

11) The McCanns announce they will require the status of "assistentes", giving them a "special" position, because they can also ask for diligences and will have to be informed about all the "mouvements" from that moment on;

12) How can you think the truth will ever be found?

13) Because I know how the system works, I can tell you the case is over. They will never find an abductor neither Maddie. All the old suspects will be finally exonerated and the files can finally be archived again without noise, because it's a cold case.

FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Fri 25 Oct - 20:58

Claudia79 wrote:No, we have never been here before because never before did we have the PJ contributing to the whitewash. I would love to be proved wrong. In fact, I pray I am proved wrong the same way I always prayed that Madeleine would be found alive (and I was therefore proved wrong) but I suspect (and I understand it in a way) that some people want to convince themselves this is all a scheme to nail them because what I think is the reality is too disappointing (and terribly unfair) to accept.
Exactly and everybody's expectations must be low at the moment. Neither an abductor or Madeleine will be found nor the truth will ever come out!
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 25 Oct - 21:00

FSoares wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:Exactly.
Ok, I don't post often by now, as you know. Actually over those past months there wasn't much to say and I do not have the same time as I had before to be a regular here.

To summarize it all for you, here's what is happening at the moment:

1) PJ made a review of the case, since March 2011;

2) Later, the Brit Gov involved SY on a review as well;

3) Since then, the two polices had regular meetings;

4) On a specific moment of time, Crimewatch was aired in the UK;

5) Crimewatch is broacasted at the same time the libel trial against GA is taking place;

6) E-fits are shown on Crimewatch and they found the man JT saw (this man lived in the Moon during
six and a half years);

7) All of sudden and out of the blue, PJ announces they've requested Public Prosecution the reopening of the process;

8) PJ states they have new leads to follow;

9) SY is glad with PJ and they state the PJ leads are different from those SY have;

10) Rogério Alves (the McCanns lawyer) is happy to announce he knows PJ will follow the abduction line and the parents are not suspects (despite the secrecy, he says that loud and clear);

11) The McCanns announce they will require the status of "assistentes", giving them a "special" position, because they can also ask for diligences and will have to be informed about all the "mouvements" from that moment on;

12) How can you think the truth will ever be found?

13) Because I know how the system works, I can tell you the case is over. They will never find an abductor neither Maddie. All the old suspects will be finally exonerated and the files can finally be archived again without noise, because it's a cold case.

Sad but true.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next