Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

+28
mossman
cass
Panda
tanszi
kitti
AnnaEsse
Bebootje
dutchclogs
jinvta
FSoares
MaryB
Colonel Fabien
frencheuropean
margaret
quickfingers
interested
rammy2
chrissie1
almostgothic
Lioned
fuzeta
joyce1938
mara thon
tigger
wjk
mumbles
Roasted Arizona
fred
32 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 7 Empty Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  Claudia79 Sat 26 Oct - 18:23

Carolina wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Carolina wrote:
FSoares wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
SteveT wrote:So, a new line of investigation/more evidence was required for the case to be e-opened, but this does not mean they will blindly only go down that route ignoring any other possibilities. This particular line of investigation rules out the McCanns, but in doing a reconstruction / further interviews will move them further forward.

When Mr.Amaral comes out and says it's all over I will take it more seriously.
I just told someone that I've been afraid to ask GA what he thinks about this because I fear that his answer will confirm what I think.
He may be satisfied the case was reopen but I doubt he is happy knowing the couple is not going to be checked and they're out of this new line of inquiry.
I'm sure Gonçalo knows this if he read Correio da Manhã from the last two days. He was interviewed by CdM and his short statement appeared next to the article about the paedophile gang lead in the paper on 24 October. It is no secret that the new "indício" does not point at the McCanns because they want to look at the abduction theory for the time being.

I'm sure that the first question made by any journalist to anyone in authority is "Are the McCanns suspects?" They certainly can't say YES at this time, so they have to say NO. What choice do they have? And then, of course, the journalist is going to write "The McCanns are not suspects."

All I can say is, if the "segredo de justiça" is complied with, that I am looking forward to some silence on this case.
But that's the problem, Carolina. There was no silence. In fact, we had Pedro do Carmo confirming to the media that they are not suspects.
If the journalist asked him if the McCanns were suspects, what would he say? He can't say yes if that were the case, saying no comment would be a giveaway as well. He would have no choice but to say no. JMHO. Anyway, if this is the beginning of an investigation, you don't start telling the world who the suspects are or letting the suspects know that you suspect them.
If you know how the PJ acts then yes, silence is the way. In fact, the PJ were criticised from the beginning for not speaking but that is the way things are done in Portugal in general and in the PJ in particular. The statement on the PJ website and on the website of the PGR were more than enough except if the goal was for the press (and consequently) the citizens to get used to the idea of an abduction and of an abductor.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :
Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 7 Empty Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  widowan Sat 26 Oct - 18:42

Abduction is one of the scenarios. Much as people may blame and resent McCanns for the impact their dreadful decisions had on the tourist industry and on the international reputation of Portugal they surely cannot be ruling out abduction.

Stating that you are following that line of inquiry would be something the people would want to know about - whether in this case or any other, if there are pedophile rings that work in this way, regardless if they did so in this situation I would want to know there was one in my back yard.

From what you hear which isn't much these people prey on those easy to victimize - the poor - some of whom are even selling their own children for this type of thing. Not so much doctors on holiday.

the idea of a ring that operates in this way rather than in what would surely be less risky approach makes little sense to me. But perhaps it was a combination of factors.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7