Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

+28
mossman
cass
Panda
tanszi
kitti
AnnaEsse
Bebootje
dutchclogs
jinvta
FSoares
MaryB
Colonel Fabien
frencheuropean
margaret
quickfingers
interested
rammy2
chrissie1
almostgothic
Lioned
fuzeta
joyce1938
mara thon
tigger
wjk
mumbles
Roasted Arizona
fred
32 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 6 Empty Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 26 Oct - 12:09

mossman wrote:Thank you.  Those pictures are distressing.  They look devastated.  Far more than ever before.  
Those photos were the first in which I had observed genuine distress in those faces. If Gerry had felt the way he looked like there coming out of the Praia da Luz church, no number of balloons bursting would have made him laugh!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 26 Oct - 12:11

AnnaEsse wrote:
mossman wrote:Thank you.  Those pictures are distressing.  They look devastated.  Far more than ever before.  
Those photos were the first in which I had observed genuine distress in those faces. If Gerry had felt the way he looked like there coming out of the Praia da Luz church, no number of balloons bursting would have made him laugh!
That was exactly my first thought too.  Why didn't they look like that in May 2007? Or even in 2011?

Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 6 Mccanns-smile

For once, grieving Kate McCann can find something to smile about. So often pictured as a sad, withdrawn figure, she and husband Gerry burst into laughter as they promoted her book about their lost daughter Madeleine.
So what's suddenly changed?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 26 Oct - 12:31

It's true that they look devastated but I can't help remembering how, five years earlier, their demeanour changed from apparently heartbroken to jumping around like grinning ninnies the moment they thought they were off camera.

By the way, my Shrek avatar has temporarily been banished so that I can join the plant patrol!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sat 26 Oct - 12:31

Well that was May. We were told the Crimewatch drama was six months in the making......so six months is May to October.

Perhaps the Crimewatch programme was a knee jerk reaction to news that came from Portugal about this new team and their investigations.

The Portugese are very good at keeping secrets, lets face it, the re-opening announcement came from no where, the rumours were out for only a matter of hours. Then confirmation it was true.

mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 26 Oct - 12:46

Not Born Yesterday wrote:It's true that they look devastated but I can't help remembering how, five years earlier, their demeanour changed from apparently heartbroken to jumping around like grinning ninnies the moment they thought they were off camera.

By the way, my Shrek avatar has temporarily been banished so that I can join the plant patrol!
My Muzzy cat is having a holiday! Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 6 Icon_flower Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 6 Icon_flower Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 6 Icon_flower Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 6 Icon_flower 
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sat 26 Oct - 12:54

AnnaEsse wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:It's true that they look devastated but I can't help remembering how, five years earlier, their demeanour changed from apparently heartbroken to jumping around like grinning ninnies the moment they thought they were off camera.

My Muzzy cat is having a holiday! Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 6 Icon_flower Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 6 Icon_flower Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 6 Icon_flower Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 6 Icon_flower 

How do I get an avatar ?? Sorry for going off topic Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 6 25346 
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 26 Oct - 12:56

Go to your profile and then to avatar where there's a big selection.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sat 26 Oct - 13:01

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Go to your profile and then to avatar where there's a big selection.

Thank you. Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 6 944533 
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 26 Oct - 13:04

mossman wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

How do I get an avatar ??  Sorry for going off topic Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 6 25346 
I went to Google images and typed in "flowers." I chose one and saved to my computer. I then went to my profile, clicked on the Avatar tab and uploaded my buttercup. Then "Save"
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sat 26 Oct - 13:12

AnnaEsse wrote:
mossman wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

How do I get an avatar ??  Sorry for going off topic Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 6 25346 
I went to Google images and typed in "flowers." I chose one and saved to my computer. I then went to my profile, clicked on the Avatar tab and uploaded my buttercup. Then "Save"

And a very nice buttercup it is too, reminds me of my childhood
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 26 Oct - 13:15

Carolina wrote:
FSoares wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
SteveT wrote:So, a new line of investigation/more evidence was required for the case to be e-opened, but this does not mean they will blindly only go down that route ignoring any other possibilities. This particular line of investigation rules out the McCanns, but in doing a reconstruction / further interviews will move them further forward.

When Mr.Amaral comes out and says it's all over I will take it more seriously.
I just told someone that I've been afraid to ask GA what he thinks about this because I fear that his answer will confirm what I think.
He may be satisfied the case was reopen but I doubt he is happy knowing the couple is not going to be checked and they're out of this new line of inquiry.
I'm sure Gonçalo knows this if he read Correio da Manhã from the last two days. He was interviewed by CdM and his short statement appeared next to the article about the paedophile gang lead in the paper on 24 October. It is no secret that the new "indício" does not point at the McCanns because they want to look at the abduction theory for the time being.

I'm sure that the first question made by any journalist to anyone in authority is "Are the McCanns suspects?" They certainly can't say YES at this time, so they have to say NO. What choice do they have? And then, of course, the journalist is going to write "The McCanns are not suspects."

All I can say is, if the "segredo de justiça" is complied with, that I am looking forward to some silence on this case.
But that's the problem, Carolina. There was no silence. In fact, we had Pedro do Carmo confirming to the media that they are not suspects.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 26 Oct - 13:19

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 26 Oct - 13:21

precisely Claudia79, the McCs have always found a way around judicial secrecy, remember the now discredited bundleman efit, the deal which Philomena told the world about, no publicity that's a laugh. Blatant disrespect for another countries judicial procedures, and as you say they'll probably get what they want because parents of abducted children always do, but I have a concern. Madeleine's name was withdrawn from the Libel trial as she was a ward of court, I understand it is only the legal representatives that can act for a child. Are the McCs their child s legal representative or are the British Courts.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 26 Oct - 13:42

AnnaEsse wrote:

I thought you were all changing avatars in celebration of the turn of events Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 6 23324 

I won't be changing mine, I didn't make it a talented Member did to go with the user name I chose.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sat 26 Oct - 13:47

pmsl panda Coming up on ITV news at 1.30 - Page 6 23324 my butterfly flew off in a huff - and came back as a fairy
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 26 Oct - 14:18

tanszi wrote:precisely Claudia79, the McCs have always found a way around judicial secrecy, remember the now discredited bundleman efit, the deal which Philomena told the world about, no publicity that's a laugh.  Blatant disrespect for another countries judicial procedures, and as you say they'll probably get what they want because parents of abducted children always do,  but I have a concern.  Madeleine's name was withdrawn from the Libel trial as she was a ward of court, I understand it is only the legal representatives that can act for a child. Are the McCs their child s legal representative or are the British Courts.
I think that for the title of 'assistentes' the court has to consider the McCanns as 'legal representatives'.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sat 26 Oct - 14:21

Claudia79 wrote:
tanszi wrote:precisely Claudia79, the McCs have always found a way around judicial secrecy, remember the now discredited bundleman efit, the deal which Philomena told the world about, no publicity that's a laugh.  Blatant disrespect for another countries judicial procedures, and as you say they'll probably get what they want because parents of abducted children always do,  but I have a concern.  Madeleine's name was withdrawn from the Libel trial as she was a ward of court, I understand it is only the legal representatives that can act for a child. Are the McCs their child s legal representative or are the British Courts.
I think that for the title of 'assistentes' the court has to consider the McCanns as 'legal representatives'.
I have just asked that question on another thread. It's going to be interesting, the Ward of Court issue.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 26 Oct - 15:55

That picture of McCanns from this past May if that is when it was taken, looks awful. I think they still had hope a few weeks after Madeleine disappeared and in her book Kate says the psychologist that was working with them told them that she could walk in the door any minute and they had to be ready for that, etc.

Now if the PJ reopening the case actually has a line on a ring of pedophiles working that area, that is about the worst news a parent could get. What surprises me is that someone probably Clarence stated that the new line of investigation gave the parents HOPE.

They do not look hopeful, that was probably just the usual mealy mouthed non response coming from him.

The case reopening when the libel trial is still going on is suspicious timing indeed but the question in libel is not did the parents do it or the truth of what happened but rather whether he defamed them by stating his opinion which was shared in the investigation, I think.

I would expect the family to drop this case if they think there is actually anything going on with the new line of enquiry since they would have far more important things to do, but if they think this will help them win, then maybe they will carry on and then use the money for legal assistance in their new role - which would probably be their lawyers involvement rather than their own personally.

which assistant status has not been filed much less agreed and where the judge decides what they get and do not get to see.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Sat 26 Oct - 16:23

Widowan, yes you would expect them to drop the case. Concentrate on finding the answers or chase damages. But they won't!

Those photos show them completely devastated. That certainly is not acting.
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 26 Oct - 16:44

SteveT wrote:Widowan, yes you would expect them to drop the case. Concentrate on finding the answers or chase damages. But they won't!

Those photos show them completely devastated. That certainly is not acting.
No. Gerry in  particular looks utterly wrecked, I can't stand looking at that.

What do you think they heard? This is not the look you would have if you thought the police are onto us - you'd be frightened out of your wits.

To me it looks like they have heard that there may be information that actually does point to one scenario they particularly feared which was abduction by pedophiles. They no longer have the hope that some gypsy family wanted her to dance or beg or to sell for a few hundred Euro to some childless couple.

It would be very difficult for them to believe at this point that there is anything to be hopeful about. Poor Madeleine, in any case.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Sat 26 Oct - 16:49

Claudia79 wrote:
Carolina wrote:
FSoares wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
SteveT wrote:So, a new line of investigation/more evidence was required for the case to be e-opened, but this does not mean they will blindly only go down that route ignoring any other possibilities. This particular line of investigation rules out the McCanns, but in doing a reconstruction / further interviews will move them further forward.

When Mr.Amaral comes out and says it's all over I will take it more seriously.
I just told someone that I've been afraid to ask GA what he thinks about this because I fear that his answer will confirm what I think.
He may be satisfied the case was reopen but I doubt he is happy knowing the couple is not going to be checked and they're out of this new line of inquiry.
I'm sure Gonçalo knows this if he read Correio da Manhã from the last two days. He was interviewed by CdM and his short statement appeared next to the article about the paedophile gang lead in the paper on 24 October. It is no secret that the new "indício" does not point at the McCanns because they want to look at the abduction theory for the time being.

I'm sure that the first question made by any journalist to anyone in authority is "Are the McCanns suspects?" They certainly can't say YES at this time, so they have to say NO. What choice do they have? And then, of course, the journalist is going to write "The McCanns are not suspects."

All I can say is, if the "segredo de justiça" is complied with, that I am looking forward to some silence on this case.
But that's the problem, Carolina. There was no silence. In fact, we had Pedro do Carmo confirming to the media that they are not suspects.
If the journalist asked him if the McCanns were suspects, what would he say? He can't say yes if that were the case, saying no comment would be a giveaway as well. He would have no choice but to say no. JMHO. Anyway, if this is the beginning of an investigation, you don't start telling the world who the suspects are or letting the suspects know that you suspect them.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Sat 26 Oct - 16:49

I have always thought that blackmail is somehow linked to this case, and by the MCanns. Looking at the photos makes me wonder if it is not them being blackmailed.
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Sat 26 Oct - 16:54

Now to make things even more bizarre, there is Rogério "Slimeball" Alves telling the press that the PJ informed Kate and Gerry that they believe that their daughter is alive. This enters the realm of absurdity and ridiculousness. If it weren't so sad, you could have good laugh about it.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Sat 26 Oct - 16:55

SteveT wrote:I have always thought that blackmail is somehow linked to this case, and by the MCanns. Looking at the photos makes me wonder if it is not them being blackmailed.
That thought has crossed my mind, too.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 26 Oct - 16:58

Carolina wrote:Now to make things even more bizarre, there is Rogério "Slimeball" Alves telling the press that the PJ informed Kate and Gerry that they believe that their daughter is alive. This enters the realm of absurdity and ridiculousness. If it weren't so sad, you could have good laugh about it.
Metodo also told the world happily that kind of misinformation. Lawyers will say anything. Paid spokespersons will say anything. I don't believe the PJ informed McCanns of any such thing.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next