Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fridge

+36
marxman
Lillyofthevalley
Lioned
Bobsy
cherry1
tigger
ann_chovey
Badboy
malena stool
AnnaEsse
jinvta
comperedna
halfamo
Krisy22
LJC
cass
Wintabells
kitti
Ang
ProfessorPlum
gillyspot
Keela
snowflake
tanszi
MaryB
fred
Christine
Loveday
T4two
Annabel
Bebootje
want the truth
jeanmonroe
mara thon
margaret
Justiceforallkids
40 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Fridge - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fridge

Post  marxman Thu 31 May - 21:18

mara thon wrote:Who would go out and pay for a new fridge in a holiday rental? Surely that is something you would contact the rental agents about first.

Well not me! And, this may explain why it
was so necessary to promote the stupid
and unbelievable idea that they had NO
credit cards. If a fridge was bought, i'm
sure it would be recorded on their bank
statements that the PJ never got.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :
The Fridge - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Fridge - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Thu 31 May - 22:01

tigger wrote:https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t15572-the-fridge?highlight=fridge

This is the link to the earlier topic of the same name from last year.

I think Gerry used his blog to send messages. Some blogs got changed or whooshed, so when Pamalam noticed she took screenshots as well.
So the fridge must have been before the date the screenshots were started.

I don't think this great helpful philanthropist would bother hauling a fridge around. It may have been a message to say Murat or someone to say that the body had been moved from b to c.

I'm sure the wallet episode was another such ruse, together with the drunk in the road. Gerry also mentions the colour shirts he wears sometimes, imo it would be just like him to play such tricks. According to Philomena he loved playing tricks - card tricks mostly.

I have to say I agree with you on this. The blogs were used as a means of communication. The content of them is just too bizare considering the circumstances under which they were written.

I used the read them more or less as they came on line. At that time I thought the two of them so strange I used to eagerly await the next installment, and read them aloud to a colleague who sat next to me in the office. That is why I remember clearly the fridge was mentioned by Gerry. I can still hear my colleague say they paid for a fridge for some guy who owns a villa and not for a babysitter for their kids and has he anything else to do with his time but transport fridges around PDL.

The timings of the runs being mentioned were something else I have thought about and what they might mean. I have no particular reason for it but the mention of them bothers me.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
The Fridge - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Fridge - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Bebootje Thu 31 May - 22:24

O no, not the FRIDGE again? The Fridge - Page 2 424625
Bebootje
Bebootje
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 31 May - 23:10

yes the fridge. i remember reading about it too, but unless someone somewhere screen shot that blog everyone will say it didnt happen.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 1 Jun - 0:39

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id251.html

Link didn't work for me in the opening post, but here's a link to DP's rogatory interview in which he mentions the fridge (just search the term 'fridge' in edit/find on this page)
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Fri 1 Jun - 0:49

Does anyone remember that film called "The Plank?" Tommy Cooper was in the film and he was hilarious. He wasn't the star of the film, though, the star was the plank of wood.

Maybe someone could make a film called "The Fridge." I know another plank who could play the leading part in the film. The Fridge - Page 2 25346

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 1 Jun - 7:34

Who washes the curtains ?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Fri 1 Jun - 7:43

kitti wrote:Who washes the curtains ?

The washing machine? The Fridge - Page 2 25346
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 1 Jun - 8:23

kathybelle wrote:

I think that the washed curtains were mentioned by the PJ when? But I also understand that the curtains were washed after 3/5, which may simply have been done by the cleaners/OC staff.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Loveday Fri 1 Jun - 12:53

We can debate about grisly fridge uses but they're just conjecture. What is pretty much beyond doubt is that here is a man whose daughter has supposedly been abducted by a paedophile gang and yet he is sitting on the internet, under the impression that the world gives a toss about his difficulties with household appliances. That is perhaps the most telling thing. It's utterly bizzare.

They are both stark, raving, sociopathic, narcissistic, mad.
Loveday
Loveday
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 300
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Fri 1 Jun - 13:42

Loveday wrote:We can debate about grisly fridge uses but they're just conjecture. What is pretty much beyond doubt is that here is a man whose daughter has supposedly been abducted by a paedophile gang and yet he is sitting on the internet, under the impression that the world gives a toss about his difficulties with household appliances. That is perhaps the most telling thing. It's utterly bizzare.

Aah yes, that inane chatty blog supposedly from a grieving parent, (since selectively deleted).... plus the laughing faces coming out of the church, the sniggering beach walk, the punch and judy happy family pic, the GM balcony scene, the BBC end of interview laughing video... etc etc the list of weird behaviour is endless. We aren't the only ones who noticed - there's criminal profiler Lee Rainbow and of course expert Mark Harrison. They brought in the dogs and lo and behold - the dogs marked. All pretty conclusive stuff then and sufficient in other cases to convict and bang people up for a very long time.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 1 Jun - 13:57

tigger wrote:
kathybelle wrote:

I think that the washed curtains were mentioned by the PJ when? But I also understand that the curtains were washed after 3/5, which may simply have been done by the cleaners/OC staff.

I thought that Kate said she washed them as the twins had dirtied them. I remember thinking at the time, that it was strange, surely you would either call housekeeping, or leave a note for the cleaners the next time that they were due.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 1 Jun - 14:01

T4two wrote:
Loveday wrote:We can debate about grisly fridge uses but they're just conjecture. What is pretty much beyond doubt is that here is a man whose daughter has supposedly been abducted by a paedophile gang and yet he is sitting on the internet, under the impression that the world gives a toss about his difficulties with household appliances. That is perhaps the most telling thing. It's utterly bizzare.

Aah yes, that inane chatty blog supposedly from a grieving parent, (since selectively deleted).... plus the laughing faces coming out of the church, the sniggering beach walk, the punch and judy happy family pic, the GM balcony scene, the BBC end of interview laughing video... etc etc the list of weird behaviour is endless. We aren't the only ones who noticed - there's criminal profiler Lee Rainbow and of course expert Mark Harrison. They brought in the dogs and lo and behold - the dogs marked. All pretty conclusive stuff then and sufficient in other cases to convict and bang people up for a very long time.

The diary comes a close second for inane comments. But the overall winner must be what Blacksmith called 'The longest suicide note in history', the bewk.

The blog entries would be hilarious if the case weren't so serious. It's clear that Gerboy is in his element, being listened to by the whole world - of course they want to know all about him on a daily basis, how would their lives be complete otherwise?
Best thing is the regular mention of a 'family day' - always a Saturday - well has to be, creche is closed only on Saturdays.

Last edited by tigger on Fri 1 Jun - 14:02; edited 1 time in total
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Fri 1 Jun - 14:01

T4two wrote:

So why not now.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Fri 1 Jun - 14:02

fred wrote:
tigger wrote:
kathybelle wrote:

I thought that Kate said she washed them as the twins had dirtied them. I remember thinking at the time, that it was strange, surely you would either call housekeeping, or leave a note for the cleaners the next time that they were due.

It's called compulsive behaviour disorder - she only has to see a stain or smell an unpleasant odour and she feels compelled to wash it out. In some cases such behaviour is even based on imagining that there is a stain or an unpleasant smell. It's all very sad...
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 1 Jun - 14:03

fred wrote:
tigger wrote:
kathybelle wrote:

You might be right, I've never come across that snippet. Wonder where I could find it?
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Fri 1 Jun - 14:41

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id29.html

CURTAINS in the flat - said to have had blood on them - were washed after Madeleine's disappearance

Full article here:

Exclusive: Brit cops to quiz Kate McCann Sunday Mirror

Brit police want Kate to answer ALL 40 questions...
Doubt cast on evidence of dogs that smelt death...
Party did NOT drink 15 bottles of wine at bar

Nick Owens and Grant Hodgson in Praia da Luz 16/09/2007

Kate McCann will be quizzed by British detectives within the next 48 hours and will again be asked: Did you kill Madeleine and what did you do with the body?

Kate, already under unimaginable pressure, will be grilled by officers from Leicestershire Police on behalf of Portuguese detectives.

She will face detailed interrogation on the 40 questions put to her by Portuguese police who are convinced she killed Madeleine accidentally, then conspired with husband Gerry to cover up the death by faking the four-year-old's abduction.

Plans for the fresh police interview came on another day of extraordinary developments in which it emerged:

PORTUGUESE police want the couple to return there to take part in a Crimewatch-style reconstruction of the night Madeleine disappeared.

A TEAM of up to 20 Leicestershire police officers are said to be looking into the McCanns' private lives on behalf of their Portuguese colleagues.

THE inquiry turned dramatically against the McCanns when two British police sniffer dogs detected the scent of death in their holiday apartment

CURTAINS in the flat - said to have had blood on them - were washed after Madeleine's disappearance

GERRY'S brother John insisted the McCanns and their seven friends did NOT get through 15 bottles of wine the night Madeleine vanished as has been claimed.

McCANN pal Jane Tanner's claim to have seen a man walking away with a pyjama-clad child wrapped in a blanket has been categorically ruled out by Portuguese police as mistaken.

The questions Kate is to be asked will include the ones she refused to answer when she was declared an official suspect in the inquiry on September 7, claimed Portuguese paper Jornal de Noticias yesterday.

It reported that Portuguese judge Pedro Daniel Dos Anjos Frios last week gave investigators in the Algarve permission to make the interview request through Europol - the Europewide police organisation.

That interview with British police could take place as soon as Tuesday, the paper reported.

Kate, 39 - who yesterday remained at home in Rothley, Leics, with the family - is understood to have declined to answer a number of questions 10 days ago on the advice of her Portuguese solicitor.

Portuguese police also want their British counterparts to seize the original copy of Kate's diary, in which the mum-of-three allegedly complains that Gerry, also 39, did not do enough to help her with boisterous Madeleine and their twins, Sean and Amelie, two.

The judge is said to have declared the diary "potential evidence" on Friday in a meeting with police and prosecutors at Portimao court.

Portuguese police made photocopies of the diary while the McCanns were in Portugal in the hope of finding clues about Kate's state of mind.

Unbelievably, Portuguese police now want the McCanns and their group of friends to fly back to Praia da Luz to enable the reconstruction to take place.

Investigators want Kate and Gerry to take part in or advise police on their movements as the event is staged.

It would be filmed and distributed to TV stations in an attempt to jog memories and, possibly, put still more pressure on the couple.

Police are now said to be planning new searches guided by mobile phone satellite technology.

It has enabled them to pinpoint where the McCanns and their friends were from calls they made to each other the night Madeleine disappeared.

The new searches are expected to focus on the McCanns' Algarve holiday complex, The Ocean Club, and the area leading to the sea.

Other searches are thought to be planned in a forested area north of the town of Lagos near to where the McCanns were staying.

Meanwhile, the Sunday Mirror has learned of the dramatic moment which led to Portuguese police turning on the McCanns.

It came when springer spaniels Eddie and Keela - loaned by South Yorkshire Police in early August, 13 weeks after Madeleine vanished - picked up the scent of a corpse in the McCann holiday apartment.

Sniffer dogs allegedly "smelt death" on Kate's trousers - explained by her friends as due to her work as a GP.

But friends of the McCanns were dismissive of the revelations - saying the evidence would be inadmissible in court because it was not corroborated and the scent the dogs were following could have been anyone's.

One friend said: "The police change their tune every day and feed information left, right and centre to try and smear Gerry and Kate. It is quite appalling and distracts attention from the search for Madeleine."

It has also been alleged that curtains behind the sofa had traces of blood which were found to have been washed when they were taken away and analysed.

The dog evidence - combined with the finding of particles of Madeleine's DNA and hair in the McCanns' hire car - led to police declaring Gerry and Kate official suspects.

A police incident room is now in place in Leicester where up to 20 officers are said to be following up on requests from their Portuguese counterparts.

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith has also spoken to the Chief Constable of Leicestershire, Matt Baggott, twice in the past fortnight about developments in the case.

Our source said: "The police have assured the Home Secretary that the evidence the Portuguese police are gathering is legitimate and the investigation is progressing.

"The British police and the Portuguese are working very much hand in hand each day."

He added: "The Portuguese have told British police that Kate's diary shows she had trouble controlling the children. British officers are therefore being asked to look into Kate's background to see if she had any history of depression or if there are any signs she has struggled to cope with looking after her kids."

This has enraged the McCann family, who say Kate is a brilliant and calm mum.

The source said: "The police have also been asked to locate Kate and Gerry's medical records to see if there are any potential hereditary health conditions which would make it dangerous for Maddy to be given a sedative.

"Officers are being asked to check up on statements given by friends of the McCanns because they are not positive the timings they have been given are right. It is likely many friends will be asked to give new statements within the next few days."

The source explained: "Gerry has answered no comment to every question he has been asked and the view among the Portuguese Police is that he and Kate must respond to a number of unanswered questions."

Meanwhile, sources in Portugal agree the McCanns' friends, including Jane Tanner, also face a second round of questioning in the next few weeks.

Last night, Jane was reported to be at the top of the police reinterrogation list.

Detectives are said to have concluded that information she gave them about seeing a man running away from the McCanns' apartment with a pyjama-clad child in a blanket, was false.

The information formed the basis of a police e-fit. However, there is no suggestion the McCanns' friend was deliberately lying.

And last night John McCann defended his brother Gerry and sister-in-law in an interview with Portuguese weekly Expresso.

He said the McCanns and their friends drank only "four or five" bottles of wine the night Madeleine disappeared - not the 15 bottles previously reported.

Richard Branson offers £100,000 to fund the McCann's legal fight.

Kate's friends Linda McQueen and Nicky Gill come out in support of the McCann's.
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Fri 1 Jun - 15:36

Keela wrote:
T4two wrote:

So why not now.

Good question - been asking that myself for almost 5 years, which is why I follow this forum and will continue to ask it until a satisfactory answer is found.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Fri 1 Jun - 15:40

mara thon wrote:Who would go out and pay for a new fridge in a holiday rental? Surely that is something you would contact the rental agents about first.

Someone who has used the fridge in such a way that it would damage it or render it useless. And you would have to hold your hands up to replacing it because the villa owner would know it was not the original fridge. Therefore, you make up some flimsy reason why you had to replace the fridge yourself which satisifies the villa owner and seemingly everyone else. But, of course, it could be a red herring!

As to what really happened to Madelene that's a harder question to answer. I am thinking perhaps hidden away in some large cold storage somewhere. Dry ice can be used in a good quality portable ice chest, the sort that people take on camping trips. Not too difficult to get hold of, neither is dry ice. And because the chest is portable it, too, can disappear when it has to.

Frozen food delivery vans can be purchased second hand from websites and such vans can be driven miles, across Europe if necessary perhaps? No where to plug it in overnight or you would rather not plug it in at all? Again, early models used large blocks of dry ice, keeping its contents frozen for up to 12 hours.

Perhaps the disappearing fridge at the villa was a deliberate red herring so as to create a diversion to the real cold hiding place?
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Fri 1 Jun - 16:05

LJC wrote:

Someone who has used the fridge in such a way that it would damage it or render it useless. And you would have to hold your hands up to replacing it because the villa owner would know it was not the original fridge. Therefore, you make up some flimsy reason why you had to replace the fridge yourself which satisifies the villa owner and seemingly everyone else. But, of course, it could be a red herring!

As to what really happened to Madelene that's a harder question to answer. I am thinking perhaps hidden away in some large cold storage somewhere. Dry ice can be used in a good quality portable ice chest, the sort that people take on camping trips. Not too difficult to get hold of, neither is dry ice. And because the chest is portable it, too, can disappear when it has to.

Frozen food delivery vans can be purchased second hand from websites and such vans can be driven miles, across Europe if necessary perhaps? No where to plug it in overnight or you would rather not plug it in at all? Again, early models used large blocks of dry ice, keeping its contents frozen for up to 12 hours.

Perhaps the disappearing fridge at the villa was a deliberate red herring so as to create a diversion to the real cold hiding place?

The dry ice theory has been immediately discounted on various sites every time I've broached it since 2007 but I'm still convinced that it is a possibility because it is a way of deep-freezing which is regularly used for flash freezing biological samples for example and would therefore be very familiar to anyone who had studied medicine. It has the advantage that it doesn't require any special container and doesn't melt but sublimates i.e. turns into carbon dioxide gas. All that is required therefore is a well-ventilated space.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 1 Jun - 16:08

T4two wrote:
LJC wrote:

The dry ice theory has been immediately discounted on various sites every time I've broached it since 2007 but I'm still convinced that it is a possibility because it is a way of deep-freezing which is regularly used for flash freezing biological samples for example and would therefore be very familiar to anyone who had studied medicine. It has the advantage that it doesn't require any special container and doesn't melt but sublimates i.e. turns into carbon dioxide gas. All that is required therefore is a well-ventilated space.

A microbiologist of my acquaintance uses liquid nitrogen to flash freeze samples.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Fri 1 Jun - 16:19

AnnaEsse wrote:
T4two wrote:
LJC wrote:

A microbiologist of my acquaintance uses liquid nitrogen to flash freeze samples.

Yes, liquid nitrogen - also used for removing warts, or dry ice whereby dry ice would be easier to get hold of because it is quite commonly used in the food industry and even by plumbers.

Dry Ice is frozen carbon dioxide, a normal part of our earth's atmosphere. It is the gas that we exhale during breathing and the gas that plants use in photosynthesis. It is also the same gas commonly added to water to make soda water. Dry Ice is particularly useful for freezing, and keeping things frozen because of its very cold temperature: -109.3°F or -78.5°C. Dry Ice is widely used because it is simple to freeze and easy to handle using insulated gloves. Dry Ice changes directly from a solid to a gas -sublimation- in normal atmospheric conditions without going through a wet liquid stage. Therefore it gets the name "dry ice."
As a general rule, Dry Ice will sublimate at a rate of five to ten pounds every 24 hours in a typical ice chest. This sublimation continues from the time of purchase; therefore, pick up Dry Ice as close to the time needed as possible. Bring an ice chest or some other insulated container to hold the Dry Ice and slow the sublimation rate. Dry Ice sublimates faster than regular ice melts but will extend the life of regular ice.
It is best not to store Dry Ice in your freezer because your freezer's thermostat will shut off the freezer due to the extreme cold of the Dry Ice! Of course if the freezer is broken, Dry Ice will save all your frozen goods.
Commercial shippers of perishables often use dry ice even for non frozen goods. Dry ice gives more than twice the cooling energy per pound of weight and three times the cooling energy per volume than regular water ice (H2O). It is often mixed with regular ice to save shipping weight and extend the cooling energy of water ice. Sometimes dry ice is made on the spot from liquid CO2. The resulting dry ice snow is packed in the top of a shipping container offering extended cooling without electrical refrigeration equipment and connections.

http://www.dryiceinfo.com/
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Loveday Fri 1 Jun - 16:28

Interestingly, my GP used it to remove two skin tags I had on my arm.

Loveday
Loveday
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 300
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sun 3 Jun - 13:29

When I replied to the post regarding washing the curtains, with the answer the washing machine, it was meant to be a joke. If you look back to my earlier post, I remarked on the film "The Plank" and I said someone could make a film called "The Fridge" That post was made in reply to a poster who said "Oh no not the fridge" So when I made the post regarding the washing machine, I was attempting to bring a little humour to the thread. I was going to add that a film called "The Washing Machine" could be a sequel to "The Fridge" which I thought could be a sequel to "The Plank."

I wish I hadn't bothered now. The Fridge - Page 2 389741
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 3 Jun - 14:00

kathybelle wrote:When I replied to the post regarding washing the curtains, with the answer the washing machine, it was meant to be a joke. If you look back to my earlier post, I remarked on the film "The Plank" and I said someone could make a film called "The Fridge" That post was made in reply to a poster who said "Oh no not the fridge" So when I made the post regarding the washing machine, I was attempting to bring a little humour to the thread. I was going to add that a film called "The Washing Machine" could be a sequel to "The Fridge" which I thought could be a sequel to "The Plank."

I wish I hadn't bothered now. The Fridge - Page 2 389741

Kathybelle, I appreciated your humour. Sometimes it takes humour to show just how ludicrous certain things are.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next