Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BAD NEWS,I HAVE DIABETES

+11
comperedna
cherry1
kitti
Claudia79
wjk
Angelina
fuzeta
Lioned
chrissie
LJC
Panda
15 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

BAD NEWS,I HAVE DIABETES - Page 8 Empty Re: BAD NEWS,I HAVE DIABETES

Post  Badboy Sat 14 Jan - 14:11

GOING FOR MY EYE SCREENING ON MONDAY
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :
BAD NEWS,I HAVE DIABETES - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100BAD NEWS,I HAVE DIABETES - Page 8 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Sat 14 Jan - 23:23

Hi Badboy hope all is well for your eyes on Monday do take care of yourself will save you a lot of trouble ,in the long run .joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 345
Warning :
BAD NEWS,I HAVE DIABETES - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100BAD NEWS,I HAVE DIABETES - Page 8 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 16 Jan - 0:25

I READ SOMETHING TODAY IN A SCIENCE MAGAZINE THAT METFORMIN CAN PREVENT CANCER AND CAN EXTEND LIFESPAN,SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 16 Jan - 16:03

Badboy wrote:I READ SOMETHING TODAY IN A SCIENCE MAGAZINE THAT METFORMIN  CAN PREVENT CANCER AND CAN EXTEND LIFESPAN,SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC.

Here's a link for an article Badboy, I don't know if this is the one you refer to though.

http://jeffreydachmd.com/metformin_anti_aging_miracle_drug/

Metformin and Cancer Prevention

Virtually all cancers eats only one food, and that is Glucose, also called sugar.
Cancer cells have many times the normal number of insulin receptors on their outer cell membranes which makes the cancer cell “Gobble Up” sugar when it is available. Cancer cells are very sensitive to Insulin, and high insulin levels massively increase sugar uptake by cancer cells.

AMPK Activation by Metformin and Effect on Cancer

Metformin upregulates AMPK which blocks expression of cancer-promoting genes (22)
and activates the tumor suppressor p53 gene. (22) Metformin inhibits aromatase expression in breast tissue which decreases estrogenic proliferation. (23)

Increased Cancer in Diabetes

Diabetics have increased risk of numerous types of cancers , such as
primary liver cancer, pancreatic cancer, colorectal cancer, endometrial cancer, breast cancer, and renal cancers. (24)

Metformin Use Reduced Cancer almost in HALF

In a Dutch study, 85,000 Type Two Diabetics (T2DM) on metformin or sulfonylurea were followed over ten years. The risk of a cancer diagnosis was reduced by 10% for metformin users compared to diabetics on sulfonylurea agents. Metformin users had lower risks for cancers of the esophagus, stomach, colon, liver, pancreas, lung, breast, and prostate (25)

In another study of 4,085 metformin users compared to controls, cancer was reduced by 46% for the metformin users compared to non-users. (26) An Italian study from Florence showed Metformin use reduced cancer incidence. (27) A study from MD Anderson Cancer center showed Metformin use reduce pancreatic cancer incidence by 62 per cent. (28) Another MD Anderson study shows Metformin to be beneficial to the breast cancer patient while undergoing treatment.(29)

Metformin as a CR Mimetic – Caloric Restriction
What is Caloric Restirction ?

In the race to find some type of intervention that would decelerate the aging process in animals (and humans) and prevent the onset of age-related degenerative disease, one intervention stands out as the most successful, restricting the food supply to the laboratory mouse. This is called caloric restriction. “Caloric restriction (CR) is the most robust environmental method known for decelerating aging and the development of age-related diseases.”(32)

Antiaging Potential of Metformin

In the early 1970s, Dr. Vladimir Dilman hypothesized that Metformin Compounds, the biguanides may have use as “geroprotectors” and anticancer effects (“metabolic rehabilitation”). In the early 1990s, Dr. Dilman and Ward Dean hypothesized that metformin should be considered as an “antiaging” therapy.(30)

The Metformin/AMPK Connection – CR

Metformin/AMPK use prevents cell damage, triggers cell repair, and switches our cells into “survival mode” which increases and energy (ATP) production. The cellular long term needs for protein, lipid and starch synthesis decreases.

Metformin use very closely mimics cell repair processes associated with Caloric Restriction (CR), creating a Genetic Profile (mRNA) in mice very similar to the changes in gene profile seen with Caloric Restriction (CR)(31)

Using gene chip technology, studies show Metformin affects 63 genes involved in energy production, protein synthesis, and cell growth (31-33). Metformin induced gene modifications closely mimic caloric restriction, and dramatically extends lifespan of mice by almost 40 per cent. (34)

malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 16 Jan - 23:24

NOT THE ONE BUT EITHER IN SCIENTIFIC AMERICA OR PERHAPS NEW SCIENTIST.
EYES APPEAR TO ALRIGHT,I DISCUSS THESE FINDINGS WITH HIM ,SAID THAT AUTOPSIES PERGORMED ON VIETNAMESE AND AMERICAN SOLDIERS REVEALED FURRED UP ARTERIES IN AMERICAN SOLDIERS,ONLY DIFFERENCE WAS DIET,SUGAR I BLEIVE HE SAID WAS ONE OF THE DIFFERENCE.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 14 Mar - 14:20

FOLLOWED EMIFORLOVE CHAMPAIGN ON DIABETES,SOME INTERESTING FACTS;25% OF KUWAITIS ARE DIABETIC,550MILLION PEOPLE IN THE WORLD BY 2030 WILL HAVE DUABETES,READ TODAY IN GUARDIAN THAT CHILDREN WHAR ARE 3 HOURS OR MORE AT A SCREEN ARE MORE LIKLY TO BE DIABETIC.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Tue 14 Mar - 22:31

Hi ,Badboy ,I believe the reason so many kids are becoming diabetic ,is because they sit around too much?Kids used to see T v for few hours a day ,but also ran about outside playing .Walked to school and back ,now mothers are taking kids to school In cars etc. not exercising much at all. joyce1938.
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 19 Mar - 1:47

joyce1938 wrote:Hi ,Badboy ,I believe the reason so many kids are becoming diabetic ,is because they sit around too much?Kids used to see T v for few hours a day ,but also ran about outside playing .Walked to school and back ,now mothers are taking kids to school In cars etc. not exercising much at all. joyce1938.
THE PROBLEM IS REGARDLESS OF EXERCISE LEVELS,STUDY SHOWS,COULD IT BE LIGHT LEVELS?.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 19 Mar - 11:12

The increasing numbers of children being diagnosed with diabetes could be to do in part with diabetes being a familial condition. Increasing numbers of parents with the diabetic syndrome are passing the condition on to their offspring. These children will marry or take partners and have more children born with the probability of being diabetic, Type1. or developing the condition in later life, Type2.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 21 Mar - 14:06

SAW A SNIPPET ON FRONT OF TELEGRAPH THAT THEY RECKON OPENING A WINDOW OVERNIGHT OR SOMETHING CAN REDUCE RISK OF DIABETES.
GLOBAL WARMING COULD INCREASE RATES OF DIABETES.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 28 Mar - 13:30

KEEP GETTING EMAILS ABOUT DIABETES,THING LIKE DR TAYLOR'S CURE,THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT MEDICAL PRACTICETORS.
SOME ARE SIMPLY LINKS TO ADS AOUT A COMPLETEY DIFFERENT SUBJECT.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 31 Mar - 1:45

I HEARD ON THE RADIO WHILE IN A TAXI THAT A DOCTOR PROPOSES THAT TYPE 2 DIABETES SHOULD BE CALLED WALKING DEFICENTY SYNDROME, I KID YOU NOT.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 9 Jun - 15:29

I am now taking statins for high cholestrolE
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 16 Jun - 15:13

SAW THE NURSE ON WEDNESDAY,THINGS ARE OK BAD NEWS,I HAVE DIABETES - Page 8 944533 BAD NEWS,I HAVE DIABETES - Page 8 944533 BAD NEWS,I HAVE DIABETES - Page 8 944533 BAD NEWS,I HAVE DIABETES - Page 8 944533 BAD NEWS,I HAVE DIABETES - Page 8 944533 BAD NEWS,I HAVE DIABETES - Page 8 944533 BAD NEWS,I HAVE DIABETES - Page 8 944533 BAD NEWS,I HAVE DIABETES - Page 8 944533
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Fri 16 Jun - 23:42

Good for you badboy ,you, must be doing something right.Keep it up ,better to be safe than sorry.joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 18 Sep - 12:32

I SAW A HEADLINE SUGGESTING DARK MEAT LIKE BEEF AND CHICKEN COULD CAUSE DIABETES,PERHAPS THE IRON I THINK WAS THE PROBLEM.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 18 Sep - 18:47

Usually it's the cholesterol/fats/proteins contained in the diet that are considered when considering them as being good or bad for the diabetic diet, Badboy.
Protein provided from vegetation are usually healthy fats with high fibrous content, such as baked beans which is a good diabetic diet.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 4 Mar - 0:36

SAW A HEADLINE SAYING CASES OF DIABETES HAVE DOUBLED IN 20 YEARS 3.7 CASES? MOSTLY TYPE 2 DIABETES
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 4 Mar - 21:05

Many of these "increases" are accounted for by immigration, Badboy, not by the indigenous population.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 5 Mar - 12:38

1 IN 11 PEOPLE IN WORLD ARE DIABETIC.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 10 Apr - 13:28

SAW A REPORT ON FRONT OF NEWSPAPER THAT MANY EMPLOYERS THINK DIABETICS CAN'T DO THE WORK.
ALSO PHTHALATES? IN PLASTIC CAN CAUSE DIABETES,RESTAURANT EATING CAN ALSO CAUSE DIABETES BECAUSE SOME FOOD IS IN PLASTIC.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 10 Apr - 15:59

I assume that these jobs which that you are reading about that diabetics are unable to do are for Health and Safety reasons.

I have no idea about plastics contributing to diabetes although they are blaming the use of plastics for many conditions nowadays.

malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 12 Apr - 14:09

MANY OF THOSE JOBS ARE THOSE WHERE DIABETES DOESN'T AFFECT JOB PERFORMANCE,AT LEAST THAT WHAT'S IMPLIED.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 12 Apr - 19:25

I couldn't hazzard a guess Badboy, not seeing the articles but off hand I can't imagine any job other than one where H&S issues are involved not being open to those with well controlled diabetes.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 25 May - 20:36

1 in 8 people globally could have diabetes due to obesity levels by 2050.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next