Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread....

+20
Jem
ali1966
fred
quickfingers
steve1295
Susan
Judge Dread
suzyone
pm
fishie
Angelina
margaret
Justiceforallkids
Carolina
Colonel Fabien
halfamo
lubelle
Krisy22
Pabby
FSoares
24 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 Empty Re: McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread....

Post  Guest Sun 12 Jul - 9:37

But he was kicked off the case in October 2007 days after the Sunday Mirror revealed he was working as little as four hours a day and was enjoying long, boozy lunches.

All facts then? McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 Empty Re: McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread....

Post  Guest Sun 12 Jul - 9:56

I understood that the profits from Gonçalo Amarals book were being donated to a childrens charity in Portugal. That was what Paulo Sargento said on Portuguese TV.

If this is correct it means the McCanns are not only happy to use the Madeleine Fund to pay their personal bills, but have no compunction about snatching money from needy children either.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Sun 12 Jul - 9:58

justagrannynow wrote:I understood that the profits from Gonçalo Amarals book were being donated to a childrens charity in Portugal. That was what Paulo Sargento said on Portuguese TV.

If this is correct it means the McCanns are not only happy to use the Madeleine Fund to pay their personal bills, but have no compunction about snatching money from needy children either.

If he is doing that, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, they won't be able to prove that bit of it for a start. Presumably he will have records of what he's donated and to whom...and if he hasn't then he been rather silly
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :
McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 12 Jul - 17:16

justagrannynow wrote:I understood that the profits from Gonçalo Amarals book were being donated to a childrens charity in Portugal. That was what Paulo Sargento said on Portuguese TV.

If he's named the charity then i'm sure that can easily be verified. He'd be really stupid to name one knowing it wasnt true.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 12 Jul - 20:33

I bet they don't go through with it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sun 12 Jul - 21:42

eddie wrote:I bet they don't go through with it.

They handed a writ to the papers? This sounds like a bluff to show the world they mean business but thats sort of unprofessional I would say so I agree with you!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sun 12 Jul - 21:57

Dogwood wrote:

If he's named the charity then i'm sure that can easily be verified. He'd be really stupid to name one knowing it wasnt true.

Actually I think it was going to an orphanage. I'm sure Paula knows the details......
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  lubelle Sun 12 Jul - 21:59

Ambersuz wrote:
Dogwood wrote:

Actually I think it was going to an orphanage. I'm sure Paula knows the details......
Yes i remember reading that.Good on him!
lubelle
lubelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1405
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sun 12 Jul - 22:08

lubelle wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:
Dogwood wrote:

I've emailed someone to see if they know......if she doesnt then no one will McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 849426
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 12 Jul - 22:28

Ambersuz wrote:

They handed a writ to the papers? This sounds like a bluff to show the world they mean business but thats sort of unprofessional I would say so I agree with you!

As someone has just said to me: Losing their daughter didnt make them depressed or sleepless, but Amaral getting too close to the truth does? FFS!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sun 12 Jul - 22:33

eddie wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:

As someone has just said to me: Losing their daughter didnt make them depressed or sleepless, but Amaral getting too close to the truth does? FFS!

Eds he's always been a threat to them....they are leaving no stone unturned to get him to STFU...shame they didnt use the same efforts to find their kid eh?
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 12 Jul - 22:36

Ambersuz wrote:
eddie wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:

Eds he's always been a threat to them....they are leaving no stone unturned to get him to STFU...shame they didnt use the same efforts to find their kid eh?

He's a stuck up little shit and she's a sour faced old trout. I am gettign sick of the pair of them and just wish they'd come clean!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Sun 12 Jul - 23:41

The McCanns are claiming Amaral caused them all this personal grief, well, they didn't show and still don't. Their behaviou caused an awful lot of people to doubt their story!
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 13 Jul - 6:22

Ambersuz wrote:
lubelle wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:
Dogwood wrote:

I've emailed someone to see if they know......if she doesnt then no one will McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 849426

Thanks Amber, it would be great if we could get info on this. I spent ages yesterday trawling the internet. When G. Amarals book was first announced in Portugal, there was a lot on forums about the profits going to an orphanage and I also found that the profits from later publications in Europe have been donated to a charity for teenagers. This was said in an interview with Paulo Sargento and G. Amaral on TV1, which is still online. There is also a video on U tube of Gonçalo Amaral at what looks to be a very posh charity function in Lisbon where I think he is being awarded some honour for his charity work, the Malta something.

Trouble is, all this is in Portuguese and that is why I am reluctant to say for sure what is being done with the
profits in case I am responsible for another load of forum myths !!!!

If donations are going to childrens charities it will not look at all good for the McCanns. The other interesting thing is that the Mirror whooooshed this article by lunchtime yesterday so I am glad I brought it here as the links no longer work. Now why would they do that ???? McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 13 Jul - 6:52

What an odd title for a press report.

TORN APART BY HIS LIES

The truth is they are torn apart by their own lies and now they cant keep up with them McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 29204
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 13 Jul - 10:39

eddie wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:
eddie wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:

He's a stuck up little shit and she's a sour faced old trout. I am gettign sick of the pair of them and just wish they'd come clean!!
I could not have said it better!
The McScammers want more money! They are so desperate! If they cared (not!) about Maddie Kate would have answered the 48 questions!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 13 Jul - 11:13

MsTaken wrote:What an odd title for a press report.

TORN APART BY HIS LIES

The truth is they are torn apart by their own lies and now they cant keep up with them McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 29204

Very true MsT McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 307691
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 13 Jul - 11:13

David wrote:
eddie wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:
eddie wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:

I could not have said it better!
The McScammers want more money! They are so desperate! If they cared (not!) about Maddie Kate would have answered the 48 questions!!

Very true that too McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 307691
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 13 Jul - 18:02

The Daily Star are covering it today

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/88979/Maddie-parents-sue-tec/

MADDIE PARENTS SUE ’TEC
ABOVE: Madeleine is missing
13th July 2009
By Jerry Lawton

MADELEINE McCann’s parents are launching a £1million lawsuit against the detective who declared them suspects in her disappearance.

And they will use any cash they win to help fund their search for her.

Gerry and Kate McCann, both 41, have hired Portugal’s top libel lawyer to conduct their claim against Goncalo Amaral.

The 49-year-old ex-police officer was behind the decision to name them suspects after Maddie vanished from their

Portuguese holiday flat in May 2007, just before her fourth birthday.

Cleared

He was later sacked from the case and the couple, from Rothley, Leics, have been cleared of any involvement.

Since retiring from the force Amaral has continued to point the finger of suspicion at the McCanns in a book and TV documentary which have made him a millionaire.

Their lawyer Isabel Duarte, 54, said: “The McCanns have been torn apart by Amaral’s claims.”

Amaral’s publisher Mario Sena Lopes said he was “looking forward’’ to facing them in court.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 13 Jul - 18:39

McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 87849 McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 157799 Amaral was never sacked!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 13 Jul - 19:26

David wrote:McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 87849 McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 157799 Amaral was never sacked!

And the McCanns weren't cleared of any involvement. The case was shelved due to insufficient evidence.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Mon 13 Jul - 19:41

David wrote:McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 87849 McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 157799 Amaral was never sacked!

NO he wasnt...he was taken off the case cause he was getting close but David forget all that gossip for now......

This comment below is far more important !!!

Amaral’s publisher Mario Sena Lopes said he was “looking forward’’ to facing them in court.

Yehaaaaawwwwwwwwwww McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 849426
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Mon 13 Jul - 20:37

Ambersuz wrote:

NO he wasnt...he was taken off the case cause he was getting close but David forget all that gossip for now......

This comment below is far more important !!!

Yehaaaaawwwwwwwwwww McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 849426

But not till next summer apparently McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 371436
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Mon 13 Jul - 20:49

I know!!!!!!!!!!!

Another long bloody wait McCanns to sue Goncalo Amaral Thread.... - Page 6 36898
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 3 Sep - 2:07

Is there anymore news on whether Amaral has actually received a writ yet ???
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next