Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kate becomes ambassador

+45
Claudia79
AnnaEsse
kitti
almostgothic
pennylane
James
margaret
cherry1
cass
matthew
Keela
Annabel
Oldartform
mariang
malena stool
Panda
quickfingers
Justiceforallkids
LJC
mossman
mara thon
steve1295
marxman
kathybelle
jinvta
jd16
Krisy22
SteveT
dazedandconfused
dutchclogs
jay2001
jeanmonroe
tanszi
Angelique
susible
cherrylight
ELI
Chris
Wintabells
chrissie
whatsupdoc
Karen
Christine
trinity
gillyspot
49 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Kate becomes ambassador - Page 8 Empty Re: Kate becomes ambassador

Post  Panda Wed 11 Jul - 16:54

Justiceforallkids wrote:
Panda wrote:
quickfingers wrote:Nothing I can see about her appointment or the start of the campaign in the UK media today. I am still wondering why the Mail haven't commented on the Birch theory or Missing People.

I noticed the Express never commented on the Birch theory either , and the Sun article was on page 29, maybe the Press are getting tired of the McCann Saga.

you cant blame them its been the same old crap for 5 years!!!

Yes JFAK, they know as we know that Madeleine is no longer alive and the McCanns are no longer top news.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Kate becomes ambassador - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kate becomes ambassador - Page 8 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 11 Jul - 17:07

Panda wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:
Panda wrote:
quickfingers wrote:Nothing I can see about her appointment or the start of the campaign in the UK media today. I am still wondering why the Mail haven't commented on the Birch theory or Missing People.

I noticed the Express never commented on the Birch theory either , and the Sun article was on page 29, maybe the Press are getting tired of the McCann Saga.

Yes JFAK, they know as we know that Madeleine is no longer alive and the McCanns are no longer top news.

If the pink one wanted these latest stories to have more exposure..... they would (imho).
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
Kate becomes ambassador - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kate becomes ambassador - Page 8 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 11 Jul - 17:16

pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:
Panda wrote:

If the pink one wanted these latest stories to have more exposure..... they would (imho).

I'm not so sure, the McCanns are saying they don't beleive this, but their Portugese Lawyer is asking the Police to demand the area be dug up! also,
it turns out Isobel Duarte is the Media Lawyer for Expresso!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Wed 11 Jul - 17:31

Well maybe their lawyer thought they would be interested to find out either way? He just presumed they would act like most other people in that situation and want it checked out just in case?
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 11 Jul - 18:05

quickfingers wrote:Well maybe their lawyer thought they would be interested to find out either way? He just presumed they would act like most other people in that situation and want it checked out just in case?

Alves is a flamboyant character by all accounts given to grandstanding and I would assume he would discuss with his Clients before making demands.
Murat has already been singled out by Jane Tanner and 3 others from the Tapas Group and won £600,000 damages, I think this is why the McCanns
don't want to get involved.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 11 Jul - 20:22

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:
Panda wrote:

I'm not so sure, the McCanns are saying they don't beleive this, but their Portugese Lawyer is asking the Police to demand the area be dug up! also, it turns out Isobel Duarte is the Media Lawyer for Expresso!!!

Oh the twists and turns. Kate becomes ambassador - Page 8 29204
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Wed 11 Jul - 20:34

Wednesday, 11 July 2012
The Role of a Brand Ambassador

Brand ambassadors market a brand, product or service on behalf of a business organisation. They promote the brand name, products and services by interacting with customers, business partners and the media. Brand ambassadors are basically company marketing representatives and customer relationship managers. The objective of the brand ambassador position is to provide information about a brand, product or service, generate income and build preference of a brand name.

The charity Missing People have (in my opinion) made the wrong decision in appointing Kate McCann as ambassador - wrong because although Mrs McCann has publicly associated herself with the charity in the past, she has never volunteered her services. She was also one of the prime suspects in her missing daughter's case and to this day has never been cleared.

In the case of a donation based charity, public opinion is tantamount and I've already read of many horrified fundraisers refusing to donate any further monies to Missing People. Which is a shame.

There are many comparisons popping up online, such as Karen Matthews as Mrs McCann's assistant and right hand umm man, and...

Harold Shipman as ambassador for Help the Aged.
Peter Sutcliffe as ambassador for Battered Women.
Hitler as ambassador for Dove soap.

Sick comparisons, but just as sick as the Queen of Neglect championing missing children?

With the help from friends in high places, the McCanns seem to be on a roll with their 'wider agenda' so hey ho, here are some familiar and easy suggestions for Mrs McCann to further her non-diplomatic ambassadorship career...

Institute of Babysitters

Legal and Fighting Funds

Ministry of Sad Faces

Tapas Drinks and Nibbles Chamber of Commerce

Whether she likes it or not, being directly implicated in her own daughter's disappearance means that Kate McCann will always be the best ambassadorial reminder that you should never, ever leave your children alone. For the good of all the children that are still here and not already missing...

However, the 'snooty, cadaver scent under the nose' look is NOT a good marketing ploy - she really should go au naturelle (and I definitely don't mean commando).

http://thepottingshedder.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/role-of-brand-ambassador.html
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 11 Jul - 21:18

Leicester Mercury 11 July 2012.... late again with their electronic copy. This was in yesterday's printed edition.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Kate-McCann-launches-missing-people-campaign/story-16510510-detail/story.html

The mother of missing Madeleine McCann is backing the campaing which will see billboards around the country publicising the cases of individuals whose whereabouts are no longer known.

Appeals will be launched in major cities including London, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow running across rail and underground networks, on high streets and in shopping centres.

The advertisements will include details of individual missing people, creating awareness of the new number to call for sightings - 116 000 - and harnessing the public's help to join the search.

Kate McCann, a new ambassador for the charity Missing People, said: "When your child goes missing you want the whole world to stop and join the search.

"More than 250,000 people are reported missing each year in the UK - worryingly they could fill the Olympic Stadium three times over.

"Thankfully, campaigns like this can play a vital part in the search. In May, two youngsters featured in the charity's 'Big Tweet for Missing Children' were found safely.

"The search for Madeleine continues and I am delighted to lend my support as an ambassador to this practical solution that gives hope to families like mine.''
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Thu 12 Jul - 5:44

Audio: Kate McCann on Radio 5 live

A new national poster campaign to help find missing people has begun successfully, after teenager Nicola Grobler was traced. Kate McCann tells Shelagh why she backs the initiative.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00vym9w
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 12 Jul - 7:20

The most important thing she has ever done to date and ...nothing.

Why.

I say because she knows the backlash she will get .

And has got ..
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mariang Thu 12 Jul - 8:18

I wonder if a 'salary' is given as 'an ambassador'?
mariang
mariang
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 142
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 12 Jul - 9:17

hard faced smug cow --- that pic says look at me im here im staying im a celeb f you --- pic makes me sick --- infact as much as myra hendlys one omg Kate becomes ambassador - Page 8 371436
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 12 Jul - 10:16

mariang wrote:I wonder if a 'salary' is given as 'an ambassador'?

If they payed out 1.3m in salaries last year my bet is YES....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Thu 12 Jul - 11:22

Probably yes, and she must have been tutored well by her friend Lady Meyer on how to make loads of dosh.

http://hurryupharry.org/2011/05/31/a-charity-a-lady-a-scandal/

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Thu 12 Jul - 14:03

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 12 Jul - 15:28

kitti wrote:

Yes £1.3M out of £1.9M. So the charity only received £600K which is less than a third of the money raised! I think that figure is outrageous. Mind you Kate will soon have that honed down to 13%....
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Thu 12 Jul - 16:36

I know that charities rely on the goodness of people giving but when the bulk of the money received is used up in salaries, bonuses, perks etc for the people running said charity it makes a mockery of the whole giving thing. I won't give to charities where they are to all intents "faceless". I prefer to give direct to the people needing it, eg I wouldn't give to Cats protection but would give to a friend of mine who runs a cattery for them.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 12 Jul - 16:39

I put some cans off cat food In a box which was in morrisons once....at least I know where they are going.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Thu 12 Jul - 18:13

matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  James Thu 12 Jul - 18:23

margaret wrote:
kitti wrote:

Yes £1.3M out of £1.9M. So the charity only received £600K which is less than a third of the money raised! I think that figure is outrageous. Mind you Kate will soon have that honed down to 13%....

the staff getting the salaries are doing the work of the charity was set up to do - we have no evidence otherwise. So what is the problem?

I would certainly not approve of Kate getting a salary. There is no evidence she is, posters are suspicious because of the Mccanns obvious love of money. I think she has done it to keep up her profile, appear to care about missing children and adults. the case with Tony bennett is up in sept so she has a reason to try to improve her image.
James
James
Reg Member
Reg Member

Male
Number of posts : 155
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 12 Jul - 18:58

james you are so right its all about me me mcann --- its all about damage limitation ---- and yes its a bit of a kicking the teeth for tony bennett too and portugal --- what kate mcann doesnt rewalise is choose what she does what she says --- she will always be known as the mother that put her own fun before ensuring her children was safe

amagine a mother of a missing child that is upto speed with the case --- and mrs mcann comes up like a celeb wanting to shake hands kiss babies that kind of thing -- i know what id be saying to her --- infact if it wasnt so sad all this it would be laughable shes a frigin joke
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Thu 12 Jul - 19:20

There shouldnt be any problem in staff of charities getting a salary for doing charity work - as long as the
salary isnt exorbitant like in the case of Lady Meyer!

Some charities spend more on exorbitant salaries, changing their stationery every three months, having marble fitted offices - than they do on providing services to people in need!
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 12 Jul - 20:24

James wrote:
margaret wrote:
kitti wrote:

the staff getting the salaries are doing the work of the charity was set up to do - we have no evidence otherwise. So what is the problem?

Because it worked out to be an average salary of £26k didn't it? Which is an awful lot of money for an office based job, call me old fashioned but isn't there an element of putting yourself out for little money working for a charity?

Raising nearly £2m and finding yourself with less than a third of that for the charity stinks IMO, l do finance for a living and the wages/donations ratio seems ott to me.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 12 Jul - 22:18

The people that do all the hard work are the people that work in the charity shops, washing and ironing the clothes, dressing the windows to make the shop look more presentable and unloading and loading the goods to transfer them to other shops......they are volunteers And don't get payed ...the ones who get the big salaries do sod all.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 12 Jul - 22:43

One of my students worked as a "chugger" for a while. Whenever someone signs up to one of these charities in the street, most of their "donation" actually goes to pay the wages and expenses of the chuggers. You are better off just donating directly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next