Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kate becomes ambassador

+45
Claudia79
AnnaEsse
kitti
almostgothic
pennylane
James
margaret
cherry1
cass
matthew
Keela
Annabel
Oldartform
mariang
malena stool
Panda
quickfingers
Justiceforallkids
LJC
mossman
mara thon
steve1295
marxman
kathybelle
jinvta
jd16
Krisy22
SteveT
dazedandconfused
dutchclogs
jay2001
jeanmonroe
tanszi
Angelique
susible
cherrylight
ELI
Chris
Wintabells
chrissie
whatsupdoc
Karen
Christine
trinity
gillyspot
49 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Kate becomes ambassador - Page 3 Empty Re: Kate becomes ambassador

Post  pennylane Tue 10 Jul - 10:33

whatsupdoc wrote:
pennylane wrote:
quickfingers wrote:Kate McCann is appearing on This Morning at 10.30am today to discuss her new project.

Don't think I can stomach it qf..... I will have to wait for others to watch it and report back I think.

Me neither. I'm not watching evil propaganda.

Evil propaganda from evil lips! Kate becomes ambassador - Page 3 173510
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
Kate becomes ambassador - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kate becomes ambassador - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 10 Jul - 10:42

This is just too ridiculous!! Kate becomes ambassador - Page 3 87849 Kate becomes ambassador - Page 3 371436
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :
Kate becomes ambassador - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kate becomes ambassador - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 10 Jul - 10:44

[Kate] said: “It was recently revealed that in the UK a child goes missing every three minutes. That is frankly terrifying.”

This so called 'fact' that a child goes missing every three minutes in the UK needs to be examined more closely. For a start, the statistic she's quoting is worded as follows:

In the UK, a child is reported missing every 3 minutes
http://www.missingkids.co.uk/

There's a big difference between a child being reported missing and a child going missing and what she doesn't mention is that many of them are snatched by estranged parents who have lost custody battles.
http://www.dadzclub.com/articles/features/missing-children.ashx

The studies on this issue seem to be sketchy, but the National Policing Improvement Agency Missing Persons Bureau has produced this for 2009/10
http://www.npia.police.uk/en/docs/Missing_Persons_Data_and_Analysis_2009-10.pdf

The vast majority of those people who go missing return or are found quickly, data within this report indicates that between 55 to 80 per cent of missing people return within 24 hours. Only around one per cent will remain outstanding after one year, approximately 2,000 people.

In total children and young people aged under 18 years made up 64 per cent of the missing reports. The data suggest that people in the 15-17 year old age group went missing most frequently, with this group making up 34 per cent of the missing reports (see figure 2 overleaf and the table in Appendix E). These figures could include multiple incidents relating to the same young person if they have gone missing repeatedly.

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 10 Jul - 10:47

That's what angers me wintabells, statistics are manipulated to suit whoevers agenda. It is a fact the vast majority of missing children are thankfully found.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Tue 10 Jul - 10:49

pennylane wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:I have felt for some time that everything about this case is so bonkers that it was a likelihood that Kate and / or Gerry would be made a patron of a charity. The day has finally come - the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQvVTPXZuBo

Indeed we were right NBY!

Buckingham palace is next.... and there's not a doubt in my mind on that!

Yes Penny I think that too.
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Tue 10 Jul - 10:53

Just saw this on Twitter Kate becomes ambassador - Page 3 294124

Kate McCann an ambassador for @missingpeople ? Whats next? Harold Shipman for Help The Aged?
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 10 Jul - 10:54

dutchclogs wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:I have felt for some time that everything about this case is so bonkers that it was a likelihood that Kate and / or Gerry would be made a patron of a charity. The day has finally come - the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQvVTPXZuBo

Indeed we were right NBY!

Buckingham palace is next.... and there's not a doubt in my mind on that!

Yes Penny I think that too.

We certainly had the gruesome twosome's 'wider agenda' figured out long, long ago!

pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Tue 10 Jul - 10:56

And another one

Having Kate #mccann as an ambassador for missing people, is like having Hannibal Lecter as an ambassador for fine food!”

quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 10 Jul - 10:57

http://www.safetycops.com/missing_children.htm

Reading the definitions of 'missing' in the above, invites one to wonder how it is that Madeleine McCann can be defined as 'missing'? Is there evidence that her parents don't know her whereabouts? that she was abducted by someone? that she ran away from home? that she got lost? or told to leave? or not allowed to return home?

The only category she seems to fit into is 'throwaway' in that, according to her parents, she and her siblings, were abandoned.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 10 Jul - 10:58

quickfingers wrote:Just saw this on Twitter Kate becomes ambassador - Page 3 294124

Kate McCann an ambassador for @missingpeople ? Whats next? Harold Shipman for Help The Aged?

Nice one quickfingers. Kate becomes ambassador - Page 3 23324 I am not a Member of facebook or twitter but it would be interesting to know the reaction of facebook.!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 10 Jul - 11:03

quickfingers wrote:Just saw this on Twitter Kate becomes ambassador - Page 3 294124

Love it.

I can see alot of new people who don't post on the McCann hashtag are aghast at this appointment.

The pros haven't woken up yet, or they are preparing for what will be an extremely busy day defending their heroes... l haven't seen one supportive post yet so the public aren't fooled. Kate becomes ambassador - Page 3 944533
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Tue 10 Jul - 11:05

@missingpeople May I also suggest John Terry as your new head of race relations.

@missingpeople : why not ask Josef Fritzl to be an Ambassador too?

@missingpeople. Is Kate McCann running out of money?

I haven't seen one positive Tweet from anyone thinking its a good move yet.

https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%40missingpeople
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 10 Jul - 11:10

quickfingers wrote:@missingpeople May I also suggest John Terry as your new head of race relations.

@missingpeople : why not ask Josef Fritzl to be an Ambassador too?

@missingpeople. Is Kate McCann running out of money?

I haven't seen one positive Tweet from anyone thinking its a good move yet.

https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%40missingpeople

Hi quickfingers

Here is another link where tweets are appearing

http://inagist.com/all/222610684033236993/

By the way, thanks for your links.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 10 Jul - 11:26

Justiceforallkids wrote:
Christine wrote:When I first saw the article I thought it had to be a sick joke, that this would never happen. But then, nothing about them should surprise me anymore, but it still does. This is sickening. Next thing we hear is that she is the new mother Theresa. Kate becomes ambassador - Page 3 477442

is sending a terrible message to teenage/young mums they will think they can do a kate mcann and leave their babies alone and nothing will happen to them!!!

Most parents, whether young or not, have a natural drive to protect their children and provide the best they possibly can for them. It is unfair to demonise mothers on the basis of their age and to suggest that they're feckless and irresponsible and just looking for an excuse to neglect their offspring and get away with it. Research has shown that many young/teenage mothers were already greatly disadvantaged before they became parents and that their choice to have a child in fact elevated their self-esteem and desire to improve not only the quality of their own lives and education, but the quality of their children's. Many young women mature during their pregnancy into highly commited and dedicated mothers, where the loving bond with their child provides a sense of their own agency, the impetus to change old habits and a determination, despite the enormous economic and social challenges, to provide stability, security and happiness for their children.

http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/ahs/downloads/families/familieswp15.pdf
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 10 Jul - 11:39

Joana Morais ‏@xklamation

@missingpeople at facebook removing and censoring all comments on their new "ambassador", Kate #McCann https://www.facebook.com/missingpeople.uk

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 10 Jul - 11:50

almostgothic wrote:Joana Morais ‏@xklamation

@missingpeople at facebook removing and censoring all comments on their new "ambassador", Kate #McCann https://www.facebook.com/missingpeople.uk

Only a handful of people have clicked 'Like,' for the news and all comments that are still there are negative.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Tue 10 Jul - 12:08

Seems they keep removing the comments and they simply reappear. I haven't seen any positive comments anywhere which is surprising. The pros will soon wake up I guess.
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Tue 10 Jul - 12:48

looks like they've stopped deleting comments now, I've posted one and it's still there as are many others, in fact there's only 1 positive comment on the thread
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 10 Jul - 12:51

susible wrote:looks like they've stopped deleting comments now, I've posted one and it's still there as are many others, in fact there's only 1 positive comment on the thread

Love this one susible:

Sam D Salway

Why are you deleting comments, can we not express as a nation how we feel? Didn't delete us when we were giving donations.

Kate becomes ambassador - Page 3 307691
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue 10 Jul - 12:51

You have to question the wisdom of the charity since this is supposed to be a major new initiative funded by free advertising. If the message gets lost in the controversy it is wasted.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  ELI Tue 10 Jul - 12:54

A reminder for the ' missing-people charity ' ~ Neglect under UK law means ;

Failure to protect from physical and emotional harm or danger.

Failure to ensure adequate supervision including the use of adequate care-takers.

Also the intent of the parent is totally irrelevant - It does not matter for the child’s well being what the intent was. There are parents who have intent to neglect, and others who have no premeditated intent. However, the outcome is still failure in their parental duty to protect the child resulting in harm.

Last edited by ELI on Tue 10 Jul - 13:15; edited 1 time in total
ELI
ELI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 337
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  cherrylight Tue 10 Jul - 13:07

The McCanns seem to be driven now by News International.

Be interested to see whether there was a large donation made to Missing Persons Charity by News International in return for this favour????
cherrylight
cherrylight

Number of posts : 48
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Tue 10 Jul - 13:11

Strangely enough, they've not mentioned on their official fb page about Kate's latest achievement...their latest post is thanking a taxi driver for displaying a sticker in his cab...nothing about Kate becoming an ambassador for the Missing People charity...weird, they're normally straight off the mark with self promotion!
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Tue 10 Jul - 13:17

As everyone else has commented I am appalled at this appointment of Kate as Ambassador of Missing Children. I certainly won't be donating.

I can't understand why they would appoint Kate other than the 'cash draw' angle. So who would benefit most from the cash? The Charity obviously and any people they employ to advertise missing children with these 'huge digital billboards'. They would also receive grants from the Government, paid for by us via taxes.

So it's really a money making outfit now plus Kate gets higher up the ladder and it becomes a type of insurance policy.

Did we expect anything else!
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 10 Jul - 13:19

cherrylight wrote:The McCanns seem to be driven now by News International.

Be interested to see whether there was a large donation made to Missing Persons Charity by News International in return for this favour????

When's it going to end cherrylight? This news is an absolute farce. Kate becomes ambassador - Page 3 306321
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next